New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 34 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171833 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: [IC] The Cult of Brannulv

Taara runs up to the butt battering broom in order to stab it and kick it. "Stop hurting my friends, broom!"

Spoiler
    Show
    Shortsword: (1d20+5)[18] hit: (1d6+3)[8] crit: (1d6)[2]
    Kick: (1d20+5)[6] hit: (1d4+3)[7] crit: (1d4)[4]
    Quote Originally Posted by Requilac View Post
    Wow, i can’t believe it, WotC actually made the rules compatible for a situation in which an ape demon is leaping into the air to knock a vampire out of a Poylmorphed T-rex’s jaws who is flying 120 feet above the ground.
    Amazing Avatar by Smutmulch

2. - Top - End - #212
    Titan in the Playground

"Nnngh! They killed Breasel!" Ghiso exclaimed from inside the pot muffled "Somebody see Zarron!?" he unsheated his sword and tried to bang on the pot, sure he couldn't miss it.

Spoiler: Ooc
    Show
    But Ghiso did miss it, sorry. Nothing else to do.
    Last edited by Valmark; 2020-11-04 at 11:40 PM.

3. - Top - End - #213
    Titan in the Playground

Lana looked at the pot, then down at her scimitar. She clanged it against the pot on Ghiso's head to help him hear a gong, mostly.
    Spoiler: Check Out my Writing!
    Show

https://www.patreon.com/everskendra

I post short stories in the middle of every month, and if you want to follow my novels as they’re edited and written, you can join as a patron!

4. - Top - End - #214
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Slapped out of his stupor in time to see that he is completely alone in a room of murderous objects, Zarron immediately panics and blasts the strongest spell in his magical arsenal. Afterwards, he panics yet again as sections of the roof start to cave in. Making a split-second decision, the bard clambers out of the window-sized hole right next to him while screaming like a banshee, and tries to shimmy down to safety.

All the others could really hear was a thunderous explosion followed by a girly scream and the sound of roof stones falling. Zarron's panicked scream spurs Ghiso into action with a sudden adrenaline rush for some inexplicable reason.

==

Action: Cast Shatter. 21 damage.
    Bonus Action: Bardic Inspiration (d6) to Ghiso.
    Move: Climb out the window.
    Last edited by Zergrinch; 2020-11-05 at 12:20 AM.
    Now Playing

Zarron Gemblossom (Half-Elf Bard): IC | OOC
    Zuu Greenbrook (Half-Elf Warlock 7): IC | OOC

5. - Top - End - #215
    Ogre in the Playground

Zarron blows out the windows and collapses part of the roof on the top floor destroying the rug and the portrait then drops down the outside of the tower to the roof of the second floor where he can see the others through the windows.

The chamber pot moves back and forth and Ghiso's head is like the clapper of a bell inside of it. Then Lana hits it.

Taara takes a large chuck out of the broom with the sword.

Ghiso's sword glances off the pot.

The broom lands one more blow on Taara, possibly the last it will ever make.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Ghiso is grappled and blinded. Escape DC 13 to remove it. He takes 6 bludgeoning damage.

Taara takes 6 bludgeoning damage.

Initiative:
    24, Zarron
    21, Chest
    19, Pot
    17, Lana
    13, Taara
    12, Ghiso
    9, Rug
    9, Portrait
    5, Broom
    "Time is an abstract concept created by carbon-based life-forms to monitor their ongoing decay." - Thunderclese

6. - Top - End - #216
    Troll in the Playground

"Ahhh!" Taara shouts out as Ghiso goes down with the chamberpot on his head. The sight would frankly be hilarious if not for the situation. Moving on, she attacked the broom with her sword, narrowly missing before kicking it with her shin in frustration.

Show
    Shortsword: 13 attack for 6 damage
    Kick: 23 attack for 4 damage
    Last edited by Gluteus_Maximus; 2020-11-06 at 12:48 AM.
    Wow, i can’t believe it, WotC actually made the rules compatible for a situation in which an ape demon is leaping into the air to knock a vampire out of a Poylmorphed T-rex’s jaws who is flying 120 feet above the ground.

7. - Top - End - #217
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Zarron pounds on the window and shouts invectives aimed at the chamberpot, making insinuations about the size of its mother. The words somehow fill Lana with inspiration.

== OOC ==
    Vicious Mockery vs pot. DC13 wisdom to avoid (1d4)[2] psychic damage and its next attack is made at disadvantage.

Bardic Inspiration (d6) to Taara.
    Last edited by Zergrinch; 2020-11-06 at 12:27 AM.

8. - Top - End - #218
    Titan in the Playground

Lana gasped when Ghiso went down. She let water flow from her hand and swung her new scimitar into the pot, splitting it open. She then lifted the scimitar off of Ghiso's head, taking the pot off with it to slam it into the ground, splitting off a huge chunk of it.

Show
    Lana kills the pot and heals Ghiso for 7.
    Show

I post short stories in the middle of every month, and if you want to follow my novels as they’re edited and written, you can join as a patron!

9. - Top - End - #219
    Titan in the Playground

Ghiso stood up, angrily turning towards the broom.
    "You've killed Breasel!" he roared and grabbed his war pick, trying to break it.

Spoiler: Ooc
    Show
    Standing up, grab war pick, stab.

(1d20+5)[13]
    Damage (1d8+5)[10]

10. - Top - End - #220
    Ogre in the Playground

Zarron's spell has no visible effect.

The chest bounces down the stairs and lands next to Ghiso.

The pot leaves Ghiso and lands on Lana's head, then she lands a blow and it stops moving.

Taara kicks the broom in half.

By the time Ghiso stands up the broom is already broken, but he is able to destroy the chest.

Show
    Lana takes 5 bludgeoning damage.

Combat is over.
    "Time is an abstract concept created by carbon-based life-forms to monitor their ongoing decay." - Thunderclese

11. - Top - End - #221
    Titan in the Playground

Ghiso whacked the chest angrily a second time, before taking a deep breath and sheating his weapons.
    "I have an idea. How about we recover Zarron and take a breather before we check the last room? he asked, then took out his warpick again "The carpet and rug could still be alive" he went to see if he could open the window blocking Zarron's way.

12. - Top - End - #222
    Titan in the Playground

"Good idea!" Lana said, and opened the chest to quickly get a look at its contents.
    Show

13. - Top - End - #223
    Troll in the Playground

Taara stood and nursed her wounds. Luckily, nothing that would tear or stain her one dress. It may bruise though. "I agree about the breather, at least." she took a deep breath. "I did not expect anything in that room. Ghiso, I noticed you were already hurt when we went in. That wasn't... From me, was it?"

14. - Top - End - #224
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

While the others try to get him inside, Zarron takes a breather, and looks at the vista around him. Has the fog now lifted completely?
    Now Playing

15. - Top - End - #225
    Titan in the Playground

Ghiso shook his head.
    "You couldn't hit me, although you tried- it was the golem that threw me against a wall" he said working on the window and gave her a reassuring smile, if a bit pained from the chest. And the pot. And the broom.
    Last edited by Valmark; 2020-11-07 at 06:21 AM.

16. - Top - End - #226
    Troll in the Playground

"I see." Taara sighed shakily, but watched Ghiso's smile, wide-eyed. Noticing she was staring she turned away and went to Lana. "Did I hurt you?"

17. - Top - End - #227
    Titan in the Playground

Lana kicked the pot off to the side sheepishly, thinking of the right thing to say. "It wasn't you, Taara," she said. "You would never hurt me."
    Show

18. - Top - End - #228
    Troll in the Playground

"I would not. But I did, did I not?" she asked, looking away. "I looked like some sort of scary monster for a moment."
    Last edited by Gluteus_Maximus; 2020-11-07 at 03:03 PM.

19. - Top - End - #229
    Titan in the Playground

"You weren't the monster," Lana said. "You fought the monster off. Because you're wonderful." She left the chest and moved closer to Taara, carefully and slowly moving her hand up to caress her cheek, slowly enough that Taara could easily back away. "We'll solve this together. Like we solve everything. Alright, my Star?"
    Show

20. - Top - End - #230
    Troll in the Playground

Though she could back away, Taara just stands stock still when Lana holds her cheek. Her mind was too busy telling her that what Lana was saying meant "Yes, your fists hit me" and "Yes, you looked scary". "Thank you." she left it at that.
    Last edited by Gluteus_Maximus; 2020-11-07 at 10:44 PM.

21. - Top - End - #231
    Titan in the Playground

Lana pecked Taara's lips. "You're welcome." And she skipped back to the chest to search it. That was a success, she thought.
    Show

22. - Top - End - #232
    Ogre in the Playground

Zarron looks out into the valley there is a volcano in the middle with a faint wisp of smoke rising from the top, beyond it is a lake. smoke is rising from several places on the valley floor.

None of the windows are designed to be opened. They are composed of many small square pieces of glass held in place with lead.

From the coins that are on the floor upstairs and what is still in the chest you find: 91 cp, 38 sp, 23 gp, and Malachite worth 10 gp.

23. - Top - End - #233
    Titan in the Playground

Lana lifted the green stone, cradling it. "Look," she said. "It's beautiful." She handed it over to Taara for her to admire it.
    Show

24. - Top - End - #234
    Troll in the Playground

Taara took the object in her hands without really realizing what it was. She held it and stared at it for a moment before tears gently came down her face. She wiped them off and sniffled before responding. "Yes, it's very beautiful."

25. - Top - End - #235
    Titan in the Playground

"It doesn't open" Ghiso noted and signaled to Zarron to wait, then went up the stairs watchful. When sure the other inanimate objects were dead he went over to where Zarron climbed down and pulled out a rope, lowering it to help the bard climb up.

26. - Top - End - #236
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Zarron accepts the offered assistance. The first thing he does once he gets back in the tower is to take out his dagger and carve the painting out of the frame.
    Now Playing

27. - Top - End - #237
    Ogre in the Playground

Returning back on the fourth floor you find the devastating results of the shatter spell. All of the windows have been blown out and much of the roof over this room has collapsed.

There is not much left of the painting, it was shredded by the spell.

28. - Top - End - #238
    Troll in the Playground

As soon as Zarron returns, Taara wanders off into the next room.

29. - Top - End - #239
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

"Wow, did I do that?" Zarron marvels at the destructiveness of the Shatter spell. It wasn't quite as effective against the Ice Golem, so it must have been the dire straits and the adrenaline rush that made all that power possible. Disappointed at being unable to exact his gleeful revenge on the painting, Zarron tries to gather as much scrap of the painting as he could find, as well as the chamberpot, for catharsis.
    Last edited by Zergrinch; 2020-11-09 at 04:57 AM.
    Now Playing

30. - Top - End - #240
    Titan in the Playground

"I'm not sure going there alone it's wise, at least before we recover" Ghiso said seeing Taara going to check into the maybe last room "Besides the spider every enemy in this tower did nothing until we got near, plus there were traps"