New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 29 of 50 FirstFirst ... 4192021222324252627282930313233343536373839 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #841
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Worse Than the Disease OOC

Quote Originally Posted by Shoot Da Moon View Post
    The room is ten by twelve yards in area.

(OC: The Range penalty for the furthest target is -4.)
    So the question is whether Tariq can shoot there while being 3..5 yards away from the door. I guess should be doable.

2. - Top - End - #842
    Ettin in the Playground

Whoa! We'll certainly have to have a talk about architecture and explosions some time down the road if we make it that far. I rather expected only a largish-caliber shell would have that much effect at 10-yard range. Is the building too crumbly or did we damage it too much blowing up the door? I must have missed something to that effect.

Bart takes 4 damage to left leg. What armor did you guys give him again?
    The man has TL5 studded leather skirt and light TL5 shin guards. Most likely, either one or the other would apply, but some parts of the lower leg (not foot) are exposed, upwards of the boot.

ST or Escape costing 1 FP per attempt if trapped
    UPD: Normal ST or Lifting ST? Because given the rolls, it would matter.
    Last edited by u-b; 2021-10-29 at 04:21 AM.

3. - Top - End - #843
    Firbolg in the Playground

For large-area damage, is directional torso DR ignored or included? The entry doesn't seem to specify. If included, then Richard has (10 torso DR from vest+plate + 1 hands DR) / 2 = 5.5, rounded to 6 DR, if it isn't then it's (5+1)/2=3 DR for either no damage or 2 damage from the wall (EDIT: Actually I guess the least defended area is his eyes with no protection, since the coif+mask just protects the face and skull, which would bring the DR calcs to 5 and 2.5 rounded up to 3 - so no actual change, still no damage if frontal DR is involved and 2 damage if it isn't). The first bit of falling rubble is tanked by DR wherever it end up hitting him.

He gets out of the rubble on the first try, though.
    Last edited by Volthawk; 2021-10-29 at 08:04 AM.

4. - Top - End - #844
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by u-b View Post
    Whoa! We'll certainly have to have a talk about architecture and explosions some time down the road if we make it that far. I rather expected only a largish-caliber shell would have that much effect at 10-yard range. Is the building too crumbly or did we damage it too much blowing up the door? I must have missed something to that effect.

The man has TL5 studded leather skirt and light TL5 shin guards. Most likely, either one or the other would apply, but some parts of the lower leg (not foot) are exposed, upwards of the boot.

UPD: Normal ST or Lifting ST? Because given the rolls, it would matter.
    The building's crumbling mostly has to do with Tariq blowing the door and launching those grenades. I also rolled badly for the initial structural integrity.
    Shin guard DR applies.
    Lifting ST applies.

Quote Originally Posted by Volthawk View Post
    For large-area damage, is directional torso DR ignored or included? The entry doesn't seem to specify. If included, then Richard has (10 torso DR from vest+plate + 1 hands DR) / 2 = 5.5, rounded to 6 DR, if it isn't then it's (5+1)/2=3 DR for either no damage or 2 damage from the wall (EDIT: Actually I guess the least defended area is his eyes with no protection, since the coif+mask just protects the face and skull, which would bring the DR calcs to 5 and 2.5 rounded up to 3 - so no actual change, still no damage if frontal DR is involved and 2 damage if it isn't). The first bit of falling rubble is tanked by DR wherever it end up hitting him.

He gets out of the rubble on the first try, though.
    The directional torso DR is included.
    Did you make the Dodge+1 roll for the ceiling mishap?
    Anachronism will never high-light the folly of my convictions!

5. - Top - End - #845

The directional torso DR is included.
    Did you make the Dodge+1 roll for the ceiling mishap?
    Nope, the 11 on dodge was a failure, factoring in encumbrance.

6. - Top - End - #846
    Ogre in the Playground

Now it is Richard's turn, then Tariq...

7. - Top - End - #847
    Orc in the Playground

AssassinGuy

So I'm clear, the stairs the bad guys are climbing up are distinct from the ladder the good guys are climbing down, right? Once I've confirmed that, how much distance are between them and are they on the same side of the building?

8. - Top - End - #848
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by GnomesofZurich2 View Post
    So I'm clear, the stairs the bad guys are climbing up are distinct from the ladder the good guys are climbing down, right? Once I've confirmed that, how much distance are between them and are they on the same side of the building?
    Yes, the ladder is on the outside. The stairs are inside the building. Distance between the bad guys from each, or between the bad guys and the good guys? The ladder is along the south wall, the stairs are at the north part of the upper floor.

9. - Top - End - #849
    Ettin in the Playground

Once I've confirmed that, how much distance are between them and are they on the same side of the building?
    Distance between the bad guys from each, or between the bad guys and the good guys?
    Most likely, the distance between the stairs and the ladder (and whether one can attack from one at the other through the windows and such, which possibility I have not considered, but which might apply).

10. - Top - End - #850
    Orc in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Yes, the ladder is on the outside. The stairs are inside the building. Distance between the bad guys from each, or between the bad guys and the good guys? The ladder is along the south wall, the stairs are at the north part of the upper floor.
    The distance between the ladder and the stairs. Tariq, as is his wont, would likely consider tossing a frag grenade at the ones climbing up the stairs, without necessarily considering the possible effects on the already shaky building.

11. - Top - End - #851
    Ogre in the Playground

10 yards between the stairs and the ladder.
    No windows to see the stairs from outside.

12. - Top - End - #852
    Ettin in the Playground

A few more seconds later, all the exiles have regrouped in the yard outside the building. The gate is locked, but it should be easier to disable from this side.
    Is it the following gate or some other gate?
    The dynamite blasts the gate open, sending a few bits of metal flying into the building's inner yard.

13. - Top - End - #853
    Ogre in the Playground

Is it the following gate or some other gate?
    Whoops. My mistake, I forgot the gate was opened. Fixing.

14. - Top - End - #854
    Ogre in the Playground

40 seconds until the bomb goes off.

15. - Top - End - #855

Quick question: Does turning on Richard's rifle light take an action, and does doing that ruin previous Aim actions - can Richard aim for 3 secs->activate light (may or may not be its own action)->fire with aim bonuses and no darkness penalty?

16. - Top - End - #856
    Ettin in the Playground

Quick question: Does turning on Richard's rifle light take an action, and does doing that ruin previous Aim actions - can Richard aim for 3 secs->activate light (may or may not be its own action)->fire with aim bonuses and no darkness penalty?
    Is Richard targeting inside of the yard? I think the darkness pelanty would be just -1, considering the collimating sight, which is likely not worth spending a ready action on, but worth it if it would be free action.

17. - Top - End - #857

Is Richard targeting inside of the yard? I think the darkness pelanty would be just -1, considering the collimating sight, which is likely not worth spending a ready action on, but worth it if it would be free action.
    Yeah, but it's an action for essentially +1 for the rest of the battle, in addition to the potential blind, and also means that when the others start shooting at the barricade mutants they also don't take any penalty. Feels worth it.

18. - Top - End - #858
    Ogre in the Playground

Turning on the light takes an action unless you have the Lightning Fingers Perk. It ruins Aim.

Richard is not targeting in the yard, the targets are still in the building.

Yeah, but it's an action for essentially +1 for the rest of the battle, in addition to the potential blind, and also means that when the others start shooting at the barricade mutants they also don't take any penalty. Feels worth it.
    The light would negate the darkness penalty, yes.

19. - Top - End - #859
    Orc in the Playground

AssassinGuy

@Shoot Da Moon: Since you called for a Fast-Draw roll to ready my grenade and pull the pin (and rightly so), I've been looking through various relevant sources (Characters, After the End, Action, Monster Hunters, Madness Dossier, Gun Fu, Tactical Shooting, etc.) and came up blank as to a Fast-Draw (Grenade) specialty. Dungeon Fantasy allows Fast-Draw (Potion) to hurl potion grenades and Pyramid #3/36 allows the Demolisher to learn Fast-Draw (Bomb), but those are both fantasy and might not fit here.

Would you allow a variant on the Dual Ready perk that allows one to both Ready a grenade and pull the pin as one action? I'll have to think up an appropriate name, but that could be handy without being overpowered.

20. - Top - End - #860
    Ogre in the Playground

@Shoot Da Moon: Since you called for a Fast-Draw roll to ready my grenade and pull the pin (and rightly so), I've been looking through various relevant sources (Characters, After the End, Action, Monster Hunters, Madness Dossier, Gun Fu, Tactical Shooting, etc.) and came up blank as to a Fast-Draw (Grenade) specialty. Dungeon Fantasy allows Fast-Draw (Potion) to hurl potion grenades and Pyramid #3/36 allows the Demolisher to learn Fast-Draw (Bomb), but those are both fantasy and might not fit here.

Would you allow a variant on the Dual Ready perk that allows one to both Ready a grenade and pull the pin as one action? I'll have to think up an appropriate name, but that could be handy without being overpowered.
    Fast-Draw (Ammo) would be good for grenades. No need to re-invent the wheel. As for the Dual Ready perk, yes. You do not even have to create a new Perk, just get Dual Ready to take out and pull the pin in one action. No need to re-invent the wheel.

21. - Top - End - #861
    Ogre in the Playground

Everyone gets 5 more Character Points and may improve their Reputation.

Mutants might be more hostile towards you in the future, they could assume you guys are hunting them. (A Negative Reputation can lower the cost of improving your overall Reputation among others.)

22. - Top - End - #862
    Ettin in the Playground

Everyone gets 5 more Character Points and may improve their Reputation.
    1. Buying another level of positive reputation for 1 point.
    2. NOT buying any negative reputation (mainly because it's rounded the other way, so does not really cancel out unless you buy more of it).
    3. Putting 4 points in guns (rifle).
    4. The 2 points I previously had are left for future use.

23. - Top - End - #863
    Orc in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Tariq will spend:
    1. 1 point to improve his reputation
    2. 1 point on Engineer (Small Arms)
    3. 1 point on Fast-Draw (Ammo)
    4. Leave 10 points unspent (towards upgrading his Quick Gadgeteer)

24. - Top - End - #864
    Ettin in the Playground

Reading those perks, I think I've found a use for one more character point, if the GM is fine with it. Namely, "Attribute Substitution: Driving based on Per" from PU2 page 15.

25. - Top - End - #865

Richard's spending 1 point on the same +1 Reputation as the others (considering buying another +1, which if I have the maths right would just be another point, given Richard's face-ness and how he's been pushing this role for the exiles, but not doing it for now), 1 point on Lightning Fingers (Rifle) (for the tactical light use) and banking the other 3 (along with the three he had banked before).

Unless buying more Charisma is a thing, I think Richard's non-shooting skills are at the point where the most efficient way of advancing them is outright getting another point of IQ, so barring minor things like the purchases now I'm going to be banking a lot of the points we get for a while.

26. - Top - End - #866
    Ogre in the Playground

Reading those perks, I think I've found a use for one more character point, if the GM is fine with it. Namely, "Attribute Substitution: Driving based on Per" from PU2 page 15.
    That is okay. Go right ahead.

All players, PM your updated character sheets if you have not already.

27. - Top - End - #867
    Troll in the Playground

hello all, im wondering if you would take a warbot in your party. his designation would be prk-101, but you could call him perkins. any objections?

28. - Top - End - #868
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by bramblefoot View Post
    hello all, im wondering if you would take a warbot in your party. his designation would be prk-101, but you could call him perkins. any objections?
    At one point in time a question of re-recruitment arose and the GM decided against it. I do not think there was enough change since then to revert this decision, so no, I'd say we are not hiring, at least not the PCs.
    Last edited by u-b; 2021-11-16 at 12:21 PM.

29. - Top - End - #869
    Orc in the Playground

AssassinGuy

At one point in time a question of re-recruitment arose and the GM decided against it. I do not think there was enough change since then to revert this decision, so no, I'd say we are not hiring, at least not the PCs.
    I also think a warbot would go against the tone of the game. We haven't seen much tech beyond TL8, and are all more-or-less mundane characters (one acquired-in-play mutation aside).

30. - Top - End - #870
    Ettin in the Playground

The Funny Platoon gets the message without interference.
    Also Vermont Rangers HQ.

(OC: Gamblers' outpost? You mean the hideout of Oscar Rex Stone?)
    Yeah, his "outpost 5 miles west of Springfield" as per #1034. Or is it not a secret outpost, but a normal legal settlers' outpost where one person is hiding under some false identity?