New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Titan in the Playground

PirateWench

Default Re: IC - An Assassins Ambition - Earn 500k gold.

having been invited dawn sits on dereks non drinking hand side, next to derek allowing her leather skirt to show a bit more leg than normal. No I am sorry derek the wager was for you to drink that bottle not for me.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Orc in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Ssuit yyoursellf. Nodding at Vibax, he slurs out - iff'n you want any, say sso. He then pours another quick series of drinks, downing them back to back.

Damnnattion. That's good rummm.
    Smacking his lips he looks toward Dawn, eyes traveling down, and slowly back up, before flickering to Vibax. Lad why don't you take this, and go wave down a carriage or buggy. I have a feeling that after I'd finnished this. He swirls the contents of raised the bottle, my friend and me, he pats the exposed skin of Dawn's leg. Are ggonna need a riide to my innn for a diffferent kind of funn. Pausing and shaking his head as if to focus he grunts then adds, you'll be welcoome to jjoin us too. Ain't thaat right Darlin'?

3. - Top - End - #33
    Titan in the Playground

PirateWench

Quote Originally Posted by MCollarsen View Post
    Ssuit yyoursellf. Nodding at Vibax, he slurs out - iff'n you want any, say sso. He then pours another quick series of drinks, downing them back to back.

Damnnattion. That's good rummm.
    Smacking his lips he looks toward Dawn, eyes traveling down, and slowly back up, before flickering to Vibax. Lad why don't you take this, and go wave down a carriage or buggy. I have a feeling that after I'd finnished this. He swirls the contents of raised the bottle, my friend and me, he pats the exposed skin of Dawn's leg. Are ggonna need a riide to my innn for a diffferent kind of funn. Pausing and shaking his head as if to focus he grunts then adds, you'll be welcoome to jjoin us too. Ain't thaat right Darlin'?
    oh for certain, - bartender ready another bottle if you would it looks like this one is almost empty

4. - Top - End - #34
    Barbarian in the Playground

Flumph

(after third drink)
    Noticing Derek's stunning constitution (and being quite impressed by it), Haram decides to try to tip the scales in the team's favor.
    He starts gesticulating and reciting words of power under his breath - since the patrons in the Trough are so loud he isn't too concerned about being noticed, but better safe than sorry.
    He conjures up in his mind a moment of personal, traumatic grief; he recalls being sent away by his family to the Church of Golonar - as he was a sickly child, they could not take care of him and thought it would be better to simply get rid of him. He remembers the faces of his parents, stone cold as their child was being taken away... most of all, he remembers his father's back as he simply walked away, and the feeling of betrayal...
    The memory starts to overwhelms Haram as the power of the spell being conjured creates a thrum in his mind audible only to himself. A single tear drops from his eye, immediately evaporating, consumed by the power of the spell, fueling it. Now focusing on his incantation, Haram clears his mind and projects the feeling outwards, towards their target...
    Finally, grasping at the residual mana of his spell upon it's completion, he uses his pearl of power to recall it to his mind.

Spoiler: Sorrow
    Show
    Casting Sorrow on Derek; he has a will save of 14 to make and if he fails he will have -3 on attack, saves, ability and skill checks for the next 5 rounds (which will do nothing at all, but maybe he'll be a little sadder when he invites Dawn over xD); In case y'all were wondering, the tear is the material component for the spell, lolz :P I think it's a safe enough spell to cast at a drunk guy, because drinking sometimes makes you really emotional - shouldn't notice someone tampered with his mood
    Last edited by NiKkatsu; 2020-10-01 at 11:19 AM.

5. - Top - End - #35
    Ogre in the Playground

SamuraiGirl

Luck of the stupid, that one has... Nursing her own ale, the Lady had been certain the target had guzzled down enough liquor to fell an ox. Yet, still he stood. Idly, she wondered if the barkeep had watered the bottle down -- a trick done by less scrupulous publicans in order to sell more booze.

However, none of the regulars seemed concerned about the status of the target, so they had that going for them.

6. - Top - End - #36
    Orc in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

As he fills the jigger yet again, a long moaning sigh, almost sob escapes Derek. He gasps before taking the jigger and tilting it back, as he lowers it back to the table he fumbles, the diminutive glass clatters to the table, rolls and teeters of the edge, rashing into shards on the slate floor. Damn idt. He works his jaw for a moment before shrugging, Screws itz he says almost to himself. He raises the bottle and glugs the remaining contents in 4 short swallows.

Suddenly lurching to his feet, his chair falling back wards with a clatter, his hand still holding the bottle flails as he moves to keep his balance, and he reaches with his other towards the stack of coins Dawn had laid out. Sheea Draling - I twold ya I quid do it. He staggers around the table toward Vibax, kamon ladd, letchs gou.
    He turns to Dawn, grabbs me axche wohmunn. Taking his arm and attempting to put it around Vibax's shoulder, he lowers his bearded face and whispers.
    shee kann joint us's whenz weird done. With that he heads towards the door with Vibax in toe.

7. - Top - End - #37
    Ettin in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

What have I gotten myself into?

"I'm impressed you were able to drink that entire bottle. Where do you want to go?" Vibax asks, supporting his new "friend" as they start to make their way to the door.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thatwarforged View Post
    You sir are a True Pirate Lord.

8. - Top - End - #38
    Titan in the Playground

PirateWench

Dawn gathers up the empty bottle, waiting just long enough for derek and vibax to start out the main doors, then catching up to walk near vibax but behind derek, waiting for derek to get out side a bit - oh my derek you seem to have this bottle, you have not yet won the bet

9. - Top - End - #39
    Ogre in the Playground

Zephyri sees Haram's quick signal from the window, much earlier than expected... Not good, it's barely even been 5 minutes. Damage control! The fey quickly dons the glamer of a dark-haired human courtier, shifting her clothing to match, and dashes through the Tavern doors before their prey can leave.

Haram's simple signal gave Zeph no expectation when she burst through the door, but she was still taken aback by Derek's chosen target, seeing Vibax underneath the massive man's swaying arm. How did they get him this drunk already? Zeph relaxed, seeing that her companions simply sprinted the job, with only minor course corrections. I can work with this...

Standing by the doorway, Zeph draws her polearm dramatically, pointing it at Derek just within reach. "Oy, you lout! LET GO OF MY MAN." Zeph needed to fake none of the murderous intent in her voice. This man would die here, today.
    Spoiler: OoC
    Show
    Responding to Haram's signal in OoC, before they manage to leave the establishment. Lets trap him in here!

Intimidate, Taking 10 to Demoralize Derek in 10' with Zephyri's Glaive: 26

Plan: (Copying from OoC)
    Blocking the door, 10' radius 'Zone of Control' with her Glaive + Unarmed attacks

If he moves, AoOs to Trip + follow-up:

Immediate: Invisibility, for 1 Round (Cooldown, 3 Rounds)

With Glaive:
    Touch attack: 26 vs flat-footed AC (invis)
    Trip attempt: 37

Touch attack: 22 vs flat-footed AC (invis)
    Trip attempt: 37

Unarmed:
    Touch attack: 13 vs flat-footed AC (invis)
    Trip attempt: 25

Touch attack: 22 vs flat-footed AC (invis)
    Trip attempt: 22

Touch attack: 17 vs flat-footed AC (invis)
    Trip attempt: 20

and, follow-up attack if he gets tripped:

With Glaive:
    Attack: 16 vs Prone, flat-footed AC (invis)
    Confirm: 21
    Damage: 10 +1 Fire

Unarmed:
    Attack: 27 vs Prone, flat-footed AC (invis)
    Confirm: 22
    Damage: 9 +1 Fire

Current Condition:
    Disguise Self, 50 min
    Concealment (20%) via Child of Shadow
    Invisible, 1 Round (if AoO triggered)
    +2 Intimidate, -4 Bluff/Diplomacy (Vodare, (1d4)[3] hours)

10. - Top - End - #40
    Ogre in the Playground

SamuraiGirl

...so much for subtlety... As everything went into chaos, the Lady immediately readied herself to intercept any idiot guards or wanna-be heroes among the regulars who attempted to intervene when they heard the clamoring.

And, for that, her hand dropped to a bag of marbles hidden under her cloak...

Spoiler: OOC
    Show

If any NPC tries to rush in to aid Derek, she's letting loose her bag of marbles to impede 'em. They'll need to make a Balance check of 15 or they'll fall (A&EG p24).

11. - Top - End - #41
    Orc in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Huhh? Derek looks up from the floor, one arm still using Vibax as support. His dull drunken eyes take in the glaive wielding figure ensconced with shadows. Yur man? He looks down at Vibax with a frown. hic...ladd ye shuda warnnened me you'd bein' wit sum oned elsed. He lurches forward off of vibax hand moving to brush the glaive out of the way. Wutch it womanz i'm gonna beez ick.

As he attempts to pass Zeph's glaive flicks under his already unbalanced feet, be returning to its previous location as part of the fluid motion and continuing down in a fierce slash. The blade catches Derek on the inside of one of his legs, slicing through the trouser legging and into the meat of his calf. As the blade withdraws upward there is the sudden scent of searing meat, and a spurt of flame erupts between the metal and the bleeding wound.

Derek howls with pain. but seems to focus, his eyes regaining a spark to them. Realizing he's under attack he lets out a bellow.

The music and singing in the room stops, all eyes moving to the figures surrounding the door, everyone appears shocked and unmoving, a moment passes .....

12. - Top - End - #42
    Titan in the Playground

PirateWench

initiative 42 - bringing the bottle up narrow end pointed at derek - the bet was you could not drink the bottle and here is that bottle - shoving it as far as she can into dereks mouth

drawing dragonsplit holding attack

13. - Top - End - #43

Flumph

[initiative 21]
    'Fools! The gall.. how is this subtle?' Haram thinks to himself as he moves towards Derek. 'Well, time for some damage control before this gets out of hand'
    He hisses a terrible curse in the Abyssal tongue and reaches out for the man sprawled on the floor, touching his bald head (is he actually bald?)

Spoiler: Curse!
    Show
    Casting bestow curse (will save DC16) using the following curse: 'The next person introduced to him/her will hate the accursed uncontrollably and forever' BOVD p.28; the idea being that probably some guards are on their way (I think there's even one in the bar already?) So they would immediately side with us against Derrek, hating him uncontrollably. Other guards, seeing one guard going up against Derrek would also probably tend to side with him/us. This guard would probably even applaud at us executing him.
    Last edited by NiKkatsu; 2020-10-02 at 03:42 PM.

14. - Top - End - #44
    Ogre in the Playground

Zeph watches Derek fall to the floor, her glaive cooling down in his blood. As Dawn plugs his mouth to quiet his hollering, she notes that Dawn is between Derek and his signature Waraxe, sitting on the table behind her. Well, this is going to be much easier, now!

The Courtier sneers at the man on the floor, tossing her hair and earrings as she leans on her polearm. "Ah, so you DO know your place." The woman snaps her weapon up against her back, smiling. "You've laid hands on what's mine. I can be quite handsy too."
    Show
    Initiative 24

Turn: (Copying from OoC)
    No Swift (Immediate)
    Full-Round:
    Flashing Sun(-2) Two-Handed(-2) Full Attack

Total: 1x Glaive attack, 3x Unarmed, at a -4 penalty each (Unarmed with Legs / Knees)

Glaive: 22 vs Prone, flat-footed AC
    Damage: 10

5ft Step north, into close range, still blocking the door

Unarmed 1: 15 vs Prone, flat-footed AC
    Damage: 10 Non-Lethal

Unarmed 2: 17 vs Prone, flat-footed AC
    Damage: 7 Non-Lethal

Unarmed 3: 12 vs Prone, flat-footed AC
    Damage: 10[/B] Non-Lethal

Plan:
    If Derek stands, Unarmed AoO attack
    If Derek crawls, Unarmed AoO attack
    If Derek runs, Unarmed AoO trip, then Glaive AoO trip
    If the Guard through her zone, Glaive AoO trip

Current Condition:
    Disguise Self, 50 min
    +2 Intimidate, -4 Bluff/Diplomacy (Vodare, 3 hours)

15. - Top - End - #45
    Ogre in the Playground

SamuraiGirl

Gods above and below! Lady Winterhawk resisted the urge to roll her eyes.

Instead, she took a step forward, grateful that the wig now obscured her features. "Don't. Get. INVOLVED." Hand ready on the bag of marbles, her voice was pure ice as she growled at the nearby patrons.

16. - Top - End - #46
    Troll in the Playground

Dox acts like she is casually walking away from the fight and ends up at the table with the battle axe. No point leaving a perfectly good axe laying around. She grabs it and holds it casually at her side like she had always been holding her axe. "Just in case, I better have my axe in hand." Immediately after saying that she wished she hadn't.
    Last edited by redfeline; 2020-10-03 at 12:54 AM.
    Custom avatar by Emperor Ing

17. - Top - End - #47
    Ettin in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Vibax casually walks behind Derek, leaning down as he is unexpectedly pummeled. Vibax's beaming smile now something entirely sinister to behold, Vibax says quietly enough that Derek can certainly hear him, but hopefully the patrons of the tavern can't make out everything clearly or easily.

"Have you ever been betrayed by a lover? Do you know the depths of revenge a scorned heart can wish upon another? You're about to find out. You messed up one too many times, Derek, and now your day of reckoning has arrived. What will it be like? No longer able to hold another in your arms or experience the pleasure of a partner in bed. No longer be able to see the ones you love without their faces twisting in horror and disgust at your presence. To hear the screams and shrieks of fear when they behold your new mangled visage. All you have to do to prevent that, is beg for mercy and forgiveness. What will it be, Derek?"

This is exhilarating. I can't wait to hear him beg for his life.

Vibax's sinister grin looms upside down in Derek's line of vision as the young man leans over and attempts to intimidate the powerfully built bald man.

Spoiler: Actions
    Show
    Actions and rolls here for reference.
    Last edited by Aegis013; 2020-10-04 at 01:15 AM.

18. - Top - End - #48
    Orc in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Derek looks up into the grinning face of the youth....to think that he had thought the boy naive and unwitting an easy target for his darkest desires....

He choked and gagged and he extricated the bottle that one of the women had so casually forced into his open mouth. Pulsee - stahp. I'mm sahwry. I donn't knouw whaat I ddid ta ya, but plesse don-don't khill meh. He spins on the floor clutching at Vibax's boots, Ihm Sarree. Whut'en evvur I deid ta ya Ihm sarry.

He looks up at the lad tears glistening on his face, spittle surrounding his mouth. There is a look of true desperation, in those eyes.... mixed with pain, confusion and despair.

19. - Top - End - #49
    Titan in the Playground

PirateWench

Dawn from behind stabbing her +1 dagger in the back of dereks neck just below his skull
    roll to hit (1d20+7)[20] damage (1d6+3)[7]
    Last edited by samduke; 2020-10-04 at 06:35 PM.

20. - Top - End - #50
    Orc in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

The eyes of their target roll back in his skull, the second swipe from the glaive, renders the mewling wreck unconscious. Dawn's following blow to the base of his neck seals his fate. His already limp body gives a final shudder before the slumping to the ground.

Zephyr darts forward savaging the body with two quick blows to the legs, before reaching to the figures waist and undoing the weapons belt slung their, two small leather pouches still tied to it. As she finishes extracating the belt, her fingers snag his trousers and bring them to his ankles.

While this final insult may leave the targets memory even more humiliated, the unexpected scent of feces and urine accompanied the removal of the trousers. The target was well and truly dead, his bowels having relaxed and spilled their contents.

As she withdraws from the corpse Zeph makes a quick leap through the still open doors of the tavern, despite her natural agility, she was unable to avoid her foot landing on then crashing thru and up-turned bucket upon landing. Her foot smashed through the bottom and she wobbled dangerously before catching herself, though she now had a tangle of wood, metal and splinters sheathing her right calf.

Haram remains standing with a bloody glaive, Dawn a dagger similarly dripping blood. Dox is standing a little back, holding the dwarven axe. Vibax is standing near the ever growing pool of blood and bile that is oozing across the wooden boards, soaking into every minor crevice.

Several patrons who had been looking between the altercation and the Lady returned to their seats, though their demeanor indicated they'd much rather disperse. The lone guardsmen remained half standing half sitting at his stool, obivously straining to do what was both right and his duty, and the fear of interfering with a half a dozen figures....His hand is clenched white knuckled on the cudgel he wears.
    Last edited by MCollarsen; 2020-10-05 at 11:20 AM.

21. - Top - End - #51
    Ogre in the Playground

Zephyri's catches her breath as the job starts to wrap up. And, that's the show! I can't wait to hear how they all did this so quickly... Her adrenaline spikes right back up again when she crashes through the bucket she failed to notice behind her.

Zeph sighs first inwardly, then lets the Courtier sign outwardly at the bucket on her foot. And the show must go on. Encore! The Courtier smashes the bucket against the floor to free herself, sheathing her glaive in place on her back. Catching the nearest waitress' eye, she smiles wanly. "My apologies for the mess," The courtier retrieves 5 platinum coins from her belt, dropping the coins by the body and bucket on the floor.

The Courtier points at Vibax, the only other actor whose role she knows, "You! We're leaving. Now." And with that, she heel-turns to make her exit. And, scene.
    Show
    Alright, let's see if we can't play ourselves out!

The rich aristocrat that knows she's above the law, leaving and causing no more trouble. Hopefully the coin payment alleviates the guard's conscience... That and knowing he would likely die if he steps up. No-one else seems interested in helping either, seems like Haram's spell may have worked to not make him any new friends.

Plan:
    Heading out of the bar, with whoever else. Once we're clear, swift invisibility, teleport a ways, and drop the glamer... The alter ego should seem to simply disappear, with a different person suddenly appearing in an alleyway 50' away. Scatter, and regroup back at the X-Mansion?

Standard/Swift/Both(?): Shake this mess off of me? If not, break the thing the rest of the way? Maybe just kick the wall with my encased leg to break it off... Let me know and I can re-flavor the above.
    Move: Getting out of Dodge!

22. - Top - End - #52
    Ettin in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Vibax's need for sacrificial objects results in a simple grunt of acknowledgement at Zeph's command as he carefully undoes the bracers off the victim, surprisingly unconcerned that there is a guard nearby. If Derek's bald head sports any kind of fancy head wear, Vibax also takes it.

Once he has the bracers in hand, he casually stands, stuffing the taken objects into a pouch under his cloak, carefully stepping around the expanding pool of bodily fluids and casually walks through the door into the daylight without turning to face the guard.

Time to get lost in the crowd.

Vibax leisurely strolls a scenic route as he makes his way back to the Hall. If he finds himself sufficiently alone, he makes some changes to his disguise in case there are any parties interested in following up on the day's events.
    Last edited by Aegis013; 2020-10-05 at 05:56 PM.

23. - Top - End - #53
    Titan in the Playground

PirateWench

Dawn wiping the bloodied blade on what was left of derek's clothes, sheathing it and following the others outside.

24. - Top - End - #54
    Ogre in the Playground

SamuraiGirl

The Lady casually took one more sip of ale as the primaries made their escape first. Then she skulked out with a few of the more fleet of foot bar patrons. Best to leave before the guard could find his stones.

She took the scenic route through the city, however, making sure to spread the shocked gossip here and there in the streets of how the bald man died as a blubbering drunk coward at the Trough, bawling like a baby all the while.

25. - Top - End - #55

Flumph

Covered in gore, Haram feels delighted. 'That was easy. Almost too easy' he thinks.
    He decides to take Derek's bracers before leaving, then steps out into the street calmly. He let's out a sigh of relief: the Voice in his head has calmed down. For the time being, it feels like there is only Haram in his body right now. As it often happens right after a satisfying kill, Haram is feeling healthier, too. He walks without hunching or limping and his breathing is easier. Whistling, he finds an alley nearby and walks into it. He casts a spell, which causes detritus and loose debris to form a small vortex around him, lifting him suddenly into the air. He descends slowly, moving laterally to land on a nearby rooftop. It'll be less conspicuous to head back to base covered in blood from the rooftops.
    He resumes whistling with glee.

Spoiler: Spell
    Show
    Haram casts Updraft (assuming the roofs aren't higher than 50ft)
    Last edited by NiKkatsu; 2020-10-06 at 11:45 AM.

26. - Top - End - #56
    Ogre in the Playground

Zephyri slips into the streets without notice, free from the turmoil left behind inside the tavern. After a few buildings, she flickers into a nearby alleyway to throw off pursuit, no longer the Courtier in lavish clothing but just herself in light cloth and cloak. She waits for some time alone before jumping over the alley fence and into the back-ways she's outlined in their previous area recon, making her way back to the mansion without trouble.

Zeph swings by Wren's first to have the belt and contents identified, exchanging her usual innuendo-filled banter with the gender-fluid fence. "Must be nice to be gorgeous in any form you want to take..."

After that bit of fun, Zephyrinque takes her spoils back to her chambers before heading right back out to Velska's to see if she's got a new batch for her. I've earned some beautiful downtime after how well that mission went! That half-elf may well be her favorite person in the entire mansion...
    Show
    Happy to expand upon the above interactions w/ DM, I don't know how much we get to sandbox these NPCs and don't want to go too far Feel free to workshop with me in OoC / PM and we can paste over the above with her downtime fun!

Plan:
    Getting high on Dream Mist, and collecting however many doses Velska made for her as part of her starting package!

Loot Management:
    • Discover Belt properties
    • Discover Pouch contents (Coinpurse? Tools?)
    • Decide keep / give-away on above
    • Purchase orders for any spending on the next job

Then, begin planning/recon on the Tutor mission!

27. - Top - End - #57
    Titan in the Playground

PirateWench

Arriving back at the guild waiting for the others to filter in. Eventually looking over the things that were brought back as bounty, Dawn looking closely at a belt, Anyone mind If I have this?, When it comes time to sell that which is not kept dawn offers her silver tongue skills to try to get the best deal possible for each item.
    Last edited by samduke; 2020-10-07 at 02:30 PM.

28. - Top - End - #58
    Ettin in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

After washing his hands and face and donning his preferred garb, the ceremonial clerical garb of Verebaz, Vibax joins the others looking over the haul.

To Dawn's inquiry he responds "I think it would suit you better than me, at the very least." then to no one in particular he talks, his hands in constant motion as he flaps his lips "That was exhilarating. The way he grovelled and begged for mercy was just wonderful. A job well done, team. Let's keep the momentum and complete our next job perfectly as well."
    Last edited by Aegis013; 2020-10-07 at 04:25 PM.

29. - Top - End - #59
    Ogre in the Playground

Zephyri returns to the mansion later that night, after spending some time with Ethne. Collecting her things from Wren first, she heads up to their usual meet-up room in the back recesses of the mansion, listening outside the door for a good moment to make her entrance.

Zeph struts in, modelling her belt and boulder pouches. "Shiny, no?" After an exaggerated pose, she smiles and takes the pouches off and places them beside the rows of coin on the table. "Stone bullet pouches, good for breaking windows, skulls, or making a quick two-eighty plat."

Gesturing at the belt she's wearing, she continues, "Now this, is your standard Belt of Living-Long-And-Prosperous, 200 Plat. I'll be taking this part of my share, unless we got something even more athletic to trade?" Zeph flexes a bit, winking at her recently-divorced-fake-lover Vibax before cracking into laughter.

Falling into a chair, she agrees with what she heard Vibax say through the doors. "That was excellent. You guys did an amazing job of watering him and then wringing him dry." Zeph starts re-sorting the coins to account for her new accessory, re-aligning them into uneven stacks. Never shrift your new life-lines...
    Show
    Bringing in her loot and claiming her portion, as already discussed in OoC. Zeph is keeping the belt unless she can trade for the bracers, happy to RP the discussion here as we see fit

Plan:
    Split the loot (IC or OoC)
    Begin planning/recon on the Tutor mission!

30. - Top - End - #60
    Troll in the Playground

Dox enters the room late holding the axe in the form of a man before shifting back to her usual appearance.. "Sorry I am tardy. I got stuck behind the crowd and took a more scenic route back changing disguises before returning. She holds forward the axe and looks at Dawn You left this on the table back there, I am willing to bet it is magical She eyes the table with the pile of coins the guild was always so efficient with payment. A smile crosses her face.
    Custom avatar by Emperor Ing