New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 34 FirstFirst 1234567891011121328 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [IC] The Cult of Brannulv

The spider falls off the wall dead, crushing the counter that is under it sending broken glass flying through the air in all directions.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Everyone make a DC 12 dexterity save or take 1 slashing damage from flying glass. The ground is now covered in broken glass. If you are barefoot make a DC 10 acrobatics every time you move in this room to avoid 1 damage from the glass on the floor.
    Last edited by Izzarra; 2020-10-19 at 12:30 AM.
    "Time is an abstract concept created by carbon-based life-forms to monitor their ongoing decay." - Thunderclese

2. - Top - End - #62
    Titan in the Playground

Lana backed up, holding up her arm. "Ah!" she said as glass cut her. Then she looked at the spood, her eyes wide. "Oh..." she clutched her chest. "Why does every animal we meet die?"
    Spoiler: Check Out my Writing!
    Show

https://www.patreon.com/everskendra

I post short stories in the middle of every month, and if you want to follow my novels as they’re edited and written, you can join as a patron!

3. - Top - End - #63
    Titan in the Playground

"Weren't there spiders or whatever they were we didn't fight in the caves that didn't die?" Ghiso asked "Also, Zarron called it a phase spider. I don't think those are animals"

Spoiler: Ooc
    Show
    Dex save! (1d20-1)[19]

4. - Top - End - #64
    Troll in the Playground

"Ow, ow," Taara complained after making contact with the ground once again, before setting herself up on one of the counters that didn't have glass on it and dangling her feet, letting them kick and fall back down. She winced a little bit when she kicked with them, but she didn't regret not wearing shoes; it's easier to move this way anyway. She was glad the glass did not cut her dress again, anyway. Without Cailenam there was no one who could mend it. She could patch it, or just get new clothes, but she likes this dress.

She focused on Lana again now that she was settled. She frowned a little bit; "Every animal we meet seems to decide to attack us, when that is... clearly a bad idea given our strength, but I suppose they do not know that... Or cannot understand that." she paused, then suddenly became urgent. "-AH! I'm so sorry Lana, did you get hurt? I was worried the spider was killing you, so I struck it back. Are you all right?"
    Quote Originally Posted by Requilac View Post
    Wow, i can’t believe it, WotC actually made the rules compatible for a situation in which an ape demon is leaping into the air to knock a vampire out of a Poylmorphed T-rex’s jaws who is flying 120 feet above the ground.
    Amazing Avatar by Smutmulch

5. - Top - End - #65
    Ogre in the Playground

Show
    So, there is/are:
    - several potions that have not been taken, they were not crushed by the spider.
    - a large spider corpse.
    - a magical sphere on a pedestal in the bartizan.
    - and a party that probably needs to take a long rest soon.
    "Time is an abstract concept created by carbon-based life-forms to monitor their ongoing decay." - Thunderclese

6. - Top - End - #66
    Titan in the Playground

"Hm? Oh, I'm alright," Lana said, though this was maybe the worst day of her life. She looked at Taara's feet and gasped. "You got glass in your feet!" she said like someone who hadn't just been pumped full of poison. She ran over and started picking glass out of Taara's soles.
    Show

I post short stories in the middle of every month, and if you want to follow my novels as they’re edited and written, you can join as a patron!

7. - Top - End - #67
    Troll in the Playground

"Ow, ow," Taara whinged as Lana pulled the shards out of her feet. "I'm glad you're alright," she managed. "Let's gather up all this stuff and... You sure you can sleep that bite off?"
    Wow, i can’t believe it, WotC actually made the rules compatible for a situation in which an ape demon is leaping into the air to knock a vampire out of a Poylmorphed T-rex’s jaws who is flying 120 feet above the ground.

8. - Top - End - #68
    Titan in the Playground

"If I have help," Lana answered with a smile up at Taara, getting the last of it out.
    Show

9. - Top - End - #69
    Troll in the Playground

Taara blushed a bit and wrapped her arms around her quarterstaff. She looked to Ghiso and Zarron. "Um. This might be selfish but could you help sweep up this glass for me, please? Or if you have shoes. That works too"

10. - Top - End - #70
    Titan in the Playground

"I could turn into a horse and you can ride on me," Lana suggested. "Over the glass."
    Show

11. - Top - End - #71
    Titan in the Playground

"We could always do both so no glass can get into either of Taara's feet or Lanitfat's hooves" Ghiso said, and started swishing the glass aside with his boots, lacking a better item.

12. - Top - End - #72
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Zarron slices off a spider leg and uses it as a makeshift broom.
    Now Playing

Zarron Gemblossom (Half-Elf Bard): IC | OOC
    Zuu Greenbrook (Half-Elf Warlock 7): IC | OOC

13. - Top - End - #73
    Ogre in the Playground

The spider's leg does not have enough hair to effectively perform any sweeping but Zarron manages to scrape a path out of the room that is free of glass.

14. - Top - End - #74
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Zarron looks around at his comrades, with Lana having taken the worst punishment of them all.

"You know, maybe we should rest. Let's take back what we can to the cave and come back tomorrow. There's that potion of healing over there, that rune by the staircase, and the enchantment downstairs that heats and freezes food."
    Now Playing

15. - Top - End - #75
    Troll in the Playground

Taara hesitates, but carefully steps down onto the floor where there is a path through the glass now. She listened to Zarron, regarding his words emotionlessly. "I am not exhausted, but I will rest if Lana wants to rest" she grabbed the healing potion- since she would be near Lana as much as possible, she would be best for carrying it to wake her up in a high pressure situation. "What was in that room you two went to? Anything?"

16. - Top - End - #76
    Titan in the Playground

"My body is full of poison," Lana said. "I'd really like to sleep that off."
    Show

17. - Top - End - #77
    Titan in the Playground

"A sphere filled of... Something. At least partially. Resting on a pedestal. It's magical and should be creating something, but until further inspection that's all we know" Ghiso said "We should leave it for tomorrow. And get away. Wary of the rune everybody, it could have reactivated"

18. - Top - End - #78
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

"There's also a trap plate on that floor in that room. I'm going to try to set it off it tomorrow."
    Now Playing

19. - Top - End - #79
    Titan in the Playground

Lana didn't see why they couldn't rest in the potion room where she could try and make a spare healing potion, but decided not to mention it. After all, there was a bed she and Taara could split if they went back to the creepy cult cave.
    With that happy thought, she lifted her shield and brought up the rear of the group.
    Show

20. - Top - End - #80
    Troll in the Playground

Taara followed with Lana. She leaned over to her, placing her weight on her staff so as to not exacerbate the wounds on her feet. "About that thing you said about you turning into a horse... How does that work, exactly? How long can you do it? Is, um, riding the same as riding a horse that's a horse all the time? What happens if it wears off while I'm still riding? Can you choose every detail of what the horse looks like or is like? What happens to your clothes? Can you turn into anything else that's big enough to ride?" the questions poured out as she followed along, one after another, incongruously, but genuinely curious. "Um, I have actually never ridden a horse before. But I have seen it done. And the boy who brought the message of the plague rode a horse; the rest of the group stopped to burn it while I walked ahead and hitched a ride with a nice old man who told a lot of stories... Um, unrelated. I would enjoy riding horse-you. It sounds fun!"

21. - Top - End - #81
    Titan in the Playground

"I can be a land horse for an hour," Lana answered. "And sure! The horse is big enough to carry you, it might be the same! I've never ridden a horse either, but I think I turn into an identical animal to the ones I've seen." Lana held Taara's free hand. "Just let me know and you can ride me whenever."

Show
    I know. I know. I know. But Lana can turn into things other than a horse and so wouldn't feel a need to specify "horse-me."
    Show

22. - Top - End - #82
    Troll in the Playground

Taara blushed and immediately put her other hand to her face. Her staff clattered to the floor and she lost her balance for a moment, immediately slipping sideways. "Ah!" she shouted out, and she started to fall towards the wall.

23. - Top - End - #83
    Titan in the Playground

Lana grabbed onto Taara. "Hey!" she said, holding her close. "I didn't know you were having so much trouble walking. Here – I'll turn into a horse now." Lana bent her shape into a draft horse, swithing her tail about and whinnying to convey to Taara that she should climb on and ride bareback.
    Show

24. - Top - End - #84
    Troll in the Playground

Taara stopped falling, and blushed a bit more as she listened to Lana talking. "Ah... No, I..." she began, wanting to explain that she only momentarily lost her balance because of a silly mistake, but she perished the thought. Lana was offering. She watched her transform, picked up her staff, and climbed on. It took a few tries and coming at it from different angles and positions; she slipped off twice, and was left uncomfortably splayed over Lana's back once. Finally, she made it on, astride Lana's back with her staff safely placed between her pack and her own back. Pressing against her from all sides, she held Lana's neck and felt the horse's mane with her face.
    Last edited by Gluteus_Maximus; 2020-10-22 at 05:42 PM.

25. - Top - End - #85
    Titan in the Playground

Lana nickered and moved with a bit of extra pep in her step, but wanted to keep steady so Taara could hold on. The snow felt weird with hooves. It's good to be a land horse... la la la la la. It's good to be a land horse... on the laaaaaand, she sang in her head.
    Show

26. - Top - End - #86
    Ogre in the Playground

You return to the cave to get some rest.
    Show
    It is midafternoon, there are a few hours of downtime does anybody want to do anything or just jump to the next day?

27. - Top - End - #87
    Titan in the Playground

Ghiso tried wielding Blulama (name he gave to the sword) while wearing the gloves Cailenam made for him.

28. - Top - End - #88
    Titan in the Playground

Lana spent the afternoon with Taara before going to sleep.
    Show

29. - Top - End - #89
    Troll in the Playground

Taara spent the afternoon with Lana. After trancing and dreaming of their time together, she awoke, and once it was dark she put the poison moss in a jar and closed it tightly. She dug through the things she had left in there with it; a map to the valley, two shortswords, her rope and other equipment. It had been such a silly idea to put the moss in there with it all. But at least now she has a lamp during the night- and a deadly poison during the day! Yay. Anyway, she goes back to sleep.

30. - Top - End - #90
    Ogre in the Playground

With the gloves Ghiso is able to hold the sword for a little while before the cold begins to seep through.

-----

Spoiler: Zarron
    Show
    As you sleep you feel a large presence in your dreams. You are alone in the darkness and from all around you hear a low rumbling sound. It is uncomfortably warm and something absolutely massive is moving around you slowly, very slowly. A pair of eyes open and gaze upon you. At first they do not appear to be terribly unusual but as they get closer you realize that each eye is almost as tall as you are and they glow the color of molten rock. As you try to get away they easily keep up. Right when they are almost upon you and you can feel the heat of breath upon you skin, you wake up and it is dawn.

-----

You make it through the night. In the morning the fog is still in the valley.

-----

Spoiler: DC 8 Survival
    Show
    This fog has been there for several days without dissipating. This very is unusual, fog normally burns off by midday.

Show
    The gloves let Ghiso hold the sword for 1d4+2 rounds, then they loose their effectiveness and you start taking 1 cold damage a turn until they are warmed up.

Does Taara out anything else in the jar with the moss. Food? Water?

Zarron needs to make a DC 5 wisdom save.
    Last edited by Izzarra; 2020-10-24 at 01:56 AM.