New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 18 of 34 FirstFirst ... 8910111213141516171819202122232425262728 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #511
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: [IC] The Cult of Brannulv

"That is accurate. They are to feed the cat at the temple of Matatabi" Ghiso nodded "Must be a feast to them" he started filling the backpack with the bought fish, careful to not overload the pockets since none of them could take the whole amount by itself.

2. - Top - End - #512
    Ogre in the Playground

From out on the dock you can see that there are several islands in the bay providing some natural breakwaters to protect the ships from storms when they are at anchor.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Zergrinch, if you want you can have your temp character can bump into Rose while she is looking around the temple for clues.
    "Time is an abstract concept created by carbon-based life-forms to monitor their ongoing decay." - Thunderclese

3. - Top - End - #513
    Titan in the Playground

Seeing how neither Lanitfat nor Taara were coming back Ghiso shrugged and went back to the temple to feed the cats. He just hoped they wouldn't be hungry again by the time they came back.

4. - Top - End - #514
    Titan in the Playground

Lana gave Taara a gentle kiss, but Ghiso couldn’t talk to cats so she ran after him.
    Spoiler: Check Out my Writing!
    Show

https://www.patreon.com/everskendra

I post short stories in the middle of every month, and if you want to follow my novels as they’re edited and written, you can join as a patron!

5. - Top - End - #515
    Troll in the Playground

Taara giggled and sat at the end of the dock for a while before following about 10 minutes later.
    Quote Originally Posted by Requilac View Post
    Wow, i can’t believe it, WotC actually made the rules compatible for a situation in which an ape demon is leaping into the air to knock a vampire out of a Poylmorphed T-rex’s jaws who is flying 120 feet above the ground.
    Amazing Avatar by Smutmulch

6. - Top - End - #516
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Fay View Post
    Rose carefully set the cat down on the ground and then walked around the outside areas of the temple looking for tracks, particularily in the areas between various exits but just in case gave most of the place a quick scan too.
    The dark shadow watches the armored human as she walks around the temple -- certainly an extremely suspicious activity considering the recent theft of the relic. How brazen of her to act this way, to methodically look around the temple grounds for points of ingress and egress. She is surely up to no good.

But Zanza is patient, and continues to creep up on her unsuspecting quarry. She will be confronted in due time, but not here. Not now. There will be a right place. A right time.
    Last edited by Zergrinch; 2020-12-26 at 07:10 AM.
    Now Playing

Zarron Gemblossom (Half-Elf Bard): IC | OOC
    Zuu Greenbrook (Half-Elf Warlock 7): IC | OOC

7. - Top - End - #517
    Dwarf in the Playground

DruidGirl

Seeing no other ways to help out for now, Rose went back inside to the ritual room and sat down on a bench to wait for her companions to return.

Spoiler: If no bench
    Show
    If there's not bench or other viable place to sit, Rose will stand around instead.
    Last edited by Fay; 2020-12-26 at 05:27 PM.

8. - Top - End - #518
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

This was a most intriguing subject. Perhaps Zanza was wrong all along. While thieves do case the joint they plan to hit, they simply do not go into ritual chambers and just... stand around looking extremely conspicuous.

The goblin rogue follows the human into the chamber, and announces her presence by clearing her throat.

"I haven't seen you around before, and you don't look like a devotee of Matatabi. What is your business here?"
    Now Playing

9. - Top - End - #519
    Dwarf in the Playground

DruidGirl

Rose quickly turned around to look at the source of the unexpected voice, then breathed out and replied.

"You are correct. Me and a few others are trying to investigate the theft of an important object from the temple."

She paused, then pointed to Zarron over in the ritual area.

"Oh and although I don't personally know him, he's a friend of theirs. I think. I only met them recently. They're trying to remove some curse from him...or some object he has. I was personally more focused on the investigation, sorry.
    Last edited by Fay; 2020-12-28 at 02:54 PM.

10. - Top - End - #520
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Rose quickly turned around to look at the source of the unexpected voice, then breathed out and replied.

"You are correct. Me and a few others are trying to investigate the theft of an important object from the temple."
    Zanza wasn't told that others have been assigned to the investigation. But then again it wouldn't be surprising given her lack of results. Nobody thought someone would pull off such a brazen theft on such a visible artifact. It would be extremely difficult to dispose of.

"I was officially assigned to the investigation, but nobody told me of your involvement. Who are you working with?"

"Oh and although I don't personally know him, he's a friend of theirs. I think. I only met them recently. They're trying to remove some curse from him...or some object he has. I was personally more focused on the investigation, sorry.
    Giving the half-elf a once over, she comments, "Awfully young to be cursed. Was nobody supervising the child?"
    Now Playing

11. - Top - End - #521
    Ogre in the Playground

Ghiso, Taara, and Lana return to the temple with a whole lot of fish.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    What do you do with the fish? Toss them onto the ground whole? Cook them and hand out little bite sized morsels?
    "Time is an abstract concept created by carbon-based life-forms to monitor their ongoing decay." - Thunderclese

12. - Top - End - #522
    Titan in the Playground

Lana took a fish out of her haversack and knelt down next to a cat.
    Spoiler: Sylvan/Beasts
    Show
    "I got you a fish."
    She laid down some salmon.
    Spoiler: Sylvan/Beasts
    Show
    "Can you tell me what happened here?"

She looked up at Ghiso. "Sorry, I forgot what specifically I was asking about."
    Show

I post short stories in the middle of every month, and if you want to follow my novels as they’re edited and written, you can join as a patron!

13. - Top - End - #523
    Titan in the Playground

"About the carving. If they saw someone take the statuette from here, where they went, what they were like, etcetera" Ghiso explained "Also I don't think it's safe to give it to them with all the bones in it- they could swallow one and choke because it lodges in their throat. Fishes have especially spiky small bones" he cautioned her before finding a priest to ask "Sorry, I wanted to ask- do you usually cook the fish you give to the cats? If so, is there a kitchen we can borrow? We wouldn't want to make a mess of everything"

14. - Top - End - #524
    Titan in the Playground

Lana handed the fish back with a pout. "Fiiiiine."
    Show

15. - Top - End - #525
    Titan in the Playground

"That's dangerous for people too, also" Ghiso added, taking the fish back. He had the slight feeling that it wasn't common knowledge- Zarron was probably fine but Taara likely never ate fish and Lana...

"What were lunches and dinners like at your home, Lanitfat?"

16. - Top - End - #526
    Dwarf in the Playground

DruidGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Zergrinch View Post
    Zanza wasn't told that others have been assigned to the investigation. But then again it wouldn't be surprising given her lack of results. Nobody thought someone would pull off such a brazen theft on such a visible artifact. It would be extremely difficult to dispose of.

"I was officially assigned to the investigation, but nobody told me of your involvement. Who are you working with?"
    Rose was about to respond when Lanitfat and Ghiso entered the room.

"I don't know the details, but I think we very recently agreed to help. Oh and those two are two of the three people I'm working with. I believe the third should be showing up soon."

Quote Originally Posted by Zergrinch View Post
    Giving the half-elf a once over, she comments, "Awfully young to be cursed. Was nobody supervising the child?"
    Rose looked towards Zarron and let out a sad sigh.

"I don't know. I haven't been working with these people for very long. I hope they're able to help him, he doesn't deserve a cursed life."

17. - Top - End - #527
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Valmark View Post
    "That's dangerous for people too, also" Ghiso added, taking the fish back. He had the slight feeling that it wasn't common knowledge- Zarron was probably fine but Taara likely never ate fish and Lana...

"What were lunches and dinners like at your home, Lanitfat?"

“Awful,”
    Lana said simply.
    “We didn’t have things like ‘cooking’ and ‘fire.’”
    Show

18. - Top - End - #528
    Troll in the Playground

Taara ran through the town to catch up, arriving riiiight abouuuut... now.

She silently slides in to stand next to Lana, holding her staff tight against her chest in her pretty green dress. She avoided looking at the fish, instead averting her gaze to the kitties in the temple.
    Wow, i can’t believe it, WotC actually made the rules compatible for a situation in which an ape demon is leaping into the air to knock a vampire out of a Poylmorphed T-rex’s jaws who is flying 120 feet above the ground.

19. - Top - End - #529
    Ogre in the Playground

After asking about a kitchen at the temple you are shown to a dining hall that seats 40-50 with an appropriately sized kitchen. The staff, a mixture of catfolk, humans, and elves, are finishing cleaning up after lunch and have begun prep for dinner.

One of them says "Sorry, lunch is over, it will be a few hours until dinner is ready."

20. - Top - End - #530
    Titan in the Playground

"We need to cook for some cats," Lana explained. "So they'll tell us what happened last night."
    Show

21. - Top - End - #531
    Titan in the Playground

"More like three days ago" Ghiso noted, trying to remember when exactly the carving disappeared "But yes, we have ten salmons we shouldn't serve raw to the cats if you could help us or at least lend us the use of the kitchen"
    Last edited by Valmark; 2020-12-30 at 08:00 PM.

22. - Top - End - #532
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Zanza couldn't help but listen to the entire conversation. It sounds rather ludicrous to expect cats to be able to give any kind of meaningful information. But having exhausted most of her conventional means, she was willing to try the most outlandish of means to get results.

"I might regret this," she speaks to the staff, "but at this point I'm willing to try anything. I'll authorize this."

Turning to the motley crew, the goblin extends a hand. "The name's Zanza. I'm a retainer to the temple and am investigating this theft. You say you can talk to these cats?"
    Now Playing

23. - Top - End - #533
    Titan in the Playground

Ghiso seemed to only notice the goblin now, craning his neck to look down.
    "Pleasure to meet you, Zanza. Name's Ghiso Durant" he extended his hand to shake hers "I apologize, I didn't see you there. And yes, the blue girl does that- she's a druid" Ghiso explained "Of the sort that conjures spirits and talks to animals easily"

24. - Top - End - #534
    Troll in the Playground

Taara kind of stared at Zanza from behind Ghiso. "H... Hello"

25. - Top - End - #535
    Titan in the Playground

"And she's Taara" Ghiso offered then "She's shy with str... With some strangers, apparently"
    Last edited by Valmark; 2020-12-30 at 03:12 AM.

26. - Top - End - #536
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

"Ghiso Durant huh? You know a guy named Kevin? And Taara, okay, so you're a little shy, huh? That I can work with, but you don't have anything to be shy about, honey. How about you, Blue girl?"
    Last edited by Zergrinch; 2020-12-30 at 05:43 AM.

27. - Top - End - #537
    Titan in the Playground

"I don't think I know a Kevin...? Why?" Ghiso looked confused and didn't introduce Lanitfat. She would hate him if he robbed her of the chance of presenting herself to a new 'friend'.

28. - Top - End - #538
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

"Huh, I kind of thought you might be related, but never mind. Blue girl, what's your name?" Zanza hides the small pang of disappointment that she would not be able to secure an autograph of her favorite athlete.
    Now Playing

29. - Top - End - #539
    Titan in the Playground

Lana waved. "Hi, I'm Lana!" she said brightly. "It's nice to meet you! Will you join us on this coming mystery adventure?"
    Show

30. - Top - End - #540
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Zanza blinks. That was unexpectedly cheery, and she was THE investigator. This was her gig and she feels oddly protective of it. She wasn't joining them; they were joining HER. But Zanza is a professional goblin, that she is. And she ran out of leads anyway. If coddling people who can coax information out of cats was the only way to proceed then by gum she was going to swallow her pride and go with it.

"Looks like it, Lana!" she replies just as brightly. "Let's get started right away! What did the cats see on the night of the theft?"
    Now Playing