New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Civ6itp 4

1. - Top - End - #61
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: Civ6itp 4

Malians. You make no attempts at communication, no attempts at formal diplomacy, the only words we have heard from your people are the words of war from Swedish refugees.

And you have the audacity to demand friendship of us.

I'll give you my answer at Cannon speed. Alliance ships move in! Save the Destiny Ascension.

Spoiler: Spectator war update
    Show

"We hear tales of a glorious university, that is supposed to slingshot us into what the Polish called the Modern era. And yet, we have attained said era without it.

Although our formal country formed frigates are no longer an option. Should we wish to not pollute the world, we have the option of hiring private ships from our citizens to put into our fleets.

However, Reyna has recommended that we focus on our economy to produce more of our battle class ships. We have named the first two, Warsaw, and Seoul.

"Alliance First, Second, and Third fleets. This is Admiral Sherman, your first order will be to bring down the walls of Walaka!"

[We took out about a quarter of the walls, with just this small fleet.]

Admiral Sherman, fleets four through eight will be able to assist in five cycles.

And even as we speak our cities are producing even more Battle class Ships. Operation Thanix will be successful.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deme View Post
    One day, we must all have our characters butchered by romhacks face our ends.

Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

2. - Top - End - #62
    Orc in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

The people of the Peninsula of Desolation thank Korea for their timely aid! May we continue to survive against the onslaught.

Spoiler: Illven (Korea)
    Show
    My government offers a formal military alliance between our two nations. May our knowledge of warfare prove useful to you.
    Happiness is mandatory, citizen. Remember, a happy citizen is a loyal citizen. Failure to be happy at all times is a violation of Alpha Complex regulations. In the event you are unhappy, please immediately inform your Loyalty Officer.

3. - Top - End - #63
    Ettin in the Playground

Oof. Korea was beating everyone pretty handily in the tech race already (because, I mean, it's Korea; that's what they do), and Sweden has apparently decided to back them. I don't think Korea even needs to do much at this point. Mali and Sweden are stuck in the thunderdome of this continent and stalemated, if Korea can just wreck stuff up for a while I'll fall even more behind and if they take some cities their lead will get even bigger.

Sadly, I'm just really bad at war. After the way the last game went I was pretty sure that trying to peacefully expand wouldn't be enough, and I believe I was right -- I've never been able to catch up with Korea's science this game, even with as many cities as I could settle. But the war also went poorly and just kinda fizzled out, partly due to the geography and partly because I'm not very good at it.

I didn't actually declare the war, and I offered peace a while back, but I can't really blame Sweden for rejecting it; like I said, neither one of us could win this game with the land we have.

Sorry for the lack of RP stuff, I just couldn't really keep the motivation for it, heh.
    Last edited by Eurus; 2020-12-18 at 09:43 AM.

4. - Top - End - #64
    Orc in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

Yeah, by the looks of it we both got dealt a bad hand. To be honest, all I wanted originally was to get to the Torne and set that as my border. But once you put Gao and Kangaba there, I felt I had to protect my remaining land/make up for lost time.

We both pretty much took each other out of the running with our war.
    Happiness is mandatory, citizen. Remember, a happy citizen is a loyal citizen. Failure to be happy at all times is a violation of Alpha Complex regulations. In the event you are unhappy, please immediately inform your Loyalty Officer.

5. - Top - End - #65
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by RayGallade View Post
    Yeah, by the looks of it we both got dealt a bad hand. To be honest, all I wanted originally was to get to the Torne and set that as my border. But once you put Gao and Kangaba there, I felt I had to protect my remaining land/make up for lost time.

We both pretty much took each other out of the running with our war.
    Yeah, I should have focused more on trying to find other landmasses to settle. Getting all the AIs to war me was interesting, I usually can't seem to make them like me enough to joint war. They didn't really send many troops, but it hurt my trade a lot. And as Mali, of course, with that 30% production penalty, not having good trade routes means you're pretty bad off.

6. - Top - End - #66
    Orc in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

I thought for sure you were going to completely overwhelm me with purchased units, which is why I started bribing them. Turned out that all the AI were more than happy to war against you. The most I ever had to pay any of them was 1 gold.

Unfortunately, I had to completely abandon my early game plan just to keep producing enough units to keep you out of my lands. A Sweden with only 10 tourism per turn and two city states at the end of the Renaissance Era is not going to do well at all.

7. - Top - End - #67

[OOC, I'm almost certain to take cities. While you might be able to fight off my frigate fleets and may even have frigates and the ability to form fleets of you own, a look at your tech ladder tells me that you are..... at least a dozen turns from battleships. As an absolute minimum.

My battleship fleets are 5 turns away.]

Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

8. - Top - End - #68
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Illven View Post
    [OOC, I'm almost certain to take cities. While you might be able to fight off my frigate fleets and may even have frigates and the ability to form fleets of you own, a look at your tech ladder tells me that you are..... at least a dozen turns from battleships. As an absolute minimum.

My battleship fleets are 5 turns away.]
    Yeah, I only just finished field cannons. Looking at the science spread, you seem to be like 5+ techs ahead of me (and the victory screen says I'm second place in science, although I'm not certain if that's true).

Keeping up with Korea in tech without an absolutely massive city advantage is almost impossible, in my experience. You either beat them up early, or they get half an era ahead of you.
    Last edited by Eurus; 2020-12-18 at 03:51 PM.

9. - Top - End - #69

[OOC Do you wish to concede? The only thing that might help your position is peacing out Sweden, and they can't even dow me for like a dozen turns

10. - Top - End - #70

Spoiler: Spectator war update
    Show

"Madam Nicole! Our spies report a massive influx of wealth as our saboteurs assault the Malian empire."

Admiral Sherman, have your caravels blockade the Malian theocracy.

Continue the attack, if the city fails to defend itself, perhaps we can take them out before Warsaw and Seoul join in.

[I mean if they'll pay me 23 GPT for some coal who am I to say no.]

11. - Top - End - #71
    Orc in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

As Eurus has conceded, so shall I. Well played. This game didn't go as well as I had hoped, but it was a good learning experience for me.

12. - Top - End - #72

I shall make a final spectator post this weekend.

13. - Top - End - #73

A question for Eurus since I'm curious, what level of ships did you have access to?

14. - Top - End - #74
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Illven View Post
    A question for Eurus since I'm curious, what level of ships did you have access to?
    Privateers, iirc. I don't remember if I had frigates or not.

15. - Top - End - #75

Spoiler: Final spectator update
    Show

[We develop Steel almost immediately, at this point our cities are practically unconquerable to any other player. They have defenses in the 60's+, 80 strength when shooting, and a total of 600 hp]

[So it's turn 119 when we pick up in our now single player game.]

It is a pleasure to meet the last great leader of the world.
    [I didn't realize the dutch were to the south of Thunderdrome continent.]

[It took 3, 4 turns total to take the first city.]

[The AI actually can take back their cities, but not like this. Even a human massed attack would probably struggle. My ships can support, and bombards aren't going to do much to urban defenses.]

[6 battleship fleets I promised, 6 battleship fleets I shall have.]

[Let's let the real ships have fun!]

[You know, based on what I know now, I kinda wish I was the one in the golden age.

[That's a 200 hp wall, and my battleships are taking out about a quarter per shot.

[This pretty much stabilizes my gold.]

[Two turns later, another city down.

[They banned my lux.]

[One turn later, another city.]

[But. What actually slows my conquest is this. Mali's got enough pressure to keep flipping most of the cities back to him.

On the other hand, that's several turns they aren't contributing to his empire. And it only last until I lose my patience and just start razing everything in sight.]

So I could show you more, but I think this is enough. Even though my war with AI France felt like it took forever, I completed my war, allowing my science to go up to about double my nearest competitor. In addition, unlike other games where I had a tech lead and lost, my empire had no glaring weaknesses (Except for gold for a handful of turns) I didn't make as much as Mali but I made enough gold. I never felt a hammer crunch. I was leader in player on culture, and even Alexander only had like 20% more culture.

I think the only possible thing that could have lost me the game, would have been when Sweden and I met. Sweden immediately offering a white peace to Eurus, and them tag teaming me in some way. However, Sweden was disencouraged from perusing such an action due to being such a far behind third place. Tag teaming me, would probably just end up with Mali eventually winning. (Or me winning still)

Any questions?