New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 42 of 50 FirstFirst ... 1732333435363738394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,260 of 1474
  1. - Top - End - #1231
    Orc in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Default Re: Worse Than the Disease IC

Tariq backs up towards the ladder, ready to throw himself out of the path of the water sprayer should the guy attack.

(OC: AoD: Dodge)

2. - Top - End - #1232
    Ogre in the Playground

The bad guy keeps advancing up the stairs, apparently trying to make sure Tariq is in range of his weapon.

Bart the Hunter keeps scanning the area, ordering his dogs to sniff for threats.

TURN 3

(OC: Sean, your turn.)
    Anachronism will never high-light the folly of my convictions!

3. - Top - End - #1233
    Ettin in the Playground

Sean is about to roll the grenade onto the stairs, but waits for Tariq to clear some more distance. "How many?"

Spoiler
    Show
    Taking the Wait maneiver. Will Attack the ladder right after Tariq moves.

4. - Top - End - #1234
    Firbolg in the Playground

From his cover outside, Richard waits for the others to appear, ready to fire if they're joined by any of the mutants.

Spoiler
    Show

Wait action, turning it into an Attack if a mutant appears in Richard's view.

5. - Top - End - #1235
    Orc in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by u-b View Post
    Sean is about to roll the grenade onto the stairs, but waits for Tariq to clear some more distance. "How many?"

Spoiler
    Show
    Taking the Wait maneiver. Will Attack the ladder right after Tariq moves.
    Tariq continues backing up, saying, "One on the stairs with some sort of sprayer, four or five more backed off when I pulled out the grenade."

(OC: AoD: Dodge, again).

6. - Top - End - #1236
    Ogre in the Playground

The bad guys moves up another 5 yards, reaching the top of the stairs and onto the landing.

(OC: Sean, you catch sight of the bad guy.)

Bart the Hunter, figuring Richard has him covered, moves across the yard and heads toward the gate.

TURN 4

(OC: Sean...)

7. - Top - End - #1237
    Ettin in the Playground

Sean grabs the rifle, lifts it at the line of aiming and shoots two bullets straight through the mutant's heart. Then he steps out of the doorway.

Spoiler
    Show
    After Tariq's turn the grenage will bo bang on the stairs. If he's still within 10 yards at the time, he will be affected.

8. - Top - End - #1238
    Ogre in the Playground

Sean grabs the rifle, lifts it at the line of aiming and shoots two bullets straight through the mutant's heart. Then he steps out of the doorway.

Spoiler
    Show
    After Tariq's turn the grenage will bo bang on the stairs. If he's still within 10 yards at the time, he will be affected.
    The flashbang explodes on the stairs, shattering the gloom.
    The aggressive dweller with the water sprayer does not see Sean, and pays for his bloody-minded inattentiveness with his life. His limp figure falls down the stairs, trailing his heart's blood.

(OC: Combat over. ~50 seconds left. Tariq, roll self-control to resist the temptation to throw a grenade down the stairs into the ground floor.)

9. - Top - End - #1239
    Orc in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Shoot Da Moon View Post
    The flashbang explodes on the stairs, shattering the gloom.
    The aggressive dweller with the water sprayer does not see Sean, and pays for his bloody-minded inattentiveness with his life. His limp figure falls down the stairs, trailing his heart's blood.

(OC: Combat over. ~50 seconds left. Tariq, roll self-control to resist the temptation to throw a grenade down the stairs into the ground floor.)
    <sigh> Tariq is dissatisfied with the last encounter, and pulls the pin on the grenade he's holding to fling it down the stairs, like someone coming back to an argument an hour later, saying, "...and another thing!"

10. - Top - End - #1240
    Ettin in the Playground

Sean steps back into the doorway to observe the scene again after the flashbang has faded and entertaining a plan to get that sprayer to later take a better look at contents or some such. He sees Tariq not quite just leaving and spends a whole second trying to unerstand the situation and connect Tariq's report of just one mutant, which is now one dead mutant, with Tariq's action of taking the pin out and... Oh, ****!

"No-no-no, Tariq, no!" Exclaims Sean when he finally connects it, but by that time Tariq is already on the verge of throwing the granede, not leaving much time to argue. "Goddamit!" Says Sean seeing the grenade is thrown. He then takes the ladder as fast as he's able and tries to clear come distance from the wall of the building by the time of the bang.

11. - Top - End - #1241
    Ogre in the Playground

Tariq feels a warmth in his chest as he watches the ground floor landing erupt in hellfire. The blast drowns out all other sound, as he can't tell if anyone got caught in the boom. They're all out of sight, and he can not hear their screams.

(OC: What's the damage roll on that grenade?)

Then he follows Sean out to the ladder.
    A few more seconds later, all the exiles have regrouped in the yard outside the building. The gate is still wrecked, open by default.

About 45 seconds left, Tariq guesses...
    Bart the Hunter straightens up as his dogs start barking furiously. They smell something bad...
    Last edited by Shoot Da Moon; 2021-11-06 at 08:23 AM.

12. - Top - End - #1242
    Orc in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Shoot Da Moon View Post
    Tariq feels a warmth in his chest as he watches the ground floor landing erupt in hellfire. The blast drowns out all other sound, as he can't tell if anyone got caught in the boom. They're all out of sight, and he can not hear their screams.

(OC: What's the damage roll on that grenade?)

Then he follows Sean out to the ladder.
    A few more seconds later, all the exiles have regrouped in the yard outside the building. The gate is locked, but it should be easier to disable from this side.

About 45 seconds left, Tariq guesses...
    Bart the Hunter straightens up as his dogs start barking furiously. They smell something bad...
    Tariq feels a bit more satisfied now, it always brings a bit of joy to his heart seeing one of his explosives go off, although he notes that he's running low.

13. - Top - End - #1243
    Ettin in the Playground

Sean takes the dogs' reaction very seriously. He takes a good look at where they seem to be barking and, depending on whether there is something clearly animate that way, prepares for combat or leads the group further away from the building, making sure it is not downwind.

14. - Top - End - #1244
    Ogre in the Playground

Sean spots men skulking on rooftops of neighboring buildings, scanning the yard and the exiles with binoculars. They are dressed in black and carry weapons. He also notices that there are men inside the ground floor of the building, trying to remove the barricades to entrances, obviously attempting to get out to the yard to fight the exiles. The dogs are mostly barking towards the building.

15. - Top - End - #1245
    Ettin in the Playground

Sean gets to the outer side of the wall as quickly as possible. He stops just next to the wrecked gate, safe from the attacks originating inside the yard or from the building that he has just left. Not so safe from the attacks from the surrounding buildings. While thus relocating, he talks and observes. "Inside first floor in the care of Tariq and Bart. Richard and I taking the outside roofs." This was plan A. Sean would like a better plan B, but nothing else comes to mind at the moment. While thinking of this, Sean crouches a little and aims at a guy on the roof, wondering if he can take him out before he ducks out of sight...

Spoiler
    Show
    That would be a lot of action given the situation. I'd say at least three rounds if not more. If the guy does not duck, Sean's shooting next round. He uses iron sights.

I'd like the distances, both to the inside guys and to the outside guys. Also, the counts. Probably nothing good on that tactics roll.

16. - Top - End - #1246

Having already taken cover from the building the others were in as a part of the retreat, Richard focuses on any enemies he'd still be exposed to from his current position.

Spoiler
    Show

Would also like to know where the enemies are, and how many Richard isn't in cover from. Action-wise, aiming while the others get into position and then shooting, exact details depending on the aforementioned information.
    Last edited by Volthawk; 2021-11-06 at 12:49 PM.

17. - Top - End - #1247
    Orc in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Tariq will look around to see what has alerted the others, and readies his grenade launcher.

Spoiler
    Show
    Is he able to see the men on the surrounding buildings' roofs?

18. - Top - End - #1248
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Volthawk View Post
    Having already taken cover from the building the others were in as a part of the retreat, Richard focuses on any enemies he'd still be exposed to from his current position.

Spoiler
    Show

Would also like to know where the enemies are, and how many Richard isn't in cover from. Action-wise, aiming while the others get into position and then shooting, exact details depending on the aforementioned information.
    (OC: The enemies in the building first floor seem to be 5-7 in number. Hiding next to the walls of the yard covers out completely from the guys on roofs.)

Sean gets to the outer side of the wall as quickly as possible. He stops just next to the wrecked gate, safe from the attacks originating inside the yard or from the building that he has just left. Not so safe from the attacks from the surrounding buildings. While thus relocating, he talks and observes. "Inside first floor in the care of Tariq and Bart. Richard and I taking the outside roofs." This was plan A. Sean would like a better plan B, but nothing else comes to mind at the moment. While thinking of this, Sean crouches a little and aims at a guy on the roof, wondering if he can take him out before he ducks out of sight...

Spoiler
    Show
    That would be a lot of action given the situation. I'd say at least three rounds if not more. If the guy does not duck, Sean's shooting next round. He uses iron sights.

I'd like the distances, both to the inside guys and to the outside guys. Also, the counts. Probably nothing good on that tactics roll.
    (OC: The enemies in the building first floor are Range penalty -7. Darkness penalty -4. Guys on roofs are Range penalty -13. 5 seconds have passed.)

(OC: Tariq, you can see the men on the roofs. Range penalty -13.)

19. - Top - End - #1249
    Ettin in the Playground

Sean shoots at a guy on the roof. Then he starts aiming at some other guy there, this time he uses the scope. He is prepared to switch to other targets if everyone on the roof takes cover.

Spoiler
    Show
    1 sec: shot
    3 sec: aim (to be aborted if no targets in sight)

Expecting Bart to shot at least once, with darkness -1 because of collimating sight.
    Last edited by u-b; 2021-11-07 at 02:25 AM.

20. - Top - End - #1250
    Ogre in the Playground

Sean's shot hits the mark and takes out the observer on the rooftop. Everyone else on the rooftops all immediately duck out of sight, panicking at the gunfire.

In the meantime, the men inside the ruin dismantle half of the barricade over the entrance.

Bart the Hunter fires his shotgun at one of them.
    (OC: Players, roll for Bart, you have the full stats for the shotgun. Guns Skill-13. Light cover -2, darkness -1, range -7, +Acc+2, +1 AoA. I believe the damage is slug, 5d Pi++?)

21. - Top - End - #1251

Once he sees the others are ready, Richard starts firing, a burst from his rifle joining Sean's against the mutants on the roof, before he flicks on his rifle's torch and starts firing bursts at the mutants demolishing the barricade.

Spoiler
    Show

OK, going pretty fast on combat time here, and I hadn't done actions yet since I was waiting for an answer in OOC, so catching up with Richard's actions now. Given that my question about the flashlight got no response from the GM, assuming the worst case scenario - that turning it on is an action, and turning it on in the middle of an aim->fire sequence is no good.

So Richard was firing when Sean got to cover, I suppose at the same time Sean fired, will roll that in a second. Targeting one of the roof mutants (since this was before they dropped out of sight), full aim but also full penalties.

Since then, there's been three seconds (the time covered by the last two posts since Sean's attack, going off u-b's last post). Richard will turn on the flashlight in one second, aim for a second at one of the mutants demolishing the barricade, and then fire as an All-Out Attack with the third. The barricade enemies may have to roll to avoid being blinded by the light (as it's a Tactical Light, HT52, if they look directly at the light - so looking at Richard, I suppose - they need to make a HT-4 test or be blinded for 10 seconds times the margin of failure).

Over the next two seconds (the ones Sean's spending observing), Richard's going to do another aim+AoO at a barricade mutant (same target as the first one if it didn't drop them, and assuming they don't pull back enough after the first attacj that he can't get a second).
    Last edited by Volthawk; 2021-11-07 at 12:28 PM.

22. - Top - End - #1252
    Orc in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Tariq decides the mutants demolishing the barricade are a much more immediate threat, and aims his grenade launcher at them.

Spoiler
    Show
    He will Aim for 3 turns, and then take a Wait maneuver to trigger when they break-through, because he doesn't want his grenades to help them demolish the barricades.

23. - Top - End - #1253
    Ogre in the Playground

Bart fires his shotgun at one of the men in the building, dismantling the barricade. He hits, and the target eats a slug right in the chest. The target drops out of sight immediately.

Quote Originally Posted by Volthawk View Post
    Once he sees the others are ready, Richard starts firing, a burst from his rifle joining Sean's against the mutants on the roof, before he flicks on his rifle's torch and starts firing bursts at the mutants demolishing the barricade.

Spoiler
    Show

OK, going pretty fast on combat time here, and I hadn't done actions yet since I was waiting for an answer in OOC, so catching up with Richard's actions now. Given that my question about the flashlight got no response from the GM, assuming the worst case scenario - that turning it on is an action, and turning it on in the middle of an aim->fire sequence is no good.

So Richard was firing when Sean got to cover, I suppose at the same time Sean fired, will roll that in a second. Targeting one of the roof mutants (since this was before they dropped out of sight), full aim but also full penalties.

Since then, there's been three seconds (the time covered by the last two posts since Sean's attack, going off u-b's last post). Richard will turn on the flashlight in one second, aim for a second at one of the mutants demolishing the barricade, and then fire as an All-Out Attack with the third. The barricade enemies may have to roll to avoid being blinded by the light (as it's a Tactical Light, HT52, if they look directly at the light - so looking at Richard, I suppose - they need to make a HT-4 test or be blinded for 10 seconds times the margin of failure).

Over the next two seconds (the ones Sean's spending observing), Richard's going to do another aim+AoO at a barricade mutant (same target as the first one if it didn't drop them, and assuming they don't pull back enough after the first attacj that he can't get a second).
    Richard feels the recoil in his arms as he lets it rip. A man on the rooftops is hit and goes down in bloody twisting.
    The attackers behind the barricade and inside the ruin fare no better against his wrath. One is shot in the heart and falls down. Then he fires again, and takes out another man.

The 2 remaining ruins dwellers get the hint, and quickly abandon the entrance barricade, dropping out of sight and into the depths of the building.

Quote Originally Posted by GnomesofZurich2 View Post
    Tariq decides the mutants demolishing the barricade are a much more immediate threat, and aims his grenade launcher at them.

Spoiler
    Show
    He will Aim for 3 turns, and then take a Wait maneuver to trigger when they break-through, because he doesn't want his grenades to help them demolish the barricades.
    Tariq stands on guard, eyeing the now empty barricades. He times the countdown as 35-30 seconds left.

24. - Top - End - #1254
    Ettin in the Playground

Sean takes another look for targets of opportunity, then he looks for a building to storm next. Preferably one which is neither downwind nor has all entrances barricaded. When he chooses, or fails to choose, such a building, he makes another scan for the mutants.

Assuming the fighting directed inside does not resume in that time, and no targets are seen, he says "Mine side is clear. Let's go."

25. - Top - End - #1255

Richard returns his focus to the other rooftops, sweeping his light across them as he keeps alert for anyone confident enough to get back in sight. "Let's wait for the bombs to go off in this building before we move on to another. Probably going to get some survivors coming out here, and if they still have some fight in them, I'd rather not have mutants from behind and in front at the same time."

26. - Top - End - #1256
    Orc in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Tariq says, "I'm ready to blast any mutants coming out from those barricades - they don't much in the way of good choices here."

27. - Top - End - #1257
    Ogre in the Playground

All is quite enough, no more people present themselves - in the ruin or on the rooftops.

Sean, Richard, Tariq and Bart scan the area without any threats approaching them.

The dogs return to Bart's side, now calm.

30 seconds later, the room in the building's upper floor explodes in a massive fireball. It quickly wrecks the place, spreading a huge fire...

28. - Top - End - #1258
    Orc in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Tariq really tries to hold his concentration on the barricades and the possibility of mutants breaking out, but he is significantly distracted by the explosion and flames, losing sight of his objective for the moment. In a hushed voice, "So beautiful..."

Spoiler
    Show
    Failed a Pyromania roll, 16 on self-control 12. I figure this cancels his Wait maneuver and Aim.
    Last edited by GnomesofZurich2; 2021-11-09 at 05:47 PM.

29. - Top - End - #1259
    Ettin in the Playground

Sean also observes the scenery, if only with a more practical intent. "I think the generator indeed fell all the way down and the fire might be enough to finish the building. Good work, Tariq. I think we are sort of done here, unless we want to observe it to the end, which might be fun, but not very practical as far as getting out of town after that is concerned." Sean goes around the corner of the wall to loot the guy that was the first casualty of the party's attack and then plans to take the group with him on his way out of town.

Spoiler
    Show
    If we stay to watch, I would suggest taking control of some other building. This would probably increase the probability and/or severity of an ambush on our way out.

30. - Top - End - #1260
    Ogre in the Playground

Walking back to the man they killed, Sean finds the corpse has been looted while the exiles were in the building. It has been stripped naked, even, exposing the horrid deformed body under the clothes. The guard was a mutant, closely resembling those who attacked the Waffle House.