New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 16 of 50 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415161718192021222324252641 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #451
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Worse Than the Disease OOC

Please look at this initial proposal and offer corrections. Of note:
    1. We buy enough parts to fully fix the car's steering.
    2. We make no compromises buying the guns and their accessories.
    3. We sell quite a lot of stuff, including the broken bike, the motorcycle helmet and any unplanted mines (assuming some Claymores and all OZM-3 are unplanted).
    4. We keep the drugs (man-portable trade value), the MREs (car-portable trade value) and the old rifles (just because, but might as well sell them).
    5. We'll have 60 rounds for each rifle (all FMJ, nothing fancy) completely loaded into magazines and thus ready for use.

2. - Top - End - #452
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by u-b View Post
    3. We sell quite a lot of stuff, including the broken bike, the motorcycle helmet and any unplanted mines (assuming some Claymores and all OZM-3 are unplanted).
    4. We keep the drugs (man-portable trade value), the MREs (car-portable trade value) and the old rifles (just because, but might as well sell them).
    5. We'll have 60 rounds for each rifle (all FMJ, nothing fancy) completely loaded into magazines and thus ready for use.
    The traders don't have a Milkor MGL. Everything else looks fine.

By the way, excellent job on keeping all your inventory organized and catalogued.
    Anachronism will never high-light the folly of my convictions!

3. - Top - End - #453
    Firbolg in the Playground

Looks good to me, although I'm guessing that Steel Vest entry is supposed to be -1 (selling the spare one we have rather than buying another one)?

Also, would it be possible to keep the legionnairy helmet? Since I'm getting heavier armour in general, having some sturdier head armour might be a good idea (and I have the encumbrance to spare now my combat load is light encumbrance). Won't stop a sniper's bullet, but I figure there's still enough things out there that a few more points of head DR will help against that it'll be useful.

4. - Top - End - #454
    Ettin in the Playground

I'm buying a Steel Vest for Sean now that he has a set of non-armor clothing. Can have ours instead if Richard goes for some other body armor instead (a chain shirt or what not; I'm not sure how you would otherwise wear the chain sleeves). Also will have Richard's Leather Helm if Richard goes for something heavier. Would you prefer the legionnairy helmet or the moto helmet? The later seems more high-tech, but will require selling other thingies, likely MREs.

5. - Top - End - #455
    Orc in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Looks okay to me. Did Richard ever agree to move his leather jacket to Tariq since he'll be using the steel vest?

6. - Top - End - #456

I'm buying a Steel Vest for Sean now that he has a set of non-armor clothing. Can have ours instead if Richard goes for some other body armor instead (a chain shirt or what not; I'm not sure how you would otherwise wear the chain sleeves). Also will have Richard's Leather Helm if Richard goes for something heavier. Would you prefer the legionnairy helmet or the moto helmet? The later seems more high-tech, but will require selling other thingies, likely MREs.
    Hm, hadn't considered that I might need to change torso armour to fit. Alright, yeah, you take the steel vest we already have and lets buy a chain shirt for Richard instead (leaves us with $150 saved versus getting another steel vest, too).

Helmet-wise, let's stick with the legionary. Motorcycle is pretty good, but legion will suffice and lets us get a decent amount good stuff for what the motor helmet is worth. And yeah, that means his old helmet is up for grabs.

Quote Originally Posted by GnomesofZurich2 View Post
    Looks okay to me. Did Richard ever agree to move his leather jacket to Tariq since he'll be using the steel vest?
    Yeah, any armour Richard is changing out of is up for grabs.

Are we all good for miscellaneous goods? Looking at the group gear list, we have a backpack in there, so Richard's only real issue in that regard (having to carry a sack rather than having a proper pack) is sorted, but I felt like it was worth mentioning in case Sean wanted some more survival toys or whatnot.

Also, looking at that list, we have a reloading press and Richard has Armoury (Small Arms). Might be worth buying some cartridge components here and remembering to collect spent casings later so we can recycle some used ammo in the field.
    Last edited by Volthawk; 2021-03-11 at 07:29 AM.

7. - Top - End - #457
    Ettin in the Playground

Some things could be worth improving and replacing, like that bulky tent and the skis etc. But that is not a priority now that we have the car and we won't need either in the Gutter. As you can see, Sean is replacing his backpack and acquiring a flashlight. He does not need much else. I'm leaving the radio out for now, because the only cheap long-range option is a one-way pager. I think we can always buy the components for reloading after we have accumulated some quantity of empty cases, which we should start counting if we are into it.

I think the shopping list should be final.
    Last edited by u-b; 2021-03-11 at 12:04 PM.

8. - Top - End - #458
    Ogre in the Playground

Yup, the exchange goes through.

The traders can't identify everything - those drugs are rare and weird, so get an actual doctor in Red Brick or somewhere to take a look at them.

9. - Top - End - #459
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Shoot Da Moon View Post
    the crystal meth is (illegally in some places) worth $500 to addicts or dealers.
    We have four somethings of it. Is this price total or apiece? Also, can they comment on the legality of owning, carrying and/or selling this thing specifically in Red Brick and Gunmetal?

As for the rifles, Sean intends to spend some points in relation to them:
    4 points on Guns (Rifle)
    1 point on Signature Gear (This M14 Rifle)
    1 point on Weapon Bond (This M14 Rifle)
    1 point on Observation

Any specific requirements in terms of time, bullets spent or what not?

10. - Top - End - #460
    Ogre in the Playground

We have four somethings of it. Is this price total or apiece? Also, can they comment on the legality of owning, carrying and/or selling this thing specifically in Red Brick and Gunmetal?

As for the rifles, Sean intends to spend some points in relation to them:
    4 points on Guns (Rifle)
    1 point on Signature Gear (This M14 Rifle)
    1 point on Weapon Bond (This M14 Rifle)
    1 point on Observation

Any specific requirements in terms of time, bullets spent or what not?
    $500 for the lot of them.
    Red Brick allows selling and holding those drugs, but not Gunmetal. They are contraband in Gunmetal.

Just spend the Character Points if you got them.

11. - Top - End - #461
    Ettin in the Playground

I've edited the transaction into the doc and rearranged some gear. The assumption is that Richard would succeed fixing the scope, but I'll wait until he does before finalizing. After spending the points as declared above, Sean has 3 spare points left out of total of 161. I'll PM the updated sheet after Richard is done with the scope.

12. - Top - End - #462
    Ogre in the Playground

Anything else before we go to the next day?

13. - Top - End - #463

Anything else before we go to the next day?
    Richard's going to use the latter half of the day to repair the scope, using the broken optics we just bought. If they qualify for the x4 value for being the same thing, they cover the cost perfectly - if you'd rule they're just very closely related for x2, then we'd need to buy another $450 of parts, but in any case now we have a source of parts Richard can get that fixed.

On CP, I had 3 left (including the recent one we got), so I've put two into Guns (Rifle) to bring it up to DX+2, and put the other point into Brawling since past me apparently didn't realise that one point of Brawling is useless actually, that can wait - getting Weapon Bond like what u-b is doing will be much more useful.
    Last edited by Volthawk; 2021-03-13 at 08:58 PM.

14. - Top - End - #464
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Volthawk View Post
    Richard's going to use the latter half of the day to repair the scope, using the broken optics we just bought. If they qualify for the x4 value for being the same thing, they cover the cost perfectly - if you'd rule they're just very closely related for x2, then we'd need to buy another $450 of parts, but in any case now we have a source of parts Richard can get that fixed.
    Yeah, the parts are worth the x4 value for being the same thing. You've already rolled and succeeded, so you fixed the scope. Post it in the IC thread for prosperity, please.
    Last edited by Shoot Da Moon; 2021-03-13 at 06:20 PM.

15. - Top - End - #465
    Ogre in the Playground

What are you doing on Day 30?

16. - Top - End - #466
    Ogre in the Playground

Richard and Tariq, are you still resting for the day?

17. - Top - End - #467
    Orc in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Richard and Tariq, are you still resting for the day?
    Tariq is all healed up, but has nothing particularly pressing he needs to do - although he hasn't yet trapped the Gutter, so he'll take 3 Claymore mines and spend the morning setting them up, taking care to conceal them as much as possible.

18. - Top - End - #468

Yeah, Richard's going back to resting up and restoring his last handful of HP.

19. - Top - End - #469
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Volthawk View Post
    Yeah, Richard's going back to resting up and restoring his last handful of HP.
    Alright, roll your HT in the Dice Rolls thread.

20. - Top - End - #470
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by GnomesofZurich2 View Post
    Tariq is all healed up, but has nothing particularly pressing he needs to do - although he hasn't yet trapped the Gutter, so he'll take 3 Claymore mines and spend the morning setting them up, taking care to conceal them as much as possible.
    Not the Gutter. The Gutter entrance is safe enough with the blast door and we might want to use that door in apropriate circumstances. It's better to trap the basement access that was formerly under the water.

21. - Top - End - #471
    Ogre in the Playground

Not the Gutter. The Gutter entrance is safe enough with the blast door and we might want to use that door in apropriate circumstances. It's better to trap the basement access that was formerly under the water.
    Yeah. No need to roll again, I'll just rule Tariq moves the mines to where Sean wants them. Same margin of success.

22. - Top - End - #472
    Ogre in the Playground

What are Richard and Tariq doing on Day 31?

23. - Top - End - #473

Richard's still resting and healing. Up to 11/12 at the start of day 31, will recover that last HP if nothing interferes with healing.

24. - Top - End - #474

Alright, Richard's fully healed so he's free to act on day 32. Not sure what needs doing now, though - he's done with the weaponry and we seem to be done with the looting. I suppose he could patrol around the base a little, keep an eye out for any trouble.

Driving-wise, isn't Tariq handling that?

25. - Top - End - #475
    Ettin in the Playground

I am not sure Tariq had points to spend on it after upping the health. As for the things that need doing, I can name two:
    1. Making the jerky off of our part of the meat (one day should be enough)
    2. Installing the bought steering parts into the car (not sure how long it will take; maybe is better done by two)

26. - Top - End - #476
    Ogre in the Playground

You roll Mechanic (Automobile) to repair the car and fix the steering flaws - I believe that the Upgrading or Repair rules in AtE2 cover it.

Incidentally, is every PC now fully healed? I lost track. I know Richard and Tariq are fine...

27. - Top - End - #477
    Ettin in the Playground

Incidentally, is every PC now fully healed? I lost track. I know Richard and Tariq are fine...
    Sean lost time with searching, hunding and butchering, so is still 3 hp away from full.

28. - Top - End - #478
    Ogre in the Playground

The large falcons are SM -4 and are 12 yards away from the base.

29. - Top - End - #479
    Ogre in the Playground

The Falcons are NOT working together, they just all smelled the tasty meat and are preparing to mob it.
    The crows are still alive, the meat is easier prey.
    The beak and claws of a large falcon usually inflict an average of 3 or 4 points of basic damage.
    Shooting will interrupt rest.

The falcons are taking to air now, their Air Move of 12 adds to the range penalty, if I remember the rules correctly.

30. - Top - End - #480
    Ogre in the Playground

Richard, are you going to take another shot?