New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 14 of 34 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415161718192021222324 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #391
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: [IC] The Cult of Brannulv

Lana gasped. "Am I Lov? That's wonderful!" She opened up her arms to hug Tammy.
    Spoiler: Check Out my Writing!
    Show

https://www.patreon.com/everskendra

I post short stories in the middle of every month, and if you want to follow my novels as they’re edited and written, you can join as a patron!

2. - Top - End - #392
    Troll in the Playground

Listening to Lana say "both" Taara smiled and kissed her on the cheek again. "Okay!" she throws her bag on the bed, carrying her coinpurse, then stepped out the door of the room, noticing Lana hugging Tammy. "Oh. Should we be thanking her?"
    Quote Originally Posted by Requilac View Post
    Wow, i can’t believe it, WotC actually made the rules compatible for a situation in which an ape demon is leaping into the air to knock a vampire out of a Poylmorphed T-rex’s jaws who is flying 120 feet above the ground.
    Amazing Avatar by Smutmulch

3. - Top - End - #393
    Titan in the Playground

"Well, I think so!" Lana said. "Thank you!" she said brightly.
    Show

I post short stories in the middle of every month, and if you want to follow my novels as they’re edited and written, you can join as a patron!

4. - Top - End - #394
    Troll in the Playground

Taara comes up to Tammy and gives her a side hug, pressing her face into her side. "Thank you for the rooms." she says before releasing the hug and continuing on her way, gesturing for Lana to follow her out
    Wow, i can’t believe it, WotC actually made the rules compatible for a situation in which an ape demon is leaping into the air to knock a vampire out of a Poylmorphed T-rex’s jaws who is flying 120 feet above the ground.

5. - Top - End - #395
    Titan in the Playground

Lana wrapped Taara in one arm as she sought out a tailor, or someone to clothe them.
    Show

6. - Top - End - #396
    Titan in the Playground

Ghiso whistled seeing all the merchandise and resisted the urge of pulling out his book.
    "Hello, I'm Ghiso. I seek to sell this rune" he nodded at the disk floating after him, where the rune was covered by clothes "It's a rune that attacks the mind of who sees it and makes them run away. It should be discharged at the moment -it automatically recharges after a time- but I'm not going to remove the bedroll until you tell me to. I've mined it out of a wall, so it's pretty heavy"

7. - Top - End - #397
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Izzarra View Post
    The dwarf flicks back the lenses to take a look at Zarron with a raised bushy eyebrow. "Why would a little elf have news of my brethren?"

He studies Zarron as the tale is recounted and accepts that he is telling the truth.

With a heavy heart he says "So you are saying that these cultists killed everyone in the mine?"
    "We didn't see them do it, but we think so. That's really all I came to tell you about, sir. Our gate is still open if you want to use it, and I think we'll spend the night in Qsen before returning."

Having said his piece, the half-drow quietly bids the dwarf farewell and goes off to help Ghiso sell the magic item.
    Now Playing

Zarron Gemblossom (Half-Elf Bard): IC | OOC
    Zuu Greenbrook (Half-Elf Warlock 7): IC | OOC

8. - Top - End - #398
    Ogre in the Playground

Lana and Taara find a seamstress where they can look at some clothing.

---

As Zarron leaves the shop he hears the dwarf making oaths in dwarfish.

He is able to catch up with Ghiso before honest Yuri finishes casting Identify as a ritual and examining the stone. "Hmm, yes I can take this, do you want coin or store credit?"
    "Time is an abstract concept created by carbon-based life-forms to monitor their ongoing decay." - Thunderclese

9. - Top - End - #399
    Titan in the Playground

Lana looked up and down some traveler's clothes that was practical for a long trip. "Neat!"
    Show

10. - Top - End - #400
    Troll in the Playground

Taara picks out and tries on many different commoners' dresses, eventually deciding on four or five that she liked and could wear after the last one got dirty or torn. She made sure to pick out different colors, but also that Lana liked on her.

11. - Top - End - #401
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

"Is he buying the hot and cold stone and the colorful potions too, Mr. Durant?" Zarron pipes up, while he fishes out the multi-colored potion he pilfered from the miniature apothecary.
    Now Playing

12. - Top - End - #402
    Titan in the Playground

Lana picked out a single hardy yet blue set of traveler's clothes. "Bath time?" she asked.
    Show

13. - Top - End - #403
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler: Ooc
    Show
    Sorry, I thought I had replied somehow.

"Coins, if you please" Ghiso replied, then smiled at Zarron "Not yet. I first want to assess what those potions do before we decide on selling them or not. We'd have to come by here again either way. The stones... Let's discuss them with the group first, no?"

14. - Top - End - #404
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

"Um, ok," Zarron replies, as he stuffs back the potion into his pack and gives all the items in the store a cursory look before heading off. He will revisit one of his old haunts - the pub where he had performed at while undergoing his apprenticeship. It's a long shot that anyone in Qsen would know the female cultist they fought, but it was worth a shot.

== OOC ==
    Note: as an urchin, Zarron has "City Secrets". You know the secret patterns and flow to cities and can find passages through the urban sprawl that others would miss. When you are not in combat, you (and companions you lead) can travel between any two locations in the city twice as fast as your speed would normally allow.
    Last edited by Zergrinch; 2020-12-07 at 08:34 AM.
    Now Playing

15. - Top - End - #405
    Troll in the Playground

Taara nods at the mention of the baths, blushing a bit at the prospect of being in the same bath as Lana. Nude. She looks away to get her bearings, then back to Lana. "Um, which dress should I wear when we come out of the bath?"

16. - Top - End - #406
    Titan in the Playground

“Mmmmmm green one!”
    Lana advised.
    “It goes with your hair really well when it’s wet.”

Thinking of the same thing, Lana hurriedly brought them back to the baths.
    “Hello. We would very much like to get into one of your baths.”
    Show

17. - Top - End - #407
    Ogre in the Playground

Taara and Lana go to the bathhouse. The building is very plain and utilitarian, but clean and in good shape. It is divided into men's and women's sections.

Showing your passes to the attendant you are provided with a towel, brush, and soap.

In the women's section there is a row of 10 metal tubs each with pull chains for hot and cold water. There are no privacy dividers. There is some sort of furry humanoid soaking in the back with a wash towel draped over their face.

---

Honest Yuri's eyebrow raises ever so slightly at the mention of other potential items for sale. He goes into the back, you can hear the sound of a heavy safe door being operated. He comes out and begins laying down platinum coins one at a time. "Normally for something like this I would offer 150 gold, but for you" he pushes forward 20 platinum coins.

---
    Zarron looks through several of the items before leaving the store.
    Spoiler: Inventory
    Show
    There is a case of various potions
    Dagger of Healing
    Sword of Warning
    Ring of Invisibility
    Goggles of Increased Perception
    Wand of Wands
    Gloves of Sensitivity
    Pauper's Purse
    Scale Mail of the Serpent
    Shield of Retreat
    Goggles Aberrant Perception
    Ring Mail of Wishes
    Breastplate of Flotation
    Assassin's Bracer

Checking around the city for information, Zarron does not find anybody that is aware of any cults matching the description.
    "Time is an abstract concept created by carbon-based life-forms to monitor their ongoing decay." - Thunderclese

18. - Top - End - #408
    Titan in the Playground

Lana happily shed her clothes and folded the new ones to change into after. "Hello," she said to the bathing woman. "Nice day for a bath." She lowered herself in. "Oh that is a lovely heat."
    Show

19. - Top - End - #409
    Troll in the Playground

Taara imitates how Lana undressed, and folded up the green dress like Lana asked in the same way she had folded her own replacement clothes. She also lowered herself in, in a different bath to Lana. "Ahh... Warm," she moaned out and relaxed in her own tub.
    Last edited by Gluteus_Maximus; 2020-12-08 at 01:05 AM.

20. - Top - End - #410
    Titan in the Playground

Lana looked, wide-eyed, over at Taara as she picked a different bath. "You don't want to share one?"
    Show

21. - Top - End - #411
    Titan in the Playground

"That's... Thank you" Ghiso said appreciatevely taking the offered money "Where should I bring the rune? Or are you going to lift it off by yourself?" he asked about the rather heavy rune- either Yuri planned on using magic or he'd need a hand.
    "We'll surely come again tomorrow, but thinking about it- would you have a scroll of Town Portal and ink to copy it in my spellbook?"

22. - Top - End - #412
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Zarron looks through several of the items before leaving the store.
    Spoiler: Inventory
    Show
    There is a case of various potions
    Dagger of Healing
    Sword of Warning
    Ring of Invisibility
    Goggles of Increased Perception
    Wand of Wands
    Gloves of Sensitivity
    Pauper's Purse
    Scale Mail of the Serpent
    Shield of Retreat
    Goggles Aberrant Perception
    Ring Mail of Wishes
    Breastplate of Flotation
    Assassin's Bracer

Checking around the city for information, Zarron does not find anybody that is aware of any cults matching the description.
    After ogling the magic items, Zarron leaves Horsey with the public stables, advancing the day's fee of 2 silver from the party loot, and spends a few hours searching for information. After being frustrated by the lack of progress, and actually not having heard of the inn Taara was heading towards (The Old Stag), the tired half-elf methodically goes to all inns in the city, looking for one that's been visited by a "wood elf and genasi", or a "wood elf and wolf".
    Now Playing

23. - Top - End - #413
    Ogre in the Playground

A damp towel hits Taara upside the face. The head of a mildly annoyed looking red furred squirrelfolk pokes over the lip of the other tub.

---

Honest Yuri gestures to an open spot on a sturdy table for the stone block to go and covers it up.

"No scrolls here. Go to the Ink Pot, they will have what you are looking for."

He gives Ghiso directions to the Ink Pot up the hill in the nicer part of town.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    They have the stuff you mentioned you can RP it out, or not. Level one spell scroll is 60 gold.

---

There are fewer then a half-dozen inns in the city and it does not take too long for Zarron to find out from Tammy at the Old Stag that Taara already reserved a room for him and that that they went shopping and to the baths.

24. - Top - End - #414
    Troll in the Playground

"Ow!" Taara got hit my the towel, then looked in its source's direction. "Um, I am very sorry, I will try to be quieter" Taara took the towel and through it underhand back to the squirrel folk woman.

25. - Top - End - #415
    Titan in the Playground

Ghiso thanked Honest Yuri. Before leaving he perused the magic shop and asked "How much would that sword be worth?" pointing at the Sword of Warning. He wouldn't buy that without asking the others in any case, but knowing the price ahead of time was helpful.

Following the instructions, he went to the Ink Pot. Entering the shop, he looked for a clerc to help him- showing his book he said "Hello- I'm Ghiso Durant. I was hoping you could help me adding the Town Portal spell to my book, and I know a companion of mine is missing a component pouch if you have those too" Zarron hadn't told him anything, but he noticed the lack of it.

Spoiler: Ooc
    Show
    Ghiso, you don't have it either. Details!

26. - Top - End - #416
    Titan in the Playground

Lana surfaced and gave Taara a kiss. "Sorry, we should really stop for now."
    Show

27. - Top - End - #417
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

There are fewer then a half-dozen inns in the city and it does not take too long for Zarron to find out from Tammy at the Old Stag that Taara already reserved a room for him and that that they went shopping and to the baths.
    Having not slept well the previous night, Zarron checks into his room, takes a sponge bath, and hits the bed for a little afternoon nap.
    Last edited by Zergrinch; 2020-12-09 at 08:26 AM.
    Now Playing

28. - Top - End - #418
    Troll in the Playground

"Okay," Taara managed, then kissed Lana back. "We can continue later. At least there would not be an annoying person in the room then."

29. - Top - End - #419
    Titan in the Playground

After the bath was complete, Lana got out of the bath and went for her new clothes. "So what next?"
    Show

30. - Top - End - #420
    Troll in the Playground

Taara dries off her hair with a towel, which remains a darkened purple from the usual pink. Slipping on her undergarments, then her brand-new green dress, she showed it off to Lana, then considered her question while stretching (making cute noises while doing so) and breaking the dress in for moving around. "Well, that was relaxing up to a point. Do we have anything else we need to buy? Or should we go and find the others."