Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Page 24 of 28 FirstFirst ... 141516171819202122232425262728 LastLast
Results 691 to 720 of 821
  1. - Top - End - #691
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Valmark's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Montevarchi, Italy
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [IC] The Cult of Brannulv

    "Many people have fun by bullying others- how much was it fueled by alcohol is an unknown but ultimately irrilevant" Ghiso stated "The fact that the guards weren't intervining while us and more seriously you two were being harassed is proof that they don't care enough of the consequences until someone draws blood... And then the fault would be of the attacker regardless of the reason. I guess Qsen's a nice city only until you go look under the rug"
    I won an argument with my GM -15/08/2017- (20:32 GMT +1)

    Want to try a WereWolf or Mafia game? Do you already know it and want to play it? Upick currently recruiting!


  2. - Top - End - #692
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Gluteus_Maximus's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    A Humorous Location
    Gender
    Male2Female

    Default Re: [IC] The Cult of Brannulv

    "The dragonborn were similar, though they were never drunk or vulgar. Simply bullying." she curled up a little bit. "Of course, the dragonborn had reason to do what they did."
    Quote Originally Posted by Requilac View Post
    Wow, i canít believe it, WotC actually made the rules compatible for a situation in which an ape demon is leaping into the air to knock a vampire out of a Poylmorphed T-rexís jaws who is flying 120 feet above the ground.
    Amazing Avatar by Smutmulch

  3. - Top - End - #693
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    RedWizardGuy

    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [IC] The Cult of Brannulv

    Zanza guides everyone to the inn, and taps Ghiso on the shoulder upon entering. "You're up, big boy. Make it good."
    Last edited by Zergrinch; 2021-01-22 at 07:25 AM.

  4. - Top - End - #694
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    DrowGirl

    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Washington, USA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [IC] The Cult of Brannulv

    In the Bosun's Rest a bard plays a lute and sings of lost love while two dozen people or so have afternoon meals. This place is set up more towards providing food and a place to sleep rather then large volumes of alcohol.

    A heavyset women moves around topping up mugs and clearing plates. She carries herself with a posture and attitude that suggests that she will not take flak from anyone and is more then capable of cracking heads if she has to. When she see you come in she tells you that they are serving bouillabaisse, bread, and cheese for 13 cp or a vegetable stew for 5 cp.

    ---

    The sight of somebody swimming draws some attention, as the water downstream of the city is generally considered to be something best avoided.

    In the harbor the water carries a lot of suspended particulates and macrobiotic critters making it impossible to see more then a few feet under the surface. Lana does not have to go very deep before she can no longer see anything.

    There are plenty of starfish and anemones on the piers visible just below the water line, but they do not have much to say about anything.

    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    I am ruling that starfish and anemones are mindless and incapable of telling you anything of any importance.
    "Time is an abstract concept created by carbon-based life-forms to monitor their ongoing decay." - Thunderclese

  5. - Top - End - #695
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Xihirli's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Behind you. RIGHT NOW.
    Gender
    Male2Female

    Default Re: [IC] The Cult of Brannulv

    Lana surfaced. "I'm going to go in a bit deeper..." she frowned down at the water. "No, there are more important things." She got on her knees next to the water, dipping her hands in. Blue light shimmered around her as she began purifying the water. She smiled over her shoulder at Taara. "Join me?"
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Zar Peter View Post
    Supagoof took the most blows and incidentally took exactly the same damage Xihirli inflicted.
    Quote Originally Posted by Silent_Interim View Post
    Xihirli: Being a better target since 2015.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elenna View Post
    Xihirli, bastion of murder and betrayal.
    Quote Originally Posted by BasketOfPuppies View Post
    Wow I missed a lot today. So, kill Xihirli?
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceseer View Post
    I really wanted what Xihirli said to be true though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowblaze View Post
    You can trust her to be completely insane; and probably to backstab you.
    Quote Originally Posted by flat_footed View Post
    I still prefer to see you as the dagger hanging over us all, Xi.

  6. - Top - End - #696
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Gluteus_Maximus's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    A Humorous Location
    Gender
    Male2Female

    Default Re: [IC] The Cult of Brannulv

    Taara felt her face flush. "I-in the water? Okay but, I should take off my clothes yes?" she started to undress. "It would be difficult to swim in this anyway."
    Quote Originally Posted by Requilac View Post
    Wow, i canít believe it, WotC actually made the rules compatible for a situation in which an ape demon is leaping into the air to knock a vampire out of a Poylmorphed T-rexís jaws who is flying 120 feet above the ground.
    Amazing Avatar by Smutmulch

  7. - Top - End - #697
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Xihirli's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Behind you. RIGHT NOW.
    Gender
    Male2Female

    Default Re: [IC] The Cult of Brannulv

    "You can sit outside the water if you want." Lana looked distrustfully at any people around them, then looked confused. "I've never done that before."
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Zar Peter View Post
    Supagoof took the most blows and incidentally took exactly the same damage Xihirli inflicted.
    Quote Originally Posted by Silent_Interim View Post
    Xihirli: Being a better target since 2015.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elenna View Post
    Xihirli, bastion of murder and betrayal.
    Quote Originally Posted by BasketOfPuppies View Post
    Wow I missed a lot today. So, kill Xihirli?
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceseer View Post
    I really wanted what Xihirli said to be true though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowblaze View Post
    You can trust her to be completely insane; and probably to backstab you.
    Quote Originally Posted by flat_footed View Post
    I still prefer to see you as the dagger hanging over us all, Xi.

  8. - Top - End - #698
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Gluteus_Maximus's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    A Humorous Location
    Gender
    Male2Female

    Default Re: [IC] The Cult of Brannulv

    "Oh, okay." Taara undid everything she did to undress. "I will sit outside the water, then. To be honest, I'd be nervous because I do not actually know how to swim, even outside of a dress."
    Quote Originally Posted by Requilac View Post
    Wow, i canít believe it, WotC actually made the rules compatible for a situation in which an ape demon is leaping into the air to knock a vampire out of a Poylmorphed T-rexís jaws who is flying 120 feet above the ground.
    Amazing Avatar by Smutmulch

  9. - Top - End - #699
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Xihirli's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Behind you. RIGHT NOW.
    Gender
    Male2Female

    Default Re: [IC] The Cult of Brannulv

    "I'll teach you," Lana repeated her old promise. She stayed as close to Taara as she could with her arms in the water, purifying it. "You'll love the water."
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Zar Peter View Post
    Supagoof took the most blows and incidentally took exactly the same damage Xihirli inflicted.
    Quote Originally Posted by Silent_Interim View Post
    Xihirli: Being a better target since 2015.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elenna View Post
    Xihirli, bastion of murder and betrayal.
    Quote Originally Posted by BasketOfPuppies View Post
    Wow I missed a lot today. So, kill Xihirli?
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceseer View Post
    I really wanted what Xihirli said to be true though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowblaze View Post
    You can trust her to be completely insane; and probably to backstab you.
    Quote Originally Posted by flat_footed View Post
    I still prefer to see you as the dagger hanging over us all, Xi.

  10. - Top - End - #700
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Valmark's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Montevarchi, Italy
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [IC] The Cult of Brannulv

    This was going to be the first and last time Ghiso ever took the lead in a conversation.
    "Thank you" he addressed the woman courteous "But we're actually not here to eat- not yet anyway. We would like to ask a few questions about a matter we are pursuing, hoping the locals could help" he explained.

    "Though I understand that stopping to talk with idle strangers while working isn't a good deal, so if you or somebody else knowledgeable of the area and more importantly of it's going-ons could stop to talk about it we could order some food and pay extra for the talk to make up for the inconvinience" he offered the woman a smile hoping that could be a decent arrangement.

    Spoiler: Ooc
    Show
    Mmm Persuasion? (1d20+1)[17]
    I won an argument with my GM -15/08/2017- (20:32 GMT +1)

    Want to try a WereWolf or Mafia game? Do you already know it and want to play it? Upick currently recruiting!


  11. - Top - End - #701
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    DrowGirl

    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Washington, USA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [IC] The Cult of Brannulv

    The woman pauses for a moment to actually look you over and assess how much trouble you might cause.

    "Alright you can ask around, but if you drive anybody out, you are paying the tab."
    "Time is an abstract concept created by carbon-based life-forms to monitor their ongoing decay." - Thunderclese

  12. - Top - End - #702
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Valmark's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Montevarchi, Italy
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [IC] The Cult of Brannulv

    "Good enough" Ghiso nodded and turned to Zanza and Rose "We should separate and ask around separately, we'd be able to talk with more people this way" he told them.

    Ghiso then looked over the clients to check if there were some that looked like they wouldn't mind too much receiving questions. People that seemed in a hurry or irritated would be less willing to talk.
    I won an argument with my GM -15/08/2017- (20:32 GMT +1)

    Want to try a WereWolf or Mafia game? Do you already know it and want to play it? Upick currently recruiting!


  13. - Top - End - #703
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    RedWizardGuy

    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [IC] The Cult of Brannulv

    Zanza gravitates towards the bard. In her experience, bards are very good in picking up the occasional rumor and stray piece of information that people with lips loosed by alcohol can blurt out. She doesn't say anything at first, but just observes the bard's performance and studies him.
    Now Playing

    Zarron Gemblossom (Half-Elf Bard): IC | OOC
    Zuu Greenbrook (Half-Elf Warlock 7): IC | OOC

  14. - Top - End - #704
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    DrowGirl

    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Washington, USA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [IC] The Cult of Brannulv

    Scattered among the tables some of the more noticeable occupants of the Bosun's Rest are:

    In the corner a hobgoblin sits with an eccentric hat and oversized red robes. There are several other nonhumans around her.

    The Bard is a half-elf, it looks like he has sailed the sea for many years and has gone on several adventures.

    Next to the fire is a triton and a halfling. The halfling is holding a rapier in one hand, the tip bobbing to the beat of the song, and a flask in the other.

    An old wizard in yellow robes sits sipping soup with his spell book open. His eyes are closed but a raven is looking at the book.
    "Time is an abstract concept created by carbon-based life-forms to monitor their ongoing decay." - Thunderclese

  15. - Top - End - #705
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    DruidGirl

    Join Date
    Nov 2020
    Location
    An enchanted forest
    Gender
    Male2Female

    Default Re: [IC] The Cult of Brannulv

    Rose walked over to the wizard and asked if she could sit at the same table.

  16. - Top - End - #706
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Valmark's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Montevarchi, Italy
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [IC] The Cult of Brannulv

    Ghiso, remembering Lana's description, approached the triton and the halfling.
    "Hello- sorry to disturb you. May I ask you some questions?" he asked them, not yet taking a seat with them "My companions and I are investigating the disappearance of a relic and would like the help of the locals in gathering some information"
    I won an argument with my GM -15/08/2017- (20:32 GMT +1)

    Want to try a WereWolf or Mafia game? Do you already know it and want to play it? Upick currently recruiting!


  17. - Top - End - #707
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    RedWizardGuy

    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [IC] The Cult of Brannulv

    "Hey," Zanza speaks softly to the half-elf bard in between performances, "You got a minute?"
    Now Playing

    Zarron Gemblossom (Half-Elf Bard): IC | OOC
    Zuu Greenbrook (Half-Elf Warlock 7): IC | OOC

  18. - Top - End - #708
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    DrowGirl

    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Washington, USA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [IC] The Cult of Brannulv

    The wizard tilts his head, you can tell by the way he holds himself that he is probably blind. "Is somebody talking to me?" The raven looks around.

    ---

    The halfling is wearing a tricorne hat and has some beads in his beard. "A relic you say ... is this of the worthless item that some special priest once owned kind, or the blessed by the spirits with great power kind?"

    ---

    After the bard finishes the song he looks down at Zanza and reaches for his mug. "Aye, what is it?
    "Time is an abstract concept created by carbon-based life-forms to monitor their ongoing decay." - Thunderclese

  19. - Top - End - #709
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    DruidGirl

    Join Date
    Nov 2020
    Location
    An enchanted forest
    Gender
    Male2Female

    Default Re: [IC] The Cult of Brannulv

    "Yes, excuse me, I was asking if I may sit at your table and have a short conversation."

  20. - Top - End - #710
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Valmark's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Montevarchi, Italy
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [IC] The Cult of Brannulv

    "Unsure" Ghiso said "Precious enough to be stolen kind, I guess. We know that whoever did it was invisible, on the smaller side of size and spent time at sea" he recounted "I realize how this sounds and I'm obviously not moving any accuse- that would be rude. But you two do look like you'd know about seafaring people- does anybody come to mind with this description? Somebody that would have had the means to turn invisible, too?"

    Spoiler: Ooc
    Show
    Maybe the 8 wis guy shouldn't have been interrogating the potential culprits.
    I won an argument with my GM -15/08/2017- (20:32 GMT +1)

    Want to try a WereWolf or Mafia game? Do you already know it and want to play it? Upick currently recruiting!


  21. - Top - End - #711
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    RedWizardGuy

    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [IC] The Cult of Brannulv

    Quote Originally Posted by Izzarra View Post
    After the bard finishes the song he looks down at Zanza and reaches for his mug. "Aye, what is it?
    "You look like you go to places where you pick up the occasional piece of gossip. My name is Zanza Gilgalgulaglubglub. I'm a private investigator attached to the Temple of Matatabi. I wonder if you heard of the loss of one of their relics?"
    Now Playing

    Zarron Gemblossom (Half-Elf Bard): IC | OOC
    Zuu Greenbrook (Half-Elf Warlock 7): IC | OOC

  22. - Top - End - #712
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    DrowGirl

    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Washington, USA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [IC] The Cult of Brannulv

    The Wizard's raven looks at Rose. "Why yes, of course you can. Now what would someone like you be want to talk about with an old fool like me?" he says in a pleasant joking tone.

    ---

    "So, you think that because I am of the shorter kind I must know all of the others in the city?" says the halfling indignantly. "I suppose you also think that my friend here must know every fish in the bay."

    ---

    The bard rolls Gilgalgulaglubglub around his mouth a few times while absentmindedly plucking a few notes on his lute.

    "Otis Juhalm at your service. While I may have heard many things, I have not heard anything specific about a theft of a relic."
    Last edited by Izzarra; 2021-01-27 at 01:07 AM.
    "Time is an abstract concept created by carbon-based life-forms to monitor their ongoing decay." - Thunderclese

  23. - Top - End - #713
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Valmark's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Montevarchi, Italy
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [IC] The Cult of Brannulv

    "As much as I can see the ties, that wasn't at all what I meant" Ghiso assured the halfling "I asked you about people who fare the seas and happen to fit the description. You are mariners before anything else, right? Isn't that a captain's hat?" he nodded at the halfling's tricorn.

    "If someone were to know about other seapeople I would expect nobody better then a captain and his... Friend? I'm unaware of what bond the two of you share"
    I won an argument with my GM -15/08/2017- (20:32 GMT +1)

    Want to try a WereWolf or Mafia game? Do you already know it and want to play it? Upick currently recruiting!


  24. - Top - End - #714
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    RedWizardGuy

    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [IC] The Cult of Brannulv

    "Probably not," the goblin agrees, "But we had a lead that the culprit was not only light on their feet, they were invisible and smelled of the sea. That's why we're here, to gather whatever information we might have. So I was wondering if you have anything to say about it - anything would be helpful."
    Now Playing

    Zarron Gemblossom (Half-Elf Bard): IC | OOC
    Zuu Greenbrook (Half-Elf Warlock 7): IC | OOC

  25. - Top - End - #715
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    DrowGirl

    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Washington, USA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [IC] The Cult of Brannulv

    "Look at this, he thinks I'm a captain." They jest and laugh at the notion. "Nay, the hat does make the captain. "I can think of several salts that could fit that description. Many of them are probably dead or a long ways from here. I am not aware that any are around now."

    ---

    "Well Zanza, I am mostly retired from the life of adventuring, but Red over there" the bard gestures to the the hobgoblin in the corner "might know something. She is a privateer for the city, spends most of her time hunting pirates and whatnot."
    "Time is an abstract concept created by carbon-based life-forms to monitor their ongoing decay." - Thunderclese

  26. - Top - End - #716
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    RedWizardGuy

    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [IC] The Cult of Brannulv

    Zanza thanks the bard and approaches the hobgoblin. "Excuse me, Miss... Red, was it? Can I have a moment of your time?" she speaks in Goblin.
    Last edited by Zergrinch; 2021-01-28 at 09:41 AM.
    Now Playing

    Zarron Gemblossom (Half-Elf Bard): IC | OOC
    Zuu Greenbrook (Half-Elf Warlock 7): IC | OOC

  27. - Top - End - #717
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Valmark's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Montevarchi, Italy
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [IC] The Cult of Brannulv

    "I understand. Thank you for your time. If I may ask another question..." Ghiso took out his book and quill and ink "I was under the impression that tricorns were meant for ship captains. Is that not the case, then?" he stared with the curiosity of a twelve years old kid.
    I won an argument with my GM -15/08/2017- (20:32 GMT +1)

    Want to try a WereWolf or Mafia game? Do you already know it and want to play it? Upick currently recruiting!


  28. - Top - End - #718
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    DrowGirl

    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Washington, USA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: [IC] The Cult of Brannulv

    Lana manages to purify a few cubic yards (or meters) of the bay, leaving a hole in the seawater that is filled with drinkable water.

    ---

    The halfling tells Ghiso "On those fancy ships that are all official like it ain't the hat that tells you the rank matey. Nay, 'tis the coat that tells you who's in charge."

    ---

    As Zanza approaches Red the noise level in the room drops perceptively. Two of Red's associates stand up to bar Zanza but she signals them to stand down.

    Red leans forward and rests her chin in her palm. "Speak."
    "Time is an abstract concept created by carbon-based life-forms to monitor their ongoing decay." - Thunderclese

  29. - Top - End - #719
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Xihirli's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Behind you. RIGHT NOW.
    Gender
    Male2Female

    Default Re: [IC] The Cult of Brannulv

    Lana frowned. "Huh. Well... back at it." She dove into the water, and decided to search for an octopus because they're smart.
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Zar Peter View Post
    Supagoof took the most blows and incidentally took exactly the same damage Xihirli inflicted.
    Quote Originally Posted by Silent_Interim View Post
    Xihirli: Being a better target since 2015.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elenna View Post
    Xihirli, bastion of murder and betrayal.
    Quote Originally Posted by BasketOfPuppies View Post
    Wow I missed a lot today. So, kill Xihirli?
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceseer View Post
    I really wanted what Xihirli said to be true though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowblaze View Post
    You can trust her to be completely insane; and probably to backstab you.
    Quote Originally Posted by flat_footed View Post
    I still prefer to see you as the dagger hanging over us all, Xi.

  30. - Top - End - #720
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Gluteus_Maximus's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    A Humorous Location
    Gender
    Male2Female

    Default Re: [IC] The Cult of Brannulv

    Taara smiled; she enjoyed watching Lana do her thing. This is calm. This is nice. She kicks her feet in the water a little bit- tickles. A little chilly. She giggled and looked out to the horizon.
    Last edited by Gluteus_Maximus; 2021-01-29 at 12:33 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Requilac View Post
    Wow, i canít believe it, WotC actually made the rules compatible for a situation in which an ape demon is leaping into the air to knock a vampire out of a Poylmorphed T-rexís jaws who is flying 120 feet above the ground.
    Amazing Avatar by Smutmulch

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •