New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #271
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Spooktober 2020: How is babby feared

[Spooks!]

Oh!

That look!

"Hahaah I spooked you good!" Jan laughs, still clutching his pumpkin hat. Given that he has no head and just a skull-shaped bit of weird magic fire it isn't clear how he can talk at all.

Likely magic.

"Spooktober is the BEST time for spooking people! This is my first Spooktober as a boogie did I do a good job?" he asks once he's done laughing.

Really Jan would LOVE to have some feedback. So far most of the people he has startled have rated his spooking prowess pretty highly.

Though...

This dragon kid didn't scream.

Maybe that's just because dragons are brave?

[Goblin Gnome Gorgon Gastly]

"Okay, now everyone get your corn sacks and we'll do the next round!" Khannie says as she heads over to the board to collect her bags. She picks them up one by one, tucking them atop her left arm-

-and one of them falls straight through.

Whoops.

She acts like nothing weird just happened and bends over to pick it up.

"Should we get to throw in a different order this time?" Khannie wonders aloud. OH! Then she gives a little gasp as an idea occurs to her! "HEY! What would happen if you threw a bag so it knocked someone else's bag off the board? Would that cancel out their point? I think maybe it should that would be tough to do. And maybe if you knocked someone else's bag into the hole, too. Then it would be three points for them instead of one. Should we do that?"

[Spooking some (not) dragons]

Everyone else?

Took the spook surprisingly well despite not knowing it was coming.

Lambslaural?

"EEEEEEEEEEE!" she shrieks, covering her face with her arms when Jade leaps out all spooky-like.

She knew it was coming.

And she still got spooked.

"Dweeb!" comes Dandelion's loving comment from the other side of the yard.

Lambslaural slowly, cautiously, lowers her arms.

"Ah... hehe... I guess you got me, too?"
    Last edited by Rebonack; 2020-10-20 at 10:31 PM.
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

2. - Top - End - #272
    Troll in the Playground

Jade just can't stop laughing. Mostly at Lambslaural. "Ha ha ha! I got you so good! You should've seen the look on your face!" Hopefully this isn't too mean-spirited, right? She's trying to just do this in good fun. That's what she wants, and it seems like what Chestnut wants too.
    Awesome avatar (Kothar, paladin of Tlacua) by Linkele!

Quote Originally Posted by William Shakespeare, King Lear, IV.i.46
    'Tis the time's plague, when madmen lead the blind.
    My Nexus characters

3. - Top - End - #273
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rebonack View Post
    [Witch and Deer]

Dandelion gives a shrug in reply to that first comment. But to the second?

"Wasn't my idea. My sis Snapdragon came up with it,"
    she says, gesturing at the other gaiad with a child on her back. "She really like the video game this character is from."

Or was that characters?

Does Cerberus count as one or three characters?
    [Witch and Deer]

I think i read it is one character, but he appears in 3 bodies. A comic mean if all 3 would eat pancakes at the same time it would drive them insane.

Kinda hard to say something to it so mia will likly just stand their for a moment in an awakward silence. Finally she speaks up.

"I don't know the game, but I wouldn't try to dress up as Characters from Games I know. They don't make 'normal' characters these days. Only top model people."
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

4. - Top - End - #274
    Orc in the Playground

Gnome, Goblin, Gorgon & Girl (They're all girls)

"If we do change the rules like that, whoever goes last has the advantage. Because nobody can hit their bags off the board and take their points away." Also people can't knock their bags into the hole and give them more points, but really Cheasadh thinks that's pretty unlikely to occur. Because she'd be aiming to knock people's bags off, her own points forgotten.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

5. - Top - End - #275

[Spooks!]

The goat is pushed away but still stares longingly at the cookie in Jillian's hand.
    But then its attention is diverted towards Jan as he goes all spook. Well, that was it right? He had done the spook!

6. - Top - End - #276
    Titan in the Playground

"Yeah, we should just count the points where the bag lands," Brinika says in agreement with her sister. She then cranes her neck way up again to look at Natharia. "Who are you dressed as? I like your glasses. I used to wear ones like them before I got used to the sun."
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

7. - Top - End - #277

Sisters United and Co

"Heh, yeah...." Blanche responds a little awkwardly, rubbing the back of her neck. She'd certainly disagree about what part in there's the coolest, but she also doesn't wanna argue with a child and possibly crush her dreams or something by insisting it's not all it's cracked up to be.

"Well, uh, I'm actually dressed like someone from a movie I watched a while back. He wasn't much of a sword guy, but he could summon fire from his fingertips! Although I can't really pull that bit off myself."
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Spoiler: Quotes from Friends <3
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SliiArhem
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? Try joining our Discord server!

8. - Top - End - #278
    Ogre in the Playground

[Spooks!]

Oh!

That look!

"Hahaah I spooked you good!" Jan laughs, still clutching his pumpkin hat. Given that he has no head and just a skull-shaped bit of weird magic fire it isn't clear how he can talk at all.

Likely magic.

"Spooktober is the BEST time for spooking people! This is my first Spooktober as a boogie did I do a good job?" he asks once he's done laughing.

Really Jan would LOVE to have some feedback. So far most of the people he has startled have rated his spooking prowess pretty highly.

Though...

This dragon kid didn't scream.

Maybe that's just because dragons are brave?
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    [Spooks!]

The goat is pushed away but still stares longingly at the cookie in Jillian's hand.
    But then its attention is diverted towards Jan as he goes all spook. Well, that was it right? He had done the spook!
    [Spooks!]

Jillian frowns at the goat. "No cookie." She says firmly. Then she takes a bit to illustrate that it's hers.

Bastion recovers a bit. He leans in, taking a closer look at the spooker. "That's really scary. Do you use some kinda magic to look like that?" He asks curiously.

"Okay, now everyone get your corn sacks and we'll do the next round!" Khannie says as she heads over to the board to collect her bags. She picks them up one by one, tucking them atop her left arm-

-and one of them falls straight through.

Whoops.

She acts like nothing weird just happened and bends over to pick it up.

"Should we get to throw in a different order this time?" Khannie wonders aloud. OH! Then she gives a little gasp as an idea occurs to her! "HEY! What would happen if you threw a bag so it knocked someone else's bag off the board? Would that cancel out their point? I think maybe it should that would be tough to do. And maybe if you knocked someone else's bag into the hole, too. Then it would be three points for them instead of one. Should we do that?"
    Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Purple View Post
    Gnome, Goblin, Gorgon & Girl (They're all girls)

"If we do change the rules like that, whoever goes last has the advantage. Because nobody can hit their bags off the board and take their points away." Also people can't knock their bags into the hole and give them more points, but really Cheasadh thinks that's pretty unlikely to occur. Because she'd be aiming to knock people's bags off, her own points forgotten.
    Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post

"Yeah, we should just count the points where the bag lands," Brinika says in agreement with her sister. She then cranes her neck way up again to look at Natharia. "Who are you dressed as? I like your glasses. I used to wear ones like them before I got used to the sun."
    [Girl Girl Girl Girl]

Natharia nods in agreement with Cheasadh and Brinika. That made sense to her. Oh, but Brinika wants to know about her costume. Natharia's eyes light up. "She's a character from this really cool movie I saw. It was on the TV one time and it's so cool. It was called The Matrix."

9. - Top - End - #279
    Orc in the Playground

[Doctors and Wrestlers]

"I've met Magtok, we have a contract guarding his place," Olvisin says. "But a friend put me in touch with another cyberneticist. He'll replace my regular arms with cybernetic ones first. Then I'll think about other upgrades."
    Felandria’s eyes widen.

Ooh, you have any ideas?

Lazer eyes?

Bulletproof skin?

Cyberears?

Pony Felandria by Dirtytabs, OOTS Avvie by Purple Eagle, Doll by Recaiden
    FelandriaDeadra Blackfyre

10. - Top - End - #280
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default [Jaciko]

"Roofs, in Inside especially. There's lots of really interesting things above the streets that lots of people don't know about. There's a whole society up there, all sorts of people. Mostly with wings, but not exclusively so." Jack's part of that society, or at least on the fringes of it given she spends a lot of time on the street as well, making a living as a tourguide. Or staving off boredom by being a tourguide, anyway.
    "Can't say I've ever climbed up. No' someplace I'd really fit it. Would need a guide up there." Omiko says.
    "All the cities must have groups like that, nah? People on the rooftops, on the fringes."
    "What I'm used to is being indoors. Corridors that go up and down further than you'll ever go, halls out to the end of the world..."
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

11. - Top - End - #281

[Witch and Deer]

"I'm thinking you just gotta go for it, dude. Can't let yourself get caught up in what other people think," Dandelion replies with a shrug. Easy for her to say, she's a nymph. Nymphs are supernaturally beautiful basically by default. "Who cares if the characters are all models or whatever? I've seen fat dudes dressed as characters that are skinny women. So long as you're having fun it's all cool."

She raises an eyebrow at Mia's continued fiddling with the dress.

"And you don't seem like you're having much fun, dude. C'mon we're going to go talk to my sister," she declares. Dandelion motions for Mia to follow her and begins heading straight for Snapdragon.

It would just be illusion stuff but Snap should be able to make the dress at least SEEM more comfortable, right?

She's pretty sure this will work.

[Girl X 4]

"Yeah... that's probably too complicated,"
    Khannie finally agrees. But she perks up again pretty quickly! "Okay, I'll go again!"

And then she begins tossing!

Plap! Plap! Plap! Plap!

Four purple corn-bags land on the board! One is precariously dangling over the edge of the hole, but it didn't actually make it in.

"UGH! That one was SO CLOSE!" Khannie says with a little laugh. "Okay, who wants to go next?"

[Spooks!]

"Nah! I just look like this all the time ever since I died," Jan replies brightly as he puts his pumpkin-mask back on.

Oh.

He's a ghost.

Like...

An actual ghost.

"Did your mom make your robot costume? I really like it! It looks hard to walk in though," Jan says as he drifts a little higher off the ground, leaving his sheet dangling limply. "I just float everywhere it's really cool."

We all float down here.
    Last edited by Rebonack; 2020-10-22 at 12:24 PM.

12. - Top - End - #282

[Spooks!]

The goat looks back at Jillian as she takes a bite of her cookie and seems to want to bleat at her again. But instead...

"I apologize for my earlier behavior, lady. But Jan wished to spook you so I acted the distraction. I hope you can forgive me."
    The goat speaks and kneels down with it's hooves into the goat version of a bow.

- - - Updated - - -

[Sisters United Plus Two Non-Sisters]

Lapis appreciates the non-hair rubbing since it DID in fact take some effort to get her hair to stay put like this. Hair that goes up is hard!

"Really awesome things!" Lapis adds to Anika's comment. "Like all the bad guys you fought and how you blew up a bunch of demons at a moon well and how you get to be ON TV!"

Somehow that last one impresses Lapis the most.

Lapis seems pretty glad that Anika is going to talk about how cool SHE is, too. She's done some cool stuff! But she doesn't want to brag. The explanation of Anika's costume gets a gasp, though! "Oh no Cora told me about the bandit queen does that mean I have to help her defeat you again? Cora's dressed as a ninja her costume has got a sword but mine is WAY bigger!"

Then she brandishes her over-sized toy sword for emphasis.

Shanti gets a wave from Lapis. Wow are all the people like Anika so tall? "You're really tall like Anika," Lapis observes. "My mom's bigger, though." An ever important piece of information to share. As far as Lapis is concerned her mom is the biggest and the strongest.

"What's your costume supposed to be Blanche mine's Cloud he's a sword-guy from a game!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Arkhosia View Post
    Sisters United and Co

"Heh, yeah...." Blanche responds a little awkwardly, rubbing the back of her neck. She'd certainly disagree about what part in there's the coolest, but she also doesn't wanna argue with a child and possibly crush her dreams or something by insisting it's not all it's cracked up to be.

"Well, uh, I'm actually dressed like someone from a movie I watched a while back. He wasn't much of a sword guy, but he could summon fire from his fingertips! Although I can't really pull that bit off myself."
    [Sisters United Plus Two Non-Sisters]

Did everyone around Anika get infected by that exuberant energy of hers or did she only hang out with people that could match it? Perhaps the answer laid somewhere in-between. Shanti nods politely to Lapis once she waves back.
    "Anika is actually the tallest one in our family. Must have gotten that from grandma." She comments before taking another look at Natharia. Seemed like things were going fairly well so far.

"TV? I dunno about that." Anika remarks with a laugh. "Blanche was in way more scenes than me for one. I'm just the support for her future movie career." Anika teasingly bumps her hips into the catgirls side.

The druid then looks to Lapis again. "But yeah! I'm planning to defeat Cora tonight in a epic duel with the help my best gear and my most powerful allies!" She will put her arms around Blanche and Shanti and pull them close. Shanti can't help but to smile even as she's also rolling her eyes at her sisters antics. The two might note that the sisters actually have differently colored eyes. Anika's glow with amber while Shanti's with silver. Though otherwise it's not hard to see the family resemblance even if the supposed big sister actually is shorter than her energetic sibling.

13. - Top - End - #283
    Titan in the Playground

[Girl X 4]

Brinika's ears flick up and down.

"I don't think I've seen this one. But she does look like she's pretty cool. We're dressed as Pokemon. That is, we and all our cousins and Khannie joined in too." She looks to the board. "Want to go next, sis?"

[Doctors and Wrestlers]

Olvisin's face lights up. This is clearly a topic of great interest to her.

"I don't even know, there's so much of it. But extra limbs would be really cool. They'd let me work so much efficiently! I'd be as good as two mechanics or medics. But I'm sure they're really expensive, so I might have to wait."
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

14. - Top - End - #284
    Orc in the Playground

Who Rules The World? Girls

"I've not seen that movie either." Well, clearly. I'm not even sure Underside has televisions or cinema. "Sure, I'll go." Cheasadh throws her first, and grazes the side of the wood, but doesn't hit. Second one goes through the hole, and Cheasadh jumps for joy, before tossing the third, which bounces off the wood. Her fourth bag also hits the wood, but doesn't bounce off.

Jackio

"I work as a tour guide, sometimes. I could maybe show you around, if you wanted?" Jack tries to imagine such a place, but it's tricky. "That's... a very large house. Or some other building, I guess. Not all buildings are houses." Jack learnt that after moving to Inside. The idea of a building in which one doesn't live is a little alien to her still, but most make some sense to her. Shops, for example, and police stations, and Riftline facilities. Not offices, though. Office blocks still confuse her; why do so many people sit around in one staring at a window in a plastic box all day? She has sat on ledges and windowsills and stared inwards and still has no clue.

15. - Top - End - #285

[Witch and Deer]

"I'm thinking you just gotta go for it, dude. Can't let yourself get caught up in what other people think," Dandelion replies with a shrug. Easy for her to say, she's a nymph. Nymphs are supernaturally beautiful basically by default. "Who cares if the characters are all models or whatever? I've seen fat dudes dressed as characters that are skinny women. So long as you're having fun it's all cool."

She raises an eyebrow at Mia's continued fiddling with the dress.

"And you don't seem like you're having much fun, dude. C'mon we're going to go talk to my sister," she declares. Dandelion motions for Mia to follow her and begins heading straight for Snapdragon.

It would just be illusion stuff but Snap should be able to make the dress at least SEEM more comfortable, right?

She's pretty sure this will work.
    [Witch and Deer]

"If they like it they can enjoy it, but I would rather have something normal or at least something that is more daily life clothing." Mia says. She is no Nymph so she's not supernaturally beautiful. Can't be all that way.

She then will follow, but with a confused expression. "What is your sister doing that will help me?" Dandelion never said it out loud after all.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

16. - Top - End - #286

Spoiler: quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathkeeper View Post
    [Knights, Cowboys, and Magical Girls]

Koshal gives his patented minotaur smile (that is to say, he smiles only a little so his teeth don't show) as the situation is defused. Which is good. He hates to see his master stooping to exchanging insults.
    "You three have a great night." he says with sincerity. This is where Faye would normally pop out of his shadow to give new friends a friendly bark but she thinks that catfolks would probably not appreciate a dog saying hello.
    [Knight, Cowboy, and Magical Girls]

Reinholdt's apology both mollifies Wenomir's growing indignation and confuses him. Does he really not know what his girlfriend has done? It wouldn't surprise him; Harley has presumably never said a word of truth in her whole life. Regardless, this isn't a conversation he particularly wants to continue and Harley isn't even really worth his anger. Especially not on a party. He cranes his neck up to look for Cassandra. She's not here yet. Or just lost in the crowd.

"No offence was taken, don't worry. That said, Koshal and I were hoping to meet someone here, like you probably heard when you approached. We should go look for her. Enjoy the rest of the party."
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinholdt View Post

Reinholdt is bewildered and caught off guard by Koshal's outburst. "I assure you that both my offer and my concern are genuine," Reinholdt says with a frown, after a moment to recollect himself. "As for suggesting I wouldn't enjoy teaching, I did not mean to imply that teaching was somehow beneath me. As a student of the martial arts, I imagine you would not wish to become a doctor or a sanitation worker, but you would still respect those that chose those professions. I have nothing but the highest of respect for teachers."

Rein turns towards Wenomir. "If I have caused unintended offense, you have my deepest apologies," Rein says bowing his head apologetically towards the swordsmaster and keeping it lowered.

"Yeah, to you too," Harley replies to them when they head of. "Hope you find her."
    She makes the baby wave at them as they leave.

She's also glad that she didn't apparently mess up negotiations or whatever.

After they leave, she breathes out as if she had been holding it in, and turns to Reinholdt. "Well, that reminded me why talking with him is so enjoyable."
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    (and basically everything else that starts with 'f')
    ALSO! Come roleplay FFRPG in the Nexus!
    Nexus Characters.

17. - Top - End - #287
    Ogre in the Playground

[Magical Girls]

Reinholdt raises his head. "I understand. Have a pleasant night. Nice costume by the way." Rein nods his head as they leave.

Once alone, he turns and frowns at Harley. "You... neglected some parts of your story. I suppose it was my fault for presuming how amicable your exchange was." Rein's too wrapped up in the Maggywood notion that sword fights are dashing bits of fun that don't include poisoned hostages for some reason.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

18. - Top - End - #288
    Pixie in the Playground

Spooky Natasu

"They could, yes. But I don't think Cheasadh would want to. She wants to move past all that, not dwell on it. She's sad when she talks about it, which isn't often. And... I'm not sure if Cheasadh would want to be an adventurer." Natalie knows they could find common ground; she's not sure if Cheasadh wants to find it. And most of my characters probably fit somewhere on the spectrum; it's very hard for me to figure out what someone who doesn't have autism would do in a set situation.

"Sure, we can dance. I'll try not to step on your feet." Natalie grins and grabs Karasu's hand to lead the way, and she's quite serious about trying not to step on Karasu's feet. She isn't a great dancer.
    [Spooky Girlfriends]

((Cos I'm attached to 'karalie' and 'natasu' doesn't sound as nice to my ears.))

Karasu smiles and nods, glad to hear that Cheasadh is changing for the better. She'd like to spend time with this girl again and see for herself just how far the little gnome has come. "Don't see Chea becoming an adventurer, myself. Guess we'll have to see just what happens if they ever meet, then!"

She follows her girlfriend, chuckling at the comment. "Two left feet, eh? I'm not a good dancer, either. Who knows, you may be better than me." The snack plate follows them on a hovering plate of solid ink, freeing Karasu's other hand.

When they get to their location, Karasu suddenly lifts Natalie's hand high up in the air and twirls her!
    Purple Eagle's character list
    Love is the message.

19. - Top - End - #289
    Halfling in the Playground

[Dragons slightly spooker, LL majorly spooked?]

Well this was kind of unexpected? Ferdi's eyes widen at the scale of spookage dealt to Lambslaural and sort of half-moves forward as if expecting her to faint, before withdrawing once it becomes clear that the reaction isn't quite that bad.

He glances back at Kai, glances down at Kai's hand, then quietly slips his arm back round Kai's waist and leans back against him. "Seems like you gave your friend there more of a shock than both of us. Are, uh, are you alright?" He asks Lambslaural, uncertainly.
    Before you criticise someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticise them, you'll be a mile away and you'll have their shoes.

20. - Top - End - #290
    Ogre in the Playground

[Dragons and Deer of Varying Levels of Spook]

"Oh, my. Yes, I uh, are you alright, Miss?" Kai seems far more worried about the poor panicky fae. Of course he can't help but think of someone that Kai of course has never met and so he can't be thinking of them.
    But he does know that this poor deer-girl has probably been having a rough week.
    Jade herself, despite being the scarer, is going a bit unnoticed at the moment.
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

21. - Top - End - #291
    Orc in the Playground

Spooky Karalie

"No, I don't. She's... Too interested in her family. Her adopted family, I mean. Brinika and the goblins. I don't think she'd go on a quest to find some mystic rock, not without good reason." Natalie is of the opinion that nearly anyone would go on a quest for a mystic rock if the reason is good enough. She suspects that Cheasadh's definition of 'good enough reason' is far stricter than her own.

Natalie spins! She wasn't really expecting that, so she's lurching a little. When it's over, she copies whatever Karasu does, but a little slower and less balanced. She doesn't have a lot of practice in dancing, especially not with someone. Mostly she just dances to music she's listening to as she's cleaning in her room at GLoG, where nobody can see.

22. - Top - End - #292

[Magical Girls]

Yeah, she did leave out some parts, but thought it was completely irrelevant! No point in even mentioning it.
    "Sorry!" Harley says, keeping her voice a little hushed because talking about poison at a party that involves food probably isn't the best idea. "I thought he had realized the poison wasn't as dangerous as I told him it was, because why else would he chase me instead of taking her to medical?"

Well, it's possible that he thought she was like a snake and that it's usually good to catch the snake that poisons someone, if you can. Or maybe it's because they were on extreme caution, to keep the shapeshifting skinwalkers from invading and infecting their water supplies and replacing their members, and her shapeshifting methods are actually eerily similar to the skinwalkers'.
    She breathes out, and as consolation, says, "Don't worry, though, I made sure to check dosage and compatibility so that it wouldn't get worse than a bad case of food poisoning and allergies."

Harley looks down at Manja. "On the plus side," she says, "it feels like all you have to do is tell him I lied to and tricked you and it won't affect what he thinks of you during negotiations." She sighs: "Might even make him more sympathetic, actually."
    Last edited by 5a Violista; 2020-10-23 at 11:44 PM.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    Nexus Characters.

23. - Top - End - #293
    Ogre in the Playground

[Magical Girls]

"Hmm..." That is strange. Usually the priority is injured first, culprit second. But at the end of the day it is still Vigil and the mentality they originated from has always been culprit first, injured second. Either way there were far too many unknown circumstantial details too make any kind of judgement.

"With these kind of things, that's best used only if they bring it up. Pretending it didn't happen is the more efficient route." Though then if it is brought up, the impact of any 'I was deceived!' moments is reduced.

Rein reaches out with one finger to gently pet the top of Manja's head. "Well, no point in worrying about it right now. Besides, there's no problem I can't solve with my tongue."
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

24. - Top - End - #294

[Sisters and Non-Sisters]

"You should learn how to shoot fire from your fingers that would be cool!" Lapis encourages Blanche.

Can the cat girl even learn such things?

Lapis sure seems to think so but Lapis is notoriously lacking in her understanding of how things work.

"What's it like being on TV, Blanche is it fun?" Lapis inquires excitedly. "OH! Can we film the big battle between you guys and Cora and me?"

Obviously Lapis is going to join in she won't miss out on a fight, even a pretend one.

"Then you can show it to your TV friends and they'll like it so much and then Cora and me can be on TV too!"

Lapis has got this all planned out.

[Girls Times Four]

"You got four points this time, Cheasadh!" Khannie cheers. "No one has got it in the hole twice in a row yet, I'm going to try to do that next time it's my turn."

She's pretty sure she can pull it off.

"I watch lots of movies at home with Zebes. They're all really old ones, I think. We don't really go out to watch movies much. Have you guys been to a movie theater before? The only time I've been to one was to watch this movie about super heroes!" Khannie reports. "Super hero are SUPER COOL. I wish I could be one."

She had a plan to that effect but her dad found out about it.

Maybe once she's thirteen. That's when kids are old enough to go on pokemon adventures, right? That's GOT to be old enough to be a super hero.

[Witch and Deer(s)]

"Snap's pretty good at illusion stuff she can make your dress look like it covers you up more so you stop fidgeting with it," Dandelion explains. "HEY SNAP! I've got something for you to do."

"Besides bounce around the yard with Lucy on my back?" Snapdragon inquires. There's a little girl dressed like a fairy with glittery wings riding on the gaiad's lower body. "Because this is starting to feel like a full-time job."

"Yeah, my friend here," Dandelion points her thumb back at Mia. "Couldn't find a dress that was long enough. Can you glamour it up for her?"

Snapdragon takes a single standing LEAP and lands nearby, jostling Lucy on her back. This likely results in a great deal of giggling. "Hmmm..." Snap hums aloud, rubbing her chin thoughtfully. "How long are we talking here, Mia? Like ankle length? Down the ground? Giant hoopy thing that's impossible to get through doors?"

[Not Dragons and a Startled Gaiad]

"Y-yes, I'm fine," Lambslaural stammers. She's starting to hunker down and hug her arms around herself again. She probably needs occasional reminders to stand up straight and be confidant! "Um, I'm Lambslaural. And this is my friend Jade. It's... um... it's nice to meet you both."

Lambslaural is rather pointedly NOT asking the pair of not-dragons their name. If either of them are familiar with the Three Prohibitions regarding fae it should be pretty clear why. Then she gives her friend a sidelong glance.

"I think Jade is being visited by the Spooktober spirit and is feeling a bit spooky tonight."
    Last edited by Rebonack; 2020-10-26 at 11:21 AM.

25. - Top - End - #295
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default [Omiack]

"I work as a tour guide, sometimes. I could maybe show you around, if you wanted?" Jack tries to imagine such a place, but it's tricky. "That's... a very large house. Or some other building, I guess. Not all buildings are houses." Jack learnt that after moving to Inside. The idea of a building in which one doesn't live is a little alien to her still, but most make some sense to her. Shops, for example, and police stations, and Riftline facilities. Not offices, though. Office blocks still confuse her; why do so many people sit around in one staring at a window in a plastic box all day? She has sat on ledges and windowsills and stared inwards and still has no clue.
    "Tha could be fun. Hell, I could show you around my kinda place if you don't mind getting close to the ocean." Omiko offers, smirking.
    "Very big house. The idea is that if your house can move, well, a house can be a lot tougher than a person. With the right work, it can take you pretty much anywhere."
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

26. - Top - End - #296
    Troll in the Playground

A Gaiad, the Spirit of Autumn, and No Dragons

"That's right!" Jade says cheerily. "Queen Chestnut is hanging out with me for the night." It's fun and, as far as Jade knows, safe. Although she does owe Chestnut a favor now, but she hasn't realized that yet. Chestnut seems nice, it probably won't be that bad anyway.
    Awesome avatar (Kothar, paladin of Tlacua) by Linkele!

Quote Originally Posted by William Shakespeare, King Lear, IV.i.46
    'Tis the time's plague, when madmen lead the blind.
    My Nexus characters

27. - Top - End - #297
    Orc in the Playground

Omiack

"I don't mind the ocean. I just don't really like getting my feathers wet. But if I'm human, I don't have feathers to get wet." Except the water-proof feathers on her wings, anyway. They don't count. "A moving house sounds interesting. I have quite a bit of wanderlust, as it happens." Maybe Jack should see about getting one? Might be interesting.

28. - Top - End - #298

[Magical Girls]

If Harley thought about it, him thinking she was a skinwalker would make the most sense for that explanation. After all, she was, a little, trying to convince him she was one in order to find out what tactics they used against skinwalkers. It's just...she thought they had more intel on her.
    So, really, it's all her fault.

She agrees with him, though. Yeah, pretending it didn't happen might actually be best. He's right.

Manja, upon realizing that she's being attacked by a finger, looks upwards and kicks her legs in the air. After that, she makes a baby noise, and then reaches up with her hands, trying to grab at the wrist.

Harley opens her mouth, and then clicks her tongue against her teeth. "Yeah." She looks down to hide her blush with some of her hair. "Your tongue is a pretty good smooth-talker."
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    Nexus Characters.

29. - Top - End - #299
    Pixie in the Playground

[Spooky Karalie]

Karasu nods in agreement. She'll probably rather stay home and build a big family, be a priestess, or something.

When it's over, Karasu starts dancing. While she has some good moves, she's not as good a dancer as she is a fighter. However, she's having fun dancing with her girlfriend. "Is Iknika around? We should go say hi after we're done." She says, picking up a snack and munching on it.
    Purple Eagle's character list
    Love is the message.

30. - Top - End - #300
    Ogre in the Playground

[Magical Girls]

At first Reinholdt pulls away from Manja to make her work at it a little, but it's only a bluff as he moves the hand back in to let her catch his wrist. Good job baby! In the meantime Rein glances sideways at Harley, smirking a little at her reaction.

"Whaddya say we find someone who isn't busy that we haven't fought with yet? It's better to establish a dialogue before a dramatic fight so there's an emotional connection and you're less likely to know who to root for." Reinholdt looks around. "Plus, I wouldn't mind meeting the hostess if she's available. I've heard she's an expert on raising babies." But she's probably really busy trying to handle those same babies. "Just one option."
    Last edited by Reinholdt; 2020-10-24 at 11:28 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast