New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more

Thread: Knightfall IC

1. - Top - End - #1
    Titan in the Playground

Default Knightfall IC

A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away...

KNIGHTFALL

Peace has been shattered. The ancient
    enemies of the Repblic have returned to
    lay siege to the Galaxy. And the Galaxy
    is unsure of how to respond.

And worse, the Jedi Council, leaders
    of the distinguished JEDI KNIGHTS,
    the guardians of Peace and Justice
    in the galaxy, have been silent as to
    what they know about the leaders of
    the Sith.

But they have sent a team of high
    ranking Masters to meet with the
    Sith. Though they have not told the
    republic of their plans, many believe
    they are still the Galaxy's best chance
    to restore peace to the Galaxy....

The Seraphim is flying out of the Coruscant system, on her way to the Hyperspace point. On board the large diplomatic cruiser, the crew are busy keeping the ship in prime status. After all, there is a war going on, and even though there is uncertainty about the mission, the crew knows they have to do their best to aid the Jedi on board.

All hands, prepare for the jump to lightspeed. Jump coordinates are thirty seconds out.

In the main common area, you are all gathered about the main table when the captain calls out to prepare for the jump. Once the jump to lightspeed is complete, the table comes to life with a map of the galaxy. A section of it, the section in the Mid and Outer Rim territory confirmed to have fallen to the Sith has been colored red. This map rotates slightly in the air, letting you all contemplate the future and the uncertainty it is bringing.

Co-Founder of LUTAS.
    For all you lesser superheroes out there.

Custom STO avatar by Durkoala.

A novella about a wizard and a rock star, cross-dimensional travel, and healing wounds neither knew were there.

Spoiler: Online stuffs
    Show
    Lentrax has a Deviantart now, check it out!

Streaming Monday, Wednesday, and Friday at 11CST on Twitch.

Follow me on Twitter!

2. - Top - End - #2
    Troll in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Default Re: Knightfall IC

Bendak reclines comfortably in his seat. He had been meditating, though it was more usual for a Jedi to do so by sitting cross legged on the floor. But Bendak was always a creature of comfort, and the Jedi Master knew that he could as easily, and more comfortably, meditate while sitting in a soft cushioned chair as on the cold floor. As he broke the meditative state, he looked down at the savage scar on his arm, as he always did when he was returning from that otherworldly place in his mind. The scar helped to focus his mind on the here and now, and he felt a slight surge of anger and grief, which even all of his training could not overcome. He had learned to control it, though, and even used the emotions to drive his combat style, the rare and feared Vaapad style of lightsaber combat.

He looked up from his scarred arm and started to study the map, trying to ascertain where both the main Sith force and his lost love could be. Of course, he thought with momentary bitterness, it was quite likely that the two places were one and the same. He knew that, from reports, his love had been taken by a dark Jedi. But now it appeared that she was likely taken by the Sith, beings of legend and fear, even for a Jedi. No wonder the Council kept word of their return a secret even from Jedi Masters such as himself, until they really needed to know about it. And now he was going to be meeting their representative. He wondered who it could be. What sort of being could willingly turn themselves over to the service of the Sith?
    Last edited by paradox26; 2020-09-27 at 09:07 AM.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Titan in the Playground

Killian Tavares

Killian sat in the briefing area, wishing he was in the mess hall instead. The jump to lightspeed could play havoc with the ability to swallow, and if you timed it wrong you could end up involuntarily regurgitating, but he'd rather be taking his chances with some unruly grub than looking at a map.

"How long until we arrive?" he asked.
    TC for short

"I like the sense of chaos this game provides. OOC, I like that I cannot know every available avenue, but that I can pursue whatever avenue I so choose. IC, I like that what I am doing has consequences. It's very very real." --Noedig

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

In the days long past, the Zero Collective would have been an enemy of the New Republic. Made from old Imperial assets and having a reputation for dealing in some of the most unsavory aspects of the galaxy's underworld, they were constant targets of investigation. Yet, when there own home comes under attack from the forces of these New Sith, even they had to throw there lot in with the Republic. The sith are simply too unpredictable, and the Republic is too...heroic to get what needs to be done done. Thus, WAR-L8RD themself has decided to accompany the crew of this ship, along with there personal bodyguard Droid and a cadre of disguised minions that move around the ship,, looking like janitors and other unimportant figures.

"The Republic made the mistake of not tying themselves to the controlling powers of the Mid and Outer Rim. There was no way they could have defended such places with there own fleets. They should have done more to allow planets to create there own self defense fleeets, then we would have at least been able to hold the Mid rim, and disrupt operations in the outer rim. A missed opportunity." he says, looking through the map

"As for Arival? I doubt we'll even make it there with most the crew surviving. If I were the sith I'd certainly be watching the border of the core and mid rim closely. I Suspect we'll be ambushed long before we make it."
    Last edited by Shadowflick; 2020-09-27 at 11:16 AM.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Titan in the Playground

Sejan did her best to give the Jedi his space. While it was unlikely he'd make a scene, given both her intuition about him personally, as well as the stakes involved with infighting among the crew, it would serve best to not needlessly antagonize somebody she might be depending on to survive the coming conflicts. She milled about, more focused on her own thoughts than her surroundings for the most part. Idle energy sent her pacing now and then, but it was a good way to calm her nerves.

Sejan still had yet to see why she had been brought here, but the gentle push and pull of the Force had seemed quite insistent in guiding her to this...war effort. And she had no illusions regarding how she would serve the Republic in this matter - she wasn't a diplomat or a mechanic or a pilot, she was a warrior.

Currently Recruiting WW/Mafia: Logic's Deathloop Mafia and Cazero's Graduates Of Hope's Peak - Danganronpa Mafia

Quote Originally Posted by Xumtiil View Post
    An Abattoir Vecna, if you will.
    My Homebrew

6. - Top - End - #6
    Titan in the Playground

PirateWench

Cora
    Walking from her cabin towards the CIC Bridge to see where they were headed and about how long it would take to get there.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Titan in the Playground

The communications array beeps, and when it is activated, a hologram of a figure even the non-Jedi recognize. The short green figure of Master Yetyl, the oldest member of the Jedi Council nods in greeting.

“Thank you, for agreeing to this mission. Difficult it will be, but faith in you, the Council has. This ship, to the Corvellia system travels. There, meet with the supposed Sith, you will. Agreed they have, to a discussion. Determine you must, if truly Sith they are. The First Fleet, to the front, the Republic is sending. Fight, they will.”

The Jedi master leans on his cane.

“If true Sith they are, engage them, You must not.”

Co-Founder of LUTAS.

A novella about a wizard and a rock star, cross-dimensional travel, and healing wounds neither knew were there.

Show

Follow me on Twitter!

8. - Top - End - #8
    Titan in the Playground

Killian Tavares

Killian looked to the left and to the right as everyone stayed silent, then raised his hand.

“Uhh, why not?” he asked.
    TC for short

"I like the sense of chaos this game provides. OOC, I like that I cannot know every available avenue, but that I can pursue whatever avenue I so choose. IC, I like that what I am doing has consequences. It's very very real." --Noedig

9. - Top - End - #9
    Titan in the Playground

“If true Sith they are, fighting now, hopeless, it would be.”

The Jedi Master looked down at the ground. “However, do not give in to despair. Fear to the Dark Side leads. Fight if you must, but begin the engagement, you must not.”

Co-Founder of LUTAS.

Show

Follow me on Twitter!

10. - Top - End - #10
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lentrax View Post
    “If true Sith they are, fighting now, hopeless, it would be.”

The Jedi Master looked down at the ground. “However, do not give in to despair. Fear to the Dark Side leads. Fight if you must, but begin the engagement, you must not.”
    Killian Tavares

"hunh, okay," Killian said, leaning back in his seat and folding his arms across his chest.
    TC for short

11. - Top - End - #11
    Titan in the Playground

PirateWench

Master is this meeting to take place on a ship or the surface of a planet ? If it is on a ship then is it to be on this diplomatic ship or theirs? and if on the surface where is this to take place, I think as much information as we can have available to us is important.
    Last edited by samduke; 2020-10-02 at 06:31 PM.

12. - Top - End - #12
    Titan in the Playground

"Aboard their ship, the negotiations will take place. Corvellia, a free system is. The planet, to neither side belongs."

Co-Founder of LUTAS.

Show

Follow me on Twitter!

13. - Top - End - #13
    Troll in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Bendak looks quite concerned at the details of the message. The Old Master clearly knows what is going on, but Bendak himself does not. He finds himself wondering if his lost love might be among the enemy force. Perhaps she was not simply taken by a Dark Jedi, but by the actual Sith. That would be terrible, though being taken by simple Dark Jedi was bad enough. But even to the Jedi Master the Sith were creatures of legend. He wonders what he will do if Alessia is there among the enemy. He leans back in his chair, contemplating this, and barely paying attention to the details of the discussion that is going on around him. Though he does note that the meeting is on the enemy ship, which seems reckless and dangerous. Still, there must be a reason that this was agreed to.

14. - Top - End - #14
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

The Machnine gives the closest aproximation to a sigh it can make "So you ask of us to meet these supposed sith upon there own ship? With a Diplomatic Cruiser? My, I feel as if this is going to go swimmingly. My Paramaters to judge if they are sith are not is rather simple. Are they bloodthirsty aniacs with the power to use lightning and swing a saber? So far they've proven those points...so I forgive me if I have a certain...Bias? I wish to see the peace restored as much as you do...preferiably with most planets still in one piece"

15. - Top - End - #15
    Titan in the Playground

Killian Tavares

“Right, what’s our backup if fighting starts?” Killian asked.
    TC for short

16. - Top - End - #16
    Titan in the Playground

PirateWench

backup well short of personal weapons which may do no good vs the force, we must presume the sith ship to have maned weapons as well it self is probably armed. while this cruiser might take a shot or three I am not sure it has what would be needed to stay and fight, or even run for that mater.

My freighter is connected on the docking collar it does not have the firepower to fight a capital ship but it does have speed. We could use it as the ship to ferry us from the cruiser to their ship and I would stay aboard to keep the engines hot if we need to run.
    Last edited by samduke; 2020-10-04 at 06:24 PM.

17. - Top - End - #17
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by samduke View Post
    backup well short of personal weapons which may do no good vs the force, we must presume the sith ship to have maned weapons as well it self is probably armed. while this cruiser might take a shot or three I am not sure it has what would be needed to stay and fight, or even run for that mater.

My freighter is connected on the docking collar it does not have the firepower to fight a capital ship but it does have speed. We could use it as the ship to ferry us from the cruiser to their ship and I would stay aboard to keep the engines hot if we need to run.
    Killian grunted.

“Works for me,” he replied, “let’s set up a rendezvous point if we need to scatter into hyperspace, so we can meet up afterwards.”

“No more questions from me,” he added.
    TC for short

18. - Top - End - #18
    Troll in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Bendak comes out of his reverie for long enough to add, "Setting a rendezvous is likely a good idea. Beyond that, I have little to add until such time as we actually meet the Sith. Other than the redundant warning to all go very well armed. They are definitely not to be trusted."

19. - Top - End - #19
    Titan in the Playground

The Seraphim drops out of lightspeed at the edge of the Corvellia system. As the ship flies toward its rendezvous point, you realize that there is something going on. There are flashes, from somewhere between Corvellia III and IV. They aren't regular, and the Force sensitive beings aboard can feel the large numbers of people dying as the system falls. Everyone else figures it out easily enough, without the added bonus of feeling the death in the system.

As you approach the rendezvous, a transmission comes in.

Republic cruiser Seraphim. This is the Imperial Star Destroyer Ketor. Heave to, and prepare to shuttle aboard. We will arrive on station in twenty minutes, at which time, you will depart your vessel. Do not deviate from the course we send you. Failure to comply will result in death.

Co-Founder of LUTAS.

Show

Follow me on Twitter!

20. - Top - End - #20
    Titan in the Playground

PirateWench

Cora
    Well gents that is the sound of war talking, There will be no meeting.. without much thought, If you want to live you better come with me because this tub will never outrun them. turning and running to her freighter, hopping in to the pilots seat flipping all the switches to fire up the engines and shield generators while waiting for the others to get on board.

After everyone is onboard and the ship is detached

Piloting directly away from the path of the cruiser as the ship picks up speed, angling the shields towards incoming fire, plotting a hyperspace jump to Duros for now.
    Last edited by samduke; 2020-10-11 at 09:50 AM.

21. - Top - End - #21
    Titan in the Playground

Killian Tavares

Killian silently watched the carnage. He didn't need to speak up, the others had already come to the same conclusion as he did; the meeting was a setup, and the Sith were not interested in talking at all, only stalling.

"Send a transmission home first, tell them what's happened," he said, "if we don't make it, at least they'll know why."

He decided to take Cora's freighter, hoping it would be less noticed as it slipped away in the confusion.

Spoiler
    Show
    samduke could you put your character's name in your posts please? I can't remember everyone's character name.
    TC for short

22. - Top - End - #22
    Titan in the Playground

Sejan joins the others in fleeing for a ship - getting blasted apart in the depths of space is something noone can survive, after all. The deaths echoing in her mind are difficult to ignore, but she pushes them aside. Plenty of time to grieve their loss later, to consider getting justice for those lost.

Currently Recruiting WW/Mafia: Logic's Deathloop Mafia and Cazero's Graduates Of Hope's Peak - Danganronpa Mafia

Quote Originally Posted by Xumtiil View Post
    An Abattoir Vecna, if you will.
    My Homebrew