New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Titan in the Playground

Default Nick Fury Series on Disney+

Apparently there is some news that Samuel L. Jackson will be playing Nick Fury in an upcoming series on Disney+.

If true, this raises the prospect of a rematch between Loki and Nick Fury, or at the least some name-dropping and crossovers between their two shows.

I'm not a huge SLJ fan, but I wouldn't mind watching this. Given where he seemed to be the last time we saw him, there's potentially a much broader canvas for this series to work with.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Nick Fury Series on Disney+

My big concern here (beyond the fact that it's apparently barely in the planning stages) is that Nick Fury is the guy who knows everything and plans for everything. If you take that away, he's just the same as every other hero. If you don't, I don't see how they're going to keep any kind of tension going.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kareeah_Indaga View Post
    My big concern here (beyond the fact that it's apparently barely in the planning stages) is that Nick Fury is the guy who knows everything and plans for everything. If you take that away, he's just the same as every other hero. If you don't, I don't see how they're going to keep any kind of tension going.
    There have been well received ongoing Nick Fury solo series before, so I wouldn't be too concerned with this line of thinking.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Titan in the Playground

Originally Posted by Kareeah_Indaga
    My big concern here (beyond the fact that it's apparently barely in the planning stages) is that Nick Fury is the guy who knows everything and plans for everything. If you take that away, he's just the same as every other hero.
    If that end-credits scene was accurate, Nick Fury is a long way from home, and I'm assuming he'll have a lot of catching up to do.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Troll in the Playground

We'll finally learn that David Hasselhoff is his father!
    The Hindsight Awards, results: See the best movies of 1999!

6. - Top - End - #6

Hasselhoff? Please. James Earl Jones is his father.

Just so they can use THAT line.