New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 21 of 50 FirstFirst ... 11121314151617181920212223242526272829303146 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #601
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Worse Than the Disease OOC

The major things on the shopping list would be the following (all from High-Tech):
    1. TL8 Fine (Reliable) Milkor USA M32A1 or Milkor USA M32A1 or Cheap Milkor USA M32A1 (the exact quality depending on what they have, what they allow and what funds we can allocate for this)
    2. TL8 Concealable Vest x3
    3. TL8 Truma Plate x3 or Cheap Truma Plate x3 (if we can have the vests)
    4. TL8 Ballistic Helmet + Visor x3 (if we can have the vests)
    5. TL7 HE 40x46mm grenade x24 (if we can have the launcher)
    6. TL7 tear gas 40mm grenade x6 (if we can have the launcher)

The minor things would depend on what of the above we can actually have and how much they will value the things we have for sale.

Things that we have for sale for which I don't have the price:
    1. Improvised Armor x3 (from the mutants)
    2. Cheap Leather Armor Set x4 (not sure what is in the set)
    3. Cheap Revolver x4 (exact model not specified)
    4. Improvised Steel Plate Armor
    5. Pack of Cigarettes x4
    6. Broken 9mm SMG x2 (please confirm it's a TL7 thingie and clarify if it's just Broken or Cheap Broken)

2. - Top - End - #602
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by u-b View Post
    The major things on the shopping list would be the following (all from High-Tech):
    1. TL8 Fine (Reliable) Milkor USA M32A1 or Milkor USA M32A1 or Cheap Milkor USA M32A1 (the exact quality depending on what they have, what they allow and what funds we can allocate for this)
    2. TL8 Concealable Vest x3
    3. TL8 Truma Plate x3 or Cheap Truma Plate x3 (if we can have the vests)
    4. TL8 Ballistic Helmet + Visor x3 (if we can have the vests)
    5. TL7 HE 40x46mm grenade x24 (if we can have the launcher)
    6. TL7 tear gas 40mm grenade x6 (if we can have the launcher)

The minor things would depend on what of the above we can actually have and how much they will value the things we have for sale.

Things that we have for sale for which I don't have the price:
    1. Improvised Armor x3 (from the mutants)
    2. Cheap Leather Armor Set x4 (not sure what is in the set)
    3. Cheap Revolver x4 (exact model not specified)
    4. Improvised Steel Plate Armor
    5. Pack of Cigarettes x4
    6. Broken 9mm SMG x2 (please confirm it's a TL7 thingie and clarify if it's just Broken or Cheap Broken)
    First, the selling;
    Improvised Armour from the mutants are worth $800 each.
    Cheap Leather Armour sets are worth $240 each.
    The cheap revolvers are .36 ones. Worth $120 each.
    The improvised steel plate armour is worth $680.
    Cigarette packs are worth $20 each.
    The broken TL 7 SMGs are both Cheap and Broken, $720 each (mostly in parts and materials).

Now, buying;
    The Gunmetal merchants are willing to sell you a Cheap Milkor USA M32A1 for $15840 - a bit more expensive than usual. A better deal or a better good is not available right now.

Concealable Vests (not Early Concealable Vests) are priced at $17600 each. Again, a raised price.

Trauma Plates are not available. The Ballistic Helmet and the Visor are not available.

The TL7 grenades are available. Tear gas costs $120 each. TL7 HE costs $80 each.
    Anachronism will never high-light the folly of my convictions!

3. - Top - End - #603
    Ettin in the Playground

Okay, please everyone review the current proposal. Since we are limited not by funds, but by availability, I pack quite a lot of potentially useful TL6 stuff and don't sell what we don't have to sell. Still, we have a whole car to spare. So, please add or otherwise edit in your wishes and declare your opinions on the following alternatives:
    1. We keep one extra car for ourselves (drive around in two cars, park it at the radar base or something).
    2. We sell the car for 180 lbs. of ammo (could buy more expensive ammo, but that might be restricted and/or less liquid).
    3. We open an account with Gunmetal provided they confirm they do have other gear we've requested and are willing to authorize its sale once we satisfy the whatever condition.
    4. We try visiting Red Brick and spend the fund for some expensive medicines (again, if they have them, and will authorize them).
    5. Or maybe propose some other way to handle it.

4. - Top - End - #604
    Orc in the Playground

AssassinGuy

The deal sounds fine to me. Tariq could produce his own grenades (the explosive ones, anyway, not sure my Quick Gadgeteer extends to tear gas), but on the scale of this transaction the ~$2,000 for the grenades isn't that much.

I don't know that we really need two cars at this point, and it's another vehicle to break down and/or get separated. I'm not opposed to keeping it, but having a good supply of ammo would be...reassuring. So, I guess I would go with option 2.

5. - Top - End - #605
    Firbolg in the Playground

I'd say keep the car for now, head to Red Brick, see if there's anything worth getting, sell off the car there if the stuff we're not selling here doesn't cover what we want (or keep it if what we find isn't worth the car). Selling the car for good ammo also works for me, though. We did have to start spraying a few times in the resort battle, so having a good supply of bullets for that, and some good armour-piercing bullets and the like for if we start coming across properly geared out Gamblers (presuming that Shelter ties and things like that sniper rifle during the siege means that they have at least some high-TL equipment we might start encountering if we go on the offensive) and/or nastier mutants (we don't know what the upper limit on what those guys can end up being capable of, after all).

Trading aside, we should probably check out Red Brick anyway. They're on the Gamblers' target list, so it's probably worth clueing them in on what we know and seeing what they're interested in.

Definitely worth checking while we're here if there's anything we can do to get them further on side - presumably that'll come up once we're done trading and end up talking to the funny platoon. Might end up with some work that takes priority.

6. - Top - End - #606
    Ogre in the Playground

You bought and sold the stuff according to the sheet.

Can all of you please PM me your updated character sheets?

7. - Top - End - #607

Quote Originally Posted by Shoot Da Moon View Post
    You bought and sold the stuff according to the sheet.

Can all of you please PM me your updated character sheets?
    Done.

To check my maths, I went through the threads to find our CP awards. Am I right in thinking that this is what we've gotten, or did I forget something? It lines up with what I've been spending as we go, but worth confirming (until just now, I had just been tracking the number not where they came from).
    2: Nightbear Encounter
    2: Slaves
    3: Reaching Radar Base
    3: Capturing Radar Base
    2: Surviving First Attack
    1: Surviving Second Attack
    5: Resort Battle
    Last edited by Volthawk; 2021-06-20 at 04:55 PM.

8. - Top - End - #608
    Ogre in the Playground

Sounds about right.

9. - Top - End - #609
    Orc in the Playground

AssassinGuy

I PM'd my sheet, I have 1 character point unspent, and Volthawk my calculations match yours regarding our CP awards to date.

10. - Top - End - #610
    Ogre in the Playground

Thank you, GoZ2.

11. - Top - End - #611
    Ettin in the Playground

...and it will take time and cost just as much as buying it.
    Then maybe we should just buy these. Will "+Steel Plate" under Silk Vest (HT66) fit just fine? These are TL6, so should be available.
    Last edited by u-b; 2021-06-22 at 11:44 AM.

12. - Top - End - #612
    Ogre in the Playground

Then maybe we should just buy these. Will "+Steel Plate" under Silk Vest (HT66) fit just fine? These are TL6, so should be available.
    Well, a Silk Vest and the Concealable Vest (thicker, maybe Kevlar?) are made of different materials, so it may not be as good. The DX penalties for layering armour may apply?

13. - Top - End - #613
    Ettin in the Playground

I do not intend to use the Silk Vest itself, only the optional steel plate from it. Inserting a plate into a vest designed to host it should not count as layering. The question here is if the plate is the right size (if not, maybe they make steel plates specificaly for Concealable Vests, the stats should be exactly the same).

14. - Top - End - #614
    Ogre in the Playground

Okay, but the added DR is as per the Steel Plate, not the Trauma Plates.

15. - Top - End - #615
    Ettin in the Playground

Sure, that's what I had in mind. Unless someone specifically does not want a plate, Sean will buy three (with bullets, so no haggling required). I'll post IC and sent an updated character sheet sometime today.

16. - Top - End - #616
    Ogre in the Playground

Confirmed. Mark it down.

17. - Top - End - #617
    Ettin in the Playground

Thinking about shelter specialization: does Sean have an idea what is/was the specialization of Shelter 44? Also, what are its most notable technologies that Sean might be missing right now?

18. - Top - End - #618
    Orc in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Before they go, Tariq would likely to make two purchases: a regular-quality small backpack to replace his cheap quality backpack (shaving 1.5 lbs off weight) and a rifle sling for his grenade launcher. Would those be available and do I need any rolls to get them?

19. - Top - End - #619
    Ogre in the Playground

Thinking about shelter specialization: does Sean have an idea what is/was the specialization of Shelter 44? Also, what are its most notable technologies that Sean might be missing right now?
    That was above your pay grade, it seems. Your Shelter had some pretty big supercomputers...

Quote Originally Posted by GnomesofZurich2 View Post
    Before they go, Tariq would likely to make two purchases: a regular-quality small backpack to replace his cheap quality backpack (shaving 1.5 lbs off weight) and a rifle sling for his grenade launcher. Would those be available and do I need any rolls to get them?
    No problem. Both items are easily purchased at standard price.

20. - Top - End - #620
    Orc in the Playground

AssassinGuy

No problem. Both items are easily purchased at standard price.
    Can he get any trade value on his existing backpack and leather jacket? A bulky small backpack has a base value of $30, so I figure he might be able to get $10 or $15 trade value for it, and the leather jacket has a base value of $50, so that might get him another $20 or $25. The TL5 leather rifle sling would be $20 (after TL mod), and the small backpack $60. He can give up 4 rifle cartridges along with the backpack and jacket, and make up any difference with a couple of pistol cartridges.

21. - Top - End - #621
    Ettin in the Playground

You can take a new small backpack from the car and leave your bulky backpack there. Sean has just bough two small backpacks - one for himself and one to organize things in the car, and I suspect your existing backpack will fill the later role just fine. May as well leave the jacket there too. Not sure we'll ever need it for anything other than maybe supplying to some people, but we also don't need the amount of ammo we have, so just buy that rifle sling and be done with it.

22. - Top - End - #622
    Orc in the Playground

AssassinGuy

You can take a new small backpack from the car and leave your bulky backpack there. Sean has just bough two small backpacks - one for himself and one to organize things in the car, and I suspect your existing backpack will fill the later role just fine. May as well leave the jacket there too. Not sure we'll ever need it for anything other than maybe supplying to some people, but we also don't need the amount of ammo we have, so just buy that rifle sling and be done with it.
    Sounds good. The sling should be $20, so 2 rifle cartridges will cover it.

23. - Top - End - #623
    Ogre in the Playground

Confirmed. Mark it down.

24. - Top - End - #624
    Ettin in the Playground

Done......

25. - Top - End - #625

Perhaps it would be better for Tariq to drive - just thinking that if we run into trouble and need to shoot from the car, Richard's rifle might be more useful. Then again, Tariq's explosives would be a pretty good answer to any problems we come across (and we have Sean up ahead for any precise shooting), so either way works really.

26. - Top - End - #626
    Ettin in the Playground

Looking at doc sheet edits for Richard:
    1. The rifle is listed bare (no magazine, no ammo) and Richard should currently have four mags, so I moved the fourth mag there from the group gear sheet.
    2. I thought our mail sleeves were integral with the shirt, but whatever, that's between you and GM.
    3. You might want to move more stuff from the group sheet. Mainly the steel plate insert for DR +5F.

27. - Top - End - #627

Looking at doc sheet edits for Richard:
    1. The rifle is listed bare (no magazine, no ammo) and Richard should currently have four mags, so I moved the fourth mag there from the group gear sheet.
    2. I thought our mail sleeves were integral with the shirt, but whatever, that's between you and GM.
    3. You might want to move more stuff from the group sheet. Mainly the steel plate insert for DR +5F.
    1) Huh, could've sworn I refilled on ammo, although I did forget mags. In any case, thanks for the catch.
    2) I thought they were two seperate pieces that were attached and as such could be unattached and worn seperately, but I'm no chainmail expert. Will have to see what the GM says.
    3) Done, also put a few bits and bobs in the car that Richard didn't really need to be carrying.

28. - Top - End - #628
    Ogre in the Playground

The mail sleeves and the mail shirt are attached, but you can un-attach them from each other.

29. - Top - End - #629
    Ogre in the Playground

You've arrived at the place where the raiders from Point T retreated to after the camp in the clearing.

The caves inside are very dark, penalty -7 at least.

30. - Top - End - #630

Would it be possible to use Criminology to figure out more about the circumstances around the guy's death?