New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #331
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Spooktober 2020: How is babby feared

[Girls Times Four]

Brinika does sometimes forget how most people react to Cheasadh's life story. Not wanting to dwell on it, she stands on her tiptoes to look for someone who looks like Natharia in the crowd. Sure enough, there's two people.

"Is your mom one of the two big purple ladies? They look like you, only without the snakes." When Khannie boasts, she looks at the board again. "I don't know if it counts if it lands on the wood, but then you push it in. The game doesn't have formal rules or anything, though."
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

2. - Top - End - #332
    Pixie in the Playground

[Witch, Vampire, Lucas]

((And lets keep it this way, 'funny titles that change with each post' only seems like a good idea until you have to come find this scene in the future, and all you can remember is the scene tag. Then it becomes a hassle.))

Karasu shrugs, not quite knowing what Natalie's talking about. Maybe it's a game she hasn't played. Then she gets elbowed in the ribs after speaking, and lets Natalie do the introductions. "Pleasure."

"No. Duh." She replies in a tone that isn't too friendly, then glances at Natalie and clears her throat. "I mean, my school's in the island where I live, she does her studies at GLoG." She starts to ask a question, but refrains and lets Natalie handle it.
    Purple Eagle's character list
    Love is the message.

3. - Top - End - #333
    Orc in the Playground

Witch, Vampire, Lucas

(I get that, but... I generally search for scenes using the names of the people involved. I remember those better than the tags, whether they change or not.)

"I practice my magic at GLoG. They don't have tutors; I go to a public school in Inside, one financed by my inheritance from Dad." British meaning of 'public school', one that anyone can go to if they can afford the fee, rather than a 'private' school that require a fee and the child's parents must meet some other criteria- locality, religion or trade. So it's still quite a posh school.

"What's your costume of? I think it's someone from that cartoony fighting game; Lomond or something? Named after a lake." Natalie's thinking of Ness, and doesn't know there's two rather similar characters from the same series in the cartoony fighting game.

Girl Pluralised

"I was seven when they died, Natharia. It's... sad, but... Not recent. I've got a family, and they're better than the last. And not just because Brinika can hear me." Of course, all that's really done is confirmed to Natharia that the tiny girl is older than seven. Cheasadh hasn't mentioned her age yet, I don't think.

She turns to the board. "I'm not sure if it should count. We'd agreed that it doesn't count if you knock someone else's bags off the board or through the hole." It's consistent with earlier rules, but if Brinika and Natharia disagree, Cheasadh will go with. They're not really playing for anything- well, playing to get out of chores, but that's just for fun, and an excuse to hang out with each other later- but Natharia hasn't been dealt in on that yet, so it might not count.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

4. - Top - End - #334
    Bugbear in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    [Sisters United Plus Two Non-Sisters]

Did everyone around Anika get infected by that exuberant energy of hers or did she only hang out with people that could match it? Perhaps the answer laid somewhere in-between. Shanti nods politely to Lapis once she waves back.
    "Anika is actually the tallest one in our family. Must have gotten that from grandma." She comments before taking another look at Natharia. Seemed like things were going fairly well so far.

"TV? I dunno about that." Anika remarks with a laugh. "Blanche was in way more scenes than me for one. I'm just the support for her future movie career." Anika teasingly bumps her hips into the catgirls side.

The druid then looks to Lapis again. "But yeah! I'm planning to defeat Cora tonight in a epic duel with the help my best gear and my most powerful allies!" She will put her arms around Blanche and Shanti and pull them close. Shanti can't help but to smile even as she's also rolling her eyes at her sisters antics. The two might note that the sisters actually have differently colored eyes. Anika's glow with amber while Shanti's with silver. Though otherwise it's not hard to see the family resemblance even if the supposed big sister actually is shorter than her energetic sibling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rebonack View Post
    [Sisters and Non-Sisters]

"You should learn how to shoot fire from your fingers that would be cool!" Lapis encourages Blanche.

Can the cat girl even learn such things?

Lapis sure seems to think so but Lapis is notoriously lacking in her understanding of how things work.

"What's it like being on TV, Blanche is it fun?" Lapis inquires excitedly. "OH! Can we film the big battle between you guys and Cora and me?"

Obviously Lapis is going to join in she won't miss out on a fight, even a pretend one.

"Then you can show it to your TV friends and they'll like it so much and then Cora and me can be on TV too!"

Lapis has got this all planned out.

Sisters Plus Two

"Eheh, I wouldn't say I'm liable to go that far into stardom," Blanche starts to say as Anika bumps against her, looking a little embarrassed by all these claims of stunning cinematic career and future celebrity - but any further comments get cut off as Anika pulls the two of them side-by-side, possibly even lifting Blanche up off her feet in the process.

But regardless of whether she needs to give her girlfriend a few inches to get the gesture right, Anika certainly manages to put the two of them in delightful contrast; tall and accustomed on one side, short and surprised on the other. And maybe blushing a little, either from being held up so easily or simply pressed up against the side of her girlfriend's chest.

"I-I er, well, I dunno, it's kinda embarrassing when people recognize you from it? A-although I guess I can get why folks could find it kinda fun to do. Dressing up and acting and all that, y'know? Especially if you actually really like what you're doing it as." Which wasn't really the case for Blanche, although she did enjoy what they had her dress up as enough to ask about keeping it.
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Spoiler: Quotes from Friends <3
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SliiArhem
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? Try joining our Discord server!

5. - Top - End - #335
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    [Doctors and Wrestlers]

Olvisin's face lights up. This is clearly a topic of great interest to her.

"I don't even know, there's so much of it. But extra limbs would be really cool. They'd let me work so much efficiently! I'd be as good as two mechanics or medics. But I'm sure they're really expensive, so I might have to wait."
    Well, if you were interested in maybe joining up with HALO, our health insurance would be able to help with the costs.

Pony Felandria by Dirtytabs, OOTS Avvie by Purple Eagle, Doll by Recaiden
    FelandriaDeadra Blackfyre

6. - Top - End - #336
    Barbarian in the Playground

[Witch, Vampire, Lucas]

Oh wow Karasu is kind of prickly.

Lucas just shrugs. School on an island, sure. Out in Seaside maybe?

"So you go to a school Inside? Is it's Zaph's? That's where I go," Lucas replies. "It's a school for 'magically gifted young people' so maybe?"

Lucas isn't familiar with the British public vs private distinction.

"Oh, my costume? I'm Ness from Earthbound. It's kind of a joke since 'Lucas' is the name of a DIFFERENT character from another Earthbound game."

Oh no.

Lucas has outed himself as a huge nerd.
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

7. - Top - End - #337

"You should learn how to shoot fire from your fingers that would be cool!" Lapis encourages Blanche.

Can the cat girl even learn such things?

Lapis sure seems to think so but Lapis is notoriously lacking in her understanding of how things work.

"What's it like being on TV, Blanche is it fun?" Lapis inquires excitedly. "OH! Can we film the big battle between you guys and Cora and me?"

Obviously Lapis is going to join in she won't miss out on a fight, even a pretend one.

"Then you can show it to your TV friends and they'll like it so much and then Cora and me can be on TV too!"

Lapis has got this all planned out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arkhosia View Post
    Sisters Plus Two

"Eheh, I wouldn't say I'm liable to go that far into stardom," Blanche starts to say as Anika bumps against her, looking a little embarrassed by all these claims of stunning cinematic career and future celebrity - but any further comments get cut off as Anika pulls the two of them side-by-side, possibly even lifting Blanche up off her feet in the process.

But regardless of whether she needs to give her girlfriend a few inches to get the gesture right, Anika certainly manages to put the two of them in delightful contrast; tall and accustomed on one side, short and surprised on the other. And maybe blushing a little, either from being held up so easily or simply pressed up against the side of her girlfriend's chest.

"I-I er, well, I dunno, it's kinda embarrassing when people recognize you from it? A-although I guess I can get why folks could find it kinda fun to do. Dressing up and acting and all that, y'know? Especially if you actually really like what you're doing it as." Which wasn't really the case for Blanche, although she did enjoy what they had her dress up as enough to ask about keeping it.
    [Canines and One Dragonborn]

As Jan laughs, someone else joins in as a cackle can be heard.
    A figure materializes from the darkness nearby, seemingly holding a wand with a star at the end and a black book with a grinning skull on it despite clearly lacking arms.
    The strange creature just seem to be satisfied with watching them fight at the moment but it does look rather ominous...

Don't worry, Blanche. Anika will soon let them both go.

As she does Shanti discreetly starts to distance herself from Anika and Blanche as Lapis starts to talk about 'you guys'. She had no desire to take part in all this tomfoolery. She had her own child to keep an eye on at the moment.

"Hold on, you're a ally to Cora then? Or are you her partner or something? This is important if we're all supposed to face off in battle." A beat. "Also, we might need the permission from your mom or something. I know C-command would, uh, be unhappy if I just fought Cora on-screen." Anika couldn't even recall seeing either of Lapis parents. They must be really busy with... stuff.

8. - Top - End - #338
    Pixie in the Playground

[Witch, Vampire, Lucas]

Karasu facepalms. "We meet so much in GLoG that I keep forgetting that, love." Because, with how long they've known each other, it's something she'd have known about her love by now.

Karasu is kind of prickly, indeed! To anyone who isn't in her inner circle, or who hasn't proven to have some common ground with her, her prickly side shows itself in full force! That's why she told Natalie that she should do the talking, why Natalie had to remind her to be polite and why she has been unable to resist being prickly so far!

That all changes when Lucas reveals himself as a huge video game nerd. See, even if Karasu herself hasn't played Earthbound, one thing Natalie should know about her by now is that she's a video game nerd herself. Not only does she do well in school (like her brother), especially in the sciences (also like her brother, though in Biology compared to his Math/Physics inclinations), the time she spends after school and ninja training (when not with Natalie, or working as a temp medical assistant) is spent gaming. Maybe she's even played some with Natalie, that is, if her girlfriend finds such things fun.

"You play video games?" She asks, suddenly smiling in a way that should alert Natalie: she's in great danger of getting left out of the conversation if she doesn't join in. Karasu doesn't do it on purpose, however. "What's your favourite kind?"
    Love is the message.

9. - Top - End - #339
    Orc in the Playground

Witch, Vampire, Ness Gotta make it at least match the costume.

"Not Zaff's, no. I go to the People of Overt Scholastic Heritage school." So a really posh school.

Then Karasu gets enthusiastic, and she rolls her eyes. "Oh, here we go. I'm not great at computer games. They don't exist on my homeworld, and I'd rather read a book in the sunshine." Or practice her magic, if it's not sunny. Sitting on the floor, staring at a glowing box and pressing buttons on a thing in her hand doesn't really appeal to her. She has played a few with Karasu, and enjoys the multiplayer ones- even if she ranges from 'atrociously bad' to 'about average', since she enjoys spending time with Karasu more than playing, and doesn't practice on her own.

10. - Top - End - #340
    Titan in the Playground

[Doctors and Wrestlers]

Quote Originally Posted by Felandria View Post
    Well, if you were interested in maybe joining up with HALO, our health insurance would be able to help with the costs.
    Olvisin tilts her head as her ears flick up and down.

"Thanks, but I've got a job with MERC already. And I don't think I have the right temperament for HALO. I'm not much of a researcher. More like... building things, shooting things and stitching people up."
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

11. - Top - End - #341
    Ogre in the Playground

[Spooks!]

"Oh, I keep forgetting it isn't obvious to everyone. You have the proud gait of a true noble, young lady. I would know since I used to be one myself you see." The goat nods. "I am related to the queen of Itzaka, I was fourth in line to the throne in fact." The goat holds her head high and proud as she seems to take great joy in sharing this information.
    [Spooks!]

"Wooow, really?" Jillian's mouth opens in a little O. "Itzaka." She pronounces it carefully. "Is that a goat city and you were related to the queen of the goats?"

Quote Originally Posted by Deathkeeper View Post
    Canines and One Dragonborn

G'nichi likes to think that he's gotten a little more brave after all his adventures.
    But that doesn't mean he's any more used to fighting back supernatural terror effects.
    So G'nichi screams like a frightened child. In the manliest way possible, he assures you.
    The other thing that happens is an elegant silver rapier appears in his hand with a flash of light, its sharp tip pointed waveringly at his assailant!

With a SHLUNK! the sword carves a nice little round nose into Jan's pumpkin.

"Hahaha! Hey you gave my mask a nose thanks!" the yeth hound laughs. "Ooooh I got you good! You were SUPER spooked you should have heard that scream!"

The little boogie seems pretty pleased with himself. Man Spooktober is the best.

As Jan laughs, someone else joins in as a cackle can be heard.
    A figure materializes from the darkness nearby, seemingly holding a wand with a star at the end and a black book with a grinning skull on it despite clearly lacking arms.
    The strange creature just seem to be satisfied with watching them fight at the moment but it does look rather ominous...

Bastion watches the fresh spook and giggles as G'nichi gets properly spooked. But then a spooky ghost appears. He knows this spooky ghost, though. It's that troublemaker from last year! Oh no, should he warn them?

[Girls Times Four]

Khannie looks down at the board and wrinkles her nose.

"Wait, everyone's gone again right?" she asks. "I think that means it's my turn again."

She quickly gathers up her bean bags.

"I got four points last turn AND this turn, so that means I've got eight so far," she says as she stands back and tries lining up her next throw. "I'm going to get TWO cornbags in the hole this time!"

She's wrong, though.

She doesn't get two bags in the hole.

The first bag hits the hole dead center.

The second hits riiiiight on the edge of the hole, but doesn't go in.

The third knocks the second one INTO the hole and then goes in TOO!

And the third one just lands on the wood.

PLAP!

"I GOT THREE IN! THAT TOTALLY COUNTS!" Khannie insists, jumping up and down with glee! She's so excited that she stops thinking about her illusionary pumpkin and the object vanishes. Though her costume doesn't change. Hmmmmm!
    Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    [Girls Times Four]

Brinika does sometimes forget how most people react to Cheasadh's life story. Not wanting to dwell on it, she stands on her tiptoes to look for someone who looks like Natharia in the crowd. Sure enough, there's two people.

"Is your mom one of the two big purple ladies? They look like you, only without the snakes." When Khannie boasts, she looks at the board again. "I don't know if it counts if it lands on the wood, but then you push it in. The game doesn't have formal rules or anything, though."
    Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Purple View Post
    Girl Pluralised

"I was seven when they died, Natharia. It's... sad, but... Not recent. I've got a family, and they're better than the last. And not just because Brinika can hear me." Of course, all that's really done is confirmed to Natharia that the tiny girl is older than seven. Cheasadh hasn't mentioned her age yet, I don't think.

She turns to the board. "I'm not sure if it should count. We'd agreed that it doesn't count if you knock someone else's bags off the board or through the hole." It's consistent with earlier rules, but if Brinika and Natharia disagree, Cheasadh will go with. They're not really playing for anything- well, playing to get out of chores, but that's just for fun, and an excuse to hang out with each other later- but Natharia hasn't been dealt in on that yet, so it might not count.
    [Girls Times Four]

It's a good thing that Natharia has some distractions thrust on her, otherwise maybe she'd notice something about the illusion inconsistency. As is the illusion that was just used as an example being dropped isn't remarkable.

"Yeah, my mom is the one with black hair. She's with her sister." She can't help but have a small sour look there.

She has some thoughts on this rules dispute, but she doesn't want to be confrontational with her new friends. She'll wait and see if the dispute goes further, then maybe she'll say her piece.

12. - Top - End - #342

[Spooks!]

The goat gives her a puzzled look. "Goat...?" But as soon as the word leaves its inhuman lips, it seems to do a double take and realize something.
    "Oh, no. See, I was not always a goat, young lady. Once I was human like you but I became a, erm, goat to live forever. I am still very much a noble however but in my woe I cannot display it properly. There are no fineries made for goats." She laments while shaking her head.

13. - Top - End - #343

[Witch and Deer(s)]

"Haha, okay, easy peasy! Check THIS out, Lucy," Snapdragon says as she pops her knuckles and pulls her fingers apart, strands of glistening gossamer glittering between them like spiderwebs covered in dew. Then she'll reach out to the hem of Mia's dress and pulls down. Rather than yanking the dress off it seems to extend until it's the long, more loosely fitting modest sort. "BAM! Done. It's most glamour with just a little gossamer to give it SOME physicality. Don't touch it with anything iron or it'll pop like a soap bubble."

Then she makes a 'pop'! noise with her lips.

"Oh, right, Hector over there got some treats for us," Dandelion adds, offering a faerie brownie to Snapdragon.

"Oooh, minty witch flavor? Don't mind if I do!" Snapdragon says before grabbing one of them and prancing off again.

"There you go dude, easy solution," Dandelion says to Mia.
    [Witch and Deer(s) minus Deer?]

As snaodragon grabs for the robe she should feel that Mia is close to just jump back out of reflex, but she can calm herself.
    Then she looks down on the result, obviously suprised and also happy to be covered. It's like a totally different thing, even thought it's just an illusion.
    "Iron you say?" Mia replies as she looks suprised and a bit confused. Mia is after all the priestress of a machine god where iron is like the core element... Okay it's copper rather then Iron, but you know the drill. "Thanks for the help." she brings out just bevor Snapdragon heads of for sweets.

"I am suprised it does work." she says and then immediatly shakes her hands in a devensiv position. "Don't get me wrong I don't mean to doubt your sister, but the nexus is kinda unpredictable. Nothing goes that smooth without any other problem rising." Like suddendly this festival will be attacked by scarecrows with iron weapons or Frankenstein's robot comes or a rust monster appears that is sick and splits iron instead of consuming it... That#s not what Mia thinks, but the Nexus might have those things.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

14. - Top - End - #344
    Ogre in the Playground

[Spooks!]

Jillian's eyes narrow as she takes that in. She never used to be a goat? "Did you get turned into a goat by a spooky witch?" She inquires. That happened in lots of stories. It's also very on theme for Spooktober.

15. - Top - End - #345

[Girls Times Four]

"We decided that it doesn't count if someone else moves the bags but this was all on my turn," Khannie insists. "It should definitely count. It might have even fallen in all on its own even IF I didn't hit it! It was SUPER close."

Khannie plans to die on this hill!

Then she starts at a sudden scream nearby!

There are some weird ghosts bugging that dragon guy over there. Since everything SEEMS to be fine she turns her attention back to the board.

"I think it's a good rule. You add up your points at the END of your turn. At the end of MY turn there were three bags in the hole and one on the wood. That way if one of your bags is near the hole you can use your other throws to try to make it go in! It makes the game more skillful."

Definitely more skillful.

Has nothing to do with Khannie wanting to win.

"And if that's the rule it means anyone else can do it, too."

[Witch and Deer]

Drills are known, yes. They have lots of copper wire wrapped around their electric motor since that is how electric motors are made!

"Don't worry about it, dude," Dandelion says with a dismissive wave of her hand. "If something happens it happens. We'll just fix your dress again. Easy."

Dandelion has got this all figured out. Now that things are figured out she's heading toward Lambslaural, her other sibling, with that box of brownies. She's still got some to hand out. Mia is certainly welcome to follow her.

"I've never tried acting before, I don't think," Lapis admits. "Unless being a tree counts?"

Does being a tree count as acting? She WAS pretending to be a normal tree to fool the Boss Bird.

"I guess I could ask my mom she's over there wearing that big green hat," Lapis says, pointing at Zee who's just standing near the sidelines and seems to be having a fun time watching the goings on. Isn't that the lady from that park who was beating up those goblins that time Anika bear-bombed a bathroom? Lapis looks like she's going to say something else but then there's a VERY manly scream!

Lapis' eyes immediately focus on the scene and-!

She gasps and points!

"That's the Boss Ghost!" she stage-whispers. "The one from VIGIL last year that turned Commander Wenomir into a lady and turned me into a sheep!"

[Witch, Vampire, Lucas]

Oh wow this conversation just turned around pretty quickly.

"I really like fighting games," Lucas says. "Especially team-based ones. Me and my friend Isaac even go to tournaments sometimes."

One of these days they'll finally manage to beat that fluffy pink dragon girl that Lucas definitely doesn't have a crush on.

"What about you? What sort of games do you like?"

NERDS!

16. - Top - End - #346

[Spooks!]

Jaahlyn seems to consider this question for a moment. "I suppose you could say that young lady. The being who turned me goat-ways was certainly of the wickedest and spookiest kind."

The ghost does a double-take as it seems to notice Bastion in turn and then turns to look at the Frescot manor as if surprised to see it there.
    Then it looks back at Bastion and narrows its eyes. The ghost still doesn't do anything but stare however.

17. - Top - End - #347
    Ogre in the Playground

[Spooks!]

"Oh no! And you can't turn back?" Jillian cries out with dismay. "Does someone need to break your curse?"

18. - Top - End - #348

[Witch and Deer]

Mia doesn't seem to happy with that, but at least it is something. She will tag along, mostly since Dandelion is an enjoyable company and why not get to know the whole trio?

"I just remember a story i once heared. At a party like this, were all wear costums, a witch wanted to have soem fun. She casts a spell on everyone to become the creature they dressed. Things went horrible since some costums are enemies so they started to slaugther each other."
    Mia shivers at the thought adn it seems the story ends here. "Kinda spooky isn't it?"
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

19. - Top - End - #349
    Halfling in the Playground

Oh hey, Atreyu is here and he's totally paying attention and his player totally didn't space super-hard on this.

Poor G'nichi, if he expected some sympathy from one of his sort-of-mentors, he's not getting it. Atreyu just chuckles. "Really, Kid? Y'can't be that jumpy if yer trying to be a hero!"

[Jade, Lamb, Not-Dragons]

"Crashing on the couch, huh? I sort of know what that's like." No, Ferdi, you fool! Don't casually suggest that you also have people crashing on your brain-couch! The only person crazy enough to have caused that problem for themselves is-

"Smartass here keeps crashing on my couch. It's really annoying. You make one infernal pact for forbidden powers, and then you can't get rid of them!"

Ohh. That makes much more sense.
    Before you criticise someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticise them, you'll be a mile away and you'll have their shoes.

20. - Top - End - #350
    Ogre in the Playground

Canines and One Dragonborn

"That's what training is for! Which you might be reminded I still haven't gotten aside from swords yelling at me." G'nichi says indignantly, sticking his sword on a belt loop. If he hangs it right it shouldn't cut through. The rapier isn't sharpened at the very base of the blade.
    "I'm glad you like the nose." he says to the hound, trying his best to recover his composure.
    He doesn't even notice the cackling ghost because come on. It's a Spook party. There's tons of spooky noises going on.

Jade, LL, and Zero Dragons

"Well I'm sorry that scholars aren't exactly paid huge sums to sit around doing research. Sometimes I'd rather stay with a good friend than spend extra money on late night trains." Kai elbows Ferdi again for good measure.
    The nymph still looks pretty down. Hmm.
    "And if your friend stays up all night startling people I can always take the floor if you need a couch too, dear. Oh, that's the kind with an A." Trying to be nice to people you don't know can be so hard. Especially when they look like they want to run at a moment's notice and you just want to sound friendly. And you accidentally trip over a pun.
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

21. - Top - End - #351

[Spooks!]

The goat shakes her head. "Not becoming a human again, no. But later a good fairy granted me the ability to turn partly human and if I commited enough good deeds she said that I could break the curse." Jaahlyn looks up at to Jillian. "So, young lady, do you know any good deeds I could perform?"

22. - Top - End - #352
    Pixie in the Playground

[Witch, Vampire, Ness]

Karasu just smiles when Natalie mentions her school, squeezing her partner's hand fondly as if to reassure her, in case she feels embarassed about mentioning her school to Lucas. Of course, Natalie ought to know that her girlfriend doesn't like snobby, jumped up people. If Natalie was truly like that, they wouldn't be together. Thus, the gesture is her way of saying "It's okay, luv."

After the sudden change in attitude due to video game discussion, Karasu momentarily ignores Natalie. "I play fighters, too, like Mortal Kombat, or DBFZ. When I go single-player, I like stealth and RPGs, especially the wordy ones, cos I love reading. Never been to a tournament, but I bet I could go far enough." She nods in approval and grins at Lucas. "You play Smash? We should play some sometime, you and I."

Smash is where Ness is from.

She turns to pat Natalie's back. "My babe here isn't a fan. Can tell she enjoys being with me more than playing. I got outside hobbies, like training and watching birds, but nothing beats a gaming session, y'see?"

NERDS!

"What's your fighting game archetype? Typically go for rushdown grapplers, myself." She looks Lucas up and down and makes a guess. "Ness, so half-grappler?"
    Last edited by Purple Eagle; 2020-11-04 at 05:27 PM.
    Love is the message.

23. - Top - End - #353
    Orc in the Playground

Witch, Vampire, Ness

"I'm really not good at them. I watch the wrong character on the screen, I press the wrong button and walk into hazards, roll when I want to jump and shoot walls. I try, but... I haven't gotten any better." And now words! Natalie has no idea what Karasu is saying, and her eyes glaze over slightly.

Girls Times Four

"I... guess that does make sense. I suppose you've convinced me, Khannie. We'll count your points based on where the bags are at the end of your turn, on the wood, in the hole or on the floor." So if you knock your own bag off the board and not through the hole, you lose points.

"You don't like your aunt. Huh." Cheasadh likes Reelshka and all the other aunts she gained since she was adopted, and didn't know any of her parent's siblings before they died.

24. - Top - End - #354
    Halfling in the Playground

[Adir n' Babs]

Adir has to look around for a second to figure out who's talking. His eyes find Hector after a moment and he hesitates before saying, "Uh, yeah, I think we've got something like that. Here, come over here," he waves the little guy toward the snacks table. In transit, though, Hector is getting goggled at by Laurie. The little doe-to-be's eyes are a huge. She says one word. The most terrible word.

"Kitty."
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

25. - Top - End - #355
    Ogre in the Playground

[Adir 'n Babs]

Hector pads behind Adir, glancing up at the stag and his fawn.
    "Foxy." he corrects Laurie.
    Gosh, Adir, have you not taught your children proper animal identification?

Hector has a sinking feeling that he knows where this is going. But maybe he can handle one excited toddler.
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

26. - Top - End - #356

[Jade, LL, and Zero Dragons]

"It's fine. I'll, um... I'll be fine," Lambslaural says. Her heartbeat is getting back to normal already! Everything will be just-

"Brownie," Dandelion says as she trots past, shoving a brownie into Lambslaural's hands.

"Yeep! Umm... thank you Dandelion!" Lambslaural calls out to her sister, who doesn't even bother to slow down.

She cautiously takes a nibble from one of the corners.

Oh!

It's good!

"Umm... sleeping on a couch sounds b-bad for your back..." she mutters.

[Lizard, Canine, and Ghosts]

"Ooooh yeah! If you're training to be a hero you have to be brave!" Jan agrees. "I should follow you around and keep spooking you until you're so brave you don't get spooked anymore!"

He wants to help!

Yay!

[Witch, Vampire, Ness]

"Yeah I play Smash. Guilty Gear, Skull Girls, and Thems Fightin' Herds," Lucas replies. Then laughs when the costume it pointed out. "Haha, no I don't really play Ness at all. It's a pun since my name is Lucas, right? I mostly play zone-heavy medium or long range characters."

Then Lucas looks to Natalie. "You said you like reading? What sort of books do you like?"

He's trying to engage both of the girls here.

27. - Top - End - #357
    Titan in the Playground

[Girls Times Four]

Brinika's ears twitch.

"Yeah, it's like that game I once saw. Where you throw metal balls in a flat surface and you try to have the one closest to the target. So you can push yours closer or other players' away. But we won't be doing the second thing." She glances over at Anika. It does seem like Natharia doesn't like her. But it's probably not their business. Even if she does also find it weird. "It's your turn to throw now, Cheasadh."

28. - Top - End - #358
    Troll in the Playground

Jade, Lambslaural, Dragons

"I won't be scaring people all night. Just a while." And it's all in good spooky fun, right? As long as no one has a problem with it. Jade looks at Lambslaural and throws an arm around her. "If you need a couch, I can provide one too."
    Awesome avatar (Kothar, paladin of Tlacua) by Linkele!

Quote Originally Posted by William Shakespeare, King Lear, IV.i.46
    'Tis the time's plague, when madmen lead the blind.
    My Nexus characters

29. - Top - End - #359
    Pixie in the Playground

[Witch, Vampire, Ness]

"I play Skullgirls, too! I main Miss Fortune, Filia and Eliza!" Karasu excitedly says, borrowing her mains from Eagle, ((just switch Filia with Beowulf)). She's focused solely on chatting about stuff she finds exciting with this unexpectedly cool new guy. "A zoner, huh? Just like my big bro."

When Lucas asks Natalie a question, she quickly turns to her girlfriend. "Aww... sorry about that, babe." Sorry for leaving you out of the conversation. She gives Natalie a peck on the cheek to make her feel better. "Books, let's talk about books." Something all three have in common, it seems.
    Love is the message.

30. - Top - End - #360
    Orc in the Playground

Witch, Vampire, Ness

"I read a lot of science fiction. I... didn't realise until quite recently that on some earths, space travel is actually a thing. On mine, technological flight of most types is very hard to manage over a long distance. It's been attempted, but the vehicles tried keep getting attacked by territorial dragons." That'd put a damper on developing aeroplanes. "I've tried fantasy, but I can't get into it easily. I know too much magic to be fooled easily by authors that don't know magic at all. I prefer action books to anything else, ones with lots of explosions and battles." Natalie brightens at the subject change, and squeezes Karasu's hand.

Girls times Four

"Oh! Right, I'll get on that." Cheasadh gathers her bags and throws them. The first hits the board, and sticks to it. The second lands in the hole, hitting so square it doesn't even brush the edges. The third is a miss, Cheasadh got overconfident and threw too hard. The final throw is also through the hole, but it thuds against the side as it does.