New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171833 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Orc in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Default Re: Worse Than the Disease OOC

I don't have electrician, and rolling at default would be an 8, although taking extra time could improve that. This is probably a job where Simone should take the lead.

2. - Top - End - #212
    Ogre in the Playground

Alright, I'll have Simone the NPC roll her skill.
    Anachronism will never high-light the folly of my convictions!

3. - Top - End - #213
    Ogre in the Playground

Rabbit's dead, 2 rations!

4. - Top - End - #214
    Ogre in the Playground

Max impaling damage on a critical hit is pretty much an instant death.

40 more rations, weighing 40 lbs.

5. - Top - End - #215
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Shoot Da Moon View Post
    Simone, meanwhile, has taken a closer look at the wires connected to the battery.
    She reports that the cables connect to a few cameras in two corridors (which seem to connect to the base's computer), another motion sensor set up outside the locked down officer's quarters and some other device in a locked room that she didn't find.
    Do we seem to have triggered any of those in the earlier days?

(OOC: There are still rooms in the base that the group has not searched. What kind of room would you like to look for?)
    Not a specific kind. Just thinking of making sure we've searched everything we can safely reach. Assuming Simone can shut down the sensor outside the officer's quarters, what would be the DC to force the door open?

6. - Top - End - #216
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by u-b View Post
    Do we seem to have triggered any of those in the earlier days?
    Not a specific kind. Just thinking of making sure we've searched everything we can safely reach. Assuming Simone can shut down the sensor outside the officer's quarters, what would be the DC to force the door open?
    1) Nope.
    2) She can shut down the sensor. The lock on the door is at -5 to pick. Its hardware is tougher than the lockers', and most of the base doors.

7. - Top - End - #217
    Ettin in the Playground

(OOC: Mark off another 3 meals, everyone. I'm not sure if the two people can clear the rubble from the workshop entrance in under a day - it may take multiple days. What time did I give before? Are you both digging with shovels?)
    (OOC: the file rooms are on the ground floor. The water is very cold and will probably freeze at night, melt during the day. Clearing the rubble by shovel would take 12 hours.)
    I will subtract 12 rations from our group's small pile of meat.

We don't have shovels and I don't know how lacking them affects the clearing time. Most structural collapses I have seen had a fair share of large fraction suitable to be handled by hand. Also, we are not into "clearing the rubble" as much as into "clearing a (crawl)way through the rubble", which might or might not be assumed in the above time. In any case, 4 man-hours (no shovel) was spent yesterday.

8. - Top - End - #218
    Ogre in the Playground

A four hour shift of clearing the rubble by hand would be enough to clear MOST of the way, just a little more work to get through...

But...see the IC thread.

9. - Top - End - #219
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Volthawk View Post
    ...his injuries were still not particularly healed despite Sean's efforts..."
    You should roll for natural healing for day 14 too.

10. - Top - End - #220
    Firbolg in the Playground

Ah yeah, good catch. That gets Richard to 4/12 and out of Reeling, so if this does go south he's got his full move and dodge at least.

11. - Top - End - #221
    Ogre in the Playground

The social roll works, the men are tentatively trusting.

12. - Top - End - #222
    Ogre in the Playground

What are the rest of you doing while Simone is working and Sean is hunting?

Repairing the car in the garage? Searching the base? Getting into locked rooms?

13. - Top - End - #223

Richard's going to start working on the guns. To confirm, no extra junk/parts in the workshop?

14. - Top - End - #224
    Ettin in the Playground

It seems we could machine them when we restore the power (I doubt that it could be done on battery). Where do we look the rules for machining? Found them on AtE2 p.40 under "Fabrication".
    Last edited by u-b; 2021-01-04 at 01:25 PM.

15. - Top - End - #225

Ah yeah, I hadn't considered the power situation, good point (I was assuming the machining was just explaining the usual $10 junk -> $1 parts exchange, but yeah it could be something else I suppose, although I don't have a rule in mind off the top of my head). Nevertheless, point is that Richard's priorities right now are getting better and sorting out the guns, so if there's anything he can do with the situation as it his, he'll do it.

16. - Top - End - #226
    Ogre in the Playground

Richard's going to start working on the guns. To confirm, no extra junk/parts in the workshop?
    Well, no-one has tried scavenging in the workshop yet. There could be parts and tools that would really help.

Ah yeah, I hadn't considered the power situation, good point (I was assuming the machining was just explaining the usual $10 junk -> $1 parts exchange, but yeah it could be something else I suppose, although I don't have a rule in mind off the top of my head). Nevertheless, point is that Richard's priorities right now are getting better and sorting out the guns, so if there's anything he can do with the situation as it his, he'll do it.
    The junk is worth it's full value in parts, you're thinking of 10 lbs. per $1 of value.
    Fabricating parts is a tough enough activity that you wouldn't get to heal wounds with rest that day. Unless you wanna dose yourself with the nanomachines, Richard is stuck in bed.

17. - Top - End - #227
    Ettin in the Playground

Well, no-one has tried scavenging in the workshop yet. There could be parts and tools that would really help.
    Oops. I thought we don't need to, given how everything is already neatly laid out and labeled. I think I'll scavenge it the first thing tomorrow, then. Related question: the rules in AtE allow for repeated attempts at -3, but I'm not sure if this rule is fit for room-sized areas or intended for something larger. If there is any use scavenging rooms multiple times, Sean might do that too.

18. - Top - End - #228
    Orc in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Who is best positioned to scavenge the workshop? Tariq has Scrounging 13, Search 12. If he or Richard would be better or at least as good as Sean, there's no need to wait until he's back from hunting.

19. - Top - End - #229
    Ogre in the Playground

The large boar's meat is worth 200 meals (although you're definitely want to smoke them into jerky to preserve them), each weighing one pound.

20. - Top - End - #230
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by GnomesofZurich2 View Post
    Who is best positioned to scavenge the workshop? Tariq has Scrounging 13, Search 12. If he or Richard would be better or at least as good as Sean, there's no need to wait until he's back from hunting.
    Sean has 15 of each and is going to take extra time in an attempt to maximize the chance of Major Finds.

21. - Top - End - #231
    Ogre in the Playground

Alright, roll it in the Dice Rolls thread. Good luck.

22. - Top - End - #232

yuk Re: Worse Than the Disease OOC

Yeah, Richard's only got Search 12, so the two of you are better at this part of things than him.

23. - Top - End - #233
    Ettin in the Playground

Made some rolls for tomorrow. Tactics and Physician are fails. All else are successful.
    Last edited by u-b; 2021-01-06 at 06:07 AM.

24. - Top - End - #234
    Ogre in the Playground

Are we up to DAY 16, now?

25. - Top - End - #235
    Ogre in the Playground

Oh, yeah, and while we're posting, since Sean made contact with Waffle House and completed the mission, everyone in the group gets 3 Character Points for the campaign milestone.

26. - Top - End - #236
    Ettin in the Playground

Also, this seems like a perfect opportunity to attempt a re-rectuitment if you people feel like it. A second wave of exiles that were tentatively receved by the people of Waffle House or maybe of other backgrounds. It seems we have a few open slots, like a medic, and I don't know what else, but our tech is NPC so there's that.
    Last edited by u-b; 2021-01-07 at 07:19 AM.

27. - Top - End - #237
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by u-b View Post
    Also, this seems like a perfect opportunity to attempt a re-rectuitment if you people feel like it. A second wave of exiles that were tentatively receved by the people of Waffle House or maybe of other backgrounds. It seems we have a few open slots, like a medic, and I don't know what else, but our tech is NPC so there's that.
    Meh. We already have three active PCs, and they all share a specific background.

28. - Top - End - #238
    Ettin in the Playground

Beattie M2-2 flamethrower - $14400 ($1800x8), 72 lbs., High Tech page 179.
    Woo, people! We are rich! Well, not yet, and we might have problems cashing in this flamethrower, but this one thing is 3/4 of our current combined wealth, not counting the nanomachines.

29. - Top - End - #239
    Ettin in the Playground

I've written off 12 pounds of meat for day 16. Will wait for people to post their actions for days 16 and 17, then write for Sean's day 17 too. It will be mostly scrounging (a second pass of the whole base). Also, Sean thinks of his experiences scrounging the base and comes up with a few new ideas he would like to try (spending a point on Scrounging overnight).

30. - Top - End - #240

So to confirm, Richard can use the workshop currently is to do his Armourer things, and do they count as proper tools for the purpose of the repair roll modifier? If so, that'll be how he uses these days - those recent junk finds should set him up in good stead as far as parts go (posting the maths to make sure I haven't missed anything):

We have $570 of junk.
    The SAA's base value is $500, modified up to 1000 for TL and down to 250 for being broken (didn't think that applied to repair costs, just value as parts but GM mentioned it when I rolled for costs at the same time as the TL adjustment so I suppose it does). I rolled 10% of base value for the major repair costs, so fixing it would cost $25.
    The Government's base value is $850, modified up to 3400 for TL and down to 850 for being broken. I rolled 20% of base value for the major repair costs, so fixing it would would cost $170.
    That means we can afford to fix both (the cost is only paid once rather than per roll) and still have a pile of junk left (total cost $195, so $375 worth left) to spare if we need it for anything else getting fixed. If being broken doesn't adjust base value like that (as my original interpretation), the costs go back up to $100 and $680, so we're back to the original plan of just fixing the SAA.

Do we have an idea of how many parts we'll need to fix the car? Considering using more junk than I worked out above to give a bonus to all the repair rolls, but that requires being sure about our other repair needs and checking in with everyone.

Also, just to make sure I have it right, each day working on this translates to eight hours of working time (for the purpose of taking extra time and the like)? Can you choose whether to take extra time or just roll more often (ie do I have to just roll once with the task extended to 8 hours for +4, or can I take eight rolls at 1 hour intervals for just +1 or some other breakdown)? Finally, how far into negative HP are the guns? Curious how much fixing is needed to get them back into working order (above their 1/3 HP threshold, I suppose, since we want them at full effectiveness).