New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Pixie in the Playground

Default Are there any good modules for 'Afterlife' campaigns? (5e)

Hey there :)

Our party has recently had a TPK and instead of simply starting new i was wondering if there are any cool modules or campaigns written in the 'afterlife' so to speak.
    I think it would be very cool for them to experience the journey of souls and the bargaining with devils / beeing judged before Kelemvor etc.

Would love any imput / references :)

Thanks!

2. - Top - End - #2
    Titan in the Playground

Imp

Default Re: Are there any good modules for 'Afterlife' campaigns? (5e)

Quote Originally Posted by Dutchman929 View Post
    Hey there :)

Our party has recently had a TPK and instead of simply starting new i was wondering if there are any cool modules or campaigns written in the 'afterlife' so to speak.
    I think it would be very cool for them to experience the journey of souls and the bargaining with devils / beeing judged before Kelemvor etc.

Would love any imput / references :)

Thanks!
    Descent into Avernus is mostly happening in Hell, but to my knowledge there is no official modules based on the PCs being dead.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Unoriginal View Post
    Descent into Avernus is mostly happening in Hell, but to my knowledge there is no official modules based on the PCs being dead.
    Thank you :) Doesn't have to be official works. Just looking for inspiration really.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Titan in the Playground

3.5 had Ghostwalk, which is pretty much designed for this. It's more of a setting than a module, though.
    You might check the DM's Guild.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

I personally have not read it, but I heard on I think Dragon Talk at some point that Theros is supposed to have a decent amount of information about adventuring in THAT universes afterlife. If you're going based on FR lore though you'll probably have to do a good bit of modification. But if you haven't established fully what your afterlife is in your universe yet, it could at least serve as inspiration.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Ogre in the Playground

The Theros campaign setting had some afterlife stuff since you could in that world escape back into the normal world.

It's heavily based on Greek mythos so is maybe less useful for a FR setting.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Bugbear in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

I started writing a homemade campaign titled "Rocks fall, everyone dies". The premise was the entire party starts as ghosts and the campaign is all about trying to get resurrected. We never ended up playing it but I could see if I could dig up what I got if your interested.
    Last edited by clash; 2020-10-01 at 11:08 AM.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Barbarian in the Playground

MonkGuy

I'd consider looking at the plot of NWN2 Mask of the Betrayer for some inspiration.