New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 41 of 50 FirstFirst ... 163132333435363738394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,230 of 1472
  1. - Top - End - #1201
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Worse Than the Disease OOC

Roger that.

If your character make a change to that SOP/loadout, try to highlight it in bolded OC text?
    Anachronism will never high-light the folly of my convictions!

2. - Top - End - #1202
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Shoot Da Moon View Post
    Roger that.

If your character make a change to that SOP/loadout, try to highlight it in bolded OC text?
    Richard's loadout shouldn't change until we next have a good amount of downtime and do shopping and/or repairs - the latter would mean his pistol getting repaired, and there's a few possibilities with the former (like getting this shield we ordered but haven't bought yet).

Quote Originally Posted by u-b View Post
    [COLOR="#8B4513"]
    Spoiler
    Show
    It is a free action for a familiar shooter to either disengage the safety or turn the light on, so if Richard waits with the gun on full auto, turning the light on will not take him time.
    It is? Last time this was brought up, I was told I needed Lightning Fingers for it to not take an action, not just being familiar. I mean, I have the perk now so it doesn't matter, but still. Good to know for the future.

Plan sounds good to me, by the by.

3. - Top - End - #1203
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Volthawk View Post
    It is? Last time this was brought up, I was told I needed Lightning Fingers for it to not take an action, not just being familiar. I mean, I have the perk now so it doesn't matter, but still. Good to know for the future.
    I'm positive about the safety switch: HT80 "Handling". Reading more about the light, I am not sure its switch is as conveniently located, but it might be right under left hand. At worst, if we combine B346 "Time Spent" of -10 with B345 "Task Difficulty" of +10, then it seems an unmodified DX roll or Guns (Rifle) roll should do that in no time, but yeah, DM's approval. Not more difficult than just drawing a gun, I am sure.
    Last edited by u-b; 2022-06-30 at 01:57 PM.

4. - Top - End - #1204
    Ogre in the Playground

The darkness penalty inside the building's lobby is -9 everywhere BUT within 3 yards out of the floodlight's beam (-3 darkness 3 yards out of the beam, no darkness within the floodlight beam).

5. - Top - End - #1205
    Ettin in the Playground

1. Since Sean entertains the idea of going to that corner and throwing a flashbang towards the floodlight... how much of the lobby he will expose himself to? I mean, if the floodlight is in one specific direction, and the bad guys are everywhere else, how many bad guys could be positioned as to comfortably target Sean in the process?
    2. How many flashbangs to cover the lobby?
    3. When Sean was walking around the building, did he notice any fire escape stairs or something leading to the second floor?

6. - Top - End - #1206
    Ogre in the Playground

1. Since Sean entertains the idea of going to that corner and throwing a flashbang towards the floodlight... how much of the lobby he will expose himself to? I mean, if the floodlight is in one specific direction, and the bad guys are everywhere else, how many bad guys could be positioned as to comfortably target Sean in the process?
    2. How many flashbangs to cover the lobby?
    3. When Sean was walking around the building, did he notice any fire escape stairs or something leading to the second floor?
    1) Going around the corner exposes you to all of the lobby, not taking the darkness into account. Heck, you're already exposed to most of the lobby just standing in the front door - if it wasn't for the darkness. If the bad guys are in the corner with the floodlight, they'd not see you until you went around or past the corner. They'd not see you if you were merely standing by the front door. Judging by what you can see of the walls, the area around the corner is a good 4 by 3 yards of area?
    2) The square yards of area in the lobby? One or two.
    3) No, no fire escape stairs or ways into the second floor unless you bust open the metal window shutters/barricades. Maybe if you got up onto the roof...?

7. - Top - End - #1207

To be clear, Richard's going with Sean's plan as is.

8. - Top - End - #1208
    Ogre in the Playground

No bullets wasted on the burst, they were side by side.

Two men super dead...

9. - Top - End - #1209
    Ogre in the Playground

The door was locked, no penalty to the roll. Sean got it opened.

10. - Top - End - #1210
    Ogre in the Playground

I am not sure I am getting it right, but the plan should be like this, if reasonable:
    1. We get Bart back inside, with NVGs off and face mask on.
    2. We also have Richard with NVGs off, visor on, tactical light on.
    3. They should occupy the most of the width of any corridor following a dog through any and all areas not including the vault.
    4. Sean would cover them from some distance behind, maybe stopping near the corners, as-of-yet-unchecked doorways and intersections and that sort of thing.
    5. If the dog notices any presence, we stop and Sean comes forward to 'bang them.
    Interesting plan. Other players, what say you?

BTW, sorry new player, for not getting you into the action right away. I had hoped we'd get to you ASAP.

11. - Top - End - #1211

Yeah, that sounds like a solid plan to me.

12. - Top - End - #1212
    Ettin in the Playground

DruidGuy

No worries. Combat always takes a while, I'm good coming in whenever makes the most sense for everyone.
    Quote Originally Posted by RadarMonkey1 View Post
    I suddenly feel that my character is not as optimized as it could be...

Oh well, it should still be fun.

13. - Top - End - #1213
    Ettin in the Playground

What's your encumbrance levels and ready weapons now?
    Sean: none and rifle reloaded with a full magazine
    Bart: out of this one, but light and shotgun with 4 multi-flechettes
    Tariq: medium and the grenade launcher full of some stuff (Volthawk's final say on what's there, I think my earlier proposal should be modified given new intel)
    Shotgunners: probably light encumbrance, shotguns with 5 multi-flechettes each

Special considerations:
    1. If they have the headlights on, Tariq will use the visor (not NVGs).
    2. The actual plan will depend on whether they have headlights on and whether they advance straight towards Sean, making it possible to target most with a butst, and the exact arrangement of the van and the bikes. I'd like to know to what extent this is true and what the actual arrangement is.

Supposing they ride more-or-less straight at Sean, the rough plan would be like this:
    1. Sean gets the driver and maybe the guys in the van and maybe some bikers.
    2. The shotgunners take a lead biker each (illuminated by the rest of the procession).
    3. Tariq puts a flashbang at remaining four bikers.
    4. Then the shotgunners take out anyone who emerges from the cloud (might be at least two more of the bikers, given the inertia), Sean targets those who remain in the cloud, Tariq places the second flashbang at the van and then illuminates the scenery and then watches for anyone trying to return fire.

14. - Top - End - #1214
    Ogre in the Playground

Sean: none and rifle reloaded with a full magazine
    Bart: out of this one, but light and shotgun with 4 multi-flechettes
    Tariq: medium and the grenade launcher full of some stuff (Volthawk's final say on what's there, I think my earlier proposal should be modified given new intel)
    Shotgunners: probably light encumbrance, shotguns with 5 multi-flechettes each

Special considerations:
    1. If they have the headlights on, Tariq will use the visor (not NVGs).
    2. The actual plan will depend on whether they have headlights on and whether they advance straight towards Sean, making it possible to target most with a butst, and the exact arrangement of the van and the bikes. I'd like to know to what extent this is true and what the actual arrangement is.

Supposing they ride more-or-less straight at Sean, the rough plan would be like this:
    1. Sean gets the driver and maybe the guys in the van and maybe some bikers.
    2. The shotgunners take a lead biker each (illuminated by the rest of the procession).
    3. Tariq puts a flashbang at remaining four bikers.
    4. Then the shotgunners take out anyone who emerges from the cloud (might be at least two more of the bikers, given the inertia), Sean targets those who remain in the cloud, Tariq places the second flashbang at the van and then illuminates the scenery and then watches for anyone trying to return fire.
    They have their headlights on. The bikes are in the following positions; one on each side of the van, two behind the van, and two in front of the van (distances from the van in all cases is about two yards) Each bike has one rider on it. The van seems to have one driver and one fellow slaver riding shotgun.

Richard won't be able to interrogate someone for 30 minutes before the outriders arrive at the bank and pull in. He'll be lucky to get 5 minutes, even.

Do you think our new players would okay with playing a NPC in the fight to come?

15. - Top - End - #1215
    Ettin in the Playground

Do you think our new players would okay with playing a NPC in the fight to come?
    If he wouldn't mind, I'd hand him both Waffle House men. You provide the stats and I provide the gearing.

@Volthawk: Still waiting on you to confirm you'll be playing Tariq while Richard is busy.

16. - Top - End - #1216

If he wouldn't mind, I'd hand him both Waffle House men. You provide the stats and I provide the gearing.

@Volthawk: Still waiting on you to confirm you'll be playing Tariq while Richard is busy.
    Oh right, sorry. Yeah, that sounds good to me.

17. - Top - End - #1217
    Ettin in the Playground

DruidGuy

I’d be chill hijacking an NPC for a scene or two.

18. - Top - End - #1218
    Ettin in the Playground

Sean would like the lead bikers as close as 20 yards by the time he starts shooting (longer if they seem to start suspecting something: we haven't tended to the fires, but we have not extinquished them either, so it depends on what kind of fuel they burn and how fast it burns out; and there are definitely the corpses all around in the however dark courtyard). Probably different distance from Tariq's, but Sean makes sure it is at least 15 yards so that the grenades would arm.

19. - Top - End - #1219
    Ogre in the Playground

The Waffle House Men have the following stats;
    ST 10, DX 11, IQ 10, HT 11, HP 10, FP 11, Will 11, Per 11, Basic Speed 6.00, Move 6, Dodge 9
    Fit, Sense of Duty (Community)
    Brawling-13, Fast-Draw (Ammo)-12, First Aid-11, Guns (Shotgun, Pistol, Rifle)-13, Hiking-12, Wrestling-12.

Sean would like the lead bikers as close as 20 yards by the time he starts shooting (longer if they seem to start suspecting something: we haven't tended to the fires, but we have not extinguished them either, so it depends on what kind of fuel they burn and how fast it burns out; and there are definitely the corpses all around in the however dark courtyard). Probably different distance from Tariq's, but Sean makes sure it is at least 15 yards so that the grenades would arm.
    The fires have not gone out yet. The fires have good fuel, and will burn for another 2 hours without another helping of firewood.

20. - Top - End - #1220
    Ettin in the Playground

The Waffle House Men have the following equipment each, as per the "Arsenal" section of the "Base" table:

TL5 Face Mask (B284, double DR)
    TL5 Mail Coif (B284, double DR)
    TL5 Mail Sleeves (B283, double DR)
    TL5 Steel Corselet (HT66)
    TL5 Studded Leather Skirt (B283, improved DR)
    TL5 Shin Guards (HT68)
    TL6 Pump Shotgun, 12G (B279)
    TL6 Shoutgun Slug x10 (HT166)
    TL7 Multi-Flechette x5 (HT103) - this is what they have loaded in the shotguns
    TL7 M67 Grenade (HT192)
    TL7 Diehl DM51 Grenade (HT192)

This is the stuff provided by us, so it's accounted for. They probably have some stuff of their own as they have had some equipment before, including the cheaper shotguns. Particularly, they might have:

Boots
    Gloves
    Shotdun Shots
    Backpacks
    Personal Basics
    Food / Water
    etc.

21. - Top - End - #1221
    Ogre in the Playground

Sounds good.

To make sure I got it right; the plan is to let the arriving enemies get 20 yards close, maybe more if they spot the corpses, and then start shooting.

Tariq is taking the first shot, his grenade?

If so, and Richard approves, roll the dice...

22. - Top - End - #1222
    Ettin in the Playground

No, we want to try to take the vehicles more or less intact, so Tariq should be with flashbangs and gas grenades, which cause smoke, which limits the visibility. That is why he is to shoot last. I'll do my action for Sean and then Waffle House men are to take out two lead bikers.

23. - Top - End - #1223
    Ettin in the Playground

@JbeJ275: your turn.

24. - Top - End - #1224
    Ettin in the Playground

DruidGuy

Umm... OK. I don't currently have access to HT so can someone explain what the special ammunition actually does.

25. - Top - End - #1225
    Ettin in the Playground

Normal 12G shot from a pump-action shotgun is 2x9 1d6+1 pi up to 50 yards.
    Mult-Flechete 12G shot from a pump-action shotgun is 2x20 1d6+1 pi- up to 100 yards.

More shots means better RoF bonus means more hits, but pi- means less damage per hit.

26. - Top - End - #1226
    Ogre in the Playground

The van driver and the man riding shotgun in the van are both hit and killed.
    Passengers in the van are all hit.
    One of the bikers gets hit, his armor absorbs the hits.

Tariq launches the flashbang...and hits dead-on.

27. - Top - End - #1227
    Ettin in the Playground

DruidGuy

Can we tell from this distance whether they have padding over the vitals or just unusually heavy torso armour?

28. - Top - End - #1228
    Ettin in the Playground

1. Have the vehicles moved any distance after being subjected to flashbang?
    2. To what extent are they under control?
    3. Is any of them out of he smoke already?

29. - Top - End - #1229
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by JbeJ275 View Post
    Can we tell from this distance whether they have padding over the vitals or just unusually heavy torso armour?
    Nope.

1. Have the vehicles moved any distance after being subjected to flashbang?
    2. To what extent are they under control?
    3. Is any of them out of he smoke already?
    1) It's just been a second, so they've only moved 5 yards.
    2) Only one is in control. The rest are moving straight without steering. They have to roll 1d each turn, a roll greater than the SR (2), the motorcycle rolls or spins out into a crash 2 yards away and the rider suffers damage from a 5 yard fall.
    3) Probably not. The cloud of smoke is bigger than 5 yards, right?

30. - Top - End - #1230
    Ettin in the Playground

DruidGuy

What’s the size penalty to target the enemy wheels?