New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 13 of 50 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415161718192021222338 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #361
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Worse Than the Disease OOC

Quote Originally Posted by u-b View Post
    I'm thinking about letting Simone have the flamer. Before the sniper rifle it was our biggest asset, but now - not so much. The sniper rifle should be enough to get everyone a $10k weapon and some minor gear. The next thing to want would be serious armor, but good armor is very expensive and one flamer would not buy even one suit. She can train now before the second attack using some petrol instead of real fuel. Also would count as her share of the loot. What do you think?
    Yeah, that makes sense. Does that mean we're taking the shotgun back, or is she keeping that too?

Oh, GM, what kind of armour did these guys have, out of curiosity? I know we can't use it, but it feels good to know for when we start shooting more of them.
    Last edited by Volthawk; 2021-02-07 at 07:55 AM.

2. - Top - End - #362
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Volthawk View Post
    Yeah, that makes sense. Does that mean we're taking the shotgun back, or is she keeping that too?
    I don't care much either way. If she's spent a point it's worth letting her keep it, but you can use it next combat if you intend to (would it be the same default as the rifle?) because I want her use the flamer for that one.

3. - Top - End - #363
    Ogre in the Playground

Oh, GM, what kind of armour did these guys have, out of curiosity? I know we can't use it, but it feels good to know for when we start shooting more of them.
    Looks like some of them had decent armour...once. Before the land mines exploded near them and tore it up. It saved their lives, probably, but the armour was wrecked in the process.
    Anachronism will never high-light the folly of my convictions!

4. - Top - End - #364

Quote Originally Posted by Shoot Da Moon View Post
    Looks like some of them had decent armour...once. Before the land mines exploded near them and tore it up. It saved their lives, probably, but the armour was wrecked in the process.
    Gotcha. As I said, I knew it was destroyed, just wanted to confirm that their guys have pretty decent armour as far as we can tell.

5. - Top - End - #365
    Ogre in the Playground

Gotcha. As I said, I knew it was destroyed, just wanted to confirm that their guys have pretty decent armour as far as we can tell.
    Only a few of them. The rest had no armour. And died. (Except for the sniper and his motorcyclist, who got lucky.)

6. - Top - End - #366
    Ettin in the Playground

The techies in the radio room send the message to Red Brick.

(OOC: Anything else before we move on to the next day?)
    Err... to the Waffle House as per #394? Where did they sent the message?

I think Tariq wanted to craft something. Sean can name impact fuses for grenades and various marketable explosives to craft if Tariq has no better idea.

No more actions for Sean on days 19 and 20, just maybe checking with the radio guys for the anticipated response.

7. - Top - End - #367

I think Richard's all done with the repairs he can do here and now, so further days will be spent resting for health and keep watch.

Is it worth remining the field? They'll know it's there, but at least if we remine it they won't be able to follow the previous explosions to get past it.

The prisoners mentioned spies were watching the building to confirm we were there. Should we go looking for them, assume they pulled out before the attack/after it failed, or do we just not want to risk catching a bullet if they spot us first?

8. - Top - End - #368
    Orc in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Replacing the mines that exploded would be a good idea. I think something like the OZM-3 from High-Tech p.189 might be even better than the existing ones - lower base damage (5d) but 4d fragmentation, which means it has effect out to 20 yards.

I'll use one of my sticks of dynamite for the explosives (base value $20, doubled for being used for other explosives) as well as $8 worth of junk, and see how many I can assemble. I subtracted the junk and dynamite from the spreadsheet.

Okay, I succeeded by 12, doubled and subtracting from my bugs roll gives -16, so that means he produced 5 bugs-free OZM-3 analogues in a bit under 3 hours.

How many mines were detonated earlier? Just wondering if he needs to make more.
    Last edited by GnomesofZurich2; 2021-02-09 at 04:45 PM.

9. - Top - End - #369
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by GnomesofZurich2 View Post
    Replacing the mines that exploded would be a good idea. I think something like the OZM-3 from High-Tech p.189 might be even better than the existing ones - lower base damage (5d) but 4d fragmentation, which means it has effect out to 20 yards.

I'll use one of my sticks of dynamite for the explosives (base value $20, doubled for being used for other explosives) as well as $8 worth of junk, and see how many I can assemble. I subtracted the junk and dynamite from the spreadsheet.

Okay, I succeeded by 12, doubled and subtracting from my bugs roll gives -16, so that means he produced 5 bugs-free OZM-3 analogues in a bit under 3 hours.

How many mines were detonated earlier? Just wondering if he needs to make more.
    Well, the minefield before the attack had 20 mines, I think 1/5 of them blew up during the attack...

How many new explosives total have you planted so far?

10. - Top - End - #370
    Ettin in the Playground

The prisoners mentioned spies were watching the building to confirm we were there. Should we go looking for them, assume they pulled out before the attack/after it failed, or do we just not want to risk catching a bullet if they spot us first?
    I wouldn't go anywhere. In fact, I'm not even sure the "spies" were different people from the "Sinful Nature" guys. Let them come when they see fit.

(OOC: Day 19 ends, everyone should mark off 3 meals for the day.)
    Done.

As for day 20, Sean and Richard have failed HT rolls so should waste a day of healing. This was interrupted by the interrogation, but now would be a good time to catch up.

11. - Top - End - #371
    Ogre in the Playground

As for day 20, Sean and Richard have failed HT rolls so should waste a day of healing. This was interrupted by the interrogation, but now would be a good time to catch up.
    Yup. Tariq, however, is free to do some stuff. Something fun and risky, I'll bet!

12. - Top - End - #372
    Orc in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Well, the minefield before the attack had 20 mines, I think 1/5 of them blew up during the attack...

How many new explosives total have you planted so far?
    I salvaged 2 earlier, and if 1/5 (4) blew up during the attack, and I've planted 5, then I guess 1 more?

13. - Top - End - #373
    Orc in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Using $48 of junk, Tariq puts together another 3 mines in 40 minutes. He is going to plant one in the mine field. Still deciding what to do with the other two.

14. - Top - End - #374
    Ogre in the Playground

Using $48 of junk, Tariq puts together another 3 mines in 40 minutes. He is going to plant one in the mine field. Still deciding what to do with the other two.
    Alright, what else do you do on Day 20?

15. - Top - End - #375
    Orc in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Alright, what else do you do on Day 20?
    After speaking with Richard and Sean, he'll take the advice given and go to plant a mine on the hill...and since he has another, might as well plant two. Tariq is going to take his time to conceal them well, spending 8x the usual time to get +3 to his Set Traps (Explosives) roll, succeeding by 9.

16. - Top - End - #376
    Ogre in the Playground

After speaking with Richard and Sean, he'll take the advice given and go to plant a mine on the hill...and since he has another, might as well plant two. Tariq is going to take his time to conceal them well, spending 8x the usual time to get +3 to his Set Traps (Explosives) roll, succeeding by 9.
    Alright, moving onto the next day?

17. - Top - End - #377
    Ogre in the Playground

Just a reminder, the meals you got from hunting animals usually last a week unless you convert them to jerky. What many meals total do you have right now, anyway?

18. - Top - End - #378
    Ettin in the Playground

Just a reminder, the meals you got from hunting animals usually last a week unless you convert them to jerky. What many meals total do you have right now, anyway?
    (OOC: Another 3 meals per person consumed for the day.)
    Assuming it's still freezing cold, can we just keep them frozen? Like hanging from the building's north side or what not. I have assumed we can and that's why I was not more active in cooking them.

Subtracting 22 meals for day 20 (1 for Sean + 9 for the party + 12 for the prisoners). This leaves us with 144 meals, not counting anything more durable.

19. - Top - End - #379
    Ogre in the Playground

Assuming it's still freezing cold, can we just keep them frozen? Like hanging from the building's north side or what not. I have assumed we can and that's why I was not more active in cooking them.
    Packing them in with a bunch of ice could work if you had a big enough container for it all (like a...fridge). Hanging the meat off the side of the building would put it at risk of animals getting at them.

20. - Top - End - #380
    Ettin in the Playground

Then I guess we can let Simone cook it all to make jerky. Will she take on the task?

21. - Top - End - #381
    Ogre in the Playground

Then I guess we can let Simone cook it all to make jerky. Will she take on the task?
    Certainly. Here's hoping it doesn't attract any...animals...

22. - Top - End - #382
    Ettin in the Playground

The techs in the radio room give Sean what messages they've received so far; one crazy conspiracy theorist is claiming to have proof that the Shelters are a grand conspiracy to commit genocide, another report of a nighttime traveler spotting the ghost of Ethan Allen, leader of The Green Mountain Boys, on The Long Trail, and discussions of a rumor that the virus was really a magical curse.
    So, no specific instructions following #392i?

23. - Top - End - #383
    Ogre in the Playground

So, no specific instructions following #392i?
    They received the message and passed it along to the leadership. Currently, they are not giving you any new orders. Are you releasing the prisoners?

24. - Top - End - #384
    Ettin in the Playground

Are you releasing the prisoners?
    Not yet. I'll tell when we do.

25. - Top - End - #385
    Ogre in the Playground

Alright, what does Tariq do while the rest of his group is busy with their own things?

26. - Top - End - #386
    Orc in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Alright, what does Tariq do while the rest of his group is busy with their own things?
    I don't think I ever actually rolled to heal the minor injuries I got when opening the lockers, so I may as well as rest, too. I rolled 6 vs HT 11, so recover 1 hp. I believe I still have 1 hp left to recover.
    Last edited by GnomesofZurich2; 2021-02-14 at 09:13 PM.

27. - Top - End - #387
    Ogre in the Playground

Alright, then I think we should call this day done.

28. - Top - End - #388
    Orc in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Tariq wants to go out to inspect the exploded wolf, and try to get an idea of how big it might have been, to find the sweet spot for having likely attackers detonate them without accidental detonations by local wild-life. I guess it wasn't a bad thing the mines scared the wolves off, but it's not really the intended target.

What should I roll against to assess this?

29. - Top - End - #389
    Ogre in the Playground

Tariq wants to go out to inspect the exploded wolf, and try to get an idea of how big it might have been, to find the sweet spot for having likely attackers detonate them without accidental detonations by local wild-life. I guess it wasn't a bad thing the mines scared the wolves off, but it's not really the intended target.

What should I roll against to assess this?
    Tactics, with Naturalist or Forensics as complementary skills.

30. - Top - End - #390
    Orc in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Tactics, with Naturalist or Forensics as complementary skills.
    Since I have none of those, and the weather is bad, he'll delay that trip for now and focus on talking to the techs and making more mines.

I'll use my last Black Powder Grenade ($10, doubled for making more explosives) and $28 of junk to put together some more OZM-3-analogue mines. He spends 4 hours putting together 3 more mines.