New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 49 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171833 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

Default Re: Girl Genius XXVIII: Dancink! Ve is here for de dancink!

I think it's very telling abut the personalities of Seffie and Tweedle in how they refer to the cat. Seffie says "her" immediately. Tweedle refers to the cat as an "it" which I suspect is how he tends to look at nearly everyone else. They are things, tools to be used. Yeah, Tweedle is a monster through and through.
    Member of the Giants in the Playground Forum Chapter for the Movement to Reunite Gondwana!

2. - Top - End - #212

Heh. I just realized that this means the best way for Tweedle to keep the effects of the Kings Touch at bay is to sit in a chair and give the cat scratches. No doubt the cat approves.

3. - Top - End - #213
    Bugbear in the Playground

BlackDragon

If we are accumulating possible titles:

"What is this worthless thread?"
    Not "fire at". I never used the word "at"
    GENERATION ω+1: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment. Remember, ω + 1 comes after ω.

4. - Top - End - #214
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by theangelJean View Post
    Odds on Miss Cat staying as close to him as necessary?

I mean, he may have replicated his Master's work (or not - he may just have made a talking cat without the leadership abilities. He's certainly not giving her copious amounts of reading material. And apparently the shiny thing is important too). But his main aim was another function entirely - for which a weasel who just looooves you is ideal - yet he chose a cat. IMHO he chose poorly.
    Pretty much my first thought.
    You need something that will stick close to you, listen when you call it and come when you need it.
    And you use a cat.

I mean, it's not the worst choice- not aquatic, no venom, no spines or stuff -but, yeah, pretty much anything else'd be a better pick.

And if you absolutely have no other choice at least give your new best friend a good reason to help you when you need her.

The way he's acting towards her the most likely reaction to Tweedle needing a poke from Miss Kitty will be „Huh. Creator doesn't look good. I better make can opener Seffie give me some tuna.”

Okay, that's the most likely reaction anyway, but there's no reason to push it into the triple digits.
    "If it lives it can be killed.
    If it is dead it can be eaten."

Ronkong Coma "the way of the bookhunter" III Catacombium
    (Walter Moers "Die Stadt der träumenden Bücher")

5. - Top - End - #215

A cat's priorities (not in order of importance, for they are all equally important):

Food provider (Krosp: "Food Lady!")
    Scritchies
    Comfortable lap for napping

We've already seen Martellus fail one of these, and I'm going to provisionally award a second to Seffie as well.

6. - Top - End - #216
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Rogar Demonblud View Post
    A cat's priorities (not in order of importance, for they are all equally important):

Food provider (Krosp: "Food Lady!")
    Scritchies
    Comfortable lap for napping

We've already seen Martellus fail one of these, and I'm going to provisionally award a second to Seffie as well.
    I don't see Tweedle winning a consolation participation price in either of those categories, not with his showing so far.
    "If it lives it can be killed.
    If it is dead it can be eaten."

Ronkong Coma "the way of the bookhunter" III Catacombium
    (Walter Moers "Die Stadt der träumenden Bücher")

7. - Top - End - #217
    Orc in the Playground

Really Tweedle? A cat? A female cat? And Krosp is quite literally the King of Cats?

Yeah, that's is going to work out just great for you. Seems like you're inadvertently
    making Krosp a potential Queen and tying yourself to her.

In other news, it sounds like he's going to make another attempt on Tarvek's life and possibly make it look like an accident. How else can he "secure his claim to the throne".
    Last edited by Zazu Yen; 2020-10-12 at 01:54 PM.
    This post hand crafted by a synapse cluster which also processes nuts, shellfish, alcohol, sarcasm, gluten, puns, MSG, caffeine, ennui, grains, tree pollen, abstract logic, GMO, petroleum byproducts, webcomics, 70's-80's sitcom theme music, pet dander, dubstep and EDM, aspartame, every Monty Python episode and movie, MCU, DCU, asbestos, sugar, LotR, ST, SW, PotC, lead, discworld, electric swing, latex, and Disney IPs as well as other controlled substances. Consume at your own risk.

8. - Top - End - #218

AssassinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Hyoi View Post
    Or maybe he is advertently making trying to make Krosp a potential queen with the goal of tying Krosp to him.
    fify

isn’t that the cat from earlier that recognized Krosp as king?
    if that was on a genetic level no amount of added brain will help to delete it.
    Last edited by Agi Hammerthief; 2020-10-12 at 03:09 PM.
    * my emphasis

http://dmreference.com/SRD/
    http://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/

Things that don't kill me make me strong
    Things that do kill me leave me dead

9. - Top - End - #219
    Troll in the Playground

Flumph

Quote Originally Posted by keybounce View Post
    If we are accumulating possible titles:
    I have 610GB disk space free ... bring it!

Quote Originally Posted by keybounce View Post
    "What is this worthless thread?"
    Also, noted.
    Warning: This posting may contain wit, wisdom, pathos, irony, satire, sarcasm and puns. And traces of nut.

"The main skill of a good ruler seems to be not preventing the conflagrations but rather keeping them contained enough they rate more as campfires." Rogar Demonblud

"Hold on just a d*** second. UK has spam callers that try to get you to buy conservatories?!? Even y'alls spammers are higher class than ours!" Peelee

10. - Top - End - #220
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Agi Hammerthief View Post
    fify

isn’t that the cat from earlier that recognized Krosp as king?
    if that was on a genetic level no amount of added brain will help to delete it.
    As was proven with Krosp himself here.
    In a war it doesn't matter who's right, only who's left.

11. - Top - End - #221
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Shining Wrath View Post
    Krosp may have been Vapnoodle's final achievement, but that is not the same as crowning. He created Krosp while already a prisoner, so probably had access to fewer materials, fewer animals, less time, and so on. And Krosp told Agatha early on that he was considered a failure and was lucky to not be destroyed.
    Tweedle states that the intended leader/ruler of the Bears was to be Vapnoople's Masterpiece. Incidentally, the dialogue also suggest the work started before Baron got to the Doctor...
    Quote Originally Posted by Pickford View Post
    I don't understand your point. Why does it matter what I said?

12. - Top - End - #222
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Divayth Fyr View Post
    Tweedle states that the intended leader/ruler of the Bears was to be Vapnoople's Masterpiece. Incidentally, the dialogue also suggest the work started before Baron got to the Doctor...
    One of the old cast pages hinted that Kris might have been built before the baron started coring Dr dim's brain. Okay, so it actually implied that he had been built mid brain-core, but I suspect that it was hiding the truth by implying the converse.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wardog View Post
    Rockphed said it well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam Starfall
    When your pants are full of crickets, you don't need mnemonics.
    Dragontar by Serpentine.

Now offering unsolicited advice.

13. - Top - End - #223
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

This actually puts Martellus is a more positive light to me, because I suspected (back when Krosp and that female cat were shown) that he was going to use the female cat to somehow control Krosp and either wrestle control of the bears or use it to manipulate Agatha. Now, he might still do that, I admit, but this shows a much more... nice or at least reasonable motivation: to have a creature that emulates the 'Touch of the King' and thus lets him live away from Agatha if they can't undo the process.

So, just that it isn't obviously something evil and manipulative seems a point in his favor.

14. - Top - End - #224
    Barbarian in the Playground

PirateGuy

Martellus is going to wind up in the thrall of Krosp via this kitty. That is what will happen.

15. - Top - End - #225

PirateGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Divayth Fyr View Post
    That's easy to navigate. The bear army came first, and always meant to be culminated in a masterpiece creature. Then Krosp was created -- a masterpiece of misbegotten genius and a failure, but only after the fat. And only a failure in design, not in execution, as krosp is exactly what he was built to be.

Also in many ways Krosp WAS Vapnoodle's masterpiece, He's the Vapnoodle creation that finally transcended Vapnoodle. And he was also the Vapnoodle creation that revived his master's mind. From a creative standpoint Krosp is a complete work of genius -- a little vapid and arrogant but highly functional and even clever in his own way

16. - Top - End - #226
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

Quote Originally Posted by Imgran View Post
    TAnd he was also the Vapnoodle creation that revived his master's mind.
    What? Kosp didn't "revive" his creators mind. That was done by Karl. And Kosp always though of Vapnoople as "Papa" not "Master" and has proven that he's is independent from him by attacking him to save Agatha and calling him a nut.
    Member of the Giants in the Playground Forum Chapter for the Movement to Reunite Gondwana!

17. - Top - End - #227
    Troll in the Playground

Flumph

Quote Originally Posted by Imgran View Post
    And he was also the Vapnoodle creation that revived his master's mind.
    Really? That's not how I remember it.
    Warning: This posting may contain wit, wisdom, pathos, irony, satire, sarcasm and puns. And traces of nut.

"The main skill of a good ruler seems to be not preventing the conflagrations but rather keeping them contained enough they rate more as campfires." Rogar Demonblud

"Hold on just a d*** second. UK has spam callers that try to get you to buy conservatories?!? Even y'alls spammers are higher class than ours!" Peelee

18. - Top - End - #228
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zazu Yen View Post
    Really Tweedle? A cat? A female cat? And Krosp is quite literally the King of Cats?

Yeah, that's is going to work out just great for you. Seems like you're inadvertently making Krosp a potential Queen and tying yourself to her.
    And how many tales do we have of a King being brought down by a woman?
    "We are the people our parents warned us about!" - J.Buffett

19. - Top - End - #229
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Scarlet Knight View Post
    And how many tales do we have of a King being brought down by a woman?
    Well, Krosp was shown dancing with the ladies of the court as a prelude to this, so that could be foreshadowing him being susceptible... It's certainly going to set up a power struggle between them, I'm just fairly certain Krosp will come out on top in a battle of wits with Tweedle.
    Last edited by Zazu Yen; 2020-10-13 at 05:34 PM.
    This post hand crafted by a synapse cluster which also processes nuts, shellfish, alcohol, sarcasm, gluten, puns, MSG, caffeine, ennui, grains, tree pollen, abstract logic, GMO, petroleum byproducts, webcomics, 70's-80's sitcom theme music, pet dander, dubstep and EDM, aspartame, every Monty Python episode and movie, MCU, DCU, asbestos, sugar, LotR, ST, SW, PotC, lead, discworld, electric swing, latex, and Disney IPs as well as other controlled substances. Consume at your own risk.

20. - Top - End - #230

A dead drunk goose could win a battle of wits with Tweedle.

21. - Top - End - #231

SamuraiGuy

Martellus is smart about some things. His Sparky science, certainly, and he's a lethal fighter and ruthless in his pursuit of power.
    But then he goes and botches "The Touch of the King" and winds up needing Agatha alive and nearby when there's a few good reasons to kill her.
    He winds up in England with no allies except a non-spark non-fighter (Seffie) and a whole bunch of people who refrain from killing him only because he's momentarily useful. And under those circumstances, he's still plotting to kill Tarvek (my interpretation), despite the fact that Albia can very likely read his mind if she puts out the effort.

He's brave and Sparky and lethal. He doesn't always think things through.
    This ... is my signature finishing move!

"It's never good when you make a fiend cringe" - MadGrady

According to some online quiz, I'm a 6th level TN Wizard. They didn't give me full XP for all the monsters I've defeated while daydreaming.
    http://easydamus.com/character.html

I am a Ranger Archetype: Gleaming Warden (thx to Ninja Prawn)

22. - Top - End - #232

Case in point, the whole 'Zola as fake Heterodyne' scheme.

23. - Top - End - #233

SamuraiGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Rogar Demonblud View Post
    Case in point, the whole 'Zola as fake Heterodyne' scheme.
    Was that Martellus' idea, or one of the Knights of Jove, or some other Sturmvarous?
    This ... is my signature finishing move!

"It's never good when you make a fiend cringe" - MadGrady

According to some online quiz, I'm a 6th level TN Wizard. They didn't give me full XP for all the monsters I've defeated while daydreaming.
    http://easydamus.com/character.html

I am a Ranger Archetype: Gleaming Warden (thx to Ninja Prawn)

24. - Top - End - #234

Before England, there was no reason to see Tweedle as incapable. He was a tough opponent who had been bested by Agatha, as many others had been, but still was at large and dangerous. After he showed up with his self-made problem, however, he became much harder to take seriously.

At the same time, I think that he generally is insensitive, rather than stupid. Like not getting girlie things that he doesn't care about anyway. Or being rude with the muse; that one bordered on stupidity.

Looking back, he is a massive risk-taker. He would have bet for killing Gil rather than running away, he tried an extreme procedure that altered his own chemical balance to bind Agatha, he entered besieged Mechanicsburg, he meleed the Storm King... Only the last one went really well. The other two bets he lost, and Mechanicsburg ended inconclusively (he lost a hand and two years, but those were the years when Gil was hunting his Order, and he temporarily got Agatha as a prisoner).

He also seems to be at ease with and maybe even like war, and that could be why Tarvek spoke so badly of him, and why the Jaeger like him. The Baron went to war to enforce peace and end squabbles, so out of a necessity that would benefit others, while Martellus would go (or goes) to impose his right and gain glory and power for himself. This would be a very negative trait.

It's interesting to consider what would have happened, if Martellus hadn't taken Agatha away. Agatha would have been stuck in the time-frozen city. Once Gil had found a way to get close to her, the Klaus overlay would have killed her.
    Quote Originally Posted by J.R.R. Tolkien, 1955
    I thought Tom Bombadil dreadful — but worse still was the announcer's preliminary remarks that Goldberry was his daughter (!), and that Willowman was an ally of Mordor (!!).

25. - Top - End - #235

Quote Originally Posted by Vinyadan View Post
    Looking back, he is a massive risk-taker. He would have bet for killing Gil rather than running away, he tried an extreme procedure that altered his own chemical balance to bind Agatha, he entered besieged Mechanicsburg, he meleed the Storm King... Only the last one went really well.
    And even that only worked because The Master was there to melt Andronicus's weapons.. after Tweedle brought one of them into the battle.

26. - Top - End - #236

BlackDragon

I just realized:

Part 2 is 8 years old.

The whole thing is 18 years old.

How old are the experiments again?
    Not "fire at". I never used the word "at"
    GENERATION ω+1: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment. Remember, ω + 1 comes after ω.

27. - Top - End - #237

I think it was in comic commentary that the eldest celebrated a significant birthday recently, and is writing his own comics. There might also have been a comment about it in the Discord interview.
    I'm pretty much the opposite of concise. If I fail to get to the point, please ask me and I'm happy to (attempt to) clarify.

28. - Top - End - #238

He's 18, and so can now be known as Victor. Experiment #2 is still underage.

29. - Top - End - #239

Gil, that was a nasty trick you should have used on Tweedle. Krosp won't learn anything about respecting other people's food, as he is a cat.

30. - Top - End - #240

Default Re: Girl Genius XXVIII: Dancink! Ve is hair for de dancink!

He's brave and Sparky and lethal. He doesn't always think things through.
    Recklessness is certainly Martellus's fatal flaw. But he is very politically savvy and cunning, so I think calling him dumb is inaccurate.

He winds up in England with no allies except a non-spark non-fighter (Seffie) and a whole bunch of people who refrain from killing him only because he's momentarily useful. And under those circumstances, he's still plotting to kill Tarvek (my interpretation), despite the fact that Albia can very likely read his mind if she puts out the effort.
    To be fair to Martellus, his current predicament stems solely from the King's Touch fiasco - if he hadn't done it in the first place, he wouldn't be in England. And assuming Tarvek's death is his current motive - which I don't think he's in any position to pull off, as he's struggling just to stay relevant right now - I doubt he'd be foolish enough to attempt a high-profile assassination right under the nose of a god-queen.