New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 34 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161732 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: [IC] The Cult of Brannulv

Taara began to regard Lana's definition, as she had eaten weasel before, though with slight confusion because she was not sure how her pets and itches made Brie "go bad" in the way food went bad, then Ghiso spoke.

"I see. So should I stop?" she nodded as if she understood the whole of what he said. "I heard a lot of the first meaning, at the monastery. We were not given much to become spoiled in that way you said."

"I do not think you are spoiled, Lana, you receive being made happy because you make them happy too."
    Quote Originally Posted by Requilac View Post
    Wow, i can’t believe it, WotC actually made the rules compatible for a situation in which an ape demon is leaping into the air to knock a vampire out of a Poylmorphed T-rex’s jaws who is flying 120 feet above the ground.
    Amazing Avatar by Smutmulch

2. - Top - End - #182
    Titan in the Playground

"Maybe you never dealt with one" Ghiso offered "Or talked to somebody that dealt with one. I must admit my experiences with royalty in general are restrained by ink and paper" he said, not knowing there was a princess right there.

Then registered what Taara said.
    "Nah, keep going. It's happy" he looked confused for a moment "Why would Lanitfat be spoiled?"
    Last edited by Valmark; 2020-10-31 at 01:04 PM.

3. - Top - End - #183
    Troll in the Playground

Taara looked between the two. "oh. Well, you mentioned spoiled princess and then Lana heard it and pointed it out and well I wanted to assure that it was not directed at her or anything."
    Wow, i can’t believe it, WotC actually made the rules compatible for a situation in which an ape demon is leaping into the air to knock a vampire out of a Poylmorphed T-rex’s jaws who is flying 120 feet above the ground.

4. - Top - End - #184
    Titan in the Playground

Ghiso looked even more confused.
    "Why would it be addressed to her?"

5. - Top - End - #185
    Titan in the Playground

"Well, it wouldn't be, I'm not a princess," Lana said. "My mom's not a queen, she's just in charge of everyone, and lives in the nicest house, and tribute is paid to her from the other houses, and the grandest titles are... hold up." Lana stopped in her tracks. "Guys, I think I'm a princess."
    Spoiler: Check Out my Writing!
    Show

https://www.patreon.com/everskendra

I post short stories in the middle of every month, and if you want to follow my novels as they’re edited and written, you can join as a patron!

6. - Top - End - #186
    Titan in the Playground

Ghiso stared at Lana for a long, hard minute.
    "Sounds similar to a queendom. In which case you aren't likely to hear 'spoiled princess', since it could be interpreted as an insult and people could be punished for it. But I don't think that's the case" he said "Anybody that fights to save a village from a curse can hardly be called spoiled. You don't even have servants" unless her relationship with Taara was of a specific type, but Ghiso knew at least enough to avoid risking being asked for details. Or to imply something about a princess.

7. - Top - End - #187
    Ogre in the Playground

It takes a few minutes for the fog in the orb and the valley clear away. After a few tries you find out that the draconic word for "cease" turns the plate off.

After everyone clears the area and Zarron tosses a rock a burst of fire fills the small hallway.
    "Time is an abstract concept created by carbon-based life-forms to monitor their ongoing decay." - Thunderclese

8. - Top - End - #188
    Titan in the Playground

Ghiso poked his head back into the room looking at the burst of fire.
    "...I'm glad we didn't trigger it with our feet" he said and then went back to heading upstairs.

Spoiler: Ooc
    Show
    Right, Perception: (1d20-1)[10]

9. - Top - End - #189
    Troll in the Playground

"Sangharsh" Taara teaches the word to the others who can't speak Draconic. She then follows up to the next floor.

Spoiler: ooc
    Show
    perception: (1d20+5)[11]

10. - Top - End - #190
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Zarron flashes a middle finger at the trapped room, even though nobody was there. "Haha, I outsmarted you!" he crows to the not-present trap designer, as he skips with a spring to his step upstairs. He is so happy that he is not paying any attention to his surroundings like the rest of the party was doing.
    Now Playing

Zarron Gemblossom (Half-Elf Bard): IC | OOC
    Zuu Greenbrook (Half-Elf Warlock 7): IC | OOC

11. - Top - End - #191
    Titan in the Playground

Lana smiled at Taara. "I have no idea what that means, but you're cute when you say it." And she followed the others up without looking for any traps.
    Show

I post short stories in the middle of every month, and if you want to follow my novels as they’re edited and written, you can join as a patron!

12. - Top - End - #192
    Ogre in the Playground

The top floor is also partitioned in half. The room you enter is set up like a living room or a study. Some furnishings have been left behind, writing desk, bench, a painting, a small chest, a faded carpet, etc. There is a scimitar hanging on the wall. There do not appear to be any traps in the vicinity of the stairs.

There are no magical auras in this room, but there is magic on the other side of the wall.
    Last edited by Izzarra; 2020-11-01 at 07:35 PM.
    "Time is an abstract concept created by carbon-based life-forms to monitor their ongoing decay." - Thunderclese

13. - Top - End - #193
    Troll in the Playground

"It means the word that makes the tablets stop working," Taara explains while blushing. "Well, actually, there are a lot of words for it."

Upon entering the room Taara goes straight for the scimitar, trying to get it off the wall. It wasn't much, but it would be a weapon Lana can use.

14. - Top - End - #194
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

First things first. Zarron takes out his improvised ten foot pole and starts testing all the floors for traps. For good measure he pokes all the walls and shines Dancing Lights into every corner of the room, including the ceiling. There is no way he is getting ambushed by oozes and teleporting spiders, no sir!
    Now Playing

15. - Top - End - #195
    Titan in the Playground

"There are a lot of words that are cute when you say them," Lana agreed. She went over the the writing desk to see if anything was left behind to read. "Ooh, I have a riddle: Why is a raven like a writing desk?"
    Show

16. - Top - End - #196
    Troll in the Playground

Taara was a little embarrassed and wondered what words don't sound cute when she says them. "Is it because they both have feathers? Quills for writing and things. Or are there writing desks that go "kaw, kaw" and flap their wings?"

She comes over to Lana after removing the scimitar from the wall. "Here it's bigger than a sickle so you are probably not used to it but here is a weapon for you"

17. - Top - End - #197
    Titan in the Playground

"No, neither one is like an orange," Lana responded, and looked down at the weapon. "Ooh, shiny." She gripped it in one hand. It was heavy.
    Show

18. - Top - End - #198
    Titan in the Playground

Ghiso went over to the chest, looking around.

Show
    Arcana: could the scimitar be animated? What do I know about it? What about the carpet? (1d20+6)[24]

Investigate in general in the room and specifically the chest without touching it: (1d20+6)[21]

"I wouldn't rule out for a trap to be here, maybe hidden like the sound one. But magical auras only come from the next room over... If I were to be paranoid and a powerful magic user, I'd trap the chest and make a safe word to open it with" he said, studying the chest.

19. - Top - End - #199
    Troll in the Playground

After smiling at Lana one more time, Taara wandered off towards the next room.

20. - Top - End - #200
    Ogre in the Playground

As Ghiso is considering the possibility of animated objects, his suspicions are confirmed as the room bursts into a flurry of activity. The chest he is examining surges forward the lid opening, spraying him with coins before snapping onto his knee.

The carpet that Lana is standing on suddenly pulls itself out from under feet tossing her into the air then wraps around her.

A chamber pot flies off the floor and lands on Zarron's head. Luckily it has not been used in a very long time.

A broom in the corner thwacks Taara right in the back of her head then follows up with another smack to her backside.

Taara and Ghiso see the painting, a portrait, begin speaking at Zarron. "Ha, Does thou know what is on thine head. Thou art most ridiculous."

The scimitar, does not appear to do anything. Although it is wrapped up in the carpet with Lana.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Roll initiative.

I rolled really well this round.

Nat 20, Ghiso takes 17 bludgeoning damage and must make a DC 13 strength save or be knocked prone. He knows that this is not a mimic.

Lana is restrained, blinded, and at risk of suffocating. She needs to make a DC 13 acrobatics or athletic check or be prone as well. Escape DC 13. She takes 9 bludgeoning damage at the beginning of her turn.

Zarron is grappled and blinded. Escape DC 13 to remove it. He takes 6 bludgeoning damage. Also Zarron has been Viciously Mocked. DC 12 or 3 psychic damage etc.

Nat 20, Taara takes 9 bludgeoning damage total from two attacks.

21. - Top - End - #201
    Titan in the Playground

"****!" There was a rather loud, rather atypical curse word from Ghiso as he stood up and triedto strike the chest with his magic sword- uselessly.

Show
    Initiative: (1d20-1)[12]
    Strenght save (1d20+5)[11]

So, 3 rounds of ice blading.
    8 to hit, didn't even roll damage.
    10 to hit, 8 slashing damage and 6 cold.

Standing up, used my action surge.
    Last edited by Valmark; 2020-11-02 at 11:16 PM.

22. - Top - End - #202
    Troll in the Playground

"Owwww!" Taara cries out, first feeling the strikes against her back and then taking in the chaos of the room. Lana was missing. "No, no, not again," Taara thought as she noticed the rug was in her place. So she took out one of her cultist shortswords and stabbed it then kicked it.

Show
    initiative: 13

shortsword: (1d20+5)[20] hit: (1d6+3)[9]

Offhand: (1d20+5)[22] hit: 4

* post roll count doesn't match database
    Last edited by Gluteus_Maximus; 2020-11-03 at 01:00 AM.

23. - Top - End - #203
    Titan in the Playground

Lana, who wasn't having an awesome time, realized everything was dark and started wriggling. She pulled herself out of the rug just in time to watch her sweetheart stab it. "Ohhh, you're the sweetest!"

Show
    No bonus actions just yet - I'd like to Cure Wounds next turn rather than Healing Wording now. Initiative count 17.
    Last edited by Xihirli; 2020-11-03 at 01:01 AM.
    Show

24. - Top - End - #204
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Although thankful that the chamberpot has not been recently used, the biting words of that portrait fills Zarron with a deep sense of shame. He fumbles around in the dark, trying to make his way towards Ghiso, with one hand on the pot on his head, and another reaching towards his magical focus. Although the pot on his head substantially muffled what he was saying, it was sufficient enough to trigger what he was attempting to do. Hopefully.

Whether or not Sleep would work on magically-animated constructs was a different story entirely.

== OOC ==
    As action, cast Sleep centered around Zarron. This spell sends creatures into a magical slumber. The spell affects (5d8)[21] hit points of creatures. Creatures within 20 feet of a point you choose within range are affected in ascending order of their current hit points (ignoring unconscious creatures). Starting with the creature that has the lowest current hit points, each creature affected by this spell falls unconscious until the spell ends, the sleeper takes damage, or someone uses an action to shake or slap the sleeper awake. Subtract each creature’s hit points from the total before moving on to the creature with the next lowest hit points. A creature’s hit points must be equal to or less than the remaining total for that creature to be affected. Undead and creatures immune to being charmed aren’t affected by this spell.

Zarron, Taara, and Ghiso are immune to sleep due to their fey ancestry.

Initiative Roll: 24 (rolled a natural 20).
    Last edited by Zergrinch; 2020-11-03 at 01:01 AM.
    Now Playing

25. - Top - End - #205
    Ogre in the Playground

Lana manages to stay on her feet despite the rugs attempt to fling her to the floor, however Zarron's spell manages to put her to sleep and she flops onto the ground.

The chest tries to slam on top Ghiso, but he is able to pull out of the way just in time.

The chamber pot moves back and forth and Zarron's head is like the clapper of a bell inside of it.

The crushing grasp of the rug brings Lana awake and she is able to squirm free of the rug just before Taara tears into it.

Ghiso gets up and swings at the chest but to his frustration it is able to dodge his attacks.

The portrait casts a spell and the room fills with twisting patterns of colors.

The rug goes after Taara and she gets wrapped up in it.

The broom continues hitting Taara, even though she is inside the rug.

Show
    Zarron is still grappled and blinded. Escape DC 13 to break free. He takes 9 bludgeoning damage.

Taara is restrained, blinded, and at risk of suffocating. Escape DC 13. She takes 6 bludgeoning damage now from the broom and 6 bludgeoning damage at the beginning of her next turn from the rug.

Everyone needs to make a DC 12 wisdom save or become incapacitated with a speed of 0. This is a charm effect. If Taara fails she snaps out of it almost immediately from the broom's attacks.

Initiative:
    24, Zarron
    21, Chest
    19, Pot
    17, Lana
    13, Taara
    12, Ghiso
    9, Rug
    9, Portrait
    5, Broom

26. - Top - End - #206
    Troll in the Playground

Taara attempts to break out of the rug, succeeding just barely. Surprised at the strength of animated objects, Taara uses her ki to run away from the rug that crushed her and Lana, the butt-battering broom, and everything else. "Best if we run!" she shouts.

Show
    Acrobatics: (1d20+3)[14]

Using ki point to disengage, move 45 feet out of the room.
    Last edited by Gluteus_Maximus; 2020-11-04 at 12:29 AM.

27. - Top - End - #207
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Blood pours out of Zarron's ears as the chamberpot's capricious cacophony causes cerebral cortex seizures. He stumbles blindly back the way he came from, no longer thinking straight and simply moving just by instinct.

(Failed save against charm despite advantage 🤣)
    Last edited by Zergrinch; 2020-11-04 at 02:57 AM.

28. - Top - End - #208
    Titan in the Playground

Ghiso grits his teeth, looking at Zarron in difficulty and realizing there wasn't much he could do for the bard- not in his condition. But still, with Lana's heal, he had to try- thus he held his shield up to protect himself from the chest as the weasel jumped now and run up Zarron's ankle, biting on the inside of the knee to wake him up while the fighter retreated.

Show
    Sheating the magic sword.
    Go grab Zarron and drag him away as much as possible.Disengage and move out.
    Breasel goes and shakes the spell off of Zarron when she has a free path.
    Last edited by Valmark; 2020-11-04 at 11:55 AM.

29. - Top - End - #209
    Titan in the Playground

"We can't leave Zarron!" Lana insisted, and looked at Ghiso, too wounded to help. Gritting her teeth, she lifted her shield and backed away from the fray, forming a shield wall with Ghiso and letting water rush over him.

Show
    Disengage, Healing Word 2nd level on Ghiso for 9 hp.
    Show

30. - Top - End - #210
    Ogre in the Playground

Zarron admires the shiny dancing lights.

The chest tries to slam down on Ghiso's toes but he is able to pull his foot out of the way.

With Zarron not moving the chamber pot lifts itself off of his head and flies at Ghiso, landing on his head.

Lana and Tarra manage to get safely out of the room and down one floor.

Even with the pot on his head Ghiso is able to make it out of the room as well.

Ghiso's familiar manages to snap Zarron out of the trance.

The rug spreads itself on the floor.

The portrait calls the familiar and overgrown rat.

The broom chases after everyone it manages to land a hit Ghiso, and Lana is able to deflect a blow with her shield.

Show
    Zarron has the option of making a Dexterity based Deception check to try to remain still enough to avoid being attacked.

Ghiso is grappled and blinded. Escape DC 13 to remove it. He takes 8 bludgeoning damage.

The familiar has been Viciously Mocked. DC 12 wisdom or 4 psychic damage etc.

Initiative:
    24, Zarron
    21, Chest
    19, Pot
    17, Lana
    13, Taara
    12, Ghiso
    9, Rug
    9, Portrait
    5, Broom