New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Titan in the Playground

Default Killing Eve - Is It Worth Pursuing?

I've watched a couple episodes here and there, and I'm mildly interested. It's intelligent and occasionally darkly funny, but I don't much enjoy random gruesome killings.

Is that pretty much the show in a nutshell, or is there anything more to see?

2. - Top - End - #2
    Pixie in the Playground

Default Re: Killing Eve - Is It Worth Pursuing?

Terrible script and scattered storyline...

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfPirate

Quote Originally Posted by Palanan View Post
    I've watched a couple episodes here and there, and I'm mildly interested. It's intelligent and occasionally darkly funny, but I don't much enjoy random gruesome killings.

Is that pretty much the show in a nutshell, or is there anything more to see?
    I watched quite a few of the episodes from the start on tv, just kinda tripped over it and got stuck watching. Random gruesome killings? That doesn't ring a bell to me at all. It's about an assassin, and she kills people but if they actually gruesomely kill on screen I've totally missed it in the like 6-8 epsiodes I caught.

The main premise is the deadly game of cat and mouse between the 2 protagonists, the psycopath assassin and the woman who somehow gets roped into catching her, the titular Eve, unless I totally misunderstood.

The interplay and tension between them where the killer knows exactly who the chaser is and how to get at her, but the chaser only has tantalising clues. I don't want to say too much though. But it's more of a psychological thriller than splatter horror.

But this is definitely not something you watch here and there, you need to watch it in order. That's partly where I lost it, I missed episodes, beyond that it was on late and I had to prioritize sleep eventually.
    Last edited by snowblizz; 2020-09-25 at 02:36 AM.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ogre in the Playground

Start at the beginning, watch it in order. Series 1 is well worth it. It's funny, the dialog is cool, without straining to be that way. If you ever watched Fleabag, you'll know the talent of Phoebe Waller Bridge, the series writer - she can take you through an obstacle course of emotions in a couple of lines.
    Series 2, having a different writing team, not so much. I didn't bother watching series 3.