A Monster for Every Season: Summer 2
You can get A Monster for Every Season: Summer 2 now at Gumroad
Page 36 of 47 FirstFirst ... 11262728293031323334353637383940414243444546 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,080 of 1382
  1. - Top - End - #1051
    Troll in the Playground
     
    u-b's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Worse Than the Disease IC

    Sean looks at the terminal for any means to enter the response, presumably a keyboard, either separate or on-screen. Assuming there is one, he enters the following message: "Sean Pires, formerly Shelter 44 scout, now leading a group of local enforcement powers. We are after the previous group of trespassers seeking to capture or eradicate them and gater any material evidence they might have with them. Permission is hereby sought to get updated on their status and to enter to extract any remains.".

  2. - Top - End - #1052
    Firbolg in the Playground
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    London, England

    Default Re: Worse Than the Disease IC

    As Richard reads the monitor, a thought comes to mind. "Maybe it's worth mentioning that I was a security officer in 44. The Shelters seem tied in some way or another, so my old credentials might have some effect here."

  3. - Top - End - #1053
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Shoot Da Moon's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2011

    Default Re: Worse Than the Disease IC

    Quote Originally Posted by u-b View Post
    Sean looks at the terminal for any means to enter the response, presumably a keyboard, either separate or on-screen. Assuming there is one, he enters the following message: "Sean Pires, formerly Shelter 44 scout, now leading a group of local enforcement powers. We are after the previous group of trespassers seeking to capture or eradicate them and gater any material evidence they might have with them. Permission is hereby sought to get updated on their status and to enter to extract any remains.".
    The computer does indeed have a keyboard. And a reply function.

    The response on the other end pops up on the screen;
    "SHELTER 44 INHABITANTS AND STAFF ARE GUILTY OF HIGH TREASON. IDENTIFY LOCAL ENFORCEMENT POWERS. PREVIOUS GROUP OF TRESPASSERS ELIMINATED. MATERIAL EVIDENCE DENIED WITHOUT PROOF OF PROPER AUTHORITY. DO NOT ENTER SHELTER UNLESS PERMISSION GRANTED."
    Anachronism will never high-light the folly of my convictions!

  4. - Top - End - #1054
    Firbolg in the Playground
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    London, England

    Default Re: Worse Than the Disease IC

    "...never mind. Treason, huh? Guess that confirms that they know about what's going on out here." Richard looks over at the rangers with them. "Does your organisation have ties to a group of rangers from the old world, or did you just pick a good name? If the former, might be useful here. If the latter, I've got nothing."

  5. - Top - End - #1055
    Troll in the Playground
     
    u-b's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Worse Than the Disease IC

    "Hm." Sean does enter it exactly as "Hm.", then proceeds to type more. "I don't remember being involved in any high treason. At least not to my knowledge. Maybe it happened before I entered service or even before my lifetime?" Sean enters three dates with comments to say which is which: the date he was born, the year he started training and the year he was commissioned as a scout. "In any case, have been exiled from there, so no longer affiliated."

    "The local enforcement powers are militia called Vermont Rangers. They patrol the roads of the state and keep them safe for the public. They have been authorized for this mission by the intelligence division of Gunmetal, which is a city tracing back to Shelter 55, but the authorization was sort of informal, so I'm not sure if you'd call it "proper". Maybe they have something more formal and permanent with them, I'll check. What are entities issuing the authorizations you will accept? Would those by shelters 33, 55 or 66 be any good for this purpose?"

    "Affirmative on not entering Shelter. Do you mind if we take the raider's supplies from these entrance rooms before they start to rot? Do your people need any assistance from the outside? We would be willing to help if we are able. Can we contact you over the radio? We are able to use encrypted text channel if that's what you would prefer."

  6. - Top - End - #1056
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Shoot Da Moon's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2011

    Default Re: Worse Than the Disease IC

    Quote Originally Posted by u-b View Post
    "Hm." Sean does enter it exactly as "Hm.", then proceeds to type more. "I don't remember being involved in any high treason. At least not to my knowledge. Maybe it happened before I entered service or even before my lifetime?" Sean enters three dates with comments to say which is which: the date he was born, the year he started training and the year he was commissioned as a scout. "In any case, have been exiled from there, so no longer affiliated."

    "The local enforcement powers are militia called Vermont Rangers. They patrol the roads of the state and keep them safe for the public. They have been authorized for this mission by the intelligence division of Gunmetal, which is a city tracing back to Shelter 55, but the authorization was sort of informal, so I'm not sure if you'd call it "proper". Maybe they have something more formal and permanent with them, I'll check. What are entities issuing the authorizations you will accept? Would those by shelters 33, 55 or 66 be any good for this purpose?"

    "Affirmative on not entering Shelter. Do you mind if we take the raider's supplies from these entrance rooms before they start to rot? Do your people need any assistance from the outside? We would be willing to help if we are able. Can we contact you over the radio? We are able to use encrypted text channel if that's what you would prefer."
    The person on the other end sends back a reply;
    "SHELTER 44 OVERSEER DECLARED GUILTY OF TREASON 121 YEARS AGO. ENTIRE SHELTER DECLARED ENEMY OF STATE. IF EXILE, MAY CLEAR OF CHARGES. NEED FURTHER INFORMATION."

    The information about the Rangers gets a better reaction;
    "SHELTER 55, 33, & 66 NOT TREASON. ENTER SERIAL NUMBER OF COMMANDING OFFICER TO CONFIRM STATUS? MATERIAL EVIDENCE NOT REQUIRED. ASSISTANCE NOT NEEDED. HOWEVER, NOT ALLOWED GIVE AID TO TREASON."

    Quote Originally Posted by Volthawk View Post
    "...never mind. Treason, huh? Guess that confirms that they know about what's going on out here." Richard looks over at the rangers with them. "Does your organisation have ties to a group of rangers from the old world, or did you just pick a good name? If the former, might be useful here. If the latter, I've got nothing."
    The Vermont Rangers are a militia descended from an Old World US Army base. Maybe the person on the other end sending messages would recognise that authority?

    The last message from the computer comes through;
    "RADIO CONTACT APPROVED."
    The message then lists a radio frequency...

    When the exiles tune to that frequency, they receive a reply...from a text-to-audio machine.
    "RECEIVING RADIO CONTACT, ALLEGED SHELTER 44 EXILES AND VERMONT RANGERS. IDENTIFY COMMANDING OFFICER, SEND SERIAL NUMBER."

    Major Chalmers co-operates, although it takes him giving details of his superiors before the machine voice on the other end is satisfied.
    "VERMONT RANGERS ACCEPTED AS AUTHORIZED MILITARY PRESENCE. CONFIRMED STATUS. ALLEGED SHELTER 44 EXILES, BE ADVISED YOUR SHELTER IS WANTED FOR TREASON DUE TO ACTIONS OF OVERSEER. PLEASE CONFIRM?"
    Anachronism will never high-light the folly of my convictions!

  7. - Top - End - #1057
    Troll in the Playground
     
    u-b's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Worse Than the Disease IC

    Sean replies. "Confirmed. Any specific actions required of us because of that? I assume we are not to cooperate with Shelter 44, but other than that? Can we enter this shelter on the guarantee of Vermont Rangers or would you prefer we stay out of it? We can try to provide more information, within the limits of our knowledge, if that makes any difference."

    Spoiler
    Show
    Voice channel is good to have, but can we also use text channel? This might affect the range over which we can talk to this counterparty in the future.

  8. - Top - End - #1058
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Shoot Da Moon's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2011

    Default Re: Worse Than the Disease IC

    Quote Originally Posted by u-b View Post
    Sean replies. "Confirmed. Any specific actions required of us because of that? I assume we are not to cooperate with Shelter 44, but other than that? Can we enter this shelter on the guarantee of Vermont Rangers or would you prefer we stay out of it? We can try to provide more information, within the limits of our knowledge, if that makes any difference."

    Spoiler
    Show
    Voice channel is good to have, but can we also use text channel? This might affect the range over which we can talk to this counterparty in the future.
    The reply over the radio comes right away;
    "PLEASE DO NOT ENTER THIS SHELTER. PLEASE INPUT NAME AND BIOGRAPHY OF CURRENT SHELTER 44 OVERSEER. PLEASE EXPLAIN MOTIVATION BEHIND SHELTER 44 BETRAYAL. PLEASE EXPLAIN REASON FOR EXILE FROM SHELTER 44. THANK YOU FOR YOUR COOPERATION."

    Spoiler
    Show
    Yes, text channel is also available.
    Anachronism will never high-light the folly of my convictions!

  9. - Top - End - #1059
    Troll in the Playground
     
    u-b's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Worse Than the Disease IC

    Sean enters the reply: "The current overseer is [First Name] Mailer. A notable feature that I do know about is a neck tattoo that she has: it's number 44 plus a serial number. The gangs we are currantly facing also have neck tattoos. History in general and of the overseer in particular are suppressed in the Shelter, so I don't know much of it, only that Mailer has been the overseer for my whole self-conscious life. It is not taught that the Shelter is in a state of treason or rebellion, just that the contact with the other Shelters was lost for some unspecified reason. I was a scout, but had standing orders to avoid the contacts with outside population. Four of us were exiled in one event. The reasons were not officially disclosed. We thought it was a sort of punishment for what we did, even if that sort of punishment seemed unusual, it might be argued somewhat reasonable. I, for one, failed to prevent an outbreak of disease in the scouting party I've lead. Tariq here blew up his apartments and Richard was in vocal opposition against isolationism. I do not know what the fourth exile's hypothesis was, I don't believe she told us. We now strongly suspect these were not the true reasons, at least not the first two, but we don't have solid proofs or anything." Sean also enters as much about Overseer Mailer as he knows, but this, unfortunately, does not constitute a "biography".

    Spoiler
    Show
    What does Sean know about Overseer Mailer? Full name and maybe a regularly celebrated birthday would be a start, but allso other relevant info. Neck tattoo serial number maybe, if it is known. Sean is providing this info, but I want to know it too.

  10. - Top - End - #1060
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Shoot Da Moon's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2011

    Default Re: Worse Than the Disease IC

    Quote Originally Posted by u-b View Post
    Sean enters the reply: "The current overseer is [First Name] Mailer. A notable feature that I do know about is a neck tattoo that she has: it's number 44 plus a serial number. The gangs we are currantly facing also have neck tattoos. History in general and of the overseer in particular are suppressed in the Shelter, so I don't know much of it, only that Mailer has been the overseer for my whole self-conscious life. It is not taught that the Shelter is in a state of treason or rebellion, just that the contact with the other Shelters was lost for some unspecified reason. I was a scout, but had standing orders to avoid the contacts with outside population. Four of us were exiled in one event. The reasons were not officially disclosed. We thought it was a sort of punishment for what we did, even if that sort of punishment seemed unusual, it might be argued somewhat reasonable. I, for one, failed to prevent an outbreak of disease in the scouting party I've lead. Tariq here blew up his apartments and Richard was in vocal opposition against isolationism. I do not know what the fourth exile's hypothesis was, I don't believe she told us. We now strongly suspect these were not the true reasons, at least not the first two, but we don't have solid proofs or anything." Sean also enters as much about Overseer Mailer as he knows, but this, unfortunately, does not constitute a "biography".

    Spoiler
    Show
    What does Sean know about Overseer Mailer? Full name and maybe a regularly celebrated birthday would be a start, but allso other relevant info. Neck tattoo serial number maybe, if it is known. Sean is providing this info, but I want to know it too.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Yes, he does know Overseer Mailer's first name (Sarah), birthday (13 July), a designation number (4R5-67113-02) and so on.


    The reply is...confusing (or enlightening);
    "ERROR, YOUR INFORMATION ABOUT SHELTER 44 OVERSEER CANNOT BE ACCURATE. OVERSEER SARAH MAILER WAS THE RECORDED OVERSEER OF SHELTER 44 AT THE TIME OF THE ORIGINAL TREASON CHARGE, AND WAS FOUND GUILTY OF INSTIGATING THE CRIME. ALL RECORDS OF OVERSEER SARAH MAILER MATCH THE DETAILS OF THE OVERSEER YOU HAVE PROVIDED. THIS CANNOT BE FACTUAL, HUMAN BEINGS DO NOT LIVE OVER 121 YEARS, OVERSEER SARAH MAILER IS BELIEVED TO BE DEAD, ALBEIT STATUS IS NOT CONFIRMED. SHELTER 44 DID NOT LOSE CONTACT WITH OTHER SHELTERS, THE AUTHORITIES OF THE SHELTER ATTEMPTED TO ELIMINATE AND/OR ENSLAVE THE INHABITANTS AND STAFF OF OTHER SHELTERS, IN A TREASONOUS ATTEMPT TO USURP THE SHELTER SYSTEM, COMMITTING AN ILLEGAL ACT OF WAR AGAINTS UNITED STATES GOVERNMENT. SHELTER 44 STAFF ARE GUILTY OF SABOTAGING SHELTER COMMUNICATIONS, AMONG OTHER FEDERAL GOVERNMENT INFRASTRUCTURE."
    Anachronism will never high-light the folly of my convictions!

  11. - Top - End - #1061
    Troll in the Playground
     
    u-b's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Worse Than the Disease IC

    Sean looks at fellow exiles with some additional surprise. That is, with more surprise ontop of all the other surprise he've had so far. "Whoa." He says. Then he enters: "The information as stated appears to be correct as viewed by the general population of Shelter 44. Consider it to be the state of internal propaganda of that Shelter. I have seen the person posing as Overseer Mailer directly without technical means from the distance of [X] yards." Sean looks at Tariq and Richard again to see if they have something to add on that particular matter. Then he switches to other issues. "We are willing to investigate further. Requesting access to non-secret data about treacherous shelters: a list of numbers, locations and other data not including secret intelligence data. Requesting access to the remains and possessions of the eliminated trespassers."

    Thinking more of it, Sean poses a question for Major Chalmes, formulated as such: "Major, what do you know about doppelgangers? Anything solid behind those rumors? Red Brick checks for those, it seems.".
    Last edited by u-b; 2021-09-21 at 08:57 AM.

  12. - Top - End - #1062
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Shoot Da Moon's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2011

    Default Re: Worse Than the Disease IC

    The reply on the radio grates on Sean's nerves, because of the unpleasant mechanical vocalisations;
    "REPORT LOGGED. ERROR, NO INFORMATION AVAILABLE ON OTHER SHELTERS. SABOTAGE FROM SHELTER 44 TRAITORS ERASED DATA. SYSTEMS WILL NEED REPAIR BEFORE INFORMATION CAN BE DISTRIBUTED. PERMISSION FOR TRESPASSERS POSSESSIONS AND BODIES NOT GRANTED. YOU DO NOT HAVE CLEARANCE."

    Major Chalmers sighs, "Yeah, the doppelgangers. We've come across some of them. They're some kind of mutant...Clones of the same man, spawned from who-knows-where, they all look alike and possess various inhuman characteristics. We don't know where they come from."
    Last edited by Shoot Da Moon; 2021-09-22 at 03:00 AM.
    Anachronism will never high-light the folly of my convictions!

  13. - Top - End - #1063
    Troll in the Playground
     
    u-b's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Worse Than the Disease IC

    "Well, that's your turn, Major. Go ahead and either get that clearance or persuade the thing you have one. It seems we have nothing to lose trying that. If you will not succeed, we'll have to turn around. I do not want to start a fight over this. No problem if it clears only your men, we can wait for you here."

  14. - Top - End - #1064
    Orc in the Playground
     
    AssassinGuy

    Join Date
    Oct 2020

    Default Re: Worse Than the Disease IC

    Tariq is certainly startled by the information they've obtained about their Shelter and Overseer. "So, maybe we weren't exiled for screwing up? But if not that, why? And Mailer is either the best preserved 100+ year old ever or some kind of clone?"

    He slumps to the ground while considering the ramifications of this news.

  15. - Top - End - #1065
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Shoot Da Moon's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2011

    Default Re: Worse Than the Disease IC

    Quote Originally Posted by u-b View Post
    "Well, that's your turn, Major. Go ahead and either get that clearance or persuade the thing you have one. It seems we have nothing to lose trying that. If you will not succeed, we'll have to turn around. I do not want to start a fight over this. No problem if it clears only your men, we can wait for you here."
    Sean passes the radio to Major Chalmers, who discusses the situation with the voice on the other end.
    It does not seem to be a productive conservation, as Chalmers doesn't really trust the voice, and the voice keeps asking for more proof of high rank and military authority.

    Eventually, Major Chalmers ends the conversation, passes the radio back, and shakes his head.
    "I can't get permission without jumping through some hoops. It'll take a few days. You guys should leave now and see to your own business, my men and I will stay here in the meantime. Thanks for the help, son."
    Anachronism will never high-light the folly of my convictions!

  16. - Top - End - #1066
    Troll in the Playground
     
    u-b's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Worse Than the Disease IC

    Sean nods. "Fine. We will attend our own business, but we'll keep in touch. Please have us informed about any progress."

    Sean plans and proposes to:
    1. Establish secure text and audio radio communication with Chalmers and his group (given their equipment and background, chances are good they have a military-grade encrypted TL8 radio with them or, failing that, some other type of radio).
    2. Establish secure text and audio radio communication with rangers HQ or what not, if that's not the same as above (we have their freq an callsign, but that would mean calling them in the open; having Chalmers physically with us might give us a possibility to secure that communication for future use, even if he does not have his own secure radio, assuming a military-grade TL8 radio at the HQ).
    3. Tell the Snowbunnies to try getting the raider boss' home base description and location.
    4. Disarm the second (and last) Claymore we have planted here.
    5. Contact Waffle House near Springfield and ask if they still have men needing escort somewhere in the area. If so, drive there and chat with those men.

  17. - Top - End - #1067
    Orc in the Playground
     
    AssassinGuy

    Join Date
    Oct 2020

    Default Re: Worse Than the Disease IC

    Quote Originally Posted by u-b View Post
    Sean nods. [COLOR="#8B4513"]
    Sean plans and proposes to:
    4. Disarm the second (and last) Claymore we have planted here.
    The plans sound good, Tariq disarms the claymore.

  18. - Top - End - #1068
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Shoot Da Moon's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2011

    Default Re: Worse Than the Disease IC

    The Rangers do have a secure radio to communicate.
    The Rangers can give the exiles a contact frequency for their usual intelligence officer, who "takes calls" for HQ. It's not a direct line to the brass, but it suits the exiles' purposes fine.
    Contacting the Snowbunnies gets them an update; the raider boss gave up the location of his superior's hidden outpost. From the exiles' current location, the journey there is 30 miles. The outpost is camouflaged on the side of a mountain.
    Tariq handles the explosive with admirable skill.
    Waffle House confirms the job still needs doing and want help. The Waffle House is 15 miles from the current location.
    Anachronism will never high-light the folly of my convictions!

  19. - Top - End - #1069
    Troll in the Playground
     
    u-b's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Worse Than the Disease IC

    Sean updates major Chalmers about the location of the raiders' outpost. Inquires whether the rangers would like to hit it, presumably after they are done with the shelter and with the exiles also in it. Says will relay more info about the outpost as soon as it is available. Radios the Snowbunnies to ask if they could extract more about the raiders' outpost, like population, defenses and stuff. Asks whether this outpost is main spades' camp or something else and whether main spades' camp is somethere else. Postponing the decision about how to deal with raiders' outpost until we have more info, Sean then plans the road to the Waffle House and drives there to say hello to the leadership and then have a chat with the prospective power plant operators.

  20. - Top - End - #1070
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Shoot Da Moon's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2011

    Default Re: Worse Than the Disease IC

    Major Chalmers notes that he'll need to check with his superiors first, before he goes to another potential combat zone. And he'll be busy with the current situation for days. He appreciates being kept in the loop.

    The Snowbunnies reply that the raiders at the outpost have rifles and a prepared terrain, but the boss has not been at the outpost often enough to really know a lot about it. He thinks there are ten men on duty at the outpost. The outpost gets raiders with lots of different tattoos. He doesn't think it is a "main camp" for anyone but the officer. The "spades" raiders move their camp around every month. He doesn't know where they are now.

    Driving to the Waffle House will take about one hour and 15 minutes. Sean will have to handle the navigation and leading the drive.

    However, as he drives closer to the Waffle House, he sees a crowd of people fighting with each other on the long road where the Old World building stands on the side.
    The building itself has not been molested by the angry mob of people in tightly-wrapped black clothes and strange masks, 30-something strong. The attackers are all armed with shotguns, axes and clubs, and attacking Waffle House security forces. The mob is spread out over the road and the surrounding ruins. Some have ducked into two-story buildings, others are behind car wrecks, others are in close combat.
    Last edited by Shoot Da Moon; 2021-09-23 at 07:51 AM.
    Anachronism will never high-light the folly of my convictions!

  21. - Top - End - #1071
    Troll in the Playground
     
    u-b's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Worse Than the Disease IC

    Sean quickly pulls over the sedan where it would have cover against incoming fire and leave enough space for the pickup to stop nearby. He then gets out of the car, still in his heavier set of armor he has donned to enter the cave. He takes the rifle with him and does his best to take a position crouching behind a corner or the like, aiming at any shotgun-vielding atacker wondering just who these types might be. "No dogs for now, just ready the shotgun." This was apparently for Bart.

  22. - Top - End - #1072
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Shoot Da Moon's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2011

    Default Re: Worse Than the Disease IC

    Bart nods and takes up position with his shotgun ready.

    The attackers are half actively engaging the Waffle House forces, and the other half are taking to ground, probably for a better position.

    Sean can only spot some of the re-positioning attackers. Some have crawled under an old car wreck, others are behind trees, others are crawling in tall grass, others are ducking into ruins.

    The Waffle House forces are holding the line at the gate, with two snipers on top of the roof. Attackers with axes and clubs are brawling in the middle of the road, out in the open.
    Anachronism will never high-light the folly of my convictions!

  23. - Top - End - #1073
    Orc in the Playground
     
    AssassinGuy

    Join Date
    Oct 2020

    Default Re: Worse Than the Disease IC

    Tariq grabs his grenade launcher and tries to see if there is somewhere he could use it that wouldn't threaten the defending force.

  24. - Top - End - #1074
    Firbolg in the Playground
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    London, England

    Default Re: Worse Than the Disease IC

    Hm. This didn't look good. Richard would rather find out more about who these attackers are - they don't immediately look like Gamblers or mutants - but as he watches the situation escalate and sees the rest of the exiles getting ready to fire decides to join them. Once some of them are down and the rest have a reason to rethink the situation, they can start trying to get some to surrender and find out more about the situation.

  25. - Top - End - #1075
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Shoot Da Moon's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2011

    Default Re: Worse Than the Disease IC

    Richard and Sean pop off their shots at the attackers with shotguns.
    Sean's bullet kills a man right in the middle of reloading - het gets him right in the heart!
    Richard, meanwhile, manages an even better kill - his shot practically destroys his target's chest!

    Tariq, waiting on the side, chooses a target for his grenade launcher...
    Anachronism will never high-light the folly of my convictions!

  26. - Top - End - #1076
    Orc in the Playground
     
    AssassinGuy

    Join Date
    Oct 2020

    Default Re: Worse Than the Disease IC

    Tariq fires his grenade launcher at the attackers running to ground, and manages to place the round within a yard of where he was aiming (1 yard further in the line of fire).
    Last edited by GnomesofZurich2; 2021-09-25 at 01:23 PM.

  27. - Top - End - #1077
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Shoot Da Moon's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2011

    Default Re: Worse Than the Disease IC

    The explosion from Tariq's grenade shocks the attackers running away deeply - they did not expect such heavy firepower.

    But, curiously, the bad guys do not seem to be hurt that much by the blast...Instead, the attackers keep running away, getting further into the forest and diving for cover.
    Anachronism will never high-light the folly of my convictions!

  28. - Top - End - #1078
    Troll in the Playground
     
    u-b's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Worse Than the Disease IC

    Sean tries to pick another shotgunner, preferably one not looking like he is about to leave his field of view, to aim at him for three second and shoot next...

  29. - Top - End - #1079
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Shoot Da Moon's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2011

    Default Re: Worse Than the Disease IC

    Sean manages to spy a gunman reloading and blasts him right in the heart, eliminating the bad guy in one shot.

    The attackers still in view now are mostly wielding axes and clubs, brutally assaulting the Waffle House front line.

    Sean counts 9 attackers going toe-to-toe in the middle of the road. He catches only glimpses of the attackers who escaped to the sides.
    Anachronism will never high-light the folly of my convictions!

  30. - Top - End - #1080
    Firbolg in the Playground
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    London, England

    Default Re: Worse Than the Disease IC

    Richard starts moving off to one side, into the woods - he doesn't like the fact that a fair number of the attackers are an unknown right now, so he figures he should go and try to get some eyes on them. He's confident that Tariq's grenades, the defenders and some support from Sean should handle the group in plain sight without him, but right no nobody seemed to be handling the others.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •