New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161732 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Worse Than the Disease OOC

I rolled a success on Physician. Is it enough to (1) heal 1 hit point, despite not resting that day and/or (2) establish the correct procedure for handling the sprains and bruises to spend 1 point in the skill?

UPD: Also, I'd like to know if Richard can move at full speed after day 5.

UPD2: Simone will be done with motion-sensing monkeys by that time and ready to work new projects, which probably includes the guns and/or the radio room. So there's the question of the workshop. Blowing the way there will cost us $160 worth of dynamite and cause some noise, but if we can move at full speed as needed, that's not as life-threatenings as it would be while we were immobile. Probably more economical to move the rubble by hand, if we don't need actual shovels to do that.
    Last edited by u-b; 2020-12-20 at 06:39 AM.

2. - Top - End - #182
    Ogre in the Playground

I believe it's day 13 of the campaign, do I have that right?

Also, there is a trap in the infirmary.

Also also, everyone eats 3 meals per day for 4 days. Mark them off. Yum yum.
    Last edited by Shoot Da Moon; 2020-12-20 at 07:54 AM.
    Anachronism will never high-light the folly of my convictions!

3. - Top - End - #183
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Shoot Da Moon View Post
    I believe it's day 13 of the campaign, do I have that right?
    That matches my accounting.

Speaking of food, Sean still has 23 rations when he wakes up on day 13, so might distribute some in case anyone is running low.

4. - Top - End - #184
    Firbolg in the Playground

The fall only dropped Richard to 0, so the first bit of healing was enough to push him into positive and able to move without risking unconsciousness.

5. - Top - End - #185
    Ettin in the Playground

I mean, without the "reeling" condition, as per B380.

6. - Top - End - #186

Over the 4 days, he's healed 2HP to put him at 2/12 HP so no, not yet unless he gets some medical help.

Is it worth Richard picking up more medical stuff than his current First Aid 12, do you think, or have Sean and Tariq got that covered? I feel like Richard should have something useful for these kinds of situations (as his current setup of social and fighting isn't so useful when we're alone), but I'm not sure what's useful, makes sense to pick up and isn't already decently covered (the alternative being picking up those physical skills I missed like Stealth and otherwise just getting better at what he's already doing).

Alternatively, once we're happy he's healed enough, he could start working on the broken guns to pick up Armoury with the same logic as Sean's Physician, since he's got gun skills already and decent IQ so that makes sense to me.

Richard's got eight rations left in the bag. Plenty of space and weight at this encumbrance level for loot too (22lbs of weight puts him just below Heavy, and the sack has enough capacity to hold all of that extra weight).

7. - Top - End - #187
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Volthawk View Post
    Over the 4 days, he's healed 2HP to put him at 2/12 HP so no, not yet unless he gets some medical help.
    Then we should probably be extra careful around that sensor. I wonder who is monitoring the thing.

Is it worth Richard picking up more medical stuff than his current First Aid 12, do you think, or have Sean and Tariq got that covered? I feel like Richard should have something useful for these kinds of situations (as his current setup of social and fighting isn't so useful when we're alone), but I'm not sure what's useful, makes sense to pick up and isn't already decently covered (the alternative being picking up those physical skills I missed like Stealth and otherwise just getting better at what he's already doing).

Alternatively, once we're happy he's healed enough, he could start working on the broken guns to pick up Armoury with the same logic as Sean's Physician, since he's got gun skills already and decent IQ so that makes sense to me.
    Armoury certainly seems like a way to go, especially if nobody has it (Sean does not). We have $1100 of broken guns and can make that $4400 by fixing. Also consider combat value of fully functional semi-auto guns. And we will probably encounter more broken guns in the future.

No strong opinion on the medical side of things. Sean's First Aid is just 12 too and Sean does not plan to raise it much, if at all. He does plan to raise Physician sooner or later (from 10 and up) and we probably don't need more of that.

As for other ideas. We might want everyone on skis sooner or later, unless we'll ride in a car, but since we don't have spare skis anyway, this means just having a point to spend some time in the future. One poit of Stealth would not hurt anyone. Maybe a point in Fast-Draw (Pistol), if you don't have it when we fix the guns. Neither of that would let Richard do anything, but maybe we'll have more opportunities to use skills untrained and pick up from there. So far, we have been missing Merchant, Throwing and Forced Entry, the first of which is certainly worth having (also social, though). Looking around, we might eventually want Hazardous Materials, NBC Suits (if there are ones to be found), Electronics Operations (Comm) when we fix it and unless we put Simone to do all comms work, Mechanic and eventually Driving if we are lucky enough. Maybe something else will pop up.

8. - Top - End - #188
    Ogre in the Playground

See AtE2 page 34 for options about disabling the sensor.

9. - Top - End - #189

Quote Originally Posted by u-b View Post
    Armoury certainly seems like a way to go, especially if nobody has it (Sean does not). We have $1100 of broken guns and can make that $4400 by fixing. Also consider combat value of fully functional semi-auto guns. And we will probably encounter more broken guns in the future.

No strong opinion on the medical side of things. Sean's First Aid is just 12 too and Sean does not plan to raise it much, if at all. He does plan to raise Physician sooner or later (from 10 and up) and we probably don't need more of that.

As for other ideas. We might want everyone on skis sooner or later, unless we'll ride in a car, but since we don't have spare skis anyway, this means just having a point to spend some time in the future. One poit of Stealth would not hurt anyone. Maybe a point in Fast-Draw (Pistol), if you don't have it when we fix the guns. Neither of that would let Richard do anything, but maybe we'll have more opportunities to use skills untrained and pick up from there. So far, we have been missing Merchant, Throwing and Forced Entry, the first of which is certainly worth having (also social, though). Looking around, we might eventually want Hazardous Materials, NBC Suits (if there are ones to be found), Electronics Operations (Comm) when we fix it and unless we put Simone to do all comms work, Mechanic and eventually Driving if we are lucky enough. Maybe something else will pop up.
    Alright, sounds close enough to what I was thinking. Richard does have Fast-Draw for both pistols and swords (for his baton). Armoury is definitely a priority, then - for the other technical skills, we all seem to be around IQ 12 so he's probably not going to be a much better or worse candidate than anyone else for them, but I'm willing to spend the CP if needed. He's probably a good choice to take Merchant though, given he's been the talker among the group (and mechanically, half reaction modifier is added to the roll and his Diplomacy can be used as a complementary skill).

Bossman, to check some points:
    - How many rolls at default are needed before I can pick up Armoury with CP? Also, how far into negative HP are the guns?
    - Was the encounter with the motorbike boys where we tried to hide (but Richard failed) enough to pick up a rank of Stealth?
    - Were our dealings with the Waffle House merchants justification enough to pick up Merchant?

10. - Top - End - #190
    Orc in the Playground

AssassinGuy

That matches my accounting.

Speaking of food, Sean still has 23 rations when he wakes up on day 13, so might distribute some in case anyone is running low.
    Tariq only has 4 rations plus 5 canned food, so he'll need some to get by.

I've got to run off to work, I'll post some more later.

11. - Top - End - #191
    Ettin in the Playground

Okay, Sean hands out 9 rations to Tariq.

12. - Top - End - #192

Might it be worth making a google doc or something where we can post our inventories and keep updated for ease of distributing food and loot and keeping track of what we have collectively?

13. - Top - End - #193
    Ogre in the Playground

Bossman, to check some points:
    - How many rolls at default are needed before I can pick up Armoury with CP? Also, how far into negative HP are the guns?
    - Was the encounter with the motorbike boys where we tried to hide (but Richard failed) enough to pick up a rank of Stealth?
    - Were our dealings with the Waffle House merchants justification enough to pick up Merchant?
    1) Just spend the Character Point/s, you've had enough time to study.
    2) Yes.
    3) Yes.

14. - Top - End - #194

1) Just spend the Character Point/s, you've had enough time to study.
    2) Yes.
    3) Yes.
    Alright, so of the seven we've earned (I do have that right, don't I? Two from the bear, two from the slaves, three from getting to the station), that's 1 CP on Stealth at DX-1 (11), 2 CP on Merchant at IQ (12), and 4 CP on Armoury (Small Arms) at IQ+1 (13). Might switch the Merchant and Armoury spending, not sure yet, I'll sleep on it. Just need to check the repair rules in AtE and then I'll do some rolls.

So necessary repair parts are more valuable than the junk we have - unless we luck out and the workshop has some useful parts/junk, we're going to need to either cannibalise non-junk gear or leave one unrepaired for now until we get more parts.
    Last edited by Volthawk; 2020-12-21 at 10:57 PM.

15. - Top - End - #195
    Ettin in the Playground

Might it be worth making a google doc or something where we can post our inventories and keep updated for ease of distributing food and loot and keeping track of what we have collectively?
    I'm keeping track of it, but yeah, good idea to make it more publicly visible. Will do.
    Might switch the Merchant and Armoury spending, not sure yet, I'll sleep on it.
    How about you keep them both at 12 and leave two points spare? Because.

16. - Top - End - #196
    Ettin in the Playground

Party Gear Spreadsheet is ready for review. Some blanks still to be filled in. In particular, you can fill in your personal gear, the sheet is editable.

17. - Top - End - #197

How about you keep them both at 12 and leave two points spare? Because.
    Yeah, that's a reasonable alternative. Had a few other uses I was considering, so it'll be good to keep my options open a little for now.

Party Gear Spreadsheet is ready for review. Some blanks still to be filled in. In particular, you can fill in your personal gear, the sheet is editable.
    Alright, I'll start inputting Richard's gear.

There we are, it's in.
    Last edited by Volthawk; 2020-12-22 at 10:56 AM.

18. - Top - End - #198
    Orc in the Playground

AssassinGuy

I don't have the time at the moment to populate the spreadsheet with all my stuff. I'm keeping one of the two crowbars I found, I now have 5 canned food and 10 rations, 4 15' lengths of fuse cord, 12 sticks of dynamite, 31 pistol and 4 rifle cartridges.

19. - Top - End - #199
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by GnomesofZurich2 View Post
    ...+2 bonus from the crowbar...
    This made me actually look into the rules. And guess what I find there? The aforementioned +2 from the crowbar and the full bonus from Lifting ST. At least that's what it says regarding the doors AtE2 p33. So Sean might have succeeded, after all!

20. - Top - End - #200
    Ettin in the Playground

(OOC: Anyone got Electrician or Electronics Operation skill?)
    Sean only has a default of 7, but, if he can meaningfully take extra time, he might have some insight into this (I rolled a 10 in #156, which is a success with extra time for +4). At least, It might be possible to estimate which cables, if any, contain signals other than power (like the alarm should do, if it goes through here).

If that is already covered or otherwise does not do any good, I'm not sure what to do. Shutting down everything now seems a bit on the extreme side. Any thoughts from the group?

21. - Top - End - #201
    Ogre in the Playground

Who is rolling the skill?
    Because this is an important one, just a warning.

22. - Top - End - #202
    Ettin in the Playground

Sean is highly hesitant to try poking at random, especially if his non-destructive examination does not yield any meaningful insight.

Are the cables external, ducted or solidly built into the walls? I'd like to estimate the possibility of tracing them all without disconnecting, whatever time it is going to take.

23. - Top - End - #203
    Ogre in the Playground

Are the cables external, ducted or solidly built into the walls? I'd like to estimate the possibility of tracing them all without disconnecting, whatever time it is going to take.
    Partially external and partially ducted.

24. - Top - End - #204
    Ettin in the Playground

Then I propose Tariq and Simone spend the rest of the day trying to trace all those cables (two people should be enough to check ducted ones by pulling and looking; external should be simpler), but not disconnecting anything and not triggering any other traps. Meanwhile Sean will practice some medicine and tomorrow we will discuss it further.

By the way, does Simone have enough food on her? We have some to spare if she's running low.

25. - Top - End - #205
    Ogre in the Playground

Simone's fine, perfectly fine.

Sean won't get to roll HT to recover HP today, BTW. But you knew that, and at least Richard still got his rest, IIRC.

Everybody mark off the rations for the day?

26. - Top - End - #206
    Ettin in the Playground

Sean won't get to roll HT to recover HP today, BTW.
    Yeah, not HT roll. The Physician roll success should still give +1 HP, right? I mean, it's not dependent on resting?

27. - Top - End - #207
    Ogre in the Playground

Ah, you would have to attend to your wounds all the way through the day as well. And I'm not sure you get the benefits of Physician if you didn't also rest.

28. - Top - End - #208
    Ettin in the Playground

Ah, you would have to attend to your wounds all the way through the day as well. And I'm not sure you get the benefits of Physician if you didn't also rest.
    Okay. Than a related question: can I use Physician on both Sean and Richard while still counting it as a day of rest for Sean? If not, can I use it on Sean while still counting it as a day of rest for Sean?

And another question: did Tariq and Simone have any luck tracing the cables?
    Last edited by u-b; 2020-12-27 at 03:49 AM.

29. - Top - End - #209
    Orc in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Then I propose Tariq and Simone spend the rest of the day trying to trace all those cables (two people should be enough to check ducted ones by pulling and looking; external should be simpler), but not disconnecting anything and not triggering any other traps.
    What skill are we rolling against? Tariq does have Traps-13 if he needs to try to detect any.

30. - Top - End - #210
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by GnomesofZurich2 View Post
    What skill are we rolling against? Tariq does have Traps-13 if he needs to try to detect any.
    That task is more of an Electrician skill roll.