New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 49 of 49 FirstFirst ... 243940414243444546474849
Results 1,441 to 1,459 of 1459
  1. - Top - End - #1441
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: Girl Genius XXVIII: Dancink! Ve is here for de dancink!

Quote Originally Posted by Hyoi View Post
    Do we think that Albia, as powerful as she is, could actually win a direct confrontation with the team now assembled? We know Lucrezia is at least a credible threat to Albia, and Agatha+Gil+Tarvek+Martellus, with their assorted minions, seems like a threat in a similar tier.
    The thing is, they are in the heart of england. This is like fighting agatha in mechanicsburg when she has setup the stage specifically to confront you. Being powerful sparks doesnt mean much when your opponent is both ALSO an absurdly powerful spark, has a thousand years of experience on you, and is at her seat of power while you have at best a handful of minions and minor tools to work with.
    "Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum"
    Translation: "Sometimes I get this urge to conquer large parts of Europe."

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    Traab is yelling everything that I'm thinking already.
    "If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

2. - Top - End - #1442
    Titan in the Playground

Do we think that Albia, as powerful as she is, could actually win a direct confrontation with the team now assembled? We know Lucrezia is at least a credible threat to Albia, and Agatha+Gil+Tarvek+Martellus, with their assorted minions, seems like a threat in a similar tier.
    Four year old with a gun would be a threat to Albia if they chanced on her sleeping. Context is everything.
    Forum Wisdom

Mage avatar by smutmulch & linklele.

3. - Top - End - #1443
    Troll in the Playground

Flumph

I'm not so sure. The gang, with the aid of Trelawny channeling the power of Albia, were a match for clank!Lucrezia while she was using a clank body created by Tarvek, and who therefore knew its weaknesses. Agatha!Lucrezia was expecting her to be a more advanced version (presumably the one who was taking out Queens) and was surprised that she wasn't.

And finally. the Klaus overlay was warning Tarvek about Albia's power. I doubt that he would do that lightly.
    Warning: This posting may contain wit, wisdom, pathos, irony, satire, sarcasm and puns. And traces of nut.

"The main skill of a good ruler seems to be not preventing the conflagrations but rather keeping them contained enough they rate more as campfires." Rogar Demonblud

"Hold on just a d*** second. UK has spam callers that try to get you to buy conservatories?!? Even y'alls spammers are higher class than ours!" Peelee

4. - Top - End - #1444

It may be the striped pants (heh), but the herald looks more than a bit like Spug from Buck Godot.

5. - Top - End - #1445
    Firbolg in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Albia versus everyone depends on circumstances.
    If Albia has time to issue the mental order "Everyone in England rally to my defense and destroy the invading army", and maintain it - well, we know that England has powerful Sparks, large armies and navies, and so on.
    If they walk into her throne room and spontaneously attack her before she can read their minds - different story.
    But that "read their minds" bit is key. In fact, Albia has the power to rearrange their minds. If she can just have hordes of minions keep them busy while she converts each one, one at a time, into a loyal servant the battle ends with her that much more powerful.
    The amount of plot armor preventing that from happening is astronomical, of course. So I expect that there won't be a pitched battle. There might be a running battle as Albia tries to capture them without killing them as they flee towards some escape vessel. That might be amusing. Given the Foglio's tendencies, it also might last through the rest of 2021.

EDIT:
    If the time has come for someone to exit the strip (for a while or permanently), Albia's mind re-arranging power may be the ticket. Just looking at the strip critically, I don't know how much more there is for Martellus to do. Removing him from the scene (remembering that someone else has a claim second only to Tarvek's) might de-clutter things a bit.
    Last edited by Shining Wrath; 2021-03-12 at 02:25 PM.
    This ... is my signature finishing move!

"It's never good when you make a fiend cringe" - MadGrady

According to some online quiz, I'm a 6th level TN Wizard. They didn't give me full XP for all the monsters I've defeated while daydreaming.
    http://easydamus.com/character.html

I am a Ranger Archetype: Gleaming Warden (thx to Ninja Prawn)

6. - Top - End - #1446
    Bugbear in the Playground

New comic -

did they tell her about Vapnoople yet?
    I'm pretty much the opposite of concise. If I fail to get to the point, please ask me and I'm happy to (attempt to) clarify.

7. - Top - End - #1447

Beholder

Having lounging lions makes the situation look more serious.
    Quote Originally Posted by Celestia View Post
    The British conquered the world in search of spices and then decided to use none of them.

8. - Top - End - #1448
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

Quote Originally Posted by theangelJean View Post
    did they tell her about Vapnoople yet?
    Rakethorn was there. Possibility of him spilling the beans?
    May you get EXACTLY what you wish for.

9. - Top - End - #1449
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by PraetorDragoon View Post
    They have tackled multiple fun-sized death dispensers. Lions are not even close to those.
    In a war it doesn't matter who's right, only who's left.

10. - Top - End - #1450
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Radar View Post
    They have tackled multiple fun-sized death dispensers. Lions are not even close to those.
    Ordinary lions, no. But giant lions presumably made by Albia herself? Who knows what those things are capable of.
    I made a webcomic, featuring absurdity, terrible art, and alleged morals.

11. - Top - End - #1451

Beholder

Quote Originally Posted by sihnfahl View Post
    Rakethorn was there. Possibility of him spilling the beans?
    Thats not spilling the beans. That is filing an official report.
    The British conquered the world in search of spices and then decided to use none of them.

12. - Top - End - #1452
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

Thats not spilling the beans. That is filing an official report.
    I suppose you haven't run into those Official Reports where the subordinate gives a pared-down narrative that omits things out of fear of causing someone to react badly...

13. - Top - End - #1453
    Troll in the Playground

Flumph

I'm not sure that the lions would be there if it was really bad. No point in risking the pets being hurt (unless they are there as waste disposal, of course).

It may just be important enough to be officialy formal - all the other interactions with Albia have so far been various levels of informal and/or unofficial (yes, even the ball).

There isn't that much detail on Albia's face, so it's difficult to tell.
    Last edited by Manga Shoggoth; 2021-03-15 at 11:43 AM.
    Warning: This posting may contain wit, wisdom, pathos, irony, satire, sarcasm and puns. And traces of nut.

"The main skill of a good ruler seems to be not preventing the conflagrations but rather keeping them contained enough they rate more as campfires." Rogar Demonblud

"Hold on just a d*** second. UK has spam callers that try to get you to buy conservatories?!? Even y'alls spammers are higher class than ours!" Peelee

14. - Top - End - #1454

Beholder

I suppose you haven't run into those Official Reports where the subordinate gives a pared-down narrative that omits things out of fear of causing someone to react badly...
    Reacting badly like Albia learning that she wasn't informed that Vanoople returned to full sparkdom and is currently on vacation in an alternate dimension?

15. - Top - End - #1455
    Ogre in the Playground

Leaving things out would work in Agatha's favor.

She did behave stupidly and caused a great danger to be unleashed.
    "We are the people our parents warned us about!" - J.Buffett

16. - Top - End - #1456
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

Reacting badly like Albia learning that she wasn't informed that Vanoople returned to full sparkdom and is currently on vacation in an alternate dimension?
    It's not a problem if he never returns.

Or at least, doesn't return until Rakethorn's well and dead...

Quote Originally Posted by Scarlet Knight View Post
    She did behave stupidly and caused a great danger to be unleashed.
    She behaved sparkily, not stupidly. But the rest...
    Last edited by sihnfahl; 2021-03-15 at 01:38 PM.

17. - Top - End - #1457
    Titan in the Playground

I wonder if lions are a symbol of England in this universe too. I mean, they've obviously never been conquered by Normandy so it shouldn't be, but they do use the Union Jack anyway, so...
    Forum Wisdom

Mage avatar by smutmulch & linklele.

18. - Top - End - #1458
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Quote Originally Posted by Fyraltari View Post
    I wonder if lions are a symbol of England in this universe too. I mean, they've obviously never been conquered by Normandy so it shouldn't be, but they do use the Union Jack anyway, so...
    Like much of Europa compared to actual Europe, england seems to have picked up all the trappings, despite lacking the historical events to make such trappings possible. Presumably, some equivalent occurred.

Heck, the name "England" implies that the island was at one point conquered by the anglo-saxons, which seems counter to them being ruled by an immortal god-queen since what appears to be pre-roman times.

The Trelawny Thorpe story implies that the King Arthur legend is intact. That legend itself seems incongruous with Albia's eternal reign. (maybe Albia took a break for a while, only showing up to emerge from a lake and give a sword to the guy she had appointed Regent in her absence).

We do know Albia was missing for a time after The Other's attack on the Queen's Sanctum. That could be when the Anglo-saxon invasion, and Camelot, occurred.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dsurion View Post
    I don't know if you've noticed, but pretty much everything BRC posts is full of awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by chiasaur11 View Post
    So, Astronaut, War Hero, or hideous Mantis Man, hop to it! The future of humanity is in your capable hands and or terrifying organic scythes.
    My Homebrew:Synchronized Swordsmen,Dual Daggers,The Doctor,The Preacher,The Brawler
    [/Center]

19. - Top - End - #1459
    Troll in the Playground

Flumph

Page 50! Is it new thread time? It's new thread time!