New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 38 of 50 FirstFirst ... 13282930313233343536373839404142434445464748 ... LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,140 of 1472
  1. - Top - End - #1111
    Orc in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Default Re: Worse Than the Disease OOC

Quote Originally Posted by u-b View Post
    I think someone (read: Tariq) should come up with an estimate of how many rooms there are on each floor, which window(s) correspond to which room, etc. We might eventually have to target those with tear gas or something, so might as well have an educated guess about which windows to target.
    Tariq scopes out the building to provide his estimate of number of rooms and points of entry. He has 6 tear gas rounds handy, so using that to flush out the animals would make sense - perhaps less effective on the plants, no idea whether the tear gas would incapacitate them or not.

2. - Top - End - #1112
    Ogre in the Playground

Someone could roll Naturalist to see what weapon would harm the mutated plants.
    Anachronism will never high-light the folly of my convictions!

3. - Top - End - #1113
    Orc in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Shoot Da Moon View Post
    Someone could roll Naturalist to see what weapon would harm the mutated plants.
    Does any of us have Naturalist? Tariq does not, so he would be rolling at default against a target of 7.

4. - Top - End - #1114
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by GnomesofZurich2 View Post
    Does any of us have Naturalist? Tariq does not, so he would be rolling at default against a target of 7.
    Sean has it, but he has failed the roll.

5. - Top - End - #1115
    Ogre in the Playground

Waiting and letting the situation develop is an option, but it will let any enemy forces in the area roll to find you in the meantime.
    Remind what your rolls for Camouflage and Stealth were?

Your characters may also want to eat and drink while waiting.

6. - Top - End - #1116
    Ettin in the Playground

Bart the Hunter bags one of his own with a shotgun blast, putting it down and out. Then Bart takes aim at another rat-dog...
    Bart shoots the animal he previously hit...
    Not quite sure I get it. Why would he shoot an unconscious dog, especially if he started to aim at another?

7. - Top - End - #1117
    Ogre in the Playground

Oh right.
    Guess that means all the animals are knocked out or dead then.

8. - Top - End - #1118
    Ettin in the Playground

If anyone is interested, there is a GURPS recruitment going on. I see Volthawk is already in there.
    Last edited by u-b; 2022-04-17 at 10:03 AM.

9. - Top - End - #1119
    Orc in the Playground

AssassinGuy

If anyone is interested, there is a GURPS recruitment going on. I see Volthawk is already in there.
    Thanks, but I think I'll pass - between this game and one I'm on the SJGames forum I'm at my limit.

Assuming there's no objections to Tariq's proposal, I'm going get the backpack set up and attached to one of the pillars of the wharf.

10. - Top - End - #1120
    Ettin in the Playground

(OC: Do you have the Architecture skill, Sean? Does anyone else? I'm certain Tariq does. Please note the riverboat travels approximately 90 yards towards your position every minute.)
    Tariq does and Sean can state what he sees (like the presence of any posts as opposed to a solid concrete wall, for example). As for the timing: suppose we have communicated for a minute. Then 15 seconds to get to the car's trunk and get it open. Then 5(?) seconds emptying the bakcpack. Then 25(?) seconds putting 25 pounds of TNT in there. Then 5(?) seconds attaching the detonator. Then 30(?) seconds to the wharf. About 140 seconds total, for ~300 yards to the ship when Tariq gets on the wharf. He will be seen, that's for sure. The reaction of those seeing him is much less clear. Of am I ways off with the timing?

11. - Top - End - #1121
    Ogre in the Playground

Tariq does and Sean can state what he sees (like the presence of any posts as opposed to a solid concrete wall, for example). As for the timing: suppose we have communicated for a minute. Then 15 seconds to get to the car's trunk and get it open. Then 5(?) seconds emptying the bakcpack. Then 25(?) seconds putting 25 pounds of TNT in there. Then 5(?) seconds attaching the detonator. Then 30(?) seconds to the wharf. About 140 seconds total, for ~300 yards to the ship when Tariq gets on the wharf. He will be seen, that's for sure. The reaction of those seeing him is much less clear. Of am I ways off with the timing?
    Yeah, your times are accurate.
    As for the wharf, it looks ramshackle but high enough off the river that Tariq can plant the bomb.
    Moving on, Tariq makes his rolls.

12. - Top - End - #1122
    Ettin in the Playground

Moving on, Tariq makes his rolls.
    He already did. Or something else, like Architecture is needed?

13. - Top - End - #1123
    Ogre in the Playground

Neither, just having Architecture skill is enough and Tariq's previous rolls are what I'm invoking with no new ones needed.

14. - Top - End - #1124
    Ettin in the Playground

I think we just wait for a delegate of theirs, assuming they don't try to leave the wharf or handle the backpack. If Richard is interested, Sean thinks our position should be of the sort "We intend to take over this place. Your comments on that?"

15. - Top - End - #1125
    Firbolg in the Playground

I think we just wait for a delegate of theirs, assuming they don't try to leave the wharf or handle the backpack. If Richard is interested, Sean thinks our position should be of the sort "We intend to take over this place. Your comments on that?"
    Yeah, that's more or less Richard's plan - wait for someone who can talk to turn up, see why they're here and what they want, what their interest (if any) in the plant is, any ties to the mutants here, etc. and then figure out if reconciling what we want and what they want can work, and then make it happen.

16. - Top - End - #1126
    Ogre in the Playground

Alright, then.

Richard should roll the following skills, if he has them (if not, just ignore it);
    Observation
    Body Language
    Armoury (whatever specialization)
    Shiphandling or Seamanship or Freight Handling or Crewman
    Expert Skill (Mutants)
    Psychology

17. - Top - End - #1127
    Ettin in the Playground

In case it is relevant, I'm going to let this guy talk and will spend 1 point on Expert Skill (Mutants).

18. - Top - End - #1128
    Ogre in the Playground

Okay, good, update your character sheet.

19. - Top - End - #1129
    Ettin in the Playground

BTW, do you need prices for the gear or have you found it all in the book already? Either way, I need Sean to roll Observation and Naturalist skills.
    I have the transaction outlined in the doc. Haven't found the chem, so used Amazon variety.

20. - Top - End - #1130
    Ogre in the Playground

Okay, those numbers look good. Stamp of approval.

21. - Top - End - #1131
    Ettin in the Playground

OC: Mark off meals eaten. Anyone got any business before we fast-forward to tomorrow?
    Done. Also marked the fuel while we are at it. No other plans for today.

22. - Top - End - #1132
    Ogre in the Playground

Every player character earns 2 bonus Character Points for securing the power plant.

23. - Top - End - #1133
    Orc in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Every player character earns 2 bonus Character Points for securing the power plant.
    Can Tariq use Engineer (Small Arms) to make a Watervliet M1, or would he need Engineer (Artillery) for that? I guess that will determine where he allocates his 3 unspent points.

If a Watervliet MI has the same base cost as a Stokes ML Mk I, $5,000, he would need $2,000 worth of parts after the TL modifier. A cheap one would only need $800 worth of parts. Even with a low base skill of 12 or 13, he can get it up to respectable levels from the TL modifier and taking extra time (plus extra parts, if we have them).

24. - Top - End - #1134
    Ettin in the Playground

If a Watervliet MI has the same base cost as a Stokes ML Mk I, $5,000, he would need $2,000 worth of parts after the TL modifier. A cheap one would only need $800 worth of parts. Even with a low base skill of 12 or 13, he can get it up to respectable levels from the TL modifier and taking extra time (plus extra parts, if we have them).
    We are in no hurry to obtain this mortar, we first have to deal with the mutants of the north and with Blackwire (by the way, should we expect him to radio us sometime today?). Sean still wants it improved at least to fine (reliable) as we'll be making quite a number of shots and don't want to fix it after each 20th shot. I guess Richard should still talk to Gunmetal people in person, to see if they could be persuaded, maybe on some condition (and we'll be satisfied with a broken one too). If they cannot be, we'll try to substitute the materials to build one or, failing that, some other piece of gear.
    ...the reflex sights are a question mark...
    We are not hurry to make this purchase and can substitute a modern 32x variable-power scope for one or both. Also, what they would say us about a cheap RPG-7?
    Last edited by u-b; 2022-05-07 at 07:36 AM.

25. - Top - End - #1135
    Orc in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Also, what they would say us about a cheap RPG-7?
    This is definitely within Tariq's abilities to put together. An RPG-7 has a base price of $2,300, after the TL modifier it's $18,400, so a cheap version is $7,360. If Tariq can get ~$1,500 worth of parts and spends a day on this he should be able to build one.

26. - Top - End - #1136
    Ettin in the Playground

This is definitely within Tariq's abilities to put together. An RPG-7 has a base price of $2,300, after the TL modifier it's $18,400, so a cheap version is $7,360. If Tariq can get ~$1,500 worth of parts and spends a day on this he should be able to build one.
    I'm actually thinking of using these cheap/broken thingies as parts for Tariq to make fine-grade stuff. It would be the "same thing" and a "modification" for quite a lot of plusses to make those expensive items practical. If that would be unavailable, we'll need either a huge pile of junk to sort through or buy stuff that's "barely related", at least to the mortar. Still could be done, I guess, but we'll have to spend double for those parts and will end up with something unreliable.

27. - Top - End - #1137
    Ogre in the Playground

Can Tariq use Engineer (Small Arms) to make a Watervliet M1, or would he need Engineer (Artillery) for that? I guess that will determine where he allocates his 3 unspent points.
    Engineer (Artillery). Period.
    The Watervliet M1 is too big to carry by yourself, so I have no idea why it would ever count as a Small Arm.
    Remember to account for the TL cost multiplier.

28. - Top - End - #1138
    Ettin in the Playground

...draw a line on the map through all the settlements attacked, in the order they were attacked, to estimate if the attacks are shifting, expanding, centered on a noticiable feature, or something...
    (so, requesting some intelligence analysis from Richard)
    Last edited by u-b; 2022-05-09 at 06:24 AM.

29. - Top - End - #1139
    Firbolg in the Playground

Would it be possible to change their mind on the mortar issue with Diplomacy and/or Merchant, or are they too set on that matter to be convinced by Richard talking to them (particularly if it's orders from on high rather than personal judgement)?

30. - Top - End - #1140
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Volthawk View Post
    Would it be possible to change their mind on the mortar issue with Diplomacy and/or Merchant, or are they too set on that matter to be convinced by Richard talking to them (particularly if it's orders from on high rather than personal judgement)?
    It's worth a shot, but the roll will be opposed by effective Will 15.