New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 16 of 34 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151617181920212223242526 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #451
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: [IC] The Cult of Brannulv

"Great! Please Lanitfat don't wake him up" Ghiso said, having no intention of manhandling him.
    Last edited by Valmark; 2020-12-17 at 06:11 PM.

2. - Top - End - #452
    Titan in the Playground

”Okay,” Lana shrugged and hopped back down the stairs.
    “Bump bump bump bump bump...”
    she reclaimed their table.
    Spoiler: Check Out my Writing!
    Show

https://www.patreon.com/everskendra

I post short stories in the middle of every month, and if you want to follow my novels as they’re edited and written, you can join as a patron!

3. - Top - End - #453
    Dwarf in the Playground

DruidGirl

For a few moments there was silence from Rose's room. Maybe she was out? Then the sound of footsteps moving around the room and a familiar voice.
    "Coming!"

Shortly thereafter Rose finally opened the door. There was a gentle smile on her face and her combat equipment (including chainmail and halberd Taara hadn't seen before) were neatly arranged in a corner of the room.
    "Sure! A mystery sounds like fun!" Rose said with a widening smile.

4. - Top - End - #454
    Troll in the Playground

Taara meekly clutched her staff, from which a small rabbit's foot loosely hung, and cowered slightly but eventually managed to return a slight smile. She turned and headed down the hallway quietly. "There is a priest here taking care of Zarron, he's one of our friends, he put on a cursed medallion" she took the one she had nabbed from the cultists out of her pack and held it up "But in return, we are going to look for a relic that was stolen from their temple."
    Last edited by Gluteus_Maximus; 2020-12-17 at 06:47 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Requilac View Post
    Wow, i can’t believe it, WotC actually made the rules compatible for a situation in which an ape demon is leaping into the air to knock a vampire out of a Poylmorphed T-rex’s jaws who is flying 120 feet above the ground.
    Amazing Avatar by Smutmulch

5. - Top - End - #455
    Ogre in the Playground

Zarron is not asleep long enough for any dreams, or nightmares, to happen before Teoz arrives with the others.

The cleric pulls a sack out from under his robe, reaches in, and pulls out a pair of manacles tossing them towards Zarron. They fly over and clamp themselves onto Zarron's wrists.

He moves over and takes a look at the amulet Zarron is wearing "Hmm, yes this is a depiction of Brannulv. Poor child, symbols of evil spirits are not to be trifled with."

Without bothering to wake him, Teoz pucks up Zarron and slings him over his shoulder.

"We shall have to preform several rituals to be sure the amulet can be removed safely and that your companion is free of corruption."

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    As Zarron is unconscious he automatically fails the Dex save.
    "Time is an abstract concept created by carbon-based life-forms to monitor their ongoing decay." - Thunderclese

6. - Top - End - #456
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Upon being plucked up and boyhandled, Zarron takes up with a start. He is groggy at first, but soon realizes that he has been restrained.

"HELP! HELP! KIDNAPPER!" he screams, kicking at his abductor.
    Now Playing

Zarron Gemblossom (Half-Elf Bard): IC | OOC
    Zuu Greenbrook (Half-Elf Warlock 7): IC | OOC

7. - Top - End - #457
    Troll in the Playground

Taara hears the screaming and as her ears perk up she turns to face the source. "Sorry, I should help with this." she bows slightly to excuse herself from talking with Rose and moves to Zarron and Ghiso's room.

"Zarron, calm down. We are having the curse removed so you can take that medallion off," she explains to try to placate the boy.

She then addresses Teoz, "Mister Teoz, if you need help keeping him restrained I would be glad to be of assistance." She looked down embarrassed "Also, it may be selfish of me to request, but I have questions to ask and wish to receive guidance from you."
    Wow, i can’t believe it, WotC actually made the rules compatible for a situation in which an ape demon is leaping into the air to knock a vampire out of a Poylmorphed T-rex’s jaws who is flying 120 feet above the ground.

8. - Top - End - #458
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

"Help me! Please, help me, Miss Taara! He's going to... he's going to...!" the panicked half-elf hyperventilates.
    Now Playing

9. - Top - End - #459
    Dwarf in the Playground

DruidGirl

Rose hurriedly catches up to Taara to ask her something.
    "Should I bring my combat equipment for safety's sake to help find the relic?"
    Last edited by Fay; 2020-12-18 at 02:52 AM.

10. - Top - End - #460
    Titan in the Playground

Ghiso had to admit he was feeling a bit guilty.
    "He isn't going to hurt you, Zarron. I swear on that- you'll understand once he's done" he assured him "And we'll be coming with you anyway. But you wouldn't want to come if we let you walk by yourself"
    ...maybe.

When Rose showed up Ghiso turned to look at the newcomer, briefly connecting the dots.
    "You Rose? Lanitfat's friend?" he asked "I'm Ghiso Durant. It'd be impolite to ask somebody else's identity without offering mine first. I... Apologize for the show" meaning the screaming half-elf.
    Last edited by Valmark; 2020-12-18 at 03:46 AM.

11. - Top - End - #461
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Zarron's breathing slows as his gut feelings tell him that Ghiso meant everything he said. He stops struggling.

"What's he going to do to me?" he squeaks out.
    Now Playing

12. - Top - End - #462
    Titan in the Playground

Lana looked up the stairs from her seat. "It sounds like it's going well."
    Show

I post short stories in the middle of every month, and if you want to follow my novels as they’re edited and written, you can join as a patron!

13. - Top - End - #463
    Titan in the Playground

"Teoz -it's his name- will cast a few spells, probably some rituals that won't involve injuries of any kinds. He's a priest of the same Great Spirit Caillenam was of- you trusted him enough, didn't you?" Ghiso continued "Although that wasn't the best way to be woken up, I'll admit. But you'll feel better then before, I'm sure of it"

14. - Top - End - #464
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

"But there's nothing wrong with me!" Zarron looks somewhat indignant.
    Now Playing

15. - Top - End - #465
    Titan in the Playground

"And how would you know that if you never check?" Ghiso asked "If I'm getting a cold but still feel fine, it doesn't mean that I'm good, it means that I don't know what I have yet"

16. - Top - End - #466
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

"What? Using that logic, there could be something wrong with you and your don't know it yet. But I'm the one all tied up!" Zarron complains.
    Now Playing

17. - Top - End - #467
    Titan in the Playground

"I can just be tied up when and if I get checked" Ghiso offered. He actually considered the idea of doing that as a show of good faith, but he might need his hands free.

18. - Top - End - #468
    Troll in the Playground

Show
    This could happen after she gets an answer from Teoz, because she'll be waiting for that

"For safety, whatever you need to bring will be appreciated," she responds to Rose, still standing meekly before her like an animal showing its belly, then follows Teoz and Ghiso.

19. - Top - End - #469
    Dwarf in the Playground

DruidGirl

Rose hurried back to her room, put on her armour, grabbed her halberd and did her best to catch up.

20. - Top - End - #470
    Ogre in the Playground

"Nothing to worry about young master Zarron. The manacles are to protect everyone from what that medallion might try to make you do to us. We'll have you free of the evil thing in a few hours."

---

To Taara "What do you wish to know Miss? Many seek guidance though few truly listen."

Show
    Teoz casts guidance on Taara, because he has a sense of humor, though it probably expires before she can do much with it.

---

Back at the temple of Matatabi Teoz brings Zarron to a ritual room and secures the manacles to the floor in the center of a large inscribed circle. Then talks to some other members of the temple about what will be needed.

Many cats sit around the edge staring at Zarron.
    "Time is an abstract concept created by carbon-based life-forms to monitor their ongoing decay." - Thunderclese

21. - Top - End - #471
    Troll in the Playground

"It is something private," Taara explains in a mutter, though understating the issue slightly. "I was impatient. Asked in the wrong situation. Selfish" she jabbed herself in the head "it can wait for later."

Upon going downstairs she almost tackled Lana in a tight hug. "I missed you while I was upstairs. I got anxious." she smiled
    Last edited by Gluteus_Maximus; 2020-12-19 at 02:28 AM.

22. - Top - End - #472
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Lying spread-eagled on the ground, with his limbs firmly bound, Zarron resigns himself to his fate and starts to make all kinds of meowing sounds at the cats to amused himself.

Performance: (1d20+5)[12]
    Now Playing

23. - Top - End - #473
    Titan in the Playground

Ghiso looked confused at Taara's exchange with Teoz but decided it was better left alone at the moment.

Deciding he was going to ignore the meowing bard, he turned to Lana "I should show you where the relic disappeared from, if you'll follow me" He told her before heading (if she followed) where he had been shown the empty pedestal.
    "It was an azurite carving of Matatabi- big like this" he showed the size with his hands.
    "I was thinking, since it's full of cats, that you could ask them who they saw if they did"

24. - Top - End - #474
    Titan in the Playground

"Aww..." Lana hugged Taara tight. "You're right, we're so used to being with each other all the time right now." She followed the others to the church and looked to the statue. She leaned down next to a cat and decided to start by introducing herself.
    Spoiler: Sylvan
    Show
    "Hi! I'm Lana! We're here to have a talk with you all, and you all seem wonderful! What are your names? And can I pet any of you? My sweetheart Taara would also like to pet some of you."
    Show

25. - Top - End - #475
    Troll in the Playground

Upon seeing the cats, Taara tiptoed to grab Brie from Ghiso's shoulder. But upon noticing the cute weasel was dead, sat down in the middle of a room and curled up in a ball looking at all the different cats around the area.
    Last edited by Gluteus_Maximus; 2020-12-19 at 02:11 PM.

26. - Top - End - #476
    Ogre in the Playground

Teoz tells Taara "Whenever you are ready."

---

Some of the cats sniff Lana's extended hand. Lana understands that they are trying to determine if she is food and whether she will taste like fish.

---

Several other cats investigate Taara and rub up against her.

---

Around Zarron a ritual begins in a language that he doesn't know.

27. - Top - End - #477
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

"Please be gentle. It's my first time, you know," Zarron quips as he closes his eyes and waits for the ritual to end.
    Now Playing

28. - Top - End - #478
    Titan in the Playground

"I am a friend! Not food! But I can get you fish!" Lana said in Sylvan to the cats, who understood her speech. Unless they secretly weren't beasts....
    Show

29. - Top - End - #479
    Dwarf in the Playground

DruidGirl

Rose looked around the temple delighted at the adorable cats but decided to stay standing since in order to sit down to interact with them she'd have to find somewhere to put her halberd and didn't want any cats accidentally injuring themselves on it.

She did however also maintain a careful eye on Zarron, just in case something went wrong.

Show
    I think she's heard his name at this point anyway?
    Last edited by Fay; 2020-12-20 at 12:13 PM.

30. - Top - End - #480
    Ogre in the Playground

The cats tell Lana that they want some fish.

---

A curious kitten decides to climb Rose like a tree.