New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 14 1234567891011 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Spooktober 2020: How is babby feared

As the spookiest month arrives, an annual tradition must be observed. The annual gathering to worship all things haunting and frightening. The walking dead, bloodsucking fiends, hideous monsters, and, worst of all, rowdy children. The gathering is simply crawling with these terrors, so watch yourself.

Early on the air is cool in the picturesque autumn evening. The trees are all shades of orange and yellow, leaves gently falling from their branches. But the spooky hours fast approach as the sun gets low in the sky. As the guests near they'll see the large house adorned with an excess of cobwebs, its windows boarded over. However, that place is not the destination tonight, just a prop; this is an outdoor party. The tree ringed yard is dotted here and there with pumpkins; so many pumpkins in bright orange clusters. Among them are carved faces, some silly and others menacing, all shining with candlelight. Snack tables surround a bubbling, glowing cauldron, attended by Sakura dresses as a less than spooky witch. Gravestones are clustered around the house and in the tree line. Low seasonal music plays in the background, loudest in a flat area set aside for anyone that wants to dance to the festive tunes.

Even before the guests really start arriving, the place is pretty active. Many children are already about, all dressed up for the occasion. Scattered and running about the yard are a tin man, a wrestler, frankenstein, a ninja, a strawberry, a tellytubby, a dog, an astronaut, a robot, a superhero, a pokemon trainer, and a fairy. The atmosphere is certainly energetic.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Spooktober 2020: How is babby feared

Among the rampaging children is a little half-drow girl dressed up as Cloud Strife. Her mom managed to get her hair spiked up and everything! She's got the cool outfit, the shoulder pauldron, and even a plastic buster sword! When she had asked Commander Wenomir about swords like that she had been informed that it wasn't a real sword and no one would use a sword like that.

BUT!

Lapis still thinks it makes for a really cool toy, she loves it!

She'll be careening around with the other children, playing, eating candy, and arguing about the rules for whatever game she and the other kids have made up on the spot.

[What's Up, Buttercup?]

"Okay! Everyone got their little iron armbands?" Buttercup asks, nearly vibrating with excitement. This was such a great costume idea and it would have been nearly impossible to pull off if not for the fact that they had gotten Buttercup'd. Further empirical evidence that being Buttercup is the best.

"I have mine," Buttercup says, tugging at it with her black-gloved hand.

"Yeah I'm good to go," Buttercup declares, hands on her hips and ready for action!

Buttercup, Buttercup, and Buttercup all look identical. Nymphs with the lower body of a spotted deer and the torso of an attractive human woman with cervine ears and little yellow flowers poking out of their hair. But tonight? TONIGHT they are Cerberus from Helltaker! They've painted their hair silvery white, put in some red cosmetic contact lenses, and attached fake devilish spade tails onto their actual tails. They're each wearing a snappy scarlet button-up shirt, black and grey pinstripe suit vests, and a black tie tucked into the vest. Black gloves and an iron armband wrapped in black velvet adorn their hands and upper arms. Around each of their (human) wastes they wear a black belt with a polished rectangular silver buckle. Finding black suit pants that fit their cervine lower bodies had been a giant pain but thankfully there are several specialty shops around Inside that cater exclusively to centaurs. It was just a matter of getting three sets of pants (calling them pants is... mostly right. They're more like a two piece suit, really, A jacket for the front legs and pants for the back legs but whatever! They look stylin'!).

"Alright Buttercups! Let's go enjoy a PARTY!" Buttercup says as and her two sisters hook their arms around each other's shoulders and lower back before strutting right into the festivities.
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Troll in the Playground

Someone arrives!
    An attractive woman sweeps into the party in a tight-fitting fancy black dress with a slit skirt, which shows a lot of her ample cleavage and sweeps around her high heeled boots. Her hair is raven black, dyed for this event, and, as she smiles at anyone who meets her eyes, a pair of realistic fake fangs are revealed in her mouth. Jade Fisher is here. It's her first time going to one of the traditional holiday parties as a woman. It may have been months since Jason got cursed with boobs, and she's since accepted and even grown to like her new self. She's even done her makeup, something she rarely ever does, accentuating her eyes with eyeliner, eyeshadow, and mascara, her lips with ruby lipstick. Now, as a vampire queen of the night, she's here to drink blood... Er, punch. She goes to a snack table and gets a glass of punch. No blood drinking here.

Someone else is here, joining into the crowd of kids. Eao's a white haired human girl, about nine years old, wearing a frilly black and white dress... But where's her costume? She doesn't seem to be wearing one. Anyone who's familiar with her will know that this is what she normally wears. Maybe someone should help her out on the costume front?
    Awesome avatar (Kothar, paladin of Tlacua) by Linkele!

Quote Originally Posted by William Shakespeare, King Lear, IV.i.46
    'Tis the time's plague, when madmen lead the blind.
    My Nexus characters

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ogre in the Playground

Someone has found a very spooky decoration for their street. A strange hunk of stone with the carven image of a stunning woman, it has a frightfully lifelike air. How the sculptor must have labored to capture her muscles and great mane of hair, the flow of her simple top and side-fastened skirt!

A small vampire child trips and drops his Big Gulp of what we're all very sure was ethically-sourced blood. It spatters over the statue, the rest spilling on the ground and pooling around the decoration's base. He picks himself up, dusting off his werewolf costume, and... oh, there's no splattering on the statue after all! And the spill doesn't look so bad. Nobody's seemed to notice, so he throws away the empty plastic cup and scoots on his way. Though he can't not wonder what that low sound is, like a shower drain just as the last of the water and suds disappear from sight. The pooling blood around the stone decoration's base shrinks ever smaller.

Then comes a great cracking as the statue comes to life, what seemed carven stone shifting to flesh and breaking free of the surrounding rock. The muscle-taut titan of a woman steps to the pavement, a horn crowning her brow. She looks about at the scene all around her, humans and near-humans and beings she doesn't recognize.

A child dabs in the street in front of her.

"... Ah." Clearly, she isn't in Vague Mesoamerica any more.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Spoiler: My Stories And Things
    Show

5. - Top - End - #5
    Bugbear in the Playground

Since she hasn't really missed a Spooktober party and felt like she needs to go out, Harley has come here to this one, too. Her hair is (unusually) pink, but her skin tone hasn't changed - she didn't want to have to go spend the time finding new makeup - so it doesn't completely match her outfit or hair. She's basically wearing a white cloak with pink trim (and a pink gem as the clasp), black crop top and gloves (with a long-sleeved tight undershirt or something beneath) and a pink-and-white skirt. It looks okay. And in her arms, of course, is a baby. The baby has lighter skin, white hair both catlike and rabbitlike(?) white ears (with pink tips), and a fluffy white tail.

Sure, she feels a little self-conscious about this outfit - she got it specifically for this - but, honestly, she's glad to be out and doing something.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    (and basically everything else that starts with 'f')
    ALSO! Come roleplay FFRPG in the Nexus!
    Nexus Characters.

6. - Top - End - #6

If a group of lions is called a pride, then surely a pack of catgirls must be a shame.
    Or a cyborg's dating pool.
    A shame comes to the party, four strong. One of them has carefully applied makeup to her face to look younger and more two-dimensional, like a child's drawing. She has a big, brown, poofy wig on underneath a pointy red headpiece. She's wearing a red t-shirt with an angry cat face screenprinted in the middle and ripped maroon shorts. Her natural cat ears and tail are red.
    "Wait, so, like... why am I the cartoon kid again?"
    The second catgirl is in a darker costume. Black headpiece shaped like the others', black lipstick, black choker, black dress cut low to full fatale effect, black nail polish on her claws, and black stiletto heels. She's wearing a red-violet colored wig that falls a bit past her shoulders and fake pearl earrings clipped to her feline ears. Her natural cat ears and tail are blue, because she refused to dye them to fit the character.
    "Because Leah insisted on the costume that showed the least skin, I called dibs on this one the second I saw it, and we can't keep letting Rachel take things nobody else wants, even if she says it's fine. Besides, it looks cute on you."

Another group with themed costumes also arrives, at another time. The woman is wearing a closely tailored black suit over a red dress shirt with a loose black tie, tight black pants with a devil tail hanging from the back, and sensible black shoes. Her hair is white, with bangs above the eyes and two tendrils framing the face while the rest falls down her back. Tall white horns poke upwards on her head in front of a thin hairband with black spikes pointing almost as high. Her irises are blood red in color and a black beauty mark stands out on her pale skin beneath her left eye. A silver glyph pinned to her lapel hums with magic, for those with keen ears.
    The second she walks in she is forced to stop and keep three little girls from running off. The triplets are wearing identical costumes of red dress shirts with black vests and pants. Devil tails are hooked to the back of their belts. Their hair is long and white, with fluffy dog ears sticking up from the top. Their irises have also been magically turned red for the night, although how well any of the costume enchantments and illusions will hold up to children being children remains to be seen.
    "Hold on, pups, we should take a look around first. Right, dear?"
    “Me quoque per multos similis fortuna labores
    iactatam hac demum voluit consistere terra.
    Non ignara mali, miseris succurrere disco.”

– Publius Vergilius Maro, The Aeneid

7. - Top - End - #7
    Titan in the Playground

As with every Spooktober, the place is flooded with goblins. This time, it appears they picked a Pokemon theme for their costumes. Specifically, Rock, Ground and Dark-type Pokemon. Tuskfang, in particular is dressed up as a spooky wolf-like Pokemon and is practically bouncing with excitement. His friends' parents are hosting the Spooktober party! This is great. The little woblin rushes out to find the Frescots, while the other goblins scatter in search of fun things. It seems they're being looked after by Reelshka's sister and her husband today.

Less expectedly, Wenomir has shown up. That probably means he's here to meet Koshal, Cassandra or someone else close to him. He has come dressed as Knight Artorias, so it's safe to assume Koshal put him up to this.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Ogre in the Playground

Guests really are starting to pour in, aren't they?

There's Koshal, Lady Danir's teenage squire. The young minotaur went in a basic cowboy outfit with jeans and chaps and a thick shirt. He's also wearing a wide-brimmed hat that belongs to his uncle; it's slightly too big for him. He wonders if he'll meet Iknika or Master Wenomir like he usually does at these things? Wenomir had asked him for help with a costume a while back...

Meanwhile, there's also what seems to be a short wolf-person in red robes. Odd, since he seems to be avoiding touching things. And he appears to be glaring at the Buttercups from time to time.
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

9. - Top - End - #9
    Firbolg in the Playground

Here come some more guests to add to the Spooktober crowd.

First we have Shan. The weird little fellow is reprising the same 'mummy' costume they always wear.
    There there's Torry. The nine-and-three-quarters-year-old catboy is in a superhero costume, cape and all. For now he's just admiring the pumpkins.
    Behind them is Ankhenesmeryre. The catperson is eleven years old, which means she's almost too cool for all this already. For a costume she has an imitation VIGIL coat, a fancy plastic sword, and a bunch of fake scars.
    And of course you wouldn't see Ankhenesmeryre down here without her great-great-great-great-grandmother Omiko, the cyborg-demon-pirate-catperson who is shepherding all these children along. She's dressed as an ominous old-timey doctor, with bloodstained scrubs and pointy props of uncertain function.

The mummy shambles over to Eao.
    "Is that your costume? It isn't very scary."
    Last edited by Recaiden; 2020-10-03 at 03:14 PM.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

10. - Top - End - #10
    Troll in the Playground

"Isn't it great!? Nobody recognizes me!" Except for those who've seen Eao in human form before. "It's the perfect disguise for this disguise party!" That's costume party, Eao. Apparently she got the two mixed up somehow. "What are you disguised as? I don't recognize you, so it must be good!" She definitely doesn't get Spooktober.

My Nexus characters

11. - Top - End - #11

"But we never met. You couldn't recognize me anyway."
    "Unless, can you, wait, no, it would have to be me..."

Shan is already confused.
    "I'm constumed as a mummy. A long time ago, people would wrap up dead kings to bury them. But because of a curse ,they would climb out of their tombs and scare people."
    "It's a good costume because it covers you up a lot. And it helps keep my bones in place."
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

12. - Top - End - #12
    Troll in the Playground

"That's cool! It would be bad if your bones fell out. Are disguises supposed to be scary? Mine isn't, really. Who's scared of humans?" Eao shrugs. "I can change it to be scarier, maybe? I'm always supposed to tell people not to be scared of me, so I must be pretty scary."

My Nexus characters

13. - Top - End - #13

Man why the heck is that dog guy giving them the stink-eye? Buttercup scowls back at him. The message is pretty clear. Watch it, buster.

"Oh wowie zowie those babs are soooooo cute!" Buttercup gasps, squeezing her cheeks with glee as she watches said babs running all over the place.

Buttercup raises an eyebrow. "Babs? You mean the kids?"

"NO I mean babs. It sounds way more adorable. I'm going to go see if any of them want a ride!" the bubbly deertaur giggles as she goes frolicking over to the likewise frolicking babs. "Heeeeey kiddos~ What are you playing can I join? I'm Buttercup and games are my favorite. Ooooh is it tag? Hide and seek? Something ELSE!?" she asks, practically vibrating with excitement.

Buttercup, meanwhile, watches the exchange, arms crossed, before shrugging. "Whatever."

"Umm..." the third Buttercup starts, awkwardly tapping her index fingers together. "I thought-"

"I'm gunna see if they've got any good snacks or treats or stuff. Keep an eye on Buttercup so she doesn't hype up the kids too much or whatever," Buttercup says as she trots off, leaving Buttercup standing alone in the middle of the law.

"...I thought we were going to stick together..."
    Buttercup mutters, pulling at her posh black vest. It really accentuates her curves while still looking classy. Buttercup doesn't like it. But her sister absolutely LOVED Helltaker and after getting Buttercup'd she had insisted loudly that they dress up like this for the Spooktober party. Buttercup wanted her sister to be happy so she meekly went along with the idea.

14. - Top - End - #14
    Troll in the Playground

"Hey, you alright? Not so comfortable with that costume?" The lady dressed as a vampire sidles up to the awkward looking Buttercup. She's aware of the Buttercup plague. Who isn't? But since these are here, they must be of the sort that have partly recovered and aren't trying to name people. This one particularly looks like she might be going through the same thing Jade once did, so she sympathizes. She's just had much longer to adjust.

My Nexus characters

15. - Top - End - #15

"Oh, it wouldn't be so bad. I'd just have to pick them up again."
    Shan slowly nods.
    "I think being scary is the idea, yeah."
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

16. - Top - End - #16
    Troll in the Playground

"Okay! Here goes!" Then an eye opens in the middle of Eao's face. Not an ordinary human eye, but like a black hole surrounded by its accretion disk. Her existing eyes similarly change, and more eyes keep opening all over her body. A saurian tail pokes out from behind her, covered in pearly scales which crawl up her body to cover her entirely, and her ears change shape to like those of a deer. "Is this scary enough?"

My Nexus characters

17. - Top - End - #17

"Huh?" Buttercup mumbles, glancing up from her vest. Her eyes briefly flick over to her sister at the snack table who is unaware that a stranger has approached. "Umm... maybe a little bit. It's a really nice costume, though."

It IS a really nice costume.

Very finely crafted and a pretty clear popular culture reference. Especially when one notices the other two identically dressed Buttercups nearby.

"I just..." Buttercup gets off to a false start. She pauses briefly, organizing her thoughts. "I know I used to be a guy. So showing off like this feels strange? My sisters don't mind much. They didn't change as much as me, I guess. And Buttercup-"

She points at the Buttercup romping around with the children.

"-she thought this would be a really fun costume. Being able to do it made her so happy I guess I just... sort of agreed?"

Buttercup creases her brow in consternation.

"I'm happy, though. Happy for my sisters. We're all having lots of fun so I guess it's okay," Buttercup says. She doesn't look like she's having lots of fun. She frowns slightly. "Do... do you think I should get in character more? Maybe be more Buttercupy for tonight? I remember this character is supposed to be awfully Buttercuppy for a devil."

18. - Top - End - #18
    Troll in the Playground

Jade gently sets a hand on Buttercup's shoulder. "Hey, it's okay. I know how you're feeling. I was a guy once too." She doesn't look like someone who was a guy before. Her costume is way showier than Buttercup's, for one. "Did you hear about the incident at the Black Dragon's Den last January? I was there. Some people managed to get back to normal. I never did." She looks a little embarrassed to say that. It seems she'd rather people believe she was a natural born woman.

My Nexus characters

19. - Top - End - #19

Buttercup smiles at the shoulder pat, her fingers twitching a little bit.

It's pretty clear that she's resisting some combination of declaring that they're friends now and giving Jade a hug.

"Really? Wowie, I never would have guess," Buttercup replies. She looks Jade up and down again.

Yeah.

It wouldn't have even occurred to her.

A look of recognition flashes across her face at the mention of last year's incident.

"Oh! I heard about that. One of my friends got caught in it. Not at the den, a little further away. She... umm... she got back normal, though It was probably easier for her than most people since-" Buttercup begins, only to pause for a moment. "Umm... well. Since she can transform and her not-human shape is always female no matter what. I, uh, I mean my sisters and I, we're part of-"

She winces a bit.

Banned.

"-were part of Mythological Animals Anonymous. It's a support group for people who get turned into monsters who don't have hands. All the Buttercups got banned since we couldn't stop gushing about how nice being Buttercup is."

20. - Top - End - #20
    Troll in the Playground

"I've gotten used to it." Jade replies. She has. She can't believe it's been 10 months though. Almost 11. "There are still things I'm not used to, but after you've done it for a while, it starts to feel normal again." She gives her best reassuring smile. "The mythical animals group sounds like a good program. Sorry you were kicked out." She doesn't mention that Buttercups have hands and are therefore ineligible anyway. "If there's anything you want to talk about, you know, this." Jade gestures at her chest to indicate she means being a woman, "I'd be happy to help."

My Nexus characters

21. - Top - End - #21
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Deathkeeper View Post
    There's Koshal, Lady Danir's teenage squire. The young minotaur went in a basic cowboy outfit with jeans and chaps and a thick shirt. He's also wearing a wide-brimmed hat that belongs to his uncle; it's slightly too big for him. He wonders if he'll meet Iknika or Master Wenomir like he usually does at these things? Wenomir had asked him for help with a costume a while back...
    One of Koshal's predictions has come true, because here comes Wenomir. Koshal no doubt recognizes his costume, especially since parts of it came from him.

"Koshal! How do you like my costume?" the normally grumpy warrior asks.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

22. - Top - End - #22
    Orc in the Playground

Amongst the swarm of goblins is a gnome, wearing a grey dress to look like a rock and a white coat, with a big pink crystal strapped to her forehead. Underneath, she's a blonde gnome, about twelve, with a large nose for her face. Tagging along behind her is an actual pokemon, though Pookie the Teddiursa has dyed his fur grey and has a big headpiece on that looks vaguely like a massive set of jaws.

Also here is Natalie, a fifteen-year-old with short black hair and bright green eyes. She's wearing a black sleeveless dress, a black hat with a wide brim and a crooked point, with cotton spiderwebs hanging from the brim and a fake hooked nose. She couldn't find a traditional broomstick, however, so she's making do with a modern broom with plastic bristles on a T-shaped metal pole.

Also also here is Jack. She's a young woman, maybe twenty years old, with a pair of large auk wings growing from her back, each wing with a grey eye in the central joint. She's missing her little finger on her left hand, and has short black hair and grey eyes. She's wearing a black robe and a pair of red plastic horns, as well as a fake black goatee.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

23. - Top - End - #23

[Buttercup & Jade]

"Yeah... it was kind of my fault. If I had more self-restraint I think I could have... you know... not been cheer-leading so hard for Team Buttercup," Buttercup sighs.

Honestly?

Buttercup's general level of lucidity and self awareness is incredibly impressive. Three quarters of Buttercups are absolute ditzes. And that's being pretty generous.

"I'm torn. I miss my friends and I want them to accept me again. But I really love being Buttercup, too. I want to be who I was, but I don't. I... I liked sharing my head with my sisters. We were always together. Always there for each other. But now my sisters LIKE having their own bodies. They like the independence."

She glances first at Leona (who is raiding the snacks) and then over at Drakania (who is playing with the babswarm).

"We're doing our own things. I keep getting ditched. I'm not assertive like Leona or spontaneous like Drakania."

That's followed by a sigh. "And on top of that I just... being feminine is weird."

She scratches at the back of her neck awkwardly. "Oh! I'm Buttercup by the way."

A beat.

A blink.

"I'm an idiot, I'm sorry. We're all Buttercup. Call me Aries," she says, offering a hesitant smile. "I was the ram-head."

[Khannie]

You know who else came over here with the pokemon themed goblins?

KHANNIE!

She had gone over to their home to play and since they were going to the party ANYWAY she may as well just come over here with her friends right?

She is also wearing a pokemon costume!

...sort of.

See, Khannie almost always uses illusions to disguise herself as a human girl. But she's REALLY a young kangaskhan. Technically she's like some sort of Pokemon Fusion between kangaskhan and haunter. She's in that awkward, lanky middle stage evolution. And since she's Ghost/Normal that means just being herself is the perfect Spooktober costume!

She moves at a measured pace so she doesn't ditch the other children. She's twelve AND she's a human (sort of) so she's got WAY longer legs than her friends. At this point she has grown pretty accustomed to being the biggest kid in the group. Khannie gives the silly deer person an appraising look. She thought she had heard something on the news a few days ago about deer people and daddy told her she had to come inside but this lady must be safe since she's here and playing with the kids.

"Okay what game are we playing?" Khannie asks as she joins the others.

24. - Top - End - #24
    Troll in the Playground

"I'm Jade." Jade holds out a hand for Aries to shake. "As I said, if you have any questions about boobs and the having thereof, feel free. I was in your position before, I know I had a lot of questions when I first changed." Jade also has questions about what it's like to be Buttercup. That's certainly an awkward topic though.

My Nexus characters

25. - Top - End - #25
    Bugbear in the Playground

New Arrivals - Leis

This Spooktober, there's someone new among the various guests! A female tiefling steps out of her Tanaka Corolla and closes the door behind her, fiddling with the key fob and giving the party a cursory glance. She's rather petite, maybe only a couple inches over five feet, with soft crimson skin and somewhat Mediterranean features.

She's dressed up for Spooktober as a vampire, complete with the requisite collared cape and fake fangs, high heels and the black suit of her costume does an adequate job of highlighting what pleasant curves she has. The shape of the collar is a little odd though, as it seems she has a certain vampire in mind; there's a lilac mask pulled up over wavy hair, modeled in the shape of a grinning face with a large nose and a monocle.

Leis's serpentine tail waves behind her as she steps out into Spooktober, glancing about and showing a remarkable proficiency of walking in high heels. She doesn't really recognize anyone here from work, but maybe she'll make a few friends.
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Spoiler: Quotes from Friends <3
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SliiArhem
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? Try joining our Discord server!

26. - Top - End - #26

Quote Originally Posted by bc56 View Post
    "Okay! Here goes!" Then an eye opens in the middle of Eao's face. Not an ordinary human eye, but like a black hole surrounded by its accretion disk. Her existing eyes similarly change, and more eyes keep opening all over her body. A saurian tail pokes out from behind her, covered in pearly scales which crawl up her body to cover her entirely, and her ears change shape to like those of a deer. "Is this scary enough?"
    "Uhh...."
    Shan adjusts the bandages on their costume, revealing an eye on their cheek, and another on their hand, and so on, and stiff pointy ears kinda like a lynx's, and a strong tail ending in a fan of feathers.
    "It doesn't seem that scary to me?"
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

27. - Top - End - #27
    Troll in the Playground

Eao looks confused. "But I know I'm supposed to be scary to mortals. Unless. Are you an angel too? No one would ever suspect a mummy of being an angel in disguise. That's perfect!" Eao apparently doesn't understand much about... Well anything. But Spooktober especially.

My Nexus characters

28. - Top - End - #28

"He Jade. If... you want to know about being Buttercup I guess I can answer that?" Aries replies a bit uncertainly. "Or... I guess if you wanted to know about glass blowing? That's what I did before... um... we got fired. Mister Miller said having an apocalypse catalyst in his store would be bad for business. B-but that's okay. We have more time for frolicking now."

She takes a shuddering breath and quickly wipes away a lone tear and then just...

Heavily leans into the Buttercup.

"Wowie so what was it like for you?" Buttercup asks. "Being a guy and then not? How did you cope with it? What kind of bras do you like? I like sports bras they help with the bouncing hehehe! What made you decide that you didn't want to be a man before? Was it special? Did something strange and neat happen?"

That breathless, excitable, rapid fire Buttercup persona is coming in full force.

It should be pretty obvious what's happening here.

Aries was trying to confide some serious issues she's having in Jade and Jade ignored them in favor of wanting to talk about boobs.

So sure!

Buttercup can talk about that it'll be fun WEEEEE!

29. - Top - End - #29

Shan retracts most of the eyes, leaving just two humany ones in the face, and otherwise puts the costume back to rights.
    "Oh yeah, uh, I dunno. But only one of my parents is mortal. The other three are a nihil, an aphote, and an elder."
    "Do you need to keep being an angel secret?"
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

30. - Top - End - #30
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by 5a Violista View Post
    Since she hasn't really missed a Spooktober party and felt like she needs to go out, Harley has come here to this one, too. Her hair is (unusually) pink, but her skin tone hasn't changed - she didn't want to have to go spend the time finding new makeup - so it doesn't completely match her outfit or hair. She's basically wearing a white cloak with pink trim (and a pink gem as the clasp), black crop top and gloves (with a long-sleeved tight undershirt or something beneath) and a pink-and-white skirt. It looks okay. And in her arms, of course, is a baby. The baby has lighter skin, white hair both catlike and rabbitlike(?) white ears (with pink tips), and a fluffy white tail.

Sure, she feels a little self-conscious about this outfit - she got it specifically for this - but, honestly, she's glad to be out and doing something.
    Reinholdt follows Harley in, feeling just as, if not much more self-conscious. His outfit is a matching pink and white though he's wearing a remarkably short skirt, knee high boots and what he can only guess is a halter top? It shows far too much of his chest and abs for his liking. In a way, he's quite thankful for the gaudy giant ribbons and oversized pink wand that do what little they can to draw attention away from his exposed skin. Still he tends to avoid eye contact for the most part.

"This is... a nice place," Rein idly comments.

Quote Originally Posted by FireFox View Post
    If a group of lions is called a pride, then surely a pack of catgirls must be a shame.
    Or a cyborg's dating pool.
    A shame comes to the party, four strong. One of them has carefully applied makeup to her face to look younger and more two-dimensional, like a child's drawing. She has a big, brown, poofy wig on underneath a pointy red headpiece. She's wearing a red t-shirt with an angry cat face screenprinted in the middle and ripped maroon shorts. Her natural cat ears and tail are red.
    "Wait, so, like... why am I the cartoon kid again?"
    The second catgirl is in a darker costume. Black headpiece shaped like the others', black lipstick, black choker, black dress cut low to full fatale effect, black nail polish on her claws, and black stiletto heels. She's wearing a red-violet colored wig that falls a bit past her shoulders and fake pearl earrings clipped to her feline ears. Her natural cat ears and tail are blue, because she refused to dye them to fit the character.
    "Because Leah insisted on the costume that showed the least skin, I called dibs on this one the second I saw it, and we can't keep letting Rachel take things nobody else wants, even if she says it's fine. Besides, it looks cute on you."
    " 's not my fault there was only one decently dressed choice. Rebekkah got to pick the theme." Leah says, walking in behind them. She's wearing a snappy burgundy suit with a draped untied tie and a pair of fingerless gloves. She was wearing sunglasses, but has taken them off, much to Rachel's chagrin. Not worth wearing those.

"You have to wear them! It's purrt of the meowtfit!" Rachel insists, the only one to have actually have colored her skin orange and attempted to match the character identity perfectly. She's wearing a red outfit with short skirt and a horde emblem emblazoned on the front, practically screaming eighties cartoon.

"Whatever. Let's just begin Operation: She-Ra." Said Operation was not discussed with Rebekkah at all, because it is all about finding Rebekkah a cute blonde girl to meet and/or date. At least, that's Leah's goal. Whether Sarah and Rachel even bother is another story.

Quote Originally Posted by FireFox View Post
    Another group with themed costumes also arrives, at another time. The woman is wearing a closely tailored black suit over a red dress shirt with a loose black tie, tight black pants with a devil tail hanging from the back, and sensible black shoes. Her hair is white, with bangs above the eyes and two tendrils framing the face while the rest falls down her back. Tall white horns poke upwards on her head in front of a thin hairband with black spikes pointing almost as high. Her irises are blood red in color and a black beauty mark stands out on her pale skin beneath her left eye. A silver glyph pinned to her lapel hums with magic, for those with keen ears.
    The second she walks in she is forced to stop and keep three little girls from running off. The triplets are wearing identical costumes of red dress shirts with black vests and pants. Devil tails are hooked to the back of their belts. Their hair is long and white, with fluffy dog ears sticking up from the top. Their irises have also been magically turned red for the night, although how well any of the costume enchantments and illusions will hold up to children being children remains to be seen.
    "Hold on, pups, we should take a look around first. Right, dear?"
    Last in is Reinholdt, wearing an unbuttoned white suit with a red undershirt and a pair of sunglasses. "How are they supposed look around if they don't ge-gah!" Rein trips over one of the jack-o-lanterns on the ground. He keeps on his feet at least, the incident no more than a stutter. Normally it's pretty hard to trip over the clearly lit up obstacles, but it turns out sunglasses in this ambiance is not the best. "If they don't get to run around?"

That IS a pretty efficient way of looking around, if not a particularly safe method.
    Last edited by Reinholdt; 2020-10-04 at 10:07 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.