New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Dearest Fiends: The wedding of Prumathe Brignole and Sekhmet Octothorpe

"Yes, it was my idea! I remembered how much you enjoyed flying at the, uh, beach, so, uh, think of wings!" Should Prumathe think about wings, a pair of wings, made with bronze joints, wood structure, and canvas sheeting, will unfold from the back of the pack. "It's enchanted like the, uh, gargoyles, so it should be able to lift you without any, uh, trouble. And I, uh, used some of my magic to make it responsive to, uh, thoughts, so you shouldn't need to say anything to, uh, control it."
    Awesome avatar (Kothar, paladin of Tlacua) by Linkele!

Quote Originally Posted by William Shakespeare, King Lear, IV.i.46
    'Tis the time's plague, when madmen lead the blind.
    My Nexus characters

2. - Top - End - #62
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: Dearest Fiends: The wedding of Prumathe Brignole and Sekhmet Octothorpe

Prumathe thinks of wings, and a pair of articulated wings spring out from his back and his face lights up- even more than it had before. "Oh, my goodness. This is... This is awesome. I want to try them. Can I try them? Do you think anyone will notice?... Do you think anyone who notices will mind? If they mind, can I do it anyway because it's my wedding?" He really wants to give them a go. They're awesome!

And Pontius might start asking Sekhmet for help making more, and paying her more as she gets royalties. Depends on how popular they are.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

3. - Top - End - #63
    Troll in the Playground

Sekhmet grins at Prumathe. "Yes! Let's give them a try!" She spreads her own wings, gets a small running start, and then flies into the air, circling a short distance above the ground. Her wedding dress flaps wildly in the breeze. It's not the most aerodynamic garment she could be wearing. But she doesn't care. She's excited to see how this works out.

My Nexus characters

4. - Top - End - #64
    Orc in the Playground

Prumathe grins and takes a run up and jumps, thinking 'fly, fly, fly!' as he does. The wings of his backpack snap out as he reaches the top of the jump and start flapping, and he laughs like a maniac as he flies upwards and away. "This is the best thing! Thank you, Sekhmet! So, so much!"

5. - Top - End - #65
    Troll in the Playground

"You're welcome! I'm so glad you like them!" Sekhmet's laughing for joy too, keeping pace with Prumathe as he learns to use his new wings. The ground falls away beneath them. "It's so romantic, you and me, uh, up in the sky, with the whole world below us."

My Nexus characters

6. - Top - End - #66
    Orc in the Playground

"This is great! I'd hug you right now, if I didn't think we'd crash." He's not sure his wings are smart enough to get close enough to Sekhmet without hitting her, and that would be bad.

And, because someone has to, he adds: "I can see our house from here!" And points at Sekhmet's cabin. Or what he thinks is Sekhmet's cabin; he might have got it wrong.

7. - Top - End - #67
    Troll in the Playground

"I would hug you too!" Sekhmet knows she couldn't fly that close to someone else without crashing. She laughs at Prumathe's joke. She hasn't heard that one before. He did point to the right cabin. "Race you there!" She dives towards the cabin playfully.

My Nexus characters

8. - Top - End - #68
    Orc in the Playground

Prumathe grins at Sekhmet's laughter, so pleased he was able to make her laugh with such an old joke. Barely counts as a joke; it's more a humorous fossil- much like a dinosaur's arm bone.

He also dives, though he's more cautious than Sekhmet is- if he crashes, he could hurt himself and damage the device he's relying on permanently, and then he'd never get to fly again. She's likely to beat him there.

9. - Top - End - #69
    Troll in the Playground

Sekhmet lands with a flutter just in front of the cabin, but she doesn't boast about her victory. Instead she turns, opens the door, and heads inside with a very deliberate motion. She wants Prumathe to follow. That much is clear.

My Nexus characters

10. - Top - End - #70
    Orc in the Playground

Prumathe lands a little harder, not quite realising how fast he was going. He falls over as a result, but gets up quickly, unharmed. He's about to say something, when he sees what Sekhmet's doing, and blushes and follows.

11. - Top - End - #71
    Troll in the Playground

Sekhmet's just inside the door. "Welcome to, uh, your new home. You, uh, do want to, uh, stay with me, uh, right? She fiddles with the ties on the back of her dress nervously. "Uh, we're married now." Wow, that's still a big thing to think about. "You, uh, know what that means?"

My Nexus characters

12. - Top - End - #72
    Orc in the Playground

"Of course I do. If you'll have me." He gulps as she fiddles with her dress, and takes off his backpack. "Yes, I know, and... I think I do." And probably the curtain will fall soon.

13. - Top - End - #73
    Troll in the Playground

Indeed, once Sekhmet manages to undo the knot on her dress, the curtain does fall, and, if she has her way, will not rise again for some time.

My Nexus characters