New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 15 of 50 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314151617181920212223242540 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #421
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Worse Than the Disease OOC

Tariq, what are you going to do today?

Everyone roll their HT to recover HP, I guess.
    Anachronism will never high-light the folly of my convictions!

2. - Top - End - #422
    Orc in the Playground

AssassinGuy

How many more HP does everyone else need to recover? Tariq is now at full, but he has nothing really pressing to do. I guess he can spend some time familiarizing himself with the car (what does it use for fuel and how much do we have available?), but he probably shouldn't go exploring the Gutter by himself.

3. - Top - End - #423
    Ettin in the Playground

He can pair with Simone and try to open the drains. Then we'll have more rooms to search and scrounge. Sean it 3 hit points from the max.
    Last edited by u-b; 2021-03-01 at 10:50 PM.

4. - Top - End - #424
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by GnomesofZurich2 View Post
    (what does it use for fuel and how much do we have available?)
    The car uses gasoline, and there are two gallons of gasoline in the garage.

5. - Top - End - #425
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Shoot Da Moon View Post
    The car uses gasoline, and there are two gallons of gasoline in the garage.
    We have requested extra fuel from the Waffle House, which was presumably brought in. Also, the men probably use petrol for their cars and generator. We should be able to buy some from them. What would be the price and the quantity available and how much do we need to drive to Gunmetal and back?

6. - Top - End - #426
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by u-b View Post
    We have requested extra fuel from the Waffle House, which was presumably brought in. Also, the men probably use petrol for their cars and generator. We should be able to buy some from them. What would be the price and the quantity available and how much do we need to drive to Gunmetal and back?
    The men brought 10 gallons of gasoline for you.

A gallon of gasoline costs $6 (1.50x4) and weighs 6 pounds.

The men are reluctant to part with their own stock of gasoline. If pressed, they can spare 5 gallons without any big problems.

Gunmetal is 55 miles from the radar base, double that for a return trip...You noted down the stats for the Sedan, including flaws? I can double-check the stats for you?

7. - Top - End - #427
    Ogre in the Playground

Just checked.
    The gas tank holds a max of 12 gallons.
    A full tank gets the car travelling up to Range distance total.
    The Move stat Top Speed doubled for MpH (55x2) times the terrain modifier (0.1 for deep snow) gives the hourly travel distance.

So the sedan can travel 11 miles per hour at cruising speed.

8. - Top - End - #428
    Ettin in the Playground

So, speed-wise we are golden. As for the range. Is it reduced by the same deep snow modifier? Because 450*0.1 is not that much. But if it is completely unaffected, 450 miles would be way more than enough.

9. - Top - End - #429
    Ogre in the Playground

So, speed-wise we are golden. As for the range. Is it reduced by the same deep snow modifier? Because 450*0.1 is not that much. But if it is completely unaffected, 450 miles would be way more than enough.
    No, Range is basically the fuel mileage stat. Deep snow just makes the journey take longer.

10. - Top - End - #430
    Firbolg in the Playground

How many more HP does everyone else need to recover? Tariq is now at full, but he has nothing really pressing to do. I guess he can spend some time familiarizing himself with the car (what does it use for fuel and how much do we have available?), but he probably shouldn't go exploring the Gutter by himself.
    Richard's at 8/12 - not fully recovered, but healthy enough to support anyone doing anything risky if need be.

11. - Top - End - #431
    Ettin in the Playground

Sean transports the findings and is done with day 27.

12. - Top - End - #432
    Ettin in the Playground

(OOC: The steel vest stats are torso DR 5F, weight 7 lbs., worth $300 (150x2).)
    That's a nice one. The problem is Sean's outfit includes Leather Jacket, which has DR1 and is, therefore, armor. Steel Vest has a note on HT66 that it is concealable under clothing, but according to B286 doing that with a Leather Jacket is (1) impossible, as the inner layer is not flexible and (2) would impose -1 to DX even if would be possible. Am I reading it right? If so, does anybody else want it?
    Last edited by u-b; 2021-03-05 at 12:02 PM.

13. - Top - End - #433

That's a nice one. The problem is Sean's outfit includes Leather Jacket, which has DR1 and is, therefore, armor. Steel Vest has a note on HT66 that it is concealable under clothing, but according to B286 doing that with a Leather Jacket is (1) impossible, as the inner layer is not flexible and (2) would impose -1 to DX even if would be possible. Am I reading it right? If so, does anybody else want it?
    Richard's also wearing a leather jacket, so he's in the same situation as Sean. Still, I'd take 5 torso/0 arm armour over 1 torso/1 arm armour, so sure if it's going spare Richard will take it.

14. - Top - End - #434
    Orc in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Tariq has no armour, but if Richard ditches his leather jacket for the vest, he'd be happy to take that off his hands.

What does Sean have in mind for traps for the Gutter? I've still got 7 claymores, and that should be a pretty effective deterrent.
    Last edited by GnomesofZurich2; 2021-03-05 at 04:30 PM.

15. - Top - End - #435
    Ogre in the Playground

Steel Vest has a note on HT66 that it is concealable under clothing, but according to B286 doing that with a Leather Jacket is (1) impossible, as the inner layer is not flexible and (2) would impose -1 to DX even if would be possible. Am I reading it right? If so, does anybody else want it?
    Yeah, that's right.
    Also, have you other players been forgetting to roll HT to recover HP from rest?

16. - Top - End - #436
    Ettin in the Playground

What does Sean have in mind for traps for the Gutter? I've still got 7 claymores, and that should be a pretty effective deterrent.
    Not for the Gutter. There was an underwater access to the base which, without the water now, is just a regular access. I don't think we need all 7 claimores for that, about 3 should be enough.

Tariq has no armour, but if Richard ditches his leather jacket for the vest, he'd be happy to take that off his hands.
    Go for it, you two. Sean would freeze to death without his jacket, so will delay getting armored until Gunmetal.
    Last edited by u-b; 2021-03-06 at 12:43 AM.

17. - Top - End - #437
    Ogre in the Playground

Wanna move on to the next day?

18. - Top - End - #438
    Ettin in the Playground

Wanna move on to the next day?
    No objections.

19. - Top - End - #439

That healing puts Richard at 10/12 HP - he's nearly ready to go.

20. - Top - End - #440
    Ettin in the Playground

OOC: What is the price of the rifles?
    By my calculation, the rifle prices are as follows:
    1. .338 Sniper Rifle, without the scope, is around 86000 (5600*16-150*3*8), which possibly gives us 51600 (unless we have to roll for it, which I would rather pass, because I would prefer to have less variance for this transaction)
    2. Springfield M14 from High Tech with plain Basic Set quality adjustments should be around 9600 apiece (600*2*8; this is cheap, and this is the reason I am going for this as the first option)

With no grenade launcher we can request quite a lot of other gear. I will assemble my proposal of the complete list eventualy, but I do want to have people's preferences first. Do we want...
    1. Armor? Sean will check what they have in corresponding price range.
    2. Fancy rounds? Sean will check what they have, including Match-Grade Rifle Cartridges and up to APDSDU+P Rifle Cartridges.
    3. Steering parts for our car?
    4. Assorted trade goods to sell in Gunmetal in exchange for a granade launcher?
    5. IR Targeting Laser for a Shoulder Arm? (this would be for Sean, if he can see the dot, and only if we don't buy enough other stuff; the game says you need Night Vision to see the dot - Sean has some, but will check if it is the right kind before he is to by the expensive thingie)

Sean would suggets going for optics + bipod on his rifle and for Collimating Sight + Large Tactical Light on Richard's rifle. Anyway, now that Tariq is left without a good gun, it's his first pick on up to $20k worth of gear.

The heated clothing costs $2200 (550x4), weighs 6 lbs., batteries are M/8 hrs. The medium batteries cost $20 (5x4) and weigh 2 lbs. each.
    That is acceptable. I presume it's full-body, not just a vest. (UPD: found it on HT74) Can we have that clothing in woodlands camouflage? The batteries look a bit cheap-ish though. Are they non-rechargeable? Sean would want something rechargeable and a set of chargers for solar / grid / car energy.
    Last edited by u-b; 2021-03-08 at 12:52 PM.

21. - Top - End - #441
    Orc in the Playground

AssassinGuy

With no grenade launcher we can request quite a lot of other gear. I will assemble my proposal of the complete list eventualy, but I do want to have people's preferences first. Do we want...
    1. Armor? Sean will check what they have in corresponding price range.
    2. Fancy rounds? Sean will check what they have, including Match-Grade Rifle Cartridges and up to APDSDU+P Rifle Cartridges.
    3. Steering parts for our car?
    4. Assorted trade goods to sell in Gunmetal in exchange for a granade launcher?
    5. IR Targeting Laser for a Shoulder Arm? (this would be for Sean, if he can see the dot, and only if we don't buy enough other stuff; the game says you need Night Vision to see the dot - Sean has some, but will check if it is the right kind before he is to by the expensive thingie)

Sean would suggets going for optics + bipod on his rifle and for Collimating Sight + Large Tactical Light on Richard's rifle. Anyway, now that Tariq is left without a good gun, it's his first pick on up to $20k worth of gear.
    My vote is for car parts. Tariq's first choice in armour is not being in the line of fire, and carrying less and retaining mobility to dodge is preferable to be struck and hoping the armour will make a difference. The grenade launcher would be nice to have, but he can throw grenades up to 38 yards, and most of our encounters are shorter range than that - if we can get one in Gunmetal, that will be fine.

22. - Top - End - #442

Armour-wise, using the Springfield instead of the cartridge rifle Richard's just into light encumbrance for his combat load, so I'm in two minds. I could either shave off some weight (by not using the shortsword and having either no melee or the baton/knife, for instance) to stay with current armour and no encumbrance in combat, or I could look for better armour and accept that I'll be in light encumbrance with my combat load in exchange for being that little bit tougher and being able to carry more stuff. Let's have a look, anyway - they might have something worth getting.

Car parts feel important if they have them, yeah.

Wouldn't turn down those weapon modifications, but ammo-wise it might be worth focusing on getting a good amount of normal rifle rounds over fancy ones - we're going up from single-shot rifles to semi-autos with 20-round mags, after all, and looking at the loot sheet we don't currently have enough bullets to fully load both rifles, and $100 for a full load of regular ammo isn't too bad. Obviously we'll still want to be conservative with ammo and avoid fights/end them quickly, but given what's already happened I'd feel better knowing we're prepared for a more drawn-out conflict given we know there are large enough raider bands for that to be a concern.

Might also be worth trying to get a speedloader for Tariq to use with his SAA, to compensate for it having lower ammo capacity than the rifles.

23. - Top - End - #443
    Ettin in the Playground

M14 would weight about the same as Remington. Collimating sight is only half a pound (there are even lighter varieties, but more expensive). Tactical light is either 2 or 0.5 pounds, depending on TL, and we can go for higher TL one no problem, just hope it would be available. On the plus side, the arrangement will completely negate any darkness penalties and you won't really need a second weapon besides a reliable full-auto gun anyway. Another way to shave weight is to buy lighter armor. Early Concealable Vest is 2.5 pounds. At 8/2* it's marginally effective against shrapnel and pistols and, being concealable, will not suggest targeting other locations. We probably cannot afford good armor at the moment. At least, not with buying car parts and stuff.

Absolutely buying normal bullets, and likely more than all other kinds, just did not say it because that is the default.

UPD: What are the radios at the radar base, the Waffle House and the former shelters? Are those Large TL8 radios as per HT38 or something else? Are they equipped with Long-Range Antenna option and/or are capable of (semi)automatic texting?
    Last edited by u-b; 2021-03-08 at 12:04 PM.

24. - Top - End - #444

M14 would weight about the same as Remington.
    Yes, but you've got the Remington right now. I've currently got the Catridge Rifle, which is 6lb to the M14's 10.9lbs, and those 4.9lbs would put my combat load over.

Collimating sight is only half a pound (there are even lighter varieties, but more expensive). Tactical light is either 2 or 0.5 pounds, depending on TL, and we can go for higher TL one no problem, just hope it would be available. On the plus side, the arrangement will completely negate any darkness penalties and you won't really need a second weapon besides a reliable full-auto gun anyway. Another way to shave weight is to buy lighter armor. Early Concealable Vest is 2.5 pounds. At 8/2* it's marginally effective against shrapnel and pistols and, being concealable, will not suggest targeting other locations. We probably cannot afford good armor at the moment. At least, not with buying car parts and stuff..
    After considering it, I think I'm fine to just be in light encumbrance. Sure, it has penalties but I think I prefer having the gear, and being able to carry a few more bits in combat without shaving off weight might be handy. With that in mind, I would like to see if they have any decent arm armour, since they're currently unarmoured - sure, high TL stuff is probably impractical, but some mail sleeves are just $70 and will give more DR than I had before.
    Last edited by Volthawk; 2021-03-08 at 12:53 PM.

25. - Top - End - #445
    Ogre in the Playground

That is acceptable. I presume it's full-body, not just a vest. (UPD: found it on HT74) Can we have that clothing in woodlands camouflage? The batteries look a bit cheap-ish though. Are they non-rechargeable? Sean would want something rechargeable and a set of chargers for solar / grid / car energy.
    The heated clothing is full body, yes. The camouflage is not heated, you would have to wear it over the heated stuff. The batteries are not rechargeable. Rechargeable batteries would be more expensive. And a recharger would it's own cost as well.

UPD: What are the radios at the radar base, the Waffle House and the former shelters? Are those Large TL8 radios as per HT38 or something else? Are they equipped with Long-Range Antenna option and/or are capable of (semi)automatic texting?
    Yeah, it is the HT38 radio. Equipped with a long range antenna.

26. - Top - End - #446
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Volthawk View Post
    Might also be worth trying to get a speedloader for Tariq to use with his SAA...
    I've checked with my notes and it seems Tariq should already have three.

Yeah, it is the HT38 radio. Equipped with a long range antenna.
    Does a long range antenna do any good when communicating with smaller radios? By rules, it seems the only paramerer of the larger lario that matters for communication with a smaller radio is it's size, while the actual range, as dependent of TL and antenna, is irrelevant. The rules say it's possible to get more range by texting, so I'm thinking if we could use that without learning any radio ops, just SMS-like.

27. - Top - End - #447
    Ogre in the Playground

The base's radio is usually used to communicate with similiarly big radios, but it can send messages to smaller set-ups if it knows the right frequency.

Can the whole party finalise their shopping list and what they are selling as soon as possible, please? In particular, pay attention to the prices, make sure your goods are enough for what you want to buy.

28. - Top - End - #448
    Orc in the Playground

AssassinGuy

I've checked with my notes and it seems Tariq should already have
    That's correct.

29. - Top - End - #449
    Ogre in the Playground

Oh, and the traders are selling empty gun magazines, too. Should have mentioned that earlier.

30. - Top - End - #450
    Ettin in the Playground

I'll try to finalize a list some time today. Yes, buying some of those magazines.