New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 17 of 34 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415161718192021222324252627 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #481
    Dwarf in the Playground

DruidGirl

Default Re: [IC] The Cult of Brannulv

Rose let the cat rest on her free arm if it got that far while still keeping an eye on Zarron.

At this point she was also looking around the temple and trying to determine the rough layout of the place. Maybe try to figure out if there was a place (like a garden or somesuch) where a potential thief could have left some clues.
    Last edited by Fay; 2020-12-21 at 06:39 AM.

2. - Top - End - #482
    Titan in the Playground

Lana stands up. "I need some fish-based bribery," she tells the crew and reaches into her backpack to pull out her money that had been eaten by acid. "Um. Can someone come with me and buy some fish?"
    Spoiler: Check Out my Writing!
    Show

https://www.patreon.com/everskendra

I post short stories in the middle of every month, and if you want to follow my novels as they’re edited and written, you can join as a patron!

3. - Top - End - #483
    Titan in the Playground

"Sure" Ghiso nodded and stood "Shouldn't be hard to find a fishmonger, especially near the harbor- and I was given plenty of money for the trap" he stated "Did they ask for a specific species?"

4. - Top - End - #484
    Titan in the Playground

"Fish!" Lana said. "But I can turn into a cat and smell which ones are the best." She put her hands on Ghiso's shoulder and shrank until she became a white cat with shimmering blue eyes. She climbed onto Ghiso's shoulder and mewed helpfully.
    Show

I post short stories in the middle of every month, and if you want to follow my novels as they’re edited and written, you can join as a patron!

5. - Top - End - #485
    Troll in the Playground

Taara looked up from some cats she had caught and been giving belly rubs and kisses "Harbor? How close to the ocean would that be? I... Would like to have my first time seeing the ocean be with Lana at my side. i-if it's not too close, I want to come with Cat-Lana. I want to see the ocean with Lana-Lana."
    Quote Originally Posted by Requilac View Post
    Wow, i can’t believe it, WotC actually made the rules compatible for a situation in which an ape demon is leaping into the air to knock a vampire out of a Poylmorphed T-rex’s jaws who is flying 120 feet above the ground.
    Amazing Avatar by Smutmulch

6. - Top - End - #486
    Titan in the Playground

"The harbor would be almost on the water- depending on how it's built it could extend on the water for several meters" Ghiso explained "But it's not open sea, at least. Lanitfat could just turn back to genasi and turn back to cat afterwards if needed, right?" he looked at LanitCat on his shoulder.
    "Oh, uhm, just... Purr if yes and meow if no?"

7. - Top - End - #487
    Titan in the Playground

Lana meowed, she had already used her other Wild Shape as a wolf. I'll just smell the fish first.
    Show

8. - Top - End - #488
    Titan in the Playground

"Well... If the ocean shows up you can just close your eyes Taara" Ghiso decided. With that he started leading the way to the harbor.

9. - Top - End - #489
    Dwarf in the Playground

DruidGirl

Rose decided to stay at the temple to keep an eye on the ritual and keep investigating. So far she had found a lot of cute cats but no clues.
    Last edited by Fay; 2020-12-21 at 01:16 PM.

10. - Top - End - #490
    Troll in the Playground

Taara waved goodbye to Rose and Zarron and followed after Ghiso and Lana clutching her staff close
    Wow, i can’t believe it, WotC actually made the rules compatible for a situation in which an ape demon is leaping into the air to knock a vampire out of a Poylmorphed T-rex’s jaws who is flying 120 feet above the ground.

11. - Top - End - #491
    Titan in the Playground

Lana jumped off of Ghiso into Taara's arms, mewing and purring.
    Show

12. - Top - End - #492
    Titan in the Playground

"I really need to summon Breasel soon again" Ghiso sighed silently.

13. - Top - End - #493
    Troll in the Playground

"Ah!" Taara dropped her staff to catch Lana, stumbling a little as the cat goes into her arms. "C-careful!" she raised her voice a little, before paying respect to the fluffy adorable creature her lover had transformed into. She cradled the white cat in one arm so she could pick up her weapon, before following after Ghiso. "Um. Ghiso, would you please tell me if you see the ocean?"

14. - Top - End - #494
    Titan in the Playground

Lana purred and nuzzled up to Taara, coating her in white fur.
    Show

15. - Top - End - #495
    Ogre in the Playground

It takes about 20 minutes to get to the fish market from the temple. There are over a dozen stalls with a wide variety of sea life to choose from. There are plenty of inexpensive rockfish as well as
    herring, salmon, eel, whiting, plaice, cod, crab, oysters, mussels, cockles, and more. There is even a small whale being carved up.

If one were to walk out onto one of the nearby docks in the river they would be able to see the ocean.

---

The kitten does not stop at Rose's arm but continues up onto her shoulder where it finds a place to sit.

Looking around the temple she finds that it is not very secure. There are many openings in the perimeter wall and two back gates that are relatively close to apse where the relic was kept.
    "Time is an abstract concept created by carbon-based life-forms to monitor their ongoing decay." - Thunderclese

16. - Top - End - #496
    Dwarf in the Playground

DruidGirl

Rose carefully set the cat down on the ground and then walked around the outside areas of the temple looking for tracks, particularily in the areas between various exits but just in case gave most of the place a quick scan too.

(1d6+3)[7] (survival, proficiency)

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Oops, accidentally went d6 instead of d20. Made a d20 roll in the discord group, got a 2+3.
    Last edited by Fay; 2020-12-22 at 03:13 AM.

17. - Top - End - #497
    Troll in the Playground

Taara is saddened to see her first experience with the majority of these sea creatures was with them being carved up to be sold, cooked, and eaten. Perhaps she didn't know what a harbor was or what they were talking about they were going to be feeding to the cats. She closed her eyes to make sure she wouldn't see any of it, or the ocean and with her hand gave Cat-Lana some belly scratches.

18. - Top - End - #498
    Titan in the Playground

"If you pass the stalls and go where the docks and the ships are you'll see the ocean... So don't go there, yet" Ghiso instructed Taara before noticing she had closed her eyes. He sighed and put a hand on her shoulder calling it by saying "Don't hit me, I'm going to use your shoulder to guide you and make sure nobody gets bumped on"

Ghiso then turned to LanitCat.
    "Your cue. What would you rather eat at this moment?"

19. - Top - End - #499
    Titan in the Playground

Lana purred at Taara’s scritches, then newer toward the salmon, reaching toward it with her tiny cat arms. She seemed fairly insistent that she get some salmon.
    Show

20. - Top - End - #500
    Titan in the Playground

"I don't suppose you were told how much?" Ghiso asked before approaching the stall (pulling Taara along gently) with the salmon looking for whoever was the seller.

"Hello- the cat asked for the salmon, and we'd like to know how much do they come for" he addressed them smiling.

21. - Top - End - #501
    Troll in the Playground

When Ghiso puts his hand on Taara's shoulder, she responds "O-of course. I do not want to hit you ever, anyway," she keeps her eyes completely shut while sniffing around and silently mourning the fish.

"Enough to feed most of them," she suggested in a quiet voice while petting Cat-Lana.

22. - Top - End - #502
    Ogre in the Playground

The fishmonger selects a nice salmon for you to inspect. It is a 30 pound (14 kg) fish, one of the smaller salmon available, 1 gold.

---

The front entrance of the temple is cobblestone, no tracks left there. The openings on the sides and around back have many tracks, too many to easily discern if anything suspicious.
    "Time is an abstract concept created by carbon-based life-forms to monitor their ongoing decay." - Thunderclese

23. - Top - End - #503
    Titan in the Playground

Lana sniffed and mewed insistently that she have that fish.
    Last edited by Xihirli; 2020-12-22 at 11:43 PM.
    Show

24. - Top - End - #504
    Titan in the Playground

"We'll take ten of them" Ghiso stated handing over a platinum coin "I certainly hope more then 100 kgs of fish is enough to satiate all the cats at the temple" also if Lana kept mewing like that his patience was going to be tested severily.
    Seeing how that was a lot of weight and how Taara and Lana wanted to go enjoy the ocean Ghiso decided to use the Handy Haversack.
    "Lanitfat, if you could go back to genasi- I'd like to borrow your backpack"

25. - Top - End - #505
    Titan in the Playground

Lana looked at the fish. She was getting real hungry... but she hopped off of Taara and transformed back into herself. "Here you go." She passed it over.
    Show

26. - Top - End - #506
    Ogre in the Playground

"10, planning a feast are we?"

The fishmonger looks a little disturbed by Lana's shapeshifting. Probably sailor's superstition.

27. - Top - End - #507
    Titan in the Playground

"Oh. Um.... yar, I be a cat. Batten down the hatches!" Lana said in her most convincing cat accent. She looped an arm around Taara's. "Look at the sea with me, sweetheart?"
    Show

28. - Top - End - #508
    Troll in the Playground

Taara kept her eyes shut all the way until she felt Lana's arm hold her. "A-ah, yes! I would like that very much. Um, sweetheart." she replied, blushing and with her free hand waving bye to Ghiso.

29. - Top - End - #509
    Titan in the Playground

Lana led Taara up to a spot with a nice view of the waves. "Okay. Open your eyes."
    Show

30. - Top - End - #510
    Troll in the Playground

Taara did so, slowly winking her eyes open. A horizon that you couldn't see an end of, no mountains looming over you and blocking paths, and closer to the eye, waves lapping at the edge with foam that made it look like clouds. Taara didn't really know what to think about it, so she smiled wide before turning to Lana. "It's so blue," Taara beamed. "Like you." she ran a hand through Lana's hair.
    Last edited by Gluteus_Maximus; 2020-12-24 at 01:53 AM.