New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 9 of 34 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: [IC] The Cult of Brannulv

At hearing the word "traps" Taara stopped in the middle of a step then took it back. She turned around and walked over to where Ghiso was, then to the nearest wall, and slumped there, holding the malachite in her hands. "Sorry. I got impatient."
    Quote Originally Posted by Requilac View Post
    Wow, i can’t believe it, WotC actually made the rules compatible for a situation in which an ape demon is leaping into the air to knock a vampire out of a Poylmorphed T-rex’s jaws who is flying 120 feet above the ground.
    Amazing Avatar by Smutmulch

2. - Top - End - #242
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Zarron spends the rest period trying to piece together the scraps of painting and chamberpot. He also sings a stirring ballad about a group of courageous explorers who valiantly battled through a host of demon-possessed houseware. Surely, nobody could have survived the evil painting's multiple casting of Meteor Swarm and the devil pot's Power Word Kill! But through the power of friendship, they persevered and defeated their foes.

Hit dice:
    (1d8+2)[9]

Song of Rest
    (1d6)[4]
    Now Playing

Zarron Gemblossom (Half-Elf Bard): IC | OOC
    Zuu Greenbrook (Half-Elf Warlock 7): IC | OOC

3. - Top - End - #243
    Titan in the Playground

"No need. Being cautious isn't necessarily the best option" Ghiso noted.

Spoiler: Ooc
    Show
    Forgot to specify that I'm taking a short rest.

4. - Top - End - #244
    Titan in the Playground

Lana, whose horn was melted by acid, spent the rest touching nothingness to her mouth and blowing. She'd never gotten to play the horn for Taara, and she determined that this would have to change.

Spoiler: Hit Dice
    Show
    (2d8)[4][3](7)+3 each
    Spoiler: Check Out my Writing!
    Show

https://www.patreon.com/everskendra

I post short stories in the middle of every month, and if you want to follow my novels as they’re edited and written, you can join as a patron!

5. - Top - End - #245
    Ogre in the Playground

Taara finds that the other room on the top floor of the tower is mostly empty. There is a bed frame in the corner and a fireplace. Hanging on a hook is a cloak and backpack.
    "Time is an abstract concept created by carbon-based life-forms to monitor their ongoing decay." - Thunderclese

6. - Top - End - #246
    Troll in the Playground

After resting, Taara silently walked up to Ghiso and hugged him (of course, with her height, it's just around the waist, and she barely reaches halfway around) and pressed her face against his armor. After standing there like that for 5 seconds she moved to Lana and waited for everyone to decide to go into the next room.
    Wow, i can’t believe it, WotC actually made the rules compatible for a situation in which an ape demon is leaping into the air to knock a vampire out of a Poylmorphed T-rex’s jaws who is flying 120 feet above the ground.

7. - Top - End - #247
    Titan in the Playground

Lana, seeing Taara coming, offered her a hug since she seemed in a huggy mood. After the hug was complete, she opened up the backpack and took a look inside.
    Show

I post short stories in the middle of every month, and if you want to follow my novels as they’re edited and written, you can join as a patron!

8. - Top - End - #248
    Titan in the Playground

"...I, uh, thank you" Ghiso said, too surprised to react at the gesture. He thought of saying that Taara didn't need to, figuring it was because she still felt guilty, but decided that there was no reason to remark it and undermine the value of the gesture. They could always talk next time they got time.

He Ritual Casted Detect Magic, then followed the group into the room to inspect it.

Show
    Right, normal rolls:

11 for Perception in the room
    21 for Investigate to find interesting stuff
    Last edited by Valmark; 2020-11-09 at 10:53 PM.

9. - Top - End - #249
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Zarron insults the bed frame, the hook, the fireplace, any carpets on the floor, the cloak, and then the backpack, finishing off with a sharp jab with his ten foot pole, in that order. Can't be too careful with animated objects being an option!
    Last edited by Zergrinch; 2020-11-09 at 10:48 PM.

10. - Top - End - #250
    Troll in the Playground

Taara receives Lana's hug, slightly surprised, before returning it tightly.

11. - Top - End - #251
    Ogre in the Playground

Nothing comes alive or attacks.

In the fireplace under some ash there is a chunk of petrified wood with an evocation aura. The draconic word for "Fire" is inscribed in it.

The cloak has an aura of abjuration.

The backpack has a conjuration aura.
    "Time is an abstract concept created by carbon-based life-forms to monitor their ongoing decay." - Thunderclese

12. - Top - End - #252
    Titan in the Playground

Ghiso nodded at cloak and backpack.
    "Those two are magical- the cloak is protective, the backpack... Makes stuff. Can't say more until we sit down and examine them, but it doesn't look like there is anything bad in here. Oh, the piece of wood" he pointed at the fireplace "Is Evocation like the freezing and heating tablets. My guess is an endlessly burning wood, but it's only a guess. Should be takeable"
    Last edited by Valmark; 2020-11-09 at 11:07 PM.

13. - Top - End - #253
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Zarron scoops this magical endless burning wood and looks at it. He feels strangely drawn to it. He starts hissing the word he heard Ghiso use on the stone tablet at the petrified wood.
    Last edited by Zergrinch; 2020-11-10 at 12:10 AM.

14. - Top - End - #254
    Titan in the Playground

Lana opened the backpack and reached inside for something.
    Show

15. - Top - End - #255
    Troll in the Playground

Taara takes a look at the cloak, considering it was not armor and if it was protection it might be useful for her, but immediately turns away because of how uncute it looked. So she went to Lana and made sure nothing happened to her while she messed with the backpack.

16. - Top - End - #256
    Ogre in the Playground

After Zarron says the command word for the magical hot plate the petrified log does nothing, but Ghiso's backpack begins to get warm.

---

There is nothing inside the backpack you found, but for some reason you have trouble touching the bottom of it from the inside, your entire arm goes in but you cannot reach the bottom even with your fingers outstretched.

17. - Top - End - #257
    Titan in the Playground

Lana, confused, took her arm back out, picked up the backpack, and turned it inside out.
    Show

18. - Top - End - #258
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

After hissing the activation phase a few times and seeing no result, a disappointed Zarron hands the petrified log to Ghiso and starts examining the cloak that Taara carelessly discarded.

"I think it's broken."
    Last edited by Zergrinch; 2020-11-10 at 09:20 PM.

19. - Top - End - #259
    Titan in the Playground

The second Ghiso's backpack starts heating up he hurriedly speaks the command word to shut down the heat tablet.
    "Maybe. How about we don't try activating it or its cousins while I'm carrying them anymore?" he suggested slightly bothered, sliding the block of wood inside the bag.

"Looks like this is the last room. I think we could take these items and leave?" he said "Lanitfat, everything alright?"

20. - Top - End - #260
    Troll in the Playground

Post Re: [IC] The Cult of Brannulv

Taara, similarly confused, watched Lana all the way down in the bag. She wanted to take a look in it, but then Lana started to turn it inside out.

21. - Top - End - #261
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Zarron tries to suppress a giggle. "Sorry, Mr. Ghiso!"

Once Ghiso turns his attention to digging out the rune, Zarron goes to the mini-apothecary and empties it of every flask, bottle, vial, potion, and material components, all of which he will stack on the cart waiting outside the tower. Since the Lord of the tower is long gone, he probably wouldn't mind being ransacked, right?

If he has time to spare, the half-elf will attempt to study the cloak in greater detail. There has to be something special with it, since Ghiso mentioned its abjurative aura earlier.
    Now Playing

22. - Top - End - #262
    Ogre in the Playground

When turned inside out the backpack appears to be a normal pack.

---

After spending a short rest studying the cloak Zarron determines that it is a cloak of protection.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Zarron needs to roll an Intelligence check to pack the cart.

23. - Top - End - #263
    Titan in the Playground

"Aw," Lana said, disappointed. She pouted a bit. "It's just an empty pack." She pushed the inside of the bag back in. "It's nice, though. I might use it instead of my acid-y one."
    Show

24. - Top - End - #264
    Titan in the Playground

"Being magical, it's at least more resistant then the one you are using. I have an inkling regarding what it does, but I can't be sure without examining it" Ghiso stated with a nod.

"I'll go pick out the fear trap back down since we seem to have emptied the place- if somebody could stay with me just in case some nasty surprise is still around you'd do me a favor" regardless of the reply he went to do it.

Show
    So yeah, picking it out of the wall. When it looks like he's close to finishing Ghiso will create a Tenser's Floating Disk to place the rune on and use a bedroll to cover it. He'll refresh the Disk any time it takes before it runs out of time.

Also he'll Help Zarron pack the cart giving him advantage.

25. - Top - End - #265
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Zarron stacks up the cart to the best of his ability.

As soon as he gets a chance to do so, he takes the cloak and wraps it around the water genasi. "Cloak of protection," he offers in way of explanation, without actually explaining that the resident healer should probably not be the squishiest of them all.

== OOC ==
    Cloak of protection relinquished to Lana. She gains +1 AC and +1 to all saving throws when attuned.
    Last edited by Zergrinch; 2020-11-11 at 10:52 PM.
    Now Playing

26. - Top - End - #266
    Troll in the Playground

Taara follows Ghiso and stays with him while he does his thing with the rune.

27. - Top - End - #267
    Titan in the Playground

Lana pulled it around herself, beaming at Zarron. "Oh, thank you!" she said, and gave him a kiss on the cheek before getting the cloak properly on.
    Show

28. - Top - End - #268
    Troll in the Playground

Taara sits and listens to Lana hum during the rest, wishing she had an instrument to play along. When Zarron approaches with the cloak and gives it to Lana, she watches Lana kiss him on the cheek. She looks at Zarron for a little, blankly, before turning to Lana and looking her over. "You look really cute in that," she said without prompt. "What was that about? Do you like Zarron?"

29. - Top - End - #269
    Titan in the Playground

"Awww," Lana said, smiling at Taara. "And no, I'm just grateful. Why?"
    Show

30. - Top - End - #270
    Troll in the Playground

"Oh, just wondering." she explained, then frowned suddenly. "I thanked him for giving you clothes when yours melted off. Should I have done what you did too?"