New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 45 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2035363738394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,350 of 1472
  1. - Top - End - #1321
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Worse Than the Disease OOC

Well done.

All PCs get 1 CP for taking the outpost and defeating the monsters.

BTW, have your PCs been maintaining your guns? That was a hard battle back there, lots of shooting.
    See B484-485 rules on maintenance, if you could.
    Last edited by Shoot Da Moon; 2022-12-02 at 11:52 AM. Reason: Additonal
    Anachronism will never high-light the folly of my convictions!

2. - Top - End - #1322
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Shoot Da Moon View Post
    BTW, have your PCs been maintaining your guns? That was a hard battle back there, lots of shooting.
    Sean has a Gun-Cleaning Kit, so, I assume, uses it with some regularity, given spare time. We didn't have a lot of that lately, but Sean only needs little sleep, so he's probably good. He might perform some crude diagnostics each time he disassembles the rifle to clean it, and, if something suspicious is found, should take a note of it and get help from Richard or Tariq.

Also, please review and correct my interpretation of loot (lines 330+ here; ammo and normal human food are just added above).

3. - Top - End - #1323
    Firbolg in the Playground

Richard's got a full Armoury tool kit, and the skill, so he's got the capabilities to maintain his stuff and keep it up and running. Time-wise...I haven't been keeping track of exact hours available per day, but there's often times where Sean's headed out to scout around or the like, or he's finished interrogations early, or similar cases where he'd be able to look after his gear.

Speaking of skills, Richard's now 1 CP off finally getting that +1 IQ and improving pretty much everything that isn't shooting by 1.

4. - Top - End - #1324
    Ogre in the Playground

Alright, you two can be assured your guns are up to snuff even after heavy use.

Quote Originally Posted by u-b View Post
    Also, please review and correct my interpretation of loot (lines 330+ here; ammo and normal human food are just added above).
    That loot sheet is correct, and good. You recorded it all well. The steel drum being less valuable than a wooden barrel may be explained by weight issues? Perhaps the metal is easier to find or craft than wood?

Quote Originally Posted by Volthawk View Post
    Speaking of skills, Richard's now 1 CP off finally getting that +1 IQ and improving pretty much everything that isn't shooting by 1.
    Good for you! Can you post the updated character sheet here and/or in PMs, for record keeping?

5. - Top - End - #1325
    Ettin in the Playground

Alright, you two can be assured your guns are up to snuff even after heavy use.
    We probably should check the cars sooner or later when we are back to base and have some free time.

The merchants in Bread Basket gladly accept the horses at the offered price - they need the animals for farming. The gear and feed fetches their full value.
    The security forces have room in their budget to buy the guns, and the visiting merchants also express interest in weaponry. Sean can get the full value of the firearms. Ditto the armour pieces.
    Since they give a good price, we'll sell most of what is for sale. The proposed payment will look something like this (lines 221+). Not sure what the delivery would cost. Currently pricing it at 5% or $13800 total. Given labor and gas costs, this should well cover all of the expenses, including hiring some guards. One truckload is to go to Radar Base and the remaining 22 are to go to Gunmetal. The stuff does not have to be all Canned Food, which is used as a generalization. There should be some of it, but the rest can be any reasonable combination including grains, jerky, cattle, oils, etc. giving about the same cost and weight. Deviations can be debated.
    Last edited by u-b; 2022-12-07 at 12:51 AM.

6. - Top - End - #1326

Good for you! Can you post the updated character sheet here and/or in PMs, for record keeping?
    Sure, here's where Richard is at now:
    Richard Clark
    Spoiler
    Show

Character Points: 150/-50 (-5 quirks) + 46 earned
    Unspent CP: 0
    Spoiler
    Show

Total: 46
    Gains:
    2: Nightbear Encounter
    2: Slaves
    3: Reaching Radar Base
    3: Capturing Radar Base
    2: Surviving First Attack
    1: Surviving Second Attack
    5: Resort Battle
    2: Red Mark
    2: Slaver Camp
    4: Slave Rescue
    1: Waffle House Defence
    5: Mutant Base
    7: Slaver Camp/Battle Bus
    2: Merchant Rescue
    2: Power Plant
    1: Prisoner Rescue
    1: Zombie Attack
    1: [something I missed]

Attributes (150)
    Spoiler
    Show

ST 12 [20] DX 13 [60] IQ 13 [60] HT 11 [10]
    Secondary
    Damage 1d-1/1d+2, BL 29
    HP 12/12 [0] Per 13 [0] Will 13 [0] FP 11 [0]
    Basic Speed 6 [0] Basic Move 6 [0]

Advantages (43)
    Spoiler
    Show

Charisma 2 [10]
    Combat Reflexes [15]
    Fit [5]
    Lightning Fingers [1]
    Reputation +3 (Heroic, Settlers, 10 or less) [3-1 free=2]
    Voice [10]
    Weapon Bond (M14 Rifle) [1]

Disadvantages (-50/-5)
    Spoiler
    Show

Chummy [-5]
    Distinctive Feature (Red Mark) [-1 - Free]
    Easy to Read [-10]
    Guilt Complex [-5]
    Overconfidence [-5]
    Pacifism (Can't Kill Innocents) [-10]
    Selfless [-5]
    Sense of Duty (Group) [-5]
    Truthfulness [-5]
    Quirks
    Broad-Minded, Carries family heirloom, Idealistic about the old world, Prefers to offer enemies surrender, Responsive

Skills (58)
    Spoiler
    Show

Armoury (Small Arms) (A) IQ+1 [4]-14
    Brawling (E) DX+1 [2]-14
    Criminology (A) IQ [2]-2
    Detect Lies (H) Per [4]-13
    Diplomacy (H) IQ [4]-15
    Driving (A) DX [2]-13
    Electronic Operations (Communications) (E) IQ [1]-13
    Fast-Draw (Ammo) (E) DX+CR [1]-14
    Fast-Draw (Pistol) (E) DX+CR [1]-14
    Fast-Draw (Rifle) (E) DX+CR [1]-14
    Fast-Draw (Sword) (E) DX+CR [1]-14
    First Aid (E) IQ [1]-13
    Guns (Pistols) (E) DX+2 [4]-15
    Guns (Rifles) (E) DX+2 [3]-15 (16 with M14)
    Intelligence Analysis (H) IQ-1 [2]-12
    Interrogation (A) IQ-1 [1]-12
    Intimidation (A) Will [2]-13
    Leadership (A) IQ-1 [1]-15
    Merchant (A) IQ+1 [4]-14
    Observation (A) Per [2]-13
    Public Speaking (A) IQ [2]-17
    Search (A) Per [2]-13
    Shield (A) DX+1 [4]-14
    Shortsword (A) DX+1 [4]-14
    Stealth (A DX-1 [1]-12
    Tactics (H) IQ-1 [2]-12

Gear:
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...gid=1727282323
    Medium encumbrance w/ combat load

Combat
    Spoiler
    Show

DR: Skull 12, Face 10, Eyes 10, Neck 0, Torso 12/5* (+23F, +5R), Groin 12/5*, Arms 8/4*, Hands 2*, Legs 12/5F*, Feet 2* (split DR high vs pi/cu except for arms that are low vs cr and high otherwise)
    Dodge 10 (8 combat/7 travel) Parry 11 (shortsword) Block 11 (shield - not usually used), +1 DB when shield is out (not vs firearms)

As always, would appreciate a check if I haven't missed any CP since last time.
    Last edited by Volthawk; 2022-12-07 at 04:19 PM.

7. - Top - End - #1327
    Ettin in the Playground

Sure, here's where Richard is at now:
    Unspent CP: 19

ST 12 [20] DX 13 [60] IQ 12 [40] HT 11 [10]
    I doubt this is the case, unless you mean "now" as "then before the last night".

As always, would appreciate a check if I haven't missed any CP since last time.
    I rather expect you to worth 196 points, IQ 13, 0 unspent.

8. - Top - End - #1328

I doubt this is the case, unless you mean "now" as "then before the last night".

I rather expect you to worth 196 points, IQ 13, 0 unspent.
    Ah, I wasn't clear. My count has me at 195 points, 19 unspent after the CP we just got - I was saying that Richard was now 1 point away from the IQ boost, not that he'd reached it. If you're at 196 though, then I did just miss one somewhere and I can get the IQ now.

9. - Top - End - #1329
    Ettin in the Playground

Ah, I wasn't clear. My count has me at 195 points, 19 unspent after the CP we just got - I was saying that Richard was now 1 point away from the IQ boost, not that he'd reached it. If you're at 196 though, then I did just miss one somewhere and I can get the IQ now.
    My count gives me 194 without details of how it got there and including a -2 for mutation which you don't have. So, I think you should have 196, but I don't have the proof.

In other news, I hereby acquire Fast-Draw (Ammo) and Dual-Ready (Grenade) for a grand total of 2 points. I'll keep the remainder until a later time.

10. - Top - End - #1330
    Ogre in the Playground

Since they give a good price, we'll sell most of what is for sale. The proposed payment will look something like this (lines 221+). Not sure what the delivery would cost. Currently pricing it at 5% or $13800 total. Given labor and gas costs, this should well cover all of the expenses, including hiring some guards. One truckload is to go to Radar Base and the remaining 22 are to go to Gunmetal. The stuff does not have to be all Canned Food, which is used as a generalization. There should be some of it, but the rest can be any reasonable combination including grains, jerky, cattle, oils, etc. giving about the same cost and weight. Deviations can be debated.
    Okay. Done deal. Delivery fee being 5% is good, mark it down. Other types of food consumables are available, yes.
    Merchant roll successful. (Not sure if that roll was needed, but better safe than sorry.)

11. - Top - End - #1331

My count gives me 194 without details of how it got there and including a -2 for mutation which you don't have. So, I think you should have 196, but I don't have the proof.
    Hm, okay. I did feel like I might have not put something down, like I was one away already but didn't update things properly, so that tracks.

12. - Top - End - #1332
    Ogre in the Playground

Did you guys mark off the food/rations eaten and water drank yesterday and today yet? You have enough, even for your NPC followers, just make sure to record how much you have.

13. - Top - End - #1333
    Ettin in the Playground

The scavenger gangs are within 20 miles of the city, but the cabin is further away than that.
    Are you sure? The last time...
    The enemies hiked through the woods for 30 minutes, judging by the way they follow.

14. - Top - End - #1334
    Ogre in the Playground

Are you sure? The last time...
    Oh, you are right. My mistake.

15. - Top - End - #1335
    Ogre in the Playground

Richard, analysing the papers will require a roll of either Criminology or Intelligence Analysis, whichever is lower. But you can use the one you're not using as a complementary roll, as well as Streetwise.

16. - Top - End - #1336
    Ettin in the Playground

Is Sean walking the 4 miles? That decides the travel time...
    Sean is walking, dogs are walking, everyone else is riding. The speed is up to 7..8 yards per second, depending on the terrain, so 15+ minutes total, likely still less than an hour (as per B351, Sean can make up to 70 miles per day under idieal conditions). Also, of interest:
    1. Did the men's trails diverge from the things' trails at any spot up to here?
    2. How far is Sean from the action?
    3. How does "ablaze" relate with "firefight"? Is the building on fire with people shooting out or in?

17. - Top - End - #1337
    Ogre in the Playground

Sean is walking, dogs are walking, everyone else is riding. The speed is up to 7..8 yards per second, depending on the terrain, so 15+ minutes total, likely still less than an hour (as per B351, Sean can make up to 70 miles per day under idieal conditions). Also, of interest:
    1. Did the men's trails diverge from the things' trails at any spot up to here?
    2. How far is Sean from the action?
    3. How does "ablaze" relate with "firefight"? Is the building on fire with people shooting out or in?
    1) The trails of the people do not match up with the monsters' trail much. Most likely, they never crossed paths.
    2) 15 yards.
    3) The building is on fire, there has obviously been a shootout here (pretty big bullet holes in the barn, for a start). No-one is CURRENTLY shooting anything. You don't see anyone around.

18. - Top - End - #1338
    Ettin in the Playground

The men demand the volunteer explain who he is and why he is approaching them.
    Here goes Volthawk, I suppose.

19. - Top - End - #1339
    Ogre in the Playground

Are you waiting on me to post again, or waiting on someone else?

20. - Top - End - #1340
    Ettin in the Playground

I think you should respond to Volthawk's post. Sean will wait and, from hiding, aim at the man with the rifle. Not doing much besides that.

21. - Top - End - #1341
    Ettin in the Playground

2. Were there any other fresh tracks leaving the farm?
    There were fresh tracks from the farm. No more than 4 to 6 hours old when Sean and his comrades arrived?
    I mean, there is just one set of tracks leaving the farm, the one we have been following?

22. - Top - End - #1342
    Ogre in the Playground

I mean, there is just one set of tracks leaving the farm, the one we have been following?
    Oh. Yes. Just one set of tracks leaving the farm recently.

23. - Top - End - #1343
    Ogre in the Playground

Sean remains hidden and calls Richard again. He tells he expects Richard to arrive at the raider's outpost before it gets too dark and that he'll be greeted by a man with NVGs waiting there in a car to lead him the rest of the way. Sean designates "his" car for the mission, the one with the radio, and issues an order to retreat from anything dog-sized and up. The remaining car is to be camouflaged with a net and some bushes near where it is.

Spoiler
    Show
    The plan is to get Richard into action in some reasonable time. We will attack when darkness is about -6. Hopefully, they will turn on illumination and/or go to bed by that time. Also, everyone will be fully rested. Also, the hunters will return, if they are from here. Any transportation anywhere nearby or maybe a garage?
    Richard, your ride to Sean's position will go smoothly enough. Join the action, no rolls needed.
    It will take about four hours before it gets that dark.
    The gas station does not appear to have any transport nearby, but it does have a closed garage. There could be cars or motorcycles in there, even one big rig truck.

24. - Top - End - #1344
    Ettin in the Playground

Is that dropped grenade live? Well, one of you has Unluckiness, IIRC...How long has it been since it last triggered, in-game time?
    Yes, Sean has Unluckiness. This should have little consequence now, because that's not the second (cooked) grenade that's dropped, it's the third grenade Sean tried to fast-draw. He has Dual Ready perk and was trying to ready it the same moment, so the question is basically whether he has to do something about that grenade or can just ignore it and draw another one.

OC: both of you control your NPC followers this combat. They act before the hostiles.
    The militia will not see a thing before there is illumination, so will just wait. Bart may shoot some. Richard's option.
    Last edited by u-b; 2023-01-17 at 01:45 AM.

25. - Top - End - #1345
    Ogre in the Playground

I'm invoking your Unluckiness.

The third grenade is live.

26. - Top - End - #1346
    Ettin in the Playground

More screams from inside follow the second explosion. Sean is lucky that the loud noises aren't affecting his hearing (so far).
    Sean has Protected Hearing from the helmet equipment (Tactical Headset), giving him +5 to HT for a total 17, so that part is not really surprising.

27. - Top - End - #1347
    Ogre in the Playground

Yeah.

Your Unluckiness does not "recharge" until another in-game week passes, BTW.

28. - Top - End - #1348
    Ettin in the Playground

Your Unluckiness does not "recharge" until another in-game week passes, BTW.
    Okay. That one was not very unlucky unluckyness. Heck, if Sean is as lucky as he's recently been, I think I'll be buying it off. Meanwhile, I'll put something on the sheet. Do we have a date to record or do I just refer to the post?

Unrelated, I've finally recorded us eating two days worth of meals. Not sure about the lodging. Presumably Richard has taken the mast militia guy along (Sean took the other two), and we are not returning tonight, but we've been based somewhere in the city, including reading papers and all that.

29. - Top - End - #1349
    Ogre in the Playground

Okay. That one was not very unlucky unluckyness. Heck, if Sean is as lucky as he's recently been, I think I'll be buying it off. Meanwhile, I'll put something on the sheet. Do we have a date to record or do I just refer to the post?

Unrelated, I've finally recorded us eating two days worth of meals. Not sure about the lodging. Presumably Richard has taken the mast militia guy along (Sean took the other two), and we are not returning tonight, but we've been based somewhere in the city, including reading papers and all that.
    We can do both, the thread is searchable and you can make a note of it. That's what I've been doing.

Okay, my log says you've been staying at a Bread Basket hostel for sleeping.

30. - Top - End - #1350
    Ettin in the Playground

Okay, my log says you've been staying at a Bread Basket hostel for sleeping.
    One night has been accounted for. The question is about today and this second night. We have not yet returned for a full night's stay, and I'm not sure if we will, but we have probably reserved some facilities and/or used them during the day. How much does it cost us?