New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 34 FirstFirst 12345678910111227 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: [IC] The Cult of Brannulv

Ghiso whistled, looking at the vials.
    "Some of these are magical- which probably means we shouldn't drink them until we know what they do. Or throw them too close. There is something else though" he pointed with his sword at the magic that was coming from the bartizan behind them "Something powerful is there. Can't say more, not with walls in the middle. Anyway, should be safe to pick up the potions since I don't think a spellcaster would trap the table where they work"

2. - Top - End - #32
    Ogre in the Playground

Lana finds the wall to be very wall like in nature.

Zarron finds no signs of oozes on this floor.

Taara does not find anything of note.

Through the door the room is much the same, a counter along the outer wall and some more dusty laboratory equipment and supplies.
    "Time is an abstract concept created by carbon-based life-forms to monitor their ongoing decay." - Thunderclese

3. - Top - End - #33
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Without actually touching them with his own hands, Zarron tries to mentally take inventory as to how many potions and vials there are, and how many empty supplies are available for the taking.
    Now Playing

Zarron Gemblossom (Half-Elf Bard): IC | OOC
    Zuu Greenbrook (Half-Elf Warlock 7): IC | OOC

4. - Top - End - #34
    Titan in the Playground

"Ooh! Ooh!" Lana said, and when Ghiso pointed out that the desk probably wasn't trapped, she searched the table with potions and stuff for components to start filling in a new component pouch. She did not avoid touching them with her own hands.
    Spoiler: Check Out my Writing!
    Show

https://www.patreon.com/everskendra

I post short stories in the middle of every month, and if you want to follow my novels as they’re edited and written, you can join as a patron!

5. - Top - End - #35
    Troll in the Playground

"Um, Lana," Taara tapped Lana's shoulder, and her hand wandered to feel her new clothes- a bit fancier than anything else Taara had seen before, perhaps other than the highest of the dragonborn priests who worshiped Grohtgeit and the Metallic Dragons.

"I had something to ask you. A few nights ago, when we faced that ice golem, I kissed you and that helped me get my special arms out. I realize I did not ask you if I could and so... um... sorry... er, sorry. That was unrelated. I mean, I feel uneasy about this place now that we were separated once... Make sure to stay close to me, okay? Even if Ghiso or Zarron have been locked behind a door first. Can you do that?" she looked at her girlfriend and waited for her smile and affirmation.
    Quote Originally Posted by Requilac View Post
    Wow, i can’t believe it, WotC actually made the rules compatible for a situation in which an ape demon is leaping into the air to knock a vampire out of a Poylmorphed T-rex’s jaws who is flying 120 feet above the ground.
    Amazing Avatar by Smutmulch

6. - Top - End - #36
    Ogre in the Playground

Searching the counters you find 12 full vials, 8 empty vials, 5 empty jars, 7 empty bottles, a small bag of incense, items needed to assemble a component pouch, and everything needed to make an herbalism kit and an alchemist's kit except for a container to put the compounds in for transport.

One of the vials appears to be a potion of healing.

The vial with a conjuration aura is filled with a dark grey smoky fluid, it is hard to tell if it is a liquid or a gas.

There is a vial with a transmutation aura with the contents separated into brown, silver, and gray layers resembling bands of stone. Shaking the bottle fails to mix the colors.

Another vial with a transmutation aura contains a slimy green fluid that smells like tar.

The vial with abjuration aura has a yellow liquid that glimmers when agitated.

The vial with evocation aura has a blue liquid that glimmers when agitated.

There are six other vials, the contents are constantly changing, shifting color and texture. They do not have a distinct aura.
    "Time is an abstract concept created by carbon-based life-forms to monitor their ongoing decay." - Thunderclese

7. - Top - End - #37
    Titan in the Playground

"It was nice!" Lana said, smiling. She looked over all the stuff, then the bottles. "Okay! If you think that's safer." She started putting the materials of an herbalism kit and component pouch into the empty vials and bottles. "Does anyone have a spare pack or sack?"
    Show

I post short stories in the middle of every month, and if you want to follow my novels as they’re edited and written, you can join as a patron!

8. - Top - End - #38
    Titan in the Playground

Ghiso looked confused.
    "Not to rub salt in the wound... But isn't your pack now conviniently empty and ready to be filled?" he asked.

9. - Top - End - #39
    Titan in the Playground

Lana looked at Ghiso, then over her shoulder. "Oh! Right! I could have sworn it was dissolved in acid!" She started loading up her pack with the improvised component pouch and herbalism kit, but kept some seeds and feldspar in hand.
    Show

10. - Top - End - #40
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

"I think we had four packs and a couple of sacks in that cart we left outside," Zarron chimes in. He waits for Lana to take her first pick before he starts to plunder:
    1. Small bag of incense
    2. 2 empty jars
    3. 2 empty bottles
    4. 3 empty vials
    5. A vial with contents that constantly change color and texture
    6. And if there are sufficient materials left over, another component pouch.
    Last edited by Zergrinch; 2020-10-13 at 10:11 AM.
    Now Playing

11. - Top - End - #41
    Troll in the Playground

Taara stared at the constantly shifting potions and felt her pack before remembering something.

"The lighting here would definitely cause the poison-light-moss-stuff to do its thing, and that is still in my pack," she explained, gradually trailing off as she hears Lana say that she has one. Some how she did not notice Lana's pack. Maybe she was distracted by something else. "Aaanyway, we can use those jars to hold it, we can coat the outside with something, that would be useful for holding that stuff."
    Wow, i can’t believe it, WotC actually made the rules compatible for a situation in which an ape demon is leaping into the air to knock a vampire out of a Poylmorphed T-rex’s jaws who is flying 120 feet above the ground.

12. - Top - End - #42
    Titan in the Playground

Lana took one jar and filled it with components, then looked at Taara. "Can I use some of your rope to tie this jar to my pack?" she asked, stuffing herbal stuff in her pack. The softer stuff went on the bottom, with mortar and pestle on top. She nodded. "This will work perfectly."
    Show

13. - Top - End - #43
    Ogre in the Playground

As Zarron picks up the everchanging vial it stabilizes into a transparent liquid of golden-green color and there appears to be an olive floating in it. If you take out the stopper it smells like a mixed drink with notes of citrus.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Zarron can get all of those things. How does he prepare the glassware for transport? The jars are 1 quart [1 liter], the bottles half that.

14. - Top - End - #44
    Titan in the Playground

"...Lanitfat, could you please put the heavier stuff under the softer?" Ghiso said observing her work "Otherwise the softer stuff will turn to mush under the weight and movements you'll inevitably make"

15. - Top - End - #45
    Titan in the Playground

Lana reorganized with Ghiso's guidance. "Right! I keep forgetting how heavy everything is, here!" she said chipperly.
    Show

16. - Top - End - #46
    Ogre in the Playground

When Zarron places the everchanging vial in his pack it resumes shifting color and texture.

17. - Top - End - #47
    Troll in the Playground

"Unfortunately my rope is also in my pack and opening it would also cause the poison to come out," Taara lamented, and scratched her head. "In hindsight it might have been a bad idea to put it in my pack when it activated in light."

She looked around the room and spoke with a hint of sarcasm, which was kind of unusual for her."Well, this looks like the good-things-that-do-not-hurt-us Lana predicted would be here."

18. - Top - End - #48
    Titan in the Playground

"I have a way of telling about these things," Lana said, carrying the jar for now. "What next?" She glanced around for exits.
    Show

19. - Top - End - #49
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

"Huh, neat," Zarron murmers as the potion resumes its rainbow color. Louder, and in response to Lana's query, he adds, "I guess we see this through to the end."
    Now Playing

20. - Top - End - #50
    Titan in the Playground

"Only one way, I guess" Ghiso pointed at the door and figured he would be the one to go open it.

21. - Top - End - #51
    Ogre in the Playground

You open the door leading to the bartizan. It is a small cylindrical room that is mostly windows. It would offer a great view of the valley, if it was not for the thick fog that is still below the cave entrance.
    In the center of the room you see a sphere about 10 inches [25 cm] in diameter resting on a pedestal. It is transparent and halfway full of something, it is hard to tell from your current position.

With detect magic you can see that the sphere has a very powerful conjuration aura.

While moving around on this floor detect magic reveals that there are some more sources of magic on the floor above you.
    Last edited by Izzarra; 2020-10-16 at 11:58 PM.

22. - Top - End - #52
    Titan in the Playground

"Wow guys, I think we've found everything!" Lana said happily.
    Show

23. - Top - End - #53
    Titan in the Playground

"Another room up above. Or roof. More magic. And the sphere is very magical" Ghiso raised his shield standing by Zarron "Can you try poking with your pole? without knocking it over? Just to see if we can touch it without exploding?" he was fairly sure a pole and a living hand were different things, but he also doubted it exploded in the first place.

Spoiler: Ooc
    Show
    10 on Arcana to know what it does? Or at least a better idea then what we are seeing.
    Last edited by Valmark; 2020-10-17 at 05:37 AM.

24. - Top - End - #54
    Ogre in the Playground

From his current position of about 18 feet [5.5 meters] away from the sphere Ghiso is unable to ascertain any specific purpose of the sphere.

25. - Top - End - #55
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

After tapping the floor with the pole to ensure he isn't stepping on any traps, Zarron takes a deep breath and approaches the sphere. With baited breath, he pokes it with the six foot pole very gently.
    Last edited by Zergrinch; 2020-10-18 at 01:30 AM.

26. - Top - End - #56
    Ogre in the Playground

While probing around Zarron narrowly avoids triggering a pressure plate.

He taps the sphere with the pole and it goes *tink* it sounds like glass, it does not appear to react to being poked with a stick. It looks like it is half full of smoke or fog.

Meanwhile in another room on the floor a large white and blue spider seemingly appears out of nowhere hanging from the ceiling and sinks its fangs into Lana's shoulder.

Show
    Lana takes 11 Piercing damage. DC 11 Constitution save. 21 poison damage on a failed save half on a success.

27. - Top - End - #57
    Titan in the Playground

"Ah!" Lana said helpfully, panicking. "I'm your friend!" she insisted to the spider in Sylvan. "We don't want to hurt you!"

Show
    Cue Taara punching the spider to death
    Show

28. - Top - End - #58
    Troll in the Playground

Taara wheels around and screams at the spider before using her momentum to strike it with her quarterstaff then kick it twice.

Spoiler: Rolls
    Show
    Quarterstaff: (1d20+5)[15] hit: (1d8+3)[5]
    Unarmed Strike 1: (1d20+5)[23] hit: (1d4+3)[4]
    Unarmed Strike 2: (1d20+5)[7] hit: (1d4+3)[6]

29. - Top - End - #59
    Titan in the Playground

"Mh?" Ghiso turned around at the commotion and spotted the spider who really didn't look like a friend- he took Taara's lead as a cue that they should smash the spider and assaulted it with his sword.

Spoiler: Ooc
    Show
    Let's see... Action Surge and Attack Attack I suspect.

(1d20+5)[13](1d8+5)[9]

(1d20+5)[22](1d8+5)[13]

30. - Top - End - #60
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

A flurry of movement at the corner of his eye catches the boy's attention. He reacts quickly, whipping out his light crossbow and taking a snap shot at the monstrosity that's perched on Lana's shoulder.

"A phase spider! It can move around in the ethereal plane! Don't let it get away!"

== OOC ==
    CROSSBOW.
    (1d20+5)[21].
    (1d8+3)[7] piercing.
    On a crit: (1d8)[8]
    Now Playing