New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 41 of 50 FirstFirst ... 163132333435363738394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,230 of 1474
  1. - Top - End - #1201
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Worse Than the Disease IC

Glad for the extra breathing room Sean gave him, Richard steps back and sprays a burst at the two remaining still attacking him.

2. - Top - End - #1202
    Orc in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Hearing the flurry of gunfire, Tariq will poke his head around the corner to scope the situation. Are there any bad guys still up?

3. - Top - End - #1203
    Ogre in the Playground

Richard sprays 11 bullets and kills the last two attackers.

(OC: combat over.)

The dogs make sure the enemies are dead - they tear out the throats of the down-and-out. Bart keeps watch on the floor outside the room, shotgun raised.

Tariq sees the hostiles have been cleared out. But with his luck, they'll be more to come...

The generator in the middle of the room keeps chugging along, many thick wires hooked up to it, and leading out and through walls and floors. Probably supplying power to the building?
    Anachronism will never high-light the folly of my convictions!

4. - Top - End - #1204
    Ettin in the Playground

Sean reloads the rifle with a full mag and glances over the room, trying to estimate the extent to which the generator is portable and if anything else of interest is in plan view. He does not spend the any to properly search it. He then tries to estimate whether the defenders were likely stationed here full-time or gathered as a response to the group's appearance. He then cuts a piece of leather out of some mutant (they are all the same sort mutant, aren't they?) and proceeds to use it to open some other door following the same procedure as with the first one. He does not touch the doorknob with something other than this piece of leather and promptly discards it afterwards.

Spoiler
    Show
    Do we have an idea how powerful (in electric kW and/or mechanic horsepower) and how massive is the generator and whether it has a fuel tank of some capacity or a more stationary feeding system?

5. - Top - End - #1205
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by u-b View Post
    Sean reloads the rifle with a full mag and glances over the room, trying to estimate the extent to which the generator is portable and if anything else of interest is in plan view. He does not spend the any to properly search it. He then tries to estimate whether the defenders were likely stationed here full-time or gathered as a response to the group's appearance. He then cuts a piece of leather out of some mutant (they are all the same sort mutant, aren't they?) and proceeds to use it to open some other door following the same procedure as with the first one. He does not touch the doorknob with something other than this piece of leather and promptly discards it afterwards.

Spoiler
    Show
    Do we have an idea how powerful (in electric kW and/or mechanic horsepower) and how massive is the generator and whether it has a fuel tank of some capacity or a more stationary feeding system?
    The generator takes up a whole 4 square meters of area. It is very heavy, it comes up to a person's waist. The generator has a fuel tank that takes gasoline, and it is apparently half full according to the fuel gauge. The power of the generator is hard to ascertain, thanks to a faded and scratched spec sheet on the side, but it seems it is powerful enough to provide electric power to the whole building...

The dead attackers are all the same type of mutant - they even look alike and resemble the previous wave of would-be raiders at the Waffle House. The gunmen were all armed with Colt Single Action Army revolvers, with five bullets and one brass left in the cylinder. It is hard to tell if they were here for long. They certainly aren't well equipped - they have no other equipment than their weapons and light armor.

Sean can easily open the door to another room with the makeshift leather cover, avoiding the gunk. The next room he looks into is a filthy place riddled with piles of junk and waste. Several desiccated human corpses litter the floor at the back, with mutated animals chewing on them! From what Sean can see, they look vaguely canine or like a wild boar. He can see a giant insectoid creature crawling on the wall, too. Oh boy...

6. - Top - End - #1206
    Ettin in the Playground

Sean frowns. "Cleanse it with... hey, Tariq, how about a short series of two grenades right at the lot?" Sean says this before he estimates if a straight shot of at least 15 yards can be lined up, but after he's said it, he does estimate.

Spoiler
    Show
    Sean would like a rapid series of two 40mm grenades right at the congregation with other shooters lined up to handle any survivors. The question is whether we can line the shot. If not, maybe we can use hand grenades or something. Just sort of afraid one won't be enough.

7. - Top - End - #1207
    Orc in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by u-b View Post
    Sean frowns. "Cleanse it with... hey, Tariq, how about a short series of two grenades right at the lot?" Sean says this before he estimates if a straight shot of at least 15 yards can be lined up, but after he's said it, he does estimate.
    Tariq peeks into the room and then takes a look around to see if they've got enough range to avoid getting caught in the shrapnel and explosion.

Spoiler
    Show
    I'll wait for the GM's feedback on range, but it's doable. The GL has ROF 3, so I can let off two, and with Rcl 2 it's likely they will both hit, even if one misses scatter on it will do something.

8. - Top - End - #1208
    Ogre in the Playground

The room is ten by twelve yards in area. The mutated animals and insects are mostly around the back of the room. It's hard to count with all the trash in the way, but the exiles estimate the horrors are a handful in number. A few giant beetles, almost a dozen of the four-legged things and one or two weird giant roaches.

(OC: The Range penalty for the furthest target is -4.)

9. - Top - End - #1209
    Orc in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Shoot Da Moon View Post
    The room is ten by twelve yards in area. The mutated animals and insects are mostly around the back of the room. It's hard to count with all the trash in the way, but the exiles estimate the horrors are a handful in number. A few giant beetles, almost a dozen of the four-legged things and one or two weird giant roaches.

(OC: The Range penalty for the furthest target is -4.)
    Backing up enough that he figures the grenades will have time to arm, Tariq carefully lines up the shot and then pumps two grenades into the room, both ending up on target.

10. - Top - End - #1210
    Ogre in the Playground

The building is rocked by the two explosions.
    Checking inside afterward, the exiles find the room is cleared of monsters...but filled up with dust, gore and splinters. The building shakes uncertainly as the blasts kick up dirt and crack brick...

(OC: Every one must roll against Per, Per-based Architecture or Urban Survival, whichever is highest, at -6, +2 for Danger Sense, +1 for Perfect Balance. Failure means a mishap from the explosion wrecking the building. Note to self; building tally is at 5.)

11. - Top - End - #1211
    Ogre in the Playground

The exiles all suffer a mishap from the building crumbling a bit as a result of the grenades exploding.
    Sean leans on a wall absentmindedly and it collapses. (OC: Sean takes 1d-2 crushing damage, roll Acrobatics or Escape to avoid getting trapped, roll ST or Escape costing 1 FP per attempt if trapped.)
    Richard also has a wall fall on him. (OC: Same damage and rolls as Sean.)
    Tariq has a huge patch of ceiling fall on him and anyone within 3 yards of him is also underneath the falling rubble! (OC: 2d crushing damage, large area injury (B400), roll Dodge +1 to find DR 3 partial cover, I'm thinking only Richard or Sean is near enough to Tariq (both players roll 1d, whoever is higher must avoid the rubble).)
    Bart the Hunter has a patch of floor fall out from under him, causing his left leg to go through a hole. (OC: Roll DX to avoid 1d-1 crushing damage.)

(OC: Note to self; the tally is now at 5+1+1+2+1 = 10. Must roll for building collapse AFTER every player resolves their situation.)

(OC UPD: Bart takes 4 damage to left leg. What armor did you guys give him again? Sean and Richard tied for ceiling damage, so I'm flipping a coin, it's Richard (5 crushing damage large area injury, I don't think he made his Dodge+1 roll?). I think both Sean and Richard failed to get out of the way, they're both trapped but their DR protects them both. Tariq takes 7 crushing damage - DR, I don't think he made the Dodge +1 roll. The dice got a little angry there...)
    Last edited by Shoot Da Moon; 2021-10-29 at 03:47 AM.

12. - Top - End - #1212
    Orc in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Tariq has a huge patch of ceiling fall on him and anyone within 3 yards of him is also underneath the falling rubble! (OC: 2d crushing damage, large area injury (B400), roll Dodge +1 to find DR 3 partial cover, I'm thinking only Richard or Sean is near enough to Tariq (both players roll 1d, whoever is higher must avoid the rubble).)

(OC UPD: Tariq takes 7 crushing damage - DR, I don't think he made the Dodge +1 roll. The dice got a little angry there...)
    Tariq definitely does not succeed at the dodge roll. His torso DR is 12/5, and he is basically unarmoured elsewhere, so I think he ends up with 5 crushing damage, ouch. Is he also trapped?

13. - Top - End - #1213
    Ogre in the Playground

(OC: Not trapped, no. Your teammates aren't so lucky. Good thing you can help them.)

14. - Top - End - #1214
    Orc in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Tariq takes a moment to assess his own injuries, and then starts to see what he can do to help free his companions. Using his crowbar and/or entrenching tool/folding shovel as seems appropriate, he'll start trying to remove debris pinning them down, taking care not to injure them while doing so.

15. - Top - End - #1215
    Ogre in the Playground

Tariq helps his comrades out of the rubble and dust, despite the ache in his...everywhere.

Bart the Hunter gets his leg out of the hole in the floor, feeling a bit silly for not taking better care in this hostile ruin.

All of the team are now somewhat hurt.

16. - Top - End - #1216
    Ettin in the Playground

With Tariq's help, Sean gets out of the rubble. "Okay, gentlemen, how about a change of plans? This seems a bit too crumbly to continue, to say the truth. Maybe we should have used less of explosives and I do ask for Tariq's expert opinion to be voiced every time I say to blow something up, like... now. I would propose placing all the rest of dynamite under the corners of this generator, wrapping a loop of det cord around the tank, attach one minute worth of time fuse and get out of here. This would prevent three opportunities for us, namely to learn more, to loot the rest of the building and to lose our lives, which, I would say, is a good enough deal. I'll get the dogs down while Richard packs the mutants' weapons."

Spoiler
    Show
    I think Sean is not noticiably hurt. Fatigued two points, but that's it.

The plan involves letting the wreck of the generator fall down at least a floor and maybe more depending on the circumstances, and maybe the gasoline to subsequently burn while we watch this from the other side of the surrounding stone wall.

17. - Top - End - #1217

Thinking it over, Richard nods. "Losing the intel is a pain, but I see your logic. Let's do it." He pauses, thinking. "We might even still be able to get some prisoners - doing the amount of damage to this place you're talking about will probably get the mutants in here that aren't taken out by the building to start running. Could try to capture one if they end up in enough disarray that there are loners to pick off." He shrugs. "Only problem there is that these guys seem to hate surrendering."

18. - Top - End - #1218
    Ogre in the Playground

(OC: That's a workable plan. Tariq, what say you? BTW, the dead gunmen had eight Colt SAA revolvers, all with five pistol bullets and one pistol round brass in it. The melee attackers had two knives and two short rebars. They were all wearing cloth armor.)

19. - Top - End - #1219
    Orc in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Tariq says, "Yeah, this place is starting to look pretty creaky. But sure, if you want to blow this generator, I'm your guy! Might need to find somewhere to lie down after that, though, having the ceiling collapse on you hurts..."

Tariq rigs up the remaining dynamite, wraps the det cord around the generator and sets up the timed fuse. "Okay, time to get out of here."

20. - Top - End - #1220
    Ogre in the Playground

The exiles leave the inside of the ruin, standing on the balcony where the door was, as Tariq gets to work setting up the explosives. Although Tariq succeeds at making it all work, he chooses a somewhat inconvenient time to start the timer - he is just in front of the stairs downward and on his way out, 55 seconds to go before the explosion, when five more bad guys start climbing the stairs and spot him!

At the bottom of the stairs, the attackers are 15 yards from Tariq. The five bad guys are carrying weapons - at least one shotgun, some kind of backpack sprayer...

The other exiles and Bart (the dogs have already been lowered to the ground outside) are on the balcony when Tariq is engaged! They are 10 yards from Tariq.

(OC: I rolled 3d to see what your luck would be, Tariq, the higher the better. You got a 9, so the bad guys do not interrupt your explosives set up or catch you just afterward, your fellow exiles are close enough to help (they didn't climb down without you), but they do catch you before you can flee the building!

Combat time starts. Sean goes first.
    The usual turn order, bad guys last. 55 seconds until the boom.)

21. - Top - End - #1221
    Ettin in the Playground

Not fully informed about the situaton, but hearing a group of people getting up the stairs, Sean decides this should not prevent anyone from climbing down the ladder. As the quickest of the lot, he decides to be the last one out. He readies a flashbang. "Down the ladder, everyone, now!"

22. - Top - End - #1222

Part of Richard doesn't want to leave while the others are still in there, but he decides to follow Sean's order and heads down the ladder.

23. - Top - End - #1223
    Ogre in the Playground

(OC: Tariq, it is your turn now.)

24. - Top - End - #1224
    Orc in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Tariq weighs his options, and decides to try the direct approach. He readies a frag grenade and pulls the pin, but keeps hold of the safety lever to prevent it from arming. Speaking loudly, he says, "Gentlemen, you have less than a minute to exit the building before the explosives I planted blow. The grenade I'm holding is live, so shoot me and then you'll have to deal with it. Your best bet is to back away and get out."

25. - Top - End - #1225
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by GnomesofZurich2 View Post
    Tariq weighs his options, and decides to try the direct approach. He readies a frag grenade and pulls the pin, but keeps hold of the safety lever to prevent it from arming. Speaking loudly, he says, "Gentlemen, you have less than a minute to exit the building before the explosives I planted blow. The grenade I'm holding is live, so shoot me and then you'll have to deal with it. Your best bet is to back away and get out."
    (OC: Readying a grenade and pulling the pin is 2 Ready manoeuvres, if memory serves. Roll Fast Draw skill to pull it off in one turn.)

26. - Top - End - #1226
    Orc in the Playground

AssassinGuy

(OC: Readying a grenade and pulling the pin is 2 Ready manoeuvres, if memory serves. Roll Fast Draw skill to pull it off in one turn.)
    (OC: I don't have it. Perhaps the best he could do is hope they don't see the pin is still in; a pin is pretty small, probably SM-9 or so).

27. - Top - End - #1227
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by GnomesofZurich2 View Post
    (OC: I don't have it. Perhaps the best he could do is hope they don't see the pin is still in; a pin is pretty small, probably SM-9 or so).
    (OC: Okay, we'll go with that. I'll roll their Disadvantages to see if they back off...)

The attackers pause, and then retreat out of the stairs.
    Except for one of them.
    The bad guy with the water sprayer instead moves 5 yards up the stairs, daring Tariq to fight him!

Bart the Hunter stands guard over the ladder, he looks to Sean and Richard for orders.

TURN 2

(OC: Sean...)

28. - Top - End - #1228
    Ettin in the Playground

Sean is still not quite aware of the situation down the stairs, but Tariq with a grenade is, given the circumstances, a worrying enough sight in itself. Sean choses to reiterate that he does not want anyone in here... "Down you two. Cover me from below." Sean pulls the pin of the flashbang grenade while at it.

29. - Top - End - #1229

A little concerned about not seeing people right behind him, but deciding to stick with the plan and not head back up, Richard looks for nearby cover and moves as close to it as he can - he figures that once the others are down, anyone following might start shooting from the building.

30. - Top - End - #1230
    Ogre in the Playground

Bart nods and stops waiting, he goes down the ladder.
    Richard has a good view of the yard in front of the building, so he doesn't think anyone could successfully ambush him...

(OC: Tariq...)