New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 13 of 34 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617181920212223 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #361
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: [IC] The Cult of Brannulv

Lana ran back and forth between Taara and her new best friend, Rose, comparing their scents and rolling over until Rose came to a stop.
    Spoiler: Check Out my Writing!
    Show

https://www.patreon.com/everskendra

I post short stories in the middle of every month, and if you want to follow my novels as they’re edited and written, you can join as a patron!

2. - Top - End - #362
    Troll in the Playground

Taara walked along with Lana and this new "Rose" person she does not trust fully, but she is helpful for now. She keeps a careful watch on Lana, given her response to her lesson about "helpful strangers who do things for personal gain".
    Quote Originally Posted by Requilac View Post
    Wow, i can’t believe it, WotC actually made the rules compatible for a situation in which an ape demon is leaping into the air to knock a vampire out of a Poylmorphed T-rex’s jaws who is flying 120 feet above the ground.
    Amazing Avatar by Smutmulch

3. - Top - End - #363
    Dwarf in the Playground

DruidGirl

Rose walked through the city navigating not by streets or directions but by landmarks, even seemingly inconsequential ones like "that building with the flower pots with pink flowers" and preferred to remain on the edges of or outside overly crowded places like markets but without straying into empty places either.

At the inn, Rose walked in and then gently looked back at Taara and Lana, to see if Taara wanted to say anything else before Rose went to her room.

4. - Top - End - #364
    Titan in the Playground

Lana nuzzled Rose's thigh in thanks, her tail going nuts again.
    Show

I post short stories in the middle of every month, and if you want to follow my novels as they’re edited and written, you can join as a patron!

5. - Top - End - #365
    Troll in the Playground

Taara pays attention to the directions, realizing that Ghiso and Zarron don't actually know the way *either*. She shrugs at that thought, knowing that they will find it eventually.

She did not approach Rose, deciding to simply make sure Lana is safe. As they arrived at the inn, she waved to her as she went to her room and she approached the counter. "How much for... uh, two rooms?"
    Wow, i can’t believe it, WotC actually made the rules compatible for a situation in which an ape demon is leaping into the air to knock a vampire out of a Poylmorphed T-rex’s jaws who is flying 120 feet above the ground.

6. - Top - End - #366
    Titan in the Playground

Lana felt her bones stretching and contracting as the hour ran up and she regrew into her humanoid form. "Aww, I liked being a wolf!"
    Show

7. - Top - End - #367
    Troll in the Playground

"I like you in every shape you come in, Lana!" she turned to her and smiled.

8. - Top - End - #368
    Titan in the Playground

"D'awww," Lana said. "Hey, Rose!" she called.
    Show

9. - Top - End - #369
    Dwarf in the Playground

DruidGirl

Just as Rose was opening the door to her room she heard an unfamiliar voice call out. She closed the door again and called back.
    "What is it?"
    Last edited by Fay; 2020-12-03 at 03:09 AM.

10. - Top - End - #370
    Ogre in the Playground

Zarron approaches a shop with a modest front, inside is packed with all manor of clockwork mechanisms. There is a dwarf crouched over a workbench with a complex magnifying rig on his head.

---

Ghiso goes to the temple of Grohtgeit. It is remarkably modest in size compared to the massive structures the dwarves are known to build in their cities. However what it lacks in size and grandeur it makes up for in intricate quality. Fine carvings depicting ancient stories of the dwarven race rendered in locally available materials fill the hall.

An acolyte is carefully cleaning one of the many carvings, considering the care that is being given and the amount of carvings it is probably a full time job to keep the temple so tidy.

The acolyte greets Ghiso and welcomes him to the temple. After hearing the news "The timing is most unfortunate. Master Undin is out helping heal a sickness in a nearby town."

---

Tammy, head server of the Old Stag, recognizes Taara "Welcome back Luv, how did things go over in Tamor?"

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    16 sp per day for two rooms at the Old Stag.
    "Time is an abstract concept created by carbon-based life-forms to monitor their ongoing decay." - Thunderclese

11. - Top - End - #371
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Izzarra View Post
    Zarron approaches a shop with a modest front, inside is packed with all manor of clockwork mechanisms. There is a dwarf crouched over a workbench with a complex magnifying rig on his head.
    Zarron clears his throat, unsure how to proceed. "Excuse me sir, I'm looking for anyone from Clan Bluehammer?"
    Now Playing

Zarron Gemblossom (Half-Elf Bard): IC | OOC
    Zuu Greenbrook (Half-Elf Warlock 7): IC | OOC

12. - Top - End - #372
    Titan in the Playground

Lana held out a hand to Rose to shake since she couldn’t before.
    “Well, you’re just so nice and smart and wonderful. Do you want to join our party? We’re trying to stop an evil cult from doing some vague evil things tangentially related to plagues!”
    Show

13. - Top - End - #373
    Dwarf in the Playground

DruidGirl

Rose, somewhat bewildered by what she'd just heard, shaked Lana's hand and said "Perhaps but I might need a bit more to go on. How about we discuss this a bit later today?"
    Last edited by Fay; 2020-12-03 at 08:35 AM.

14. - Top - End - #374
    Titan in the Playground

Lana pouted in impatience. ”Oh, alright. If you’re not sure.” She opened up her arms. ”Hug?”
    Show

15. - Top - End - #375
    Dwarf in the Playground

DruidGirl

Rose stepped forward to hug Lana. "Hug."

16. - Top - End - #376
    Titan in the Playground

Lana giggled and wrapped Rose in a warm, loving hug. "Talk to you later." She broke off with a smile and ran after Taara. "That pretty lady might join our party!"
    Show

17. - Top - End - #377
    Troll in the Playground

"Um... Fairly well. A bunch of people died. But we traced the plague back to its source and stopped it, then fought a magic golem over the cure." She explained quickly. "We returned, gave the cure to the apothecary and we got cured, so I imagine by now... it's been 3 days... probably all fine by now. If they had enough." on the side, she looked in her coinpouch, noticing she did not have 16 silver coins. So she placed two gold coins on the counter, knowing they amounted to the right value or greater. She turned away, not really caring about change.

"She is certainly... interesting. she gave a small smile to Lana, her emotions returning in her boo's presence... "I do not trust her yet. But I see that you do." she paused."She came from overseas, she said. Do your people know about this place where she is from? Sorry, I do not know much about the oceans."

18. - Top - End - #378
    Titan in the Playground

"Oh! Yes... We came from close by. We've helped him deal with it" he looked around "Well, tecnically I did nothing, it was the companions that aren't here. Nevermind, then- and thanks anyway" with that he took leave to go visit the Magic Emporium.

When he found it Ghiso entered seeking some clerk-looking person.

19. - Top - End - #379
    Titan in the Playground

"Uhh... I don't think so," Lana said. "Sorry, I wasn't really listening to the talking when I was a wolf. I could smell you from a distance, so I was distracted."
    Show

20. - Top - End - #380
    Troll in the Playground

"Smell?" she sniffed herself. "I suppose I have not bathed in a small while. What do I smell like?"

21. - Top - End - #381
    Titan in the Playground

"Happy dreams and laughter," Lana said. "Which room is ours?"
    Show

22. - Top - End - #382
    Troll in the Playground

"Ah! I'll go ask. I think they have keys, right?" she returns to the counter. "hi, which rooms are they? And how much is dinner here?"

23. - Top - End - #383
    Ogre in the Playground

The dwarf glances at Zarron through a gap in the various lenses he is wearing. "Who is asking?"

---

Tammy says a short prayer for the people of Tamor. "You'll have to tell me all about it later Luv."
    She thanks Taara for leaving the change when she shows you the rooms. They only have a small wash bin in them, passes to use the bathhouse down the street are included with the stay. Breakfast is included, dinner is 2 sp per person.

---

As Ghiso goes to leave the acolyte says "I have heard that Master Undin may be back in a day or two."

When Ghiso is leaving the dwarven quarter he is stopped by the city watch. "How long are you planning on leaving the portal open sir?"
    "Time is an abstract concept created by carbon-based life-forms to monitor their ongoing decay." - Thunderclese

24. - Top - End - #384
    Troll in the Playground

Before turning to Lana, Taara reacted to being called "luv". "Uh... Huh..." she blushed.

After seeing the rooms, Taara picks the most well lit one to drop her stuff in and then turns around "Thank you very much!" she then turns to Lana, blushing "Ooo! Bathhouses!"

25. - Top - End - #385
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Izzarra View Post
    The dwarf glances at Zarron through a gap in the various lenses he is wearing. "Who is asking?"
    "Me, sir. I just came from the mines with news," Zarron tries to make himself look small. "You may want to take a seat."

Zarron then proceeds to explain what he and the group saw, using Minor Illusion to provide a macarbe tableau of the massacre. He ends with the fact that they town-portalled a day's travel from the mine and that the portal is still open.
    Last edited by Zergrinch; 2020-12-04 at 08:57 PM.

26. - Top - End - #386
    Titan in the Playground

“Is that a bath the size of a house or a house the size of a bath?” Lana asked, excited at both possibilities.
    Show

27. - Top - End - #387
    Troll in the Playground

"I... am not sure. I just saw the word bath. The houses part is probably important..." Taara became lost in thought for a moment. "Anyway! We have some time to ourselves. What do you want to do? We could go looking for clothes. Find out what a bathhouse is maybe! Or we could try just everything."

28. - Top - End - #388
    Titan in the Playground

Lana looked down at her Brannulv Cultist robes.
    “Both, I think.”
    Show

29. - Top - End - #389
    Titan in the Playground

Ghiso had not thought about that.
    "Ideally we'd leave tomorrow. Just need the time to rest and buy more supplies" he told the guard, hoping that was enough.

30. - Top - End - #390
    Ogre in the Playground

The dwarf flicks back the lenses to take a look at Zarron with a raised bushy eyebrow. "Why would a little elf have news of my brethren?"

He studies Zarron as the tale is recounted and accepts that he is telling the truth.

With a heavy heart he says "So you are saying that these cultists killed everyone in the mine?"

---

Tammy laughs at the confusion over what a bathhouse is. "No Lov, it is just a building where people go to bathe in bath tubs."

---

"Okay, that will be 2 gold per day then 1 silver per hour, due when you leave. let me get your information." The watchperson fills out some paperwork while another settles in to guard the portal.

After asking around Ghiso is able to get directions to Honest Yuri's Magic Emporium. Upon entering a heavy man greets him from behind the counter "Velcom, I am Yuri and this is my magic emporium all items guaranteed magical. How can I help?" The place is well kept and there are a variety of items on display with name cards and price tags but no descriptions. There is a sign prohibiting the casting of spells in the shop and another with all sales final, no refunds.
    Last edited by Izzarra; 2020-12-05 at 01:12 AM.