New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 34 FirstFirst 123456789101112131429 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Default Re: [IC] The Cult of Brannulv

Zarron wakes up, sweating profusely from the nightmare he just had. Although he still felt somewhat refreshed, it gave him quite a throbbing headache. Not really accustomed to having such terrifying nightmares as he just experienced, the bard wonders if this was related somehow to the cultist medallion he's nonchalantly placed around his neck a few days ago. Reasoning that it may not have been the best of ideas, Zarron moves to take it off his person and place it into the communal cart.
    Last edited by Zergrinch; 2020-10-24 at 03:20 AM.
    Now Playing

Zarron Gemblossom (Half-Elf Bard): IC | OOC
    Zuu Greenbrook (Half-Elf Warlock 7): IC | OOC

2. - Top - End - #92
    Ogre in the Playground

As Zarron tries to take off the pendant the world gets so very cold, dark, and lonely. It is like all of the heat and color is getting sucked out.

The pendent is warm and comforting, it is so very precious.

Spoiler: OOC Zarron
    Show
    The pendent cannot be taken off, and Zarron will try to fight anyone that tries to take it from him.
    "Time is an abstract concept created by carbon-based life-forms to monitor their ongoing decay." - Thunderclese

3. - Top - End - #93
    Troll in the Playground

Taara woke up from her sleep next to Lana in bed. She sat up and stretched, which released a lot more stress than usual, then looked down at her, huddled into the sheets and pillows there. She leaned down to give a kiss on her forehead, but stopped, not knowing if that was okay. Lana would know if that was okay.

Instead, she slowly made her way out from under the sheets, and over to where she had dropped her dress and put it on, buttoning it up in the back as she had done the opposite to it the night before. She took her brush, which was now decanted from the bag-that-used-to-be-foolishly-full-of-moss, and fixed her hair while she waited for Lana to awaken.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    How thick of fabric would it have to be if Taara wanted to find a sort of drawstring bag to put around the jar and tighten at the top to cover it during the daytime?
    Quote Originally Posted by Requilac View Post
    Wow, i can’t believe it, WotC actually made the rules compatible for a situation in which an ape demon is leaping into the air to knock a vampire out of a Poylmorphed T-rex’s jaws who is flying 120 feet above the ground.
    Amazing Avatar by Smutmulch

4. - Top - End - #94
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Zarron pauses mid-action as his eyes seem to glaze over. Yes, the medallion was comfort. It was safety. He should never take it off. Never.
    Now Playing

5. - Top - End - #95
    Titan in the Playground

Wheb Ghiso woke up, he stretched and made sure everybody was alright, still wary of that statue. He was costantly expecting to see it pop up- he could swear he saw it move. When it was evident no danger crept up on them he put on his armor, and lastily took the brazier and took the incense, herbs and charcoal (after making sure the others were alright with him taking the stuff) and sat down, lighting the brazier with the stuff up as he started his ritual.
    "I hope you won't mind if we wait... Uhm... A bit more then an hour? I need to do something" he told them before starting his chant.

Spoiler: Ooc
    Show
    Forgot to post. So- Find Familiar as a ritual. The familiar will be called... Actually I can name it afterwards once it comes out. But it'll be a weasel! A light brown one!

6. - Top - End - #96
    Titan in the Playground

Lana woke up and saw Taara, which caused her to smile.
    “Hello, sweetie!”
    she sat up. She looked down at the costume Ghiso had given her, then turned her bright eyes toward Taara.
    “I think we have some extra clothes. Can you give the costume back to Zarron and get some from the cart? I think Ghiso can clean it up.”
    Last edited by Xihirli; 2020-10-24 at 09:30 PM.
    Spoiler: Check Out my Writing!
    Show

https://www.patreon.com/everskendra

I post short stories in the middle of every month, and if you want to follow my novels as they’re edited and written, you can join as a patron!

7. - Top - End - #97
    Troll in the Playground

"Absolutely, Lana," Taara smiled back at her before fixing the rest of her hair and picking up the costume. She turned back, placed her hand on Lana's, and gave her a kiss on the cheek. "I will be back in a minute."

She walked out of the room and went to find Zarron. "Here is the costume back. I will be getting other clothes for Lana from the cart, thank you for giving her this."

After

She goes to the cart and finds clothes- a light beige tunic and brown greaves. She also grabs some leather armor for her, and a cloak. Taara brings the clothes, which have been sitting out and have been worn by dead bodies, to Ghiso to be cleaned. She thanks him as well.

After a little while Taara returns to Lana with a pile of clothes. "I'm not sure how cute this will look on you. But you look super cute on your own, so it will be fine."
    Last edited by Gluteus_Maximus; 2020-10-24 at 09:32 PM.
    Wow, i can’t believe it, WotC actually made the rules compatible for a situation in which an ape demon is leaping into the air to knock a vampire out of a Poylmorphed T-rex’s jaws who is flying 120 feet above the ground.

8. - Top - End - #98
    Titan in the Playground

Lana stood up and gave Taara a hug before she got dressed. "Thank you, Star!" She hummed as she put the clothes and then armor on. "I look dangerous and armed!" She reached for her sickle to draw it, but it had melted. So she didn't. "I'm just gonna go talk to the water for a bit," she said.

Show
    Lana will change up her spell preparations for the morning.
    Show

I post short stories in the middle of every month, and if you want to follow my novels as they’re edited and written, you can join as a patron!

9. - Top - End - #99
    Troll in the Playground

Taara blushed a little bit as she accepted the hug, which she returned gently. She sort of stood in the doorway, giving a little side eye with half-closed eyes and a smile while Lana got dressed."Okay! Have fun," she replied, "Oh! I moved my moss to a jar, so if you need my rope at all it's safe to take out now."

10. - Top - End - #100
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Zarron takes back the costume and folds it before stuffing it into his pack. At the next opportunity, he points towards the fog and looks questionably at Ghiso and Lana. "You know, it really should've dissipated by now. Are you guys detecting anything evil from that fog?"
    Now Playing

11. - Top - End - #101
    Titan in the Playground

Lana sang a little ditty in Aquan before refilling her waterskin. "Hm?" she looked at the fog. "Why would it leave?" she asked, having little experience with fog.
    Show

12. - Top - End - #102
    Troll in the Playground

Having lived in the mountains for most of her young life, Taara knows a little bit about fog. "Well, it's water, and usually the heat of the daylight makes it clear up. It's been there for over a week without moving," she explained, channeling Kaj a little bit. "Also, I found this map that I apparently put in my pack. Before I put the moss in it. It has marks on it, where other culty locations are. There are probably rituals going on elsewhere in the valley, past that mist!"

13. - Top - End - #103
    Titan in the Playground

"Oh? Should we... forget the tower and go deal with that?" Lana asked. She still didn't seem concerned about the fog. She couldn't sense if fog was evil anyway.
    Show

14. - Top - End - #104
    Troll in the Playground

Taara shrugged. "I'm not sure how pressing it is. And we've almost finished with the tower. So we should do that, maybe go back out so Ghiso can get that town portal thing that Cailenam got, maybe go to Qsen. We can go in when we are ready. It helps that these locations are further from towns and there would not be a major plague like before."

15. - Top - End - #105
    Ogre in the Playground

Show
    So are we
    - Roleplaying a little while longer.
    - Going into the fog.
    - Checking the statue again.
    - Investigating the sphere.
    - Going to the top floor.
    - Heading back to town.
    Last edited by Izzarra; 2020-10-26 at 10:19 PM.
    "Time is an abstract concept created by carbon-based life-forms to monitor their ongoing decay." - Thunderclese

16. - Top - End - #106
    Troll in the Playground

Staring at Ghiso's new weasel a little bit, Taara followed to the statue. Unlike the other one, it did not have a weapon. Not that that was a sign of weakness, but more that there was no obvious purpose to messing with it. Since Ghiso wanted to, however, as she had wanted to fight the ice golem, she was compelled to follow their whims. It would be another decent fight to test out her arms against. That is, if this statue was a fight. Taara did not really understand how the magic behind it worked. Just that it did.

She stood next to Lana, feeling ready for anything.

17. - Top - End - #107
    Titan in the Playground

Show
    I had actually forgotten Izzara had posted.

When Ghiso finished his spell a brown weasel appeared into existence.
    "Hello, mmm... Breasel" he called it, showing his great skill for naming things. He presented it to the whole group briefly before they headed back into the tower.
    When they approached the statue, he turned to Zarron.
    "Mind if I use your pole?" he asked him, eyeing the last active circle.

Show
    Just to be on the safe side, are the other circles still deactivate? Or did they recharge like the rune Ghiso triggered the previous day upstairs would do?

18. - Top - End - #108
    Titan in the Playground

Lana started speaking to the Weasel in Sylvan for awhile, but then looked surprised when there was no response. "Is that not a real animal?" she asked.
    Show

19. - Top - End - #109
    Titan in the Playground

"Afraid not. It's a spirit that takes a form of my choosing- we can talk through our minds, but no other can talk to it" Ghiso explained to Lana.

Show
    Speaking of which, it's a Fey since there are no angels/devils.

20. - Top - End - #110
    Titan in the Playground

"Well, tell him he's wonderful," Lana instructed as she followed behind.
    Show

21. - Top - End - #111
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Having spent some idle time the previous afternoon carving numerous albeit crude ten foot poles, Zarron hands one of them to Ghiso. He resists trying to touch the Eldritch Knight's new pet as he takes cover behind the door and covers both of his ears.
    Now Playing

22. - Top - End - #112
    Troll in the Playground

Taara definitely gives scritches to the weasel when it is presented to the party. "It is absolutely wonderful!!" she gives another scritch behind the ear. "You like weasels?" she asked politely, leaving out the fact she has had weasel for supper several times.

23. - Top - End - #113
    Titan in the Playground

The blue one, Lanitfat, says you're wonderful.

Ghiso did as instructed, taking the pole then going to poke first the active circle, then if nothing happened the statue itself. Delicately. He was going to tell Lana Breasel's reply after making sure nothing killed them in short order.
    Unsure of who Taara asked the question he replied "Well, yes. They are cute and surprisingly ferocious for their size, like most animals of its family. And carnivorous for the most part. What's not to like?" he stroked the little familiar's head.
    Last edited by Valmark; 2020-10-27 at 08:41 PM.

24. - Top - End - #114
    Titan in the Playground

"This is the first weasel I've seen," Lana confessed. "But it seems great so far!"
    Show

25. - Top - End - #115
    Troll in the Playground

Taara channeled Lana for a moment, that adorable boldness shining through: "Like me!" she responded to Ghiso's description of weasels with a smile.

26. - Top - End - #116
    Titan in the Playground

Ghiso mentally compared his description of weasels to what he knew of Taara.
    "...yes but I am not stroking your head too" he mused as if that was really something the group expected from him.

27. - Top - End - #117
    Titan in the Playground

"I can stroke your head, if you like," Lana offered.
    Show

28. - Top - End - #118
    Troll in the Playground

Taara regarded Ghiso's response with a giggle. "Oh, yes please," she turned to Lana, her smile widened.

29. - Top - End - #119
    Titan in the Playground

Lana started stroking Taara's hair as she walked, humming happily. Realizing it had been awhile, she started to sing in Aquan:

Spoiler: Aquan
    Show

"Timeless sea breezes,
    sea-wind of the night:
    you come for no one;
    if someone should wake,
    he must be prepared
    how to survive you.

Timeless sea breezes,
    that for aeons have
    blown ancient rocks,
    you are purest space
    coming from afar…

Oh, how a fruit-bearing
    fig tree feels your coming
    high up in the moonlight."
    Show

30. - Top - End - #120
    Ogre in the Playground

As Ghiso taps the circle a wind whips up out of nowhere and throws him across the room.

The eyes of the statue begin to glow and dust falls off of it as the posture changes and it scans the room.

Spoiler: DC 5 Wisdom check
    Show
    You have an extremely bad feeling about this.

Show
    Make a DC 17 Strength save. Take 15 bludgeoning damage on a failed save, or half as much damage on a successful one.

From detect magic yesterday Ghiso knows that the magical aura of these circles is several orders of magnitude more powerful then the little trap upstairs. When Zarron shot a bolt at the statue the aura dimmed for only a few seconds.
    Last edited by Izzarra; 2020-10-28 at 12:40 AM.