New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #301
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Spooktober 2020: How is babby feared

[Magical Girls]

The baby sees through the bluff and doesn't give up on reaching towards it, even if it means she has to reach farther than her arms can actually reach.
    And her persistence pays off! With the prize in hand, she tries to pull it down and do the most obvious thing you'd do with a finger: stick it in her mouth.

"A preemptive dialogue?" Harley thinks about it.
    And considers it some more.
    "Yeah, that seems like a decent plan." Looking around, she can't immediately spot out who the hostess is because there's so many children playing with lots of different people, and nobody really stands out as the matriarch. There's two or three that she's narrowed it down to, though.
    "At the very least, we should thank her for hosting the party," she says. She starts to walk in the direction she thinks the hostess is, but then waits for Rein to take the lead. "Do you already know her?"
    Last edited by 5a Violista; 2020-10-25 at 02:24 PM.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    (and basically everything else that starts with 'f')
    ALSO! Come roleplay FFRPG in the Nexus!
    Nexus Characters.

2. - Top - End - #302
    Orc in the Playground

Spooky Karalie

"I don't know, I haven't seen her. I think Koshal's around, though. I think I saw him earlier." But he's probably still busy talking to Wenomir and other quite important people.

As she keeps dancing, Natalie starts to relax, which helps. It makes her movements freer and less restrained, but at the cost of making it clear that Natalie hasn't really got a great sense of what's around her. She'll accidentally thwack people nearby with her hands occasionally, and might kick Karasu.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

3. - Top - End - #303
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rebonack View Post
    [Spooks!]

"Nah! I just look like this all the time ever since I died," Jan replies brightly as he puts his pumpkin-mask back on.

Oh.

He's a ghost.

Like...

An actual ghost.

"Did your mom make your robot costume? I really like it! It looks hard to walk in though," Jan says as he drifts a little higher off the ground, leaving his sheet dangling limply. "I just float everywhere it's really cool."

We all float down here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    [Spooks!]

The goat looks back at Jillian as she takes a bite of her cookie and seems to want to bleat at her again. But instead...

"I apologize for my earlier behavior, lady. But Jan wished to spook you so I acted the distraction. I hope you can forgive me."
    The goat speaks and kneels down with it's hooves into the goat version of a bow.
    [Spooks!]

Bastion's eyes go wide. Perhaps that's more scary than any jump scare. But even so, he has a question to answer while his mind runs over that. "Um... I helped too. My mommy, brother and sister, auntie and uncle, and my friends had a big costume making day on the weekend."

Jillian yelps and jumps. She almost drops her cookie! "You can talk?!"

[Girl X 4]

"Yeah... that's probably too complicated,"
    Khannie finally agrees. But she perks up again pretty quickly! "Okay, I'll go again!"

And then she begins tossing!

Plap! Plap! Plap! Plap!

Four purple corn-bags land on the board! One is precariously dangling over the edge of the hole, but it didn't actually make it in.

"UGH! That one was SO CLOSE!" Khannie says with a little laugh. "Okay, who wants to go next?"
    Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    [Girl X 4]

Brinika's ears flick up and down.

"I don't think I've seen this one. But she does look like she's pretty cool. We're dressed as Pokemon. That is, we and all our cousins and Khannie joined in too." She looks to the board. "Want to go next, sis?"
    Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Purple View Post
    Who Rules The World? Girls

"I've not seen that movie either." Well, clearly. I'm not even sure Underside has televisions or cinema. "Sure, I'll go." Cheasadh throws her first, and grazes the side of the wood, but doesn't hit. Second one goes through the hole, and Cheasadh jumps for joy, before tossing the third, which bounces off the wood. Her fourth bag also hits the wood, but doesn't bounce off.
    [Girl X4 Combo]

Natharia takes her turn. Her first two throws miss entirely. She grumbles under her breath, but her next throws are only just better. The bags hit the board at least.

She huffs, but takes her focus off her disappointing throws. She looks at the other girls more critically. Pokemon, huh? "How's your costume look so much more real, Khannie?" It's naturalistic looking compared to the more obviously costumed girls.

4. - Top - End - #304
    Ogre in the Playground

[Magical Girls]

Eww, baby slobber! Reinholdt walked into that one. It means he's also trapped at traveling at Harley's pace whenever she moves. Awkward. Even more awkward if she's waiting for him to take the lead.

"No, can't say that I have. The number of people I haven't met has gone up substantially the last few years. I think there was a baby boom or something." Or Rein's just much less active and takes far too many catnaps. Maybe both.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

5. - Top - End - #305
    Halfling in the Playground

[Adir n' Snap n' Babs --> Adir n' Babs]

Lucy hangs on to Snap with her big mop of 'hair' wagging back and forth as she's bounced. She squeals with delight and hangs on to Snap. "Yeah! Yeah! Can we go to her park, dad?"

"Sure we can," Adir affirms. He doesn't have much to say on the subject of Snap's profession or her sisters. He's curious about this big 'thing', but that doesn't sound like kiddy conversation either.

"Lucy, don't tug on her ears," Adir adds as they start to pull away. "And thanks Snap!"

"I won't!" Lucy squeaks, and it devolves into a happy little shriek as she's borne away.

Adir, meanwhile, is attacked by a snapdragon flower. Namely Laurie opening and closing its jaws around his nose, all while making continuous 'rawr' sounds. He erupts into giddy laughter.
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

6. - Top - End - #306
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default [JOacikkmo]

"I don't mind the ocean. I just don't really like getting my feathers wet. But if I'm human, I don't have feathers to get wet." Except the water-proof feathers on her wings, anyway. They don't count. "A moving house sounds interesting. I have quite a bit of wanderlust, as it happens." Maybe Jack should see about getting one? Might be interesting.
    "How about ya come wandering with me after the party?" Omiko invites. "You can stay human when you get wet."
    I'm not sure if a moving place of residence would hold up for Jack. Sure, the scenery changes, but a lot stays the same.
    "Been a lot of different places. Sticking to any one city doesn't sound good." She admits to some wanderlust of her own. In at least one sense, she's gen traveling all these years. Admittedly, the scenery was very samey for a chunk of it.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

7. - Top - End - #307
    Barbarian in the Playground

[Spooks!]

"Aaww, that sounds like a lot of fun! It must be great having sisters and brothers and a mom who does stuff with you," Jan replies a little glumly.

But hey who cares it is Spooktober!

Time for spooking!

"So I'm scary, right? Who do you think I should try spooking next?" the yeth hound asks, glancing around at the various party-goers. "I could maybe SUPER-SPOOK one of the grownups! I don't do that to kids since then they cry and that isn't any fun."

Scaring someone so bad they cry is the worst.

Getting spooked it supposed to be fun, right?

Jan sure thinks so.

[Pre-Teen Girl Squad!]

See, you would think Khannie would be nervous getting called out like that.

But she isn't!

She had already thought about what she would say if anyone asked since she's really clever.

"My daddy's a sorcerer and I've been learning to do illusions!" she says. "Watch this!"

And then? She wiggles her claws and mutters some arcane sounding words and-!

There comes a little swirl of ghostly purple flame that resolves into... a pumpkin! It sure LOOKS like a real pumpkin. Nice and round and orange with a little stem sticking off the top.

Khannie looks really proud of her illusionary pumpkin.

The implication here is clear enough. Khannie is using ILLUSIONS to make her costume look real! But she didn't actually say that so it isn't a lie and therefore okay.
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

8. - Top - End - #308
    Ogre in the Playground

[Adir n' Babs]

After a few minutes of draconic mauling, Adir might find himself approached by a small furry shape. Namely, a little black vulpine creature wearing black and orange Spooktober ribbons. He's also looking a little bit round at the moment, the culprit likely the smear of caramel all over his snout.
    "Um, are you Mr. Frescot? I'm sorry to bother you. Do you have a sponge or a wet paper towel or something? I had no idea how hard it is to get caramel out of black fur."
    Of course, Hector Elwood has made a critical mistake. Namely, he had to let down his illusory disguise in order to properly explain his problem. This leaves his fluffy and adorable form completely exposed to the eyes of small, giddy children.
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

9. - Top - End - #309
    Orc in the Playground

Jack & Omiko

"I'd love to, if you'll have me. And Inside's not really one city. It's about three or four, all sat on top of each other. Always something new to find, if you look hard enough." Even if you're not looking very hard, you can find something.

10. - Top - End - #310
    Titan in the Playground

[Pre-Teen Girl Squad!]

Well, this is awkward. Khannie doesn't want Natharia to know she's a Pokemon, but Brinika isn't really sure if she can keep up the charade on her end. She's not a very good liar.

"Yeah, Khannie's been learning all kinds of stuff from her dad," she says as she picks up the bag. She throws and, perhaps because she's not focusing on it too much and thus not overdoing it as she usually does, actually sends it straight into the hole. She keeps throwing, hitting the board twice and missing entirely once. "We just had to spend a bunch of time making costumes. But coming up with a theme is a thing for us by now."
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

11. - Top - End - #311
    Orc in the Playground

Girls & Girls & Girls & Girls

"This is the first time I'm taking part in the theme properly, too. I've joined in before, but now Brinika's my sister properly, instead of just... Y'know, best friend sister." Cheasadh's aware of the secret, and Brinika's own poor skills at lying, so hopefully this changes the subject... Onto her. Which is possibly less than ideal, with her own murky past, but hopefully the conversation won't go that far back.

12. - Top - End - #312

[Magical Girls]

Don't put random things in your mouth, Manja. You don't know where they've been.
    For all she knows, he could have been eating spicy salsa.

After an awkward pause where Harley is expecting him to lead.
    After realizing --and being told-- that he doesn't really know, she uses her world-class detective skills to narrow down which one the party hostess is. She's got a bunch of kids, so the kids who look most used to this area probably also look like the hostess.

Harley looks down at the baby, and informs her, "Sweetie, that's not food." In order to facilitate leading the way, she tries to pass off Manja to Rein.

Pretty confident that she found the hostess, Harley strides towards Sakura. "Hi, are you the hostess of the party?" she asks. If yeah, then, she smiles and says, "Thanks for hosting it. It's been pretty fun."
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    (and basically everything else that starts with 'f')
    ALSO! Come roleplay FFRPG in the Nexus!
    Nexus Characters.

13. - Top - End - #313
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default [Omiko & Jack]

"Yeah, I'll have you. And maybe someday I'll see those other three Insides."
    "Meet me by those gravestones in a little while."

And Omiko saunters away to near the center of the party.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

14. - Top - End - #314

Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar View Post
    [Spooks!]

Bastion's eyes go wide. Perhaps that's more scary than any jump scare. But even so, he has a question to answer while his mind runs over that. "Um... I helped too. My mommy, brother and sister, auntie and uncle, and my friends had a big costume making day on the weekend."

Jillian yelps and jumps. She almost drops her cookie! "You can talk?!"
    [Spooks!]

"Aaww, that sounds like a lot of fun! It must be great having sisters and brothers and a mom who does stuff with you," Jan replies a little glumly.

Time for spooking!

"So I'm scary, right? Who do you think I should try spooking next?" the yeth hound asks, glancing around at the various party-goers. "I could maybe SUPER-SPOOK one of the grownups! I don't do that to kids since then they cry and that isn't any fun."

Jan sure thinks so.
    [Spooks!]

"I can sing if you'd like, my lady. Or dance, any number of things really. My name is Jaahlyn Hesperos, a humble bound servant." A beat. "And a goat too I guess."

15. - Top - End - #315

[Witch and Deer(s)]

"Snap's pretty good at illusion stuff she can make your dress look like it covers you up more so you stop fidgeting with it," Dandelion explains. "HEY SNAP! I've got something for you to do."

"Besides bounce around the yard with Lucy on my back?" Snapdragon inquires. There's a little girl dressed like a fairy with glittery wings riding on the gaiad's lower body. "Because this is starting to feel like a full-time job."

"Yeah, my friend here," Dandelion points her thumb back at Mia. "Couldn't find a dress that was long enough. Can you glamour it up for her?"

Snapdragon takes a single standing LEAP and lands nearby, jostling Lucy on her back. This likely results in a great deal of giggling. "Hmmm..." Snap hums aloud, rubbing her chin thoughtfully. "How long are we talking here, Mia? Like ankle length? Down the ground? Giant hoopy thing that's impossible to get through doors?"
    ((I admit I missed it over the weekend while the Tag wasn't Bold))

[Witch and Deer(s)]

"Illusion?" Mia says as Dandelion leads her to the other sister. "But how should that he.." Mia can barly end her sentence as they reach Snap or at least Dandelion calls out for her.

Mia doesn't comment there talking but as the other Deertaur jumps at her she backs off a bit. Likly the same reaction Dandelion has experienced. A glimps of fear to get run over by the creature. It takes a moment or two befor she can reply.

"Ankle length would be most likly. I have dresses of the other sizes and neither is fit for such an event as this...or any event that involves a bit of walking."
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

16. - Top - End - #316
    Pixie in the Playground

Spooky Karalie

"I don't know, I haven't seen her. I think Koshal's around, though. I think I saw him earlier." But he's probably still busy talking to Wenomir and other quite important people.

As she keeps dancing, Natalie starts to relax, which helps. It makes her movements freer and less restrained, but at the cost of making it clear that Natalie hasn't really got a great sense of what's around her. She'll accidentally thwack people nearby with her hands occasionally, and might kick Karasu.
    [Spooky Karalie]

"I've never met Koshal." Karasu notes. "Maybe you can introduce me eventually?" Though it's highly unlikely that'll happen.

She's having fun dancing with the best person in her world, but manages not to kick anyone or fall over, even though her dancing skills are really basic. She appears to be overthinking her movements a bit. On the plus side, however, she keeps aware of their surroundings for Natalie's sake... but only a little.

"Oush! Talie!" She exclaims when kicked, and decides that perhaps holding each other as they dance is better. No chance of her girlfriend mistakenly hurting others in the surroundings. "So, is there anyone around we can go and meet, mingle with? I don't mind meeting new people, if you know them. Or as long as they're cool and don't talk too much."
    Purple Eagle's character list
    Love is the message.

17. - Top - End - #317
    Orc in the Playground

Spooky Karalie

Natalie enjoys the more restrained, closer dancing, and looks around. "I'll have to see if I can get you guys to meet at my birthday party, then. And... Not that I can recognise. Anyone you know? Or just, y'know, look interesting?" Natalie looks for somebody they can approach and chat to.

18. - Top - End - #318
    Ogre in the Playground

[Spooks!]

Time for spooking!

Jan sure thinks so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    [Spooks!]

"I can sing if you'd like, my lady. Or dance, any number of things really. My name is Jaahlyn Hesperos, a humble bound servant." A beat. "And a goat too I guess."
    [Spooks!]

"Um." Bastions looks around for a likely target. There's a bunch of people around. He could send the spooks after one of his friends, but they're not immediately convenient. Instead he points out G'nichi, at random really. "What about that guy?"

Jillian looks at this goat more carefully. Just looks like a regular goat to her. But talking, neat! "Servant? Whose servant though?"

[Pre-Teen Girl Squad!]

See, you would think Khannie would be nervous getting called out like that.

But she isn't!

She had already thought about what she would say if anyone asked since she's really clever.

"My daddy's a sorcerer and I've been learning to do illusions!" she says. "Watch this!"

And then? She wiggles her claws and mutters some arcane sounding words and-!

There comes a little swirl of ghostly purple flame that resolves into... a pumpkin! It sure LOOKS like a real pumpkin. Nice and round and orange with a little stem sticking off the top.

Khannie looks really proud of her illusionary pumpkin.

The implication here is clear enough. Khannie is using ILLUSIONS to make her costume look real! But she didn't actually say that so it isn't a lie and therefore okay.
    Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    [Pre-Teen Girl Squad!]

Well, this is awkward. Khannie doesn't want Natharia to know she's a Pokemon, but Brinika isn't really sure if she can keep up the charade on her end. She's not a very good liar.

"Yeah, Khannie's been learning all kinds of stuff from her dad," she says as she picks up the bag. She throws and, perhaps because she's not focusing on it too much and thus not overdoing it as she usually does, actually sends it straight into the hole. She keeps throwing, hitting the board twice and missing entirely once. "We just had to spend a bunch of time making costumes. But coming up with a theme is a thing for us by now."
    Girls & Girls & Girls & Girls

"This is the first time I'm taking part in the theme properly, too. I've joined in before, but now Brinika's my sister properly, instead of just... Y'know, best friend sister." Cheasadh's aware of the secret, and Brinika's own poor skills at lying, so hopefully this changes the subject... Onto her. Which is possibly less than ideal, with her own murky past, but hopefully the conversation won't go that far back.
    [Pre-Teen Girl Squad!]

"Oh wow, that's really cool!" Natharia praises. That totally explains the costume. Crisis averted. Though now her presumably curious eyes get directed between Cheasadh and Brinika. "Huh, you two are sisters?" They don't really look it. She doesn't say that, but the question can't help but imply the question.

19. - Top - End - #319

[Spooky Karalie]

What about that teen over there?

The one who is wearing a yellow and blue striped shirt, a backpack, a red cap with a blue bill, and denim shorts? He's got a baseball bat hanging from a loop on his pack.

...honestly how is that a costume?

He's just some teenage guy wearing pretty normal looking clothing? It has GOT be a reference to something.

Lucas is here, as it happens, because of badgering. Normally he doesn't really like going to Spooktober parties. The street festivals are way more fun, in his opinion. But a certain woolly patron had harassed him about it until he finally gave in. Something about strange happenings afoot? Honestly it just seems like a pretty normal party to Lucas thus far.

The youth is standing over by the snack table enjoying some candy since that is a thing he can do without throwing up, unlike Dandelion.

Poor, poor Dandelion.

[Girls Times Four]

Arright!

Suspicion deflected.

"Yeah! They were best friends first and THEN sisters," Khannie explains. She doesn't mind not being best friends. It's okay since she is kind of a late-comer to the friendship circle here. "I don't have any sisters, but I've got lots of friends. Oh! And a familiar! But Maridia found our Spooktober candy and ate so much she got sick, so she's at home tonight."

Poor little fairy dragon.

That much Spooktober candy definitely wasn't a good plan.

[Spooks!]

"Oh wow he looks tough!" Jan says, eyeing the buff dragon guy. There sure are a lot of buff dragon guys here tonight. "I'll bet super spooking him will be okay. Watch this!"

And then?

He drifts off toward G'nichi, doing his best to remain out of the dragon-guy's line of sight. Once he gets close he'll reach out and tap him from behind. And when G'nichi turns around?

"BOO!"

Off comes the pumpkin revealing the spooky flaming dog skull! And this time around there comes with it a spike of supernatural terror for EXTRA spooky impact.

[Witch and Deer(s)]

"Haha, okay, easy peasy! Check THIS out, Lucy," Snapdragon says as she pops her knuckles and pulls her fingers apart, strands of glistening gossamer glittering between them like spiderwebs covered in dew. Then she'll reach out to the hem of Mia's dress and pulls down. Rather than yanking the dress off it seems to extend until it's the long, more loosely fitting modest sort. "BAM! Done. It's most glamour with just a little gossamer to give it SOME physicality. Don't touch it with anything iron or it'll pop like a soap bubble."

Then she makes a 'pop'! noise with her lips.

"Oh, right, Hector over there got some treats for us," Dandelion adds, offering a faerie brownie to Snapdragon.

"Oooh, minty witch flavor? Don't mind if I do!" Snapdragon says before grabbing one of them and prancing off again.

"There you go dude, easy solution," Dandelion says to Mia.
    Last edited by Rebonack; 2020-10-28 at 12:08 PM.

20. - Top - End - #320

[Spooks!]

"A servant to anyone that has a need of my services. To me, everyone is a lord or a lady, or whatever title they prefer." The goat explains as its gaze meets hers. "But you are a real lady, aren't you?" She turns to glance at Jan, looked like he was doing well on his own.

21. - Top - End - #321
    Pixie in the Playground

[Two Spooky Girls and A Guy]

Karasu also joins Natalie in looking around, quickly spotting Lucas in the distance. "How 'bout him? He'll have to do." She says, nodding her head towards him so Natalie knows where to look. "What's that costume supposed to be? Let's go, Talie. You'll do the talking."

"He'll have to do" connotes that Karasu'd have preferred someone that was known by at least one of them, but seeing as everyone else is busy, well... He'll have to do!

When walking again hand-in-hand towards the teen boy, this time Karasu makes sure their snack plate is in front of Natalie rather than just generally in front of them both. Unless Natalie's been eating it offscreen, it looks like Karasu has been eating more than she has.

She leads Natalie towards the teen and immediately starts speaking in her blunt manner. "What're you supposed to be?" Two human girls approach him, both of them 16 years old. Karasu's dark-skinned with asian eyes, and Natalie's a pale-skinned girl who looks and talks like a Brit.

Lucas'll definitely notice that Karasu's sclera are black instead of white, however. Hard to miss, and even though most Nexusians take it in stride, it might be freaky to him.
    Purple Eagle's character list
    Love is the message.

22. - Top - End - #322
    Orc in the Playground

Witch, Vampire, Lucas

"Computer character, I think. Forget the name, he's in that cartoony fighty game. Lomond, maybe?" Natalie's... close, I think. If Earl has identified the costume correctly, anyway.

After they go over, and Karasu speaks, Natalie rolls her eyes and elbows her girlfriend in the ribs. "Be polite, Kara. I'm Natalie, that's Karasu. Pleased to meet you."

Natalie's dressed as a witch, and Karasu as a vampire.

23. - Top - End - #323
    Halfling in the Playground

[Jade, Lamb, Not-Dragons]

"Queen Chestnut?" Ferdi asks, tilting his head, and adjusting his spectacles. They really are just prop-spectacles, but it's important to stay in character!

Or, indeed, to stay in character in character.

"I didn't know Spooktober had a spirit. I should've tried summoning her instead of this lousy familiar I'm stuck with." He grins and snorts at Kai.

Oh boy, this poor nervous lady. "Uh, nice to meet you too, Lambslaural. Are you...sure you're alright?"
    Before you criticise someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticise them, you'll be a mile away and you'll have their shoes.

24. - Top - End - #324
    Titan in the Playground

[Girls Times Four]

Brinika grins widely. Natharia gets her first look at just how large teeth this little kid has.

"Yeah. Cheasadh used to just be my friend. But she always hung out with our family, so our parents decided to adopt her. It was awesome." It's still a fairly fresh and happy memory for her. "She's small like we are, so she was already halfway there. I didn't have any siblings before, just lots of cousins."
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

25. - Top - End - #325
    Orc in the Playground

Girls & Girls, Twice

"My parents were killed by a monster, and I spent some time with Khannie's dad before I went to live at GLoG. I met Brinika there, and last year her parents adopted me. So we're sisters now." And they were evil cultists, too, but Cheasadh doesn't mention that. Or that she was found hiding in her wardrobe from the monster, but... She was seven at the time.

26. - Top - End - #326
    Ogre in the Playground

[Girls Times Four]

Natharia's eyes widen at that. That seems like a really awkward conversation topic. Cheasadh is so nonchalant about it, though. "Um, I'm glad you guys are sisters. That sounds nice." She replies, a tad uncertainly. "I don't have any sisters. It's mostly just me and my mom." Her auntie is still on probation. Her auntie's cat is not acknowledged.

[Spooks!]

"Uh huh, I am!" Jillian replied proudly. "How'd you know?"

27. - Top - End - #327
    Ogre in the Playground

[Lambslaurel, Jade, and Dragonborn]

Kai returns fire, poking Ferdinand in the ribs. "You just keep me around because you know I'm smarter."
    Though hm. Plant-themed names? Ex-Buttercups? Is this a faerie convention?
    "Oh, dear. I do hope the both of you are doing alright. I certainly wouldn't jump at sharing selves with any sort of spirit calling itself a King or Queen." It does sound risky to acquiesce to such beings.

Canines and One Dragonborn

G'nichi likes to think that he's gotten a little more brave after all his adventures.
    But that doesn't mean he's any more used to fighting back supernatural terror effects.
    So G'nichi screams like a frightened child. In the manliest way possible, he assures you.
    The other thing that happens is an elegant silver rapier appears in his hand with a flash of light, its sharp tip pointed waveringly at his assailant!
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

28. - Top - End - #328

[Spooks!]

"Oh, I keep forgetting it isn't obvious to everyone. You have the proud gait of a true noble, young lady. I would know since I used to be one myself you see." The goat nods. "I am related to the queen of Itzaka, I was fourth in line to the throne in fact." The goat holds her head high and proud as she seems to take great joy in sharing this information.
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2020-10-30 at 02:34 AM.

29. - Top - End - #329

[Two Spooky Girls and One Unspooky Guy]

We'll say that Lucas has seen some really weird stuff and isn't particularly bothered by unusual eyes.

The pair of teens are offered a smile and a wave. "Hey, nice to meet you two. I'm Lucas."

Uh oh, now what.

He takes a bite out of a brownie while contemplating his next move.

"So... do either of you go to school Inside?"

There we go.

Good question.

Maybe they go to the same school and just haven't ever really noticed each other before? That could be a possibility.

[Jade, Lamb, Not-Dragons]

Lambslaural taps her index fingers together anxiously, her gaze falling to the ground. "Y-yeah, I'm okay. I just spook really easily, h-haha..."

Gosh she must look like a complete idiot. They probably hate her.

"Oh, umm... Queen Chestnut seems m-mostly okay I think?" Lambslaural says, looking up at the various apple-themed treats and games that were added to the party. "I think she just wants everyone to have a f-fun Spooktober."

Yep! That's basically it. Doing a good job so far, Jade. Maybe give Lambslaural a hug you might have spooked her a bit too hard, comes the voice in Jade's mind.

[Girls Times Four]

Khannie looks down at the board and wrinkles her nose.

"Wait, everyone's gone again right?" she asks. "I think that means it's my turn again."

She quickly gathers up her bean bags.

"I got four points last turn AND this turn, so that means I've got eight so far," she says as she stands back and tries lining up her next throw. "I'm going to get TWO cornbags in the hole this time!"

She's wrong, though.

She doesn't get two bags in the hole.

The first bag hits the hole dead center.

The second hits riiiiight on the edge of the hole, but doesn't go in.

The third knocks the second one INTO the hole and then goes in TOO!

And the third one just lands on the wood.

PLAP!

"I GOT THREE IN! THAT TOTALLY COUNTS!" Khannie insists, jumping up and down with glee! She's so excited that she stops thinking about her illusionary pumpkin and the object vanishes. Though her costume doesn't change. Hmmmmm!

[Canines and One Dragonborn]

With a SHLUNK! the sword carves a nice little round nose into Jan's pumpkin.

"Hahaha! Hey you gave my mask a nose thanks!" the yeth hound laughs. "Ooooh I got you good! You were SUPER spooked you should have heard that scream!"

The little boogie seems pretty pleased with himself. Man Spooktober is the best.
    Last edited by Rebonack; 2020-10-29 at 11:32 AM.

30. - Top - End - #330
    Troll in the Playground

Jade, Lambslaural, Not Dragons

Jade gives Lambslaural a gentle hug. "Sorry about that. I didn't expect it to be so extreme." She turns to the dragonborn. "Chestnut's not so much sharing my soul as... Crashing on the couch? She's there, we can talk to each other, and we're sharing each other's powers, but I'm running the show." Jade doesn't actually know if Chestnut is sharing her power of increased mental acuity, but it's the easiest way to explain. No offense, I'm just trying to get a good explanation.
    Awesome avatar (Kothar, paladin of Tlacua) by Linkele!

Quote Originally Posted by William Shakespeare, King Lear, IV.i.46
    'Tis the time's plague, when madmen lead the blind.
    My Nexus characters