New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 48 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2338394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,411 to 1,440 of 1472
  1. - Top - End - #1411
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Worse Than the Disease OOC

I think more people are going in, per #807, #809 and #810:
    1. Richard goes first, so the door FP is on him.
    2. Sean goes second, possibly overtaking Richard.
    3. The dogs, possibly overtaking us both (just rolled for Bart to command them, it is a success).

Can we have a hand-drawn scheme of where we are enteting, with some rough distances? The intent per #810 is to go separate routes, at least a little, but I have no intention what leeway we have.

2. - Top - End - #1412
    Ogre in the Playground

The store’s back room, where the back door and dynamite are, is a rectangle, the way over to the other rooms is a simple open way (the door was removed long ago). The way through opens up to a corridor going to the front area and a set of stairs going up. The corridor is about 10 yards long, the entry to the front area comes 5 yards before the stairs, the stairs are at the end.
    Going to the corridor from the back room door is 10 yards.
    The det cord goes up the stairs.
    Anachronism will never high-light the folly of my convictions!

3. - Top - End - #1413
    Ogre in the Playground

Richard, I assume you are keeping up with Sean as best as you can?

4. - Top - End - #1414
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Shoot Da Moon View Post
    Richard, I assume you are keeping up with Sean as best as you can?
    Yeah, sorry, got a little mixed up in the situation there but yes, that's the plan.

5. - Top - End - #1415
    Ogre in the Playground

The grenade destroys most of the door.

6. - Top - End - #1416
    Ogre in the Playground

The upper floor hostiles are affected by the flash bang.

7. - Top - End - #1417
    Ogre in the Playground

The sub machine guns are all Bergmann MP18/I SMG. All eight have magazines loaded in, some of which are empty after the shootout. 3 more SMG magazines are in the upper floor room. 100 bullets for them are in total found in the search.

Composite crossbows are described in High-Tech. TL 7, ST 10+2: 1d+3 imp, Acc 4, Shots 1(4), Range 240/300, cost $(150x2)x8= $2400.
    +2 ST for Damage and Range without increasing draw strength, x2 cost then x8 cost.

8. - Top - End - #1418
    Ettin in the Playground

metal mail corselets
    This is the first time I hear about these things, can you clarify? Also, are they TL4, TL5 light or TL5 strong?

The illegal drugs are opioid pills and syringes of heroin.
    We might need the amounts.
    Last edited by u-b; 2023-04-13 at 11:47 PM.

9. - Top - End - #1419
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by u-b View Post
    This is the first time I hear about these things, can you clarify? Also, are they TL4, TL5 light or TL5 strong?

We might need the amounts.
    It is TL 2, $230, 25 lbs., and DR 4/2* for the torso, neck, groin and vitals. They are not Cheap because they are made well enough of proper materials.

30 doses of heroin, 75 pills. You can get a huge payday for them, but most settlements ban them.

10. - Top - End - #1420
    Ettin in the Playground

The sub machine guns are all Bergmann MP18/I SMG.
    Thinking of it, do they have, or seem to have had, serial numbers and/or factory marks?

11. - Top - End - #1421
    Ogre in the Playground

Thinking of it, do they have, or seem to have had, serial numbers and/or factory marks?
    Yes. Not serial numbers, but definitely factory marks. It was made with advanced technology infrastructure that is rare in the New World.

12. - Top - End - #1422
    Ogre in the Playground

Everyone gains 1 bonus Character Point for successfully rescuing Daisy!

Richard learned a dangerous secret. Daisy is a mutant.
    The exiles must decide if they inform Bread Basket security about Daisy's drug smuggling.
    It seems the gas station is not even a little safe...

13. - Top - End - #1423
    Ettin in the Playground

Hmm... Sean was primarily intending to find an elevated fighting position for the militia, where they can hold against quadrupeds while Sean, Richard and Bart are below. A telephone pole does not quite cut it. We can get down all together, but then we might have to be creative getting up. If there no such position reachable anywhere, Sean might consider barricading on first floor.

The sheet PMed.

14. - Top - End - #1424

Hm. For the Reputation thing, is it a situation where only one of us needs it improved for the group to benefit, or should Richard do the same to ensure it works (particularly given he's often the first one that does some talking)? If not, I suppose he's getting Interrogation up from IQ-1 to IQ.

15. - Top - End - #1425
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Volthawk View Post
    Daisy's mutations get a shrug from Richard, and while they're alone he quietly explains that they're not in the business of hunting mutants - hell, they've been able to negotiate with some of them, and in any case are well aware of the difference between the mutants that come from the cloning facilities and those that weren't mutated before but have become so after contact with certain Old World compounds (he's assuming Daisy is in the latter category). He's not going to say anything.
    Does he do that with his helmet radio on or off?

16. - Top - End - #1426

Does he do that with his helmet radio on or off?
    Oh, off comms, but his Truthfulness means that if the topic of Daisy has come up between Richard and Sean after that point, it'll probably come up - he's not actively telling Sean at the time, but he's not deliberately keeping it a secret either, if that makes sense.
    Last edited by Volthawk; 2023-04-16 at 07:28 AM.

17. - Top - End - #1427
    Ogre in the Playground

The two of you need to think of a plan to protect yourselves from the wolves or avoid them, before it gets dark or the packs close in.

18. - Top - End - #1428
    Ettin in the Playground

The two of you need to think of a plan to protect yourselves from the wolves or avoid them, before it gets dark or the packs close in.
    Hmm... Sean was primarily intending to find an elevated fighting position for the militia, where they can hold against quadrupeds while Sean, Richard and Bart are below. A telephone pole does not quite cut it. We can get down all together, but then we might have to be creative getting up. If there no such position reachable anywhere, Sean might consider barricading on first floor.
    Well, we have two plans, and might invent some more if these look like they are not going to work.
    Last edited by u-b; 2023-04-17 at 10:01 AM.

19. - Top - End - #1429
    Ogre in the Playground

So Sean thinks he and his allies should dig in inside the gas station and underground?
    What does Richard think?

20. - Top - End - #1430
    Ettin in the Playground

So Sean thinks he and his allies should dig in inside the gas station and underground?
    I do not think we'll have to barricade underground. Either the roof or floor one. The raiders seemed to have some barricades around the building, so the materials are around, but it is at the moment unclear how much open space we have to cover (empty doorways, windows and such) and how long it is going to take. And Sean is not proposing anything yet, he is evaluating the options.

21. - Top - End - #1431

Oh, did I forget to put it my post? Richard's not entirely sure, but given the fear factor has suggested gunning for the Gutter entrance (so even if some wolves do go down there, they're funneled so we won't get overwhelmed as easy), and then seeing the lay of the land on the way out. That does depend on how much distance there is between us and the entrance (ie how long we'll need to be in the open), the distance between us and where the wolves may be hiding (we know how far from the station they probably are, not sure if they can catch us closer before we get to the open area around the station or if its clear around us too), and whether or not the fortification plan would be a better solution. So yes, it depends.

22. - Top - End - #1432
    Ogre in the Playground

Are you waiting on me, or am I waiting on you?
    I think I answered all your questions and reacted to what you guys were doing?

23. - Top - End - #1433
    Ettin in the Playground

I still am pretty sure I don't understand the situation, so not doing anything IC until I do. The things that are unclear (please clarify or quote yourself doins so):
    1. Are we in or near the gas sation? Where exactly?
    2. Are there any buildings anywhere nearby? Where exactly?
    3. Do any of those buildings have potentially climbable second stories or roofs? Which exactly? We can make some collective effort to get people there.
    4. Do any of those buildings have first floors that can be barricaded in some reasonable time? If so, what would be that time and how will we have to go about it (materials nearby, etc., with as much precision as can be had just looking at things)?

24. - Top - End - #1434
    Ogre in the Playground

I still am pretty sure I don't understand the situation, so not doing anything IC until I do. The things that are unclear (please clarify or quote yourself doins so):
    1. Are we in or near the gas sation? Where exactly?
    2. Are there any buildings anywhere nearby? Where exactly?
    3. Do any of those buildings have potentially climbable second stories or roofs? Which exactly? We can make some collective effort to get people there.
    4. Do any of those buildings have first floors that can be barricaded in some reasonable time? If so, what would be that time and how will we have to go about it (materials nearby, etc., with as much precision as can be had just looking at things)?
    1) Near. You've got a place where you parked your cars, right? You can move closer to it if you wish.
    2) Yes. The buildings nearby are about 20 yards from the gas station at least, most are further away. The furthest away is 50 yards.
    3) Yes. Three of them, all of which are 30 yards away from the gas station, two of which are across the road.
    4) Yes, if more than four people work together. It may require a group skill roll. Fortifying the floor against intruders would take (1dx5)+10 minutes of effort, it would involve moving large furniture inside the place in front of windows and doors.

25. - Top - End - #1435

How far away are we from Gunmetal (or any other major settlement, I suppose, but Gunmetal would be best)? Wondering about how long someone taking a car to go there and try to get hold of something more suitable for the job would take.

26. - Top - End - #1436
    Ogre in the Playground

Well, probably the same distance as Bread Basket to Gunmetal plus or minus about 2 miles?

I think it’s 50 miles?

The cars can go about 12 miles per hour, IIRC?

27. - Top - End - #1437
    Ettin in the Playground

The cars can go about 12 miles per hour, IIRC?
    The slower car of the two we now use can go as fast as 100 mph under ideal conditions (the one that is even slower is curently in town), which might or might not be multiplied by 0.8 for "convoy" sort of thing (B466; we use two cars), is surely modified by 0.6 for cruising speed (B463) and 0.5 for dirt roads (B466). So it seems to be 24..30 mph sustained. About four hours if the weather is good and the roads are dry.
    Last edited by u-b; 2023-04-26 at 12:39 PM.

28. - Top - End - #1438
    Ogre in the Playground

Well, if you’re sure, then we move onto the issue of fuel. How much is left in the tank?

29. - Top - End - #1439
    Ettin in the Playground

Well, if you’re sure, then we move onto the issue of fuel. How much is left in the tank?
    Not sure, but that's the best calculation I have.

Speaking of tanks, we have them almost full and a lot more fuel as cargo, but the question is, do we want to get back there in four hours with something purchased at Gunmetal at night? I am not sure on that one. Was mainly waiting for Richard to make the proposal IC. Really, I think we can as well cut our losses. It's not like they plan to use this one exit anytime soon and we can as well find another at some point in time or let our Rangers do it all proper way when they are ready or something. I've rolled a check to see if those guys have worked complete underground. If not, we might keep an ambush around overnight. If yes, I'd rather just head to town and maybe do something some other day.
    Last edited by u-b; 2023-04-27 at 11:47 AM.

30. - Top - End - #1440
    Ogre in the Playground

Yeah, your Tracking roll tells any activity here was entirely done underground. No-one used the ladder or elevator. In addition, you can tell most of the activity was centered around the west, and narrow it down to one door in particular as where most people were coming in and out.