New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 40 of 50 FirstFirst ... 153031323334353637383940414243444546474849 ... LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,200 of 1472
  1. - Top - End - #1171
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Worse Than the Disease OOC

Quote Originally Posted by u-b View Post
    I'm mostly waiting for Richard to OK or correct Sean's plan. I mean, we can proceed, but his life is at stake. Not sure if people will be ready in time to join us before the trip, I'm fine either way.
    Ah, bugger. My bad.

Yeah, I'm fine either way too when it comes to the new players. I suppose we can just figure out the best nearby way of getting them in as and when they're approved.

2. - Top - End - #1172
    Ettin in the Playground

The mission to rescue three lieutenants seems good, so Richard should ask for any and all relevant details.
    And about this part?

3. - Top - End - #1173

Yeah, Richard's more or less convinced on the rescue mission, so it's just a matter of getting the details now.

4. - Top - End - #1174
    Ogre in the Playground

And about this part?
    He knows where they took the captives, but not much else.
    It's an Old World fortified building converted into a slaver camp.
    Anachronism will never high-light the folly of my convictions!

5. - Top - End - #1175
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Shoot Da Moon View Post
    He knows where they took the captives, but not much else.
    It's an Old World fortified building converted into a slaver camp.
    We'll need the location both to get there and to plan the logistics. This side of the map?

6. - Top - End - #1176
    Ogre in the Playground

We'll need the location both to get there and to plan the logistics. This side of the map?
    The slaver camp is 10 miles south-west from your current location. Closer to the center of Vermont. Within the ruins of an Old World town near the mountains.

7. - Top - End - #1177
    Ettin in the Playground

The courtyard is about 40 square yards of area.
    The slaver guards are carrying rifles and SMGs, they are armored around their limbs, torso and extremities.
    That would be, like, 5*8 yards, and 2 square yards per man. Seems very tightly packed. Armor coverage is good though, so it will take more than a few shots by Tariq. Or is it just leather?

Proposing to do it like this:
    1. Sean positions himself where he can target most or all of the courtyard (some range and cover are fine) but is still behind some cover.
    2. Everyone else position themselves in the darkness where they can target the entrance to the courtyard, the entrance to the bank and/or the windows, but certainly not as close up as Sean.
    3. Sean opens fire, then Tariq quickly puts two grenades into the courtyard: one flashbang and one tear gas. His choice of stun, tear gas and light for other grenades as we probably won't benefit much from frag.
    4. Everybody else fires at will.

8. - Top - End - #1178
    Ogre in the Playground

That would be, like, 5*8 yards, and 2 square yards per man. Seems very tightly packed. Armor coverage is good though, so it will take more than a few shots by Tariq. Or is it just leather?

Proposing to do it like this:
    1. Sean positions himself where he can target most or all of the courtyard (some range and cover are fine) but is still behind some cover.
    2. Everyone else position themselves in the darkness where they can target the entrance to the courtyard, the entrance to the bank and/or the windows, but certainly not as close up as Sean.
    The guards are tightly packed, but bunches of them huddle up pretty tightly in spots for warmth so the occasional lone guard gets space for himself. Their armor is not quite leather, but it's obscured by their thick clothing (it's cold out tonight).

To position yourself in cover AND line of sight to the courtyard interior, you'll need to get to higher ground. Either make a roll Climbing roll at -2 to grab a fire escape ladder or break into a building to take the stairs.

Everyone else can take cover on the ground in line of sight to the opening in the walls. They won't have much of a view into the courtyard.

9. - Top - End - #1179

So what can Richard see, then? I thought the choice given to. Sean when it came to the line of sight/cover tradeoff and the rest of us being in cover but not having much of a view into the courtyard meant that we couldn't shoot directly, but apparently not. So for the sake of clarity, which of them are valid targets now?

10. - Top - End - #1180
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Volthawk View Post
    So what can Richard see, then? I thought the choice given to. Sean when it came to the line of sight/cover tradeoff and the rest of us being in cover but not having much of a view into the courtyard meant that we couldn't shoot directly, but apparently not. So for the sake of clarity, which of them are valid targets now?
    Richard, from your position, you have 12 valid targets. Half of those are sitting down.

11. - Top - End - #1181
    Ogre in the Playground

Note 7 on HT192 says "roll against HT-5 to recover each turn". Assuming HT stat of 12 and no protected senses, the target to beat would be, like, 7... (that is, if I get it right)
    My mistake, fixing it.

12. - Top - End - #1182
    Ettin in the Playground

DruidGuy

Hey, figured I’d drop in to say hi here and sort things out so that I can jump in with a minimum of fuss, sorting out the exact timing and circumstances of my arrival and the like.
    Quote Originally Posted by RadarMonkey1 View Post
    I suddenly feel that my character is not as optimized as it could be...

Oh well, it should still be fun.

13. - Top - End - #1183

Can we tell who's recovered from the stun and is getting ready to react, or is Richard too far away? Can't burst everyone again (8 shots left before reloading) so thinking about being more selective.

Quote Originally Posted by JbeJ275 View Post
    Hey, figured I’d drop in to say hi here and sort things out so that I can jump in with a minimum of fuss, sorting out the exact timing and circumstances of my arrival and the like.
    Hello. We're in the middle of a gunfight so probably not immediately, particularly given this particular fight is happening because of one of the deals we're being a little quieter about to most people (helping rescue the lieutenants of a defector from the raiders whose presence has been...controversial with our allies but with whom we're trying to work something good for everyone out).

14. - Top - End - #1184
    Ettin in the Playground

I'd like you to stay in the state for now.
    Hmmm... and that is exactly what Sean plans on not doing.

In one specific particular way, not going to ride all across the US and Canada, but... we've been informed, more than once, that the raiders are fleeing south to the camps outside of the state. Sean's plan was to locate some of those camps and subject them to some artillery bombardment, but I guess aerial bombardment will do. And with the new guy chiming in, this might occur sooner rather than later... objections?

15. - Top - End - #1185
    Ettin in the Playground

Can we tell who's recovered from the stun and is getting ready to react, or is Richard too far away? Can't burst everyone again (8 shots left before reloading) so thinking about being more selective.
    Whoa, take care! There is one Sean to the left of the entrance! You are cleared to target the half to the right, so far no one has recovered.

16. - Top - End - #1186
    Ogre in the Playground

You've caught us right in the beginning of a big nasty fight.
    It might be a while before we get a chance to introduce your character properly, although we can do it immediately after this combat.
    What say you, other players?

17. - Top - End - #1187

You've caught us right in the beginning of a big nasty fight.
    It might be a while before we get a chance to introduce your character properly, although we can do it immediately after this combat.
    What say you, other players?
    Works for me.

18. - Top - End - #1188
    Ettin in the Playground

Sean intends to be back to base after dealing with this location (we are not driving Blackwire's people straight to him). Should not take too much time after the combat is over. I am not sure how problematic would be a lone flying mutant appearing at the site in the dark, but I guess Sean would be somewhat more suspicious.

19. - Top - End - #1189
    Ettin in the Playground

DruidGuy

That works great for me. I have artillery (bombs) for that and, navigation (air) and cartography to pinpoint the location of the camps. Really the limit here is on how much lightweight explosive can be gotten together.

As for introduction time I’m good to land only after the fight is done, and have a reason to turn up at base after that.

One more thing, I’ve finished with the GCS and the sheet is slightly different to my myth weavers one with the help of the sheet doing calculations for me, but as it’s a file rather than a webpage I’m not sure how to share it without a discord or equivalent? Is there an email address I could send it to or something?

20. - Top - End - #1190

Quote Originally Posted by JbeJ275 View Post
    That works great for me. I have artillery (bombs) for that and, navigation (air) and cartography to pinpoint the location of the camps. Really the limit here is on how much lightweight explosive can be gotten together.

As for introduction time I’m good to land only after the fight is done, and have a reason to turn up at base after that.

One more thing, I’ve finished with the GCS and the sheet is slightly different to my myth weavers one with the help of the sheet doing calculations for me, but as it’s a file rather than a webpage I’m not sure how to share it without a discord or equivalent? Is there an email address I could send it to or something?
    The way I've done it is to use the print to pdf option in GCS and then put the resulting PDF up on Drive (looks like this, to use an example from another game).

21. - Top - End - #1191
    Ettin in the Playground

DruidGuy

The way I've done it is to use the print to pdf option in GCS and then put the resulting PDF up on Drive (looks like this, to use an example from another game).
    Okay, I think I've done that right. I had some help with the GCS stuff so it should be all fine but feel free to check. Ramsey
    Last edited by JbeJ275; 2022-06-19 at 04:17 PM.

22. - Top - End - #1192
    Ogre in the Playground

That's good. Thank you. Hope you enjoy the campaign.

23. - Top - End - #1193
    Ogre in the Playground

6 enemies are left, they're blind, spread out enough that a burst is wasting 2 bullets between targets.

24. - Top - End - #1194
    Ogre in the Playground

2 enemies left in the courtyard. Sean and Richard have spent FP, so keep track of that.

25. - Top - End - #1195
    Ettin in the Playground

2 enemies left in the courtyard. Sean and Richard have spent FP, so keep track of that.
    Sean eliminates another 4 enemies with heart shots in a 16 bullet spray...
    Oops. I did't account that +2 bullets wasted is per target. For a 8-yard-wide courtyard that seemed like a lot. Sean only has RoF 12, so maybe can target 5 hitting 4 if they are not evenly distributed (starting with the more dense side then, which can affect who gets hit). Alternatively, he targets 4 and hits 3, spending 10 bullets total.

26. - Top - End - #1196
    Ogre in the Playground

Yeah, call it 10 bullets total.

27. - Top - End - #1197
    Ogre in the Playground

Quick spot check before we go any further;

What is everyone's current encumbrance at this moment?
    What is everyone's gear holding in their hands at this moment?
    What do your NVGs do to your Vision exactly? Color Blindness? No Peripheral Vision?
    Current FP out of maximum?

28. - Top - End - #1198
    Ettin in the Playground

What is everyone's current encumbrance at this moment?
    What is everyone's gear holding in their hands at this moment?
    What do your NVGs do to your Vision exactly? Color Blindness? No Peripheral Vision?
    Current FP out of maximum?
    1. Sean is at no encumbrance at the moment.
    2. A loaded rifle.
    3. Per Basic Set, NVGs "just" give Night Vision 9. High-Tech clarifies that "In all cases, the user has Colorblindness (p. B127), No Depth Perception (p. B145), and No Peripheral Vision (p. B151) while using the optics.". Not sure why No Depth Perception on a binocular thing at short range, but that's quite bad on ranged attacks, as per One Eye on B147. If it applies, we should have used it for Richard's attacks, but that was quite a lot of indirection to dig out. Sean neither needs nor uses the things.
    4. I think Sean should be at max with that half an hour of effectively resting.

Sean has 2 frags and 3 flashbangs on his person. There should be a small backpack nearby (with the rest of the group, I guess), containing gas mask and three more frags, among other stuff. Now that Sean has expended some ammo, he can take and use some of that while remaining unencumbered.

A building of this size could have 5 big rooms (2 or 2.5 times that in smaller rooms) per floor. Probably bigger rooms on the lower floor than the upper floor.
    Whoops! Up to 25 rooms total and we have only 5 flashbangs, not counting those 40mm. I guess we'll have to conserve them. That means being sneaky until first contact, at least where it's dark. That, or letting the dogs irst.
    Last edited by u-b; 2022-06-29 at 07:56 AM.

29. - Top - End - #1199

Double-checked Richard's inventory and sorted out some odds and ends - fixing my forgetting to track recent ammo use (didn't remove ammo used during the power plant and slaver camp battles until now - he still has enough left over, because apparently Richard's carrying a massive amount of rifle ammunition, including a bunch of match-grade if Sean wants to take some by the way), making the pistol situation accurate (he now has the broken desert eagle carried in his pack, the old Colt is gone completely rather than being at 0 owned and the pistol ammo he can't use has been returned to the car since he wouldn't be carrying it around for no reason), moving the gas mask to my tab, etc.

With that done, Richard's combat load puts him at medium encumbrance, since he's got a lot more armour on than Sean (plates on both sides of the vest, chainmail sleeves and ballistic leggings, etc). He's presumably still holding his rifle at the moment (with a full magazine). He's still got his usual 1 frag + 2 flash grenade loadout, but he can grab more without going into heavy if necessary.

Fatigue-wise, he only used extra effort once during the battle, and it wasn't long enough to cause a fatigue cost by itself, so he's down one point. Might have recovered it, depending on if the interrogation was strenuous enough to prevent fatigue restoration or not (talking is mentioned as not preventing it, but maybe the more involved nature of interrogations means it stops restoration).

Noted on the NVG downsides, added to the description in my gear tab so I don't forget going forward.

30. - Top - End - #1200
    Ettin in the Playground

I should get a better hold on Tariq's sheet and stuff, but I am pretty sure he should also be at medium encumbrance if he has his tightly-packed backpack on the ground, which he probably does. He holds a Milkor full of frags (TL7 HE x9, then TL8 HEDP x3), wears NVGs and is not tired.

Bart would be at light encumbrance, holding a shotgun with 4 flechette shots, also backpack on the ground, NVGs, not tired.

Waffle House men at whatever encumbrance (probably light), holding shotguns with 5 flechette shots each, maybe have backpacks on the ground, not tired. They don't see much outside of the courtyard, but if someone illuminates the scenery, are ready to act.