New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314
  1. - Top - End - #391
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Spooktober 2020: How is babby feared

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    [Girls Times Four]

Brinika is about to throw the bag, when... it speaks? Her eyes go wide and her ears dip. She lowers the bag and looks at it.

"Is the bag talking? Or am I going crazy?"
    Quote Originally Posted by Rebonack View Post
    [Girls Times Four]

"C'mon! I seen better tossin' on an armless octopus! Get to throwin'!" Khannie's bags yell from the board.

Khannie seems pretty bewildered by this.

Then she gets bonked on the head with some candy corn.

She's quick to cover her head with her paws.

"Something really weird is going on," she says, watching as suddenly that weird deer lady gets GIGAMAXED!

"Oi we got a regular Sherlock over here! No **** genius!" the bag yells.

Khannie gasps! "That's a bad word you can't say that!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Purple View Post
    Girls X4

"They really are talking. Think they're trying to be mean, too." Cheasadh's totally unphased by the insults, even as the bag she holds blows raspberries at her and.
    "You couldn't hit a barn door, miss! From inside the barn, with a laser sight on your wrist! If it weren't impossible, you'd miss the ground, that's how bad you are at throwing things!"
    "My brother used to say similar things. Ignore them, they can't do anything else. Just rather pathetic excuses for beanbags."
    [Girls Times Four]

"But why are they talking now?" Natharia looks around, becoming more aware of the heightened atmosphere around them. Especially notable is the now very large person. "I think someone's messing with the party." She claims.

2. - Top - End - #392
    Barbarian in the Playground

[Girls Times Four]

"Someone is definitely messing with the party," Khannie agrees as she brushes some candy corn off her shoulder. "And messing with us a little? Cheasadh is right. Let's just ignore them and keep playing. The bags are loud but they aren't doing anything."

"We're doin'a lot! We're psychin you out you ugly little brats!" Khannie's bean bags counter.

Man what a bunch of jerks.

[Witch, Vampire, Ness]

"Yeah this is getting pretty weird," Lucas says from under his umbrella. "I'm thinking it might be time for me to go before the weird gets much weirder."

Like a pumpkin on the porch, this party is starting to get a big soggy.

[Witch and Deer(s)]

"Looks like the weird ghost over there," Dandelion says as she eyes the spooky ghost cloud forming around a small gathering nearby. "Yeah I'm thinking that's that. HEY SNAP! Put down the kid let's bail before one of us gets turned into something even weirder."

Snapdragon looks disappointed and will allow Lucy to disembark. "Bye Lucy! It's time for me and my sisters to go. Remember not to have too much fun without me okay?"

They'll shortly join Lambslaural, who seems pretty relieved about the prospect of departing.

[Canines Dragon Ghost POKEMON FIGHT!]

"Aaaww, I wanted to watch the pokemon fight," Jan complains as he tries taking a few steps and then falls over laughing. Unsurprising that he finds getting spooked entertaining.

Zee, meanwhile, frowns at the spooky cloud. Her skuntank hasn't got any sure-hit moves, but what he HAS got are a few buffs!

"Get pumped up, Skuntank! Use Focus Energy!" Zee yells to the pokmon.

"SKUNTANK!" the skunk grunts back as he begins flexing and posing. Man, look how SWOL he is! That's one buff skunk! Buff enough to really clobber a ghost next round.
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

3. - Top - End - #393
    Bugbear in the Playground

[Canines Dragon Ghost POKEMON FIGHT!]

More cackling can be heard inside the omnioust fog which continues to expand outwards (but conveniently doesn't interrupt the bag game or other scenes which doesn't really involve it) and soon a ghostly being emerges from it.

But it isn't the same ghost.

This one looks more akin to a doll, like it had its whole leathery body sewn together and its mouth closed up with a omnious zipper. It doesn't seem hostile however, it floats some distance off the ground and makes a bow before Zee and the skunktank.

Then it holds up its claws and three black balls appear which it starts to juggle, all while not making a single sound. It looks like it's enjoying itself however, like juggler or a clown.

[Sisters and Not Sisters]

Anika knew it! If she had only reacted in time!

"The boss made an evil clone of you!" Anika exclaims as she gestures at Nega-Lapis. "You must defeat it or it will possess your body!" This wasn't her first rodeo, she knew exactly the kind of abilities bosses had.

She'd help Lapis mom but... she had to stop Lapis from getting possessed first, that was priority number one.

4. - Top - End - #394
    Halfling in the Playground

[LL, Jade, Not-Dragons]

Well, that sure was dignified.

Ferdi groggily climbs back to his feet and awkwardly puts a hand on Kai's shoulder, to help steady...one of them at least, hopefully.

He stares blankly in the direction of the giant Lambslaural. "There's something you don't see every day."

[Lizard, Wolf, Ghosts]

"Ah, hells. Here's hoping this works, Kid." Atreyu mutters, patting down his druid outfit and pulling out a cigarette.

...of course he had a few tucked away. He lights it and takes a puff, turning to glance at whatever that madness going on behind him is. "Reckon we should take our leave if this does work."

He mutters a swift incantation in between puffs of pinkish smoke which, assuming this is some sort of magical effect, should undo the body-swap and return G'nichi to his rightful body.
    Before you criticise someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticise them, you'll be a mile away and you'll have their shoes.

5. - Top - End - #395
    Ogre in the Playground

Kai and Ferdi

Kai gives Ferdi a weak smile.
    "Yeah, I think this party has gotten sufficiently crazy for us. Let's bail." And off they go, to find a less insane place for some holiday revelry.

Wolf, Dog and Dragon, And Not the Pokemon Fight With The Same Location Tag For Some Reason

With a poof, G'nichi is restored to his muscles!
    "Oh, thank Bahamut. Sorry, Jan. I'll have to find you help another way."
    Atreyu and G'nichi will also probably bail before an actual brawl starts in the Frescot's yard.
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

6. - Top - End - #396

[Deer and Witch]

Mia can jus watch whats going on here right now. She's very much confused by all this.
    "What is going on?" She says. For her it really feels like this is all is like a dream, a bad one. Who knows? A giant deer is obviously bad, but thats something from her homeworld. After all those giant deer had been brave warriors at her side.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

7. - Top - End - #397
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Purple View Post
    Witch, Vampire, Ness

Natalie reaches out as the candy corn starts to fall and red hearts, spades, clubs and diamonds swirl about her hand before she's suddenly holding a brolly. She doesn't get time to put it up, though, before Ness does his thing and she hugs Karasu and hides underneath it. "My world does have tech, just... not as advanced as the Nexus, or yours. We've got local telephones, but can't call across the ocean or put one in my pocket and walk away." She smiles as she's offered floor candy. "Thank you." She takes it and eats it, reaching out to catch some for Karasu.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rebonack View Post
    "Yeah this is getting pretty weird," Lucas says from under his umbrella. "I'm thinking it might be time for me to go before the weird gets much weirder."

Like a pumpkin on the porch, this party is starting to get a big soggy.
    [Witch, Vampire, Ness]

"My girlfriend, the Luddite!" Karasu says in a fond manner as she squeezes Natalie's hand tight. She grins when her offer is accepted, and accepts whatever Natalie offers her. "And thank you!" It's her turn to eat some falling candy, nodding as she finds it quite delicious.

Lucas then announces his intention to leave before things get weirder, so Karasu tries to stop him. "Considering the changes I can see around, I'd say it's gotten as weird as it's going to get. Just be glad none of us got transformed against our wills. Stay and talk about books some more with us."

She spots the beanbag throwing contest in a distance and points in its direction. "Or, we could head there and try throwing some beanbags."
    Purple Eagle's character list
    Love is the message.

8. - Top - End - #398
    Orc in the Playground

Witch, Vampire, Ness

"I'm glad you're confident it's not going to get weirder, because I'm not that confident. Not without knowing what caused the sweetie rain, anyway." Without knowing why things got weird, there's no way to say it's stopped getting weird.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

9. - Top - End - #399

[POKEMON FIGHT!]

Oh!

OH!

Juggling, are we?

"Show him what you can do, Skuntank!" Zee yells, to which the skunk pokemon picks up a nearby large rock and begins dead-lifting it.

Yeah!

Look how buff that skunk is!

You better watch out, ghost, or he might bite you or something! Or just be intimidatingly swol.

[Dogs and things and other things]

"Helping sounds like fun!" the boogie says as he follows G'nichi. "I'm going to follow you around and spook you to help you get more braver!"

What a kind ghost.

[Lapis Vs Lapis]

"Hahaha! You can never defeat me, Lapis! I'm too po-OOF!"

"YAH!" Lapis cries as she tackles her twin and begins tickling her mercilessly!

[Witch Vampire Ness]

"Nah, sorry gals. This is just too sketchy for me. I'll probably be going to the Thanksmas party, though. Maybe we could meet up there?" Lucas suggests as he heads out. Awaaaaay

10. - Top - End - #400

[Lapis Vs Lapis]

Ouch, Lapis wasn't afraid to get down and dirty it seemed, even with her own clone. Anika knew how insidious tickling could be!
    "You got her Lapis, tell her to surrender!" Anika proclaims as she knows better than to interfere in a twin fight. Especially when they happened to be children.

[POKEMON FIGHT!]

In response all the shadowy balls explode into a small but bright firework display and the ghost bows once again.

As the light of the firework slowly fades the ghost raises one of its fingers into the air as if call the 'audiences' attention to it. Then it uses its hand to start unzip its mouth, revealing only a black unsettling void behind it. But with its other hand it reaches its hand into the void and starts to pull out a colorful rope out of its mouth. The rope seems to be endless as it soon starts to pile up underneath the ghost and it still keeps pulling out more and more of it.

But while this happens the spooky mist stirs and other ghosts starts to emerge from it. These seem much meaner that the first one and starts to fly around scaring the guests and stealing their non-essential items such as hats or whatever the guests are eating (or smoking) while cackling gleefully.

Once they've stolen an item they will simply attempt to fly away. How are they holding these items without hands or arms? Who knows. Either way, the ghosts seem to intent on driving away the guests one way or the other.

11. - Top - End - #401
    Pixie in the Playground

[Witch, Vampire, Ness]

Karasu nods at their replies. Lucas is right, things got sketchy all of a sudden. "Good point, the Nexus could decide it's not over yet. Not safe, then. Wanna go somewhere else, Talie? We can get some ice cream and return to GLoG. Would like to see Cheasadh after, too."

At the mention of Thanksmas, Karasu shakes her head. "Unlikely I'll be there. More likely to be preparing for our birthday." She points to Natalie. "We're a few days apart, makes it more convenient to celebrate on her day." She waves at Lucas as he departs, quite interested in seeing him again!

Perhaps they can even game together.
    Purple Eagle's character list
    Love is the message.

12. - Top - End - #402

[Lapis vs Evil Clone]

The merciless tickling continues!

Lapis is so intent on defeating her foe that she doesn't even notice the smaller ghosts stealing her toy buster sword! Not yet, at least. "Say you give up! Say I win!" she yells at her double.

"I give up I give up!" nega-Lapis cries out before vanishing in a cloud of Spooktober themed smoke.

With her opponent well and truly beaten, she stands up and-

"HEY! They stole my sword!"

She seems pretty upset about that.

"Where's that stupid Boss Ghost I'm going to get them good this time! I know how to do LOTS of things now besides just biting!" She hollers into the spooky cloud. "Come out Boss Ghost! You aren't getting away this time!"

Zee's skunk, meanwhile, claps at the showman ship of the spooky puppet pokemon. An impressive display!

13. - Top - End - #403

[Lapis vs Evil Clone]

Anika too fails to notice the ghost before it has flied off with the toy-sword. She ineffectually reaches in the direction it flew off into but even she realizes it's far too late. Besides, they could get it back by defeating the boss!

"Yeah, one of its adds stole it. It was so fast I couldn't do anything!" She claims as Lapis gets up. "But that just means it's part of its loot, so we have even more reason to beat it."

She looks up at the spooky cloud and as Lapis shouts her challenge the shape of the cloud suddenly changes. Becoming an imitation of the boss ghost which now stares down at Lapis and Anika and cackles deeply.

Anika frowns but notices Zee and her skunk not too far away which gives her an idea. "Aha, we should team up with your mom, Lapis! I could maybe turn into a bear and you can ride me into battle." Or Zee could do something else, Anika is actually not quite sure what Zee could do besides being really large.
    She sure hope that wouldn't lead to any 'yo momma' jokes for Lapis in the future, those jokes were the worst.

As this happens the juggling ghost finally reaches the end of the rope and by the end of it is what appears to be a flute attached. The ghost unties the rope and let's it fall to the ground and puts it to its mouth and starts playing an eerie tune with it.

To this strange melody the rope on the ground starts to move like a snake. Slowly starting to raise towards the ghost.

14. - Top - End - #404
    Orc in the Playground

Witch, Vampire, Ness

"Yeah, Thanksmas itself isn't much of a thing where I'm from. And it overlaps my birthday, so... Usually now I just have a birthday party instead." Which is something Earl should really be trying to organise. "Yeah, let's head off. See you around, Lucas!" Natalie waves, links her arm with Karasu's, and off they go.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

15. - Top - End - #405

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinholdt View Post

Rachel slinked through the party, looking for a specific set of characteristics. She finds limiting mates by hair color silly, but it did fit the theme and Rachel was an absolute sucker for theme. So if an athletic blonde is what matchmaker Leah says Rebecca needs, then that's what Rachel will find! Maybe.

There is the whole raining candy corn on her head that counts as a legitimate distraction. Rachel nods in appreciation, however. The hostess really went out on this! It's pretty impressive, though maybe a little less than tactful. Usually candy rain stops after a little bit.

More importantly it was by glancing around to identify the source of the phenomenon did she spy exactly what she was looking for! What fortune! Perhaps candy corn rain is a signal for good luck.

Rachel maneuvers her way over to Blanche, noting that she was with friends or at least near other people in a place where it's pretty much impossible to not be near other people. Either way, she addresses Blanche first with a friendly greeting and a purr in her voice. "Hello! I simply Adora your outfit. Purrhaps you could tell me what it's from? I don't recognize it." A minor fact that admittedly causes her some nerd distress.

Rachel herself is a catgirl not unlike Blanche! But really went all in on her costume with an impressive wig, hetero-chromatic contact lenses, and quite a lot of body paint. Blanche in particular can see that Rachel was quite thorough in her application. To Rachel it's all about presentation and she's taken care of her body much for that purpose! Perhaps she takes cosplay too seriously, but it may be one of the only things she does take seriously, and if that means keeping her body in shape for the camera, so be it. At least Blanche gets to appreciate some of the finer points of this effort.
    Sisters and Not Sisters

Blanche's focus on whatever shenanigans Lapis and Anika are getting themselves up to shifts as she finds herself snuck up on! Swiveling around, she blinks in surprise. Blanche isn't really used to folks popping up out of the blue and trying to strike up a conversation. Which might be a bit odd considering how often it happens around here.

"Uh, hi," she gives Rachel a quick once-over as she recovers from being caught off-guard. "Er, it's a character named Lio from a movie called Promare." There's a beat of awkward silence that Blanche feels like she has to fill, so she starts to elaborate. I don't blame you for not recognizing it, the character's a guy and I didn't really go for the hair.... Her words trail off as the curse takes effect and her eyes widen, cheeks brightening. "Y-you, erm, look pretty good too?"
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Spoiler: Quotes from Friends <3
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SliiArhem
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? Try joining our Discord server!

16. - Top - End - #406
    Ogre in the Playground

"I'll have to watch it sometime then." Rachel smiles at Blanche's compliment, glancing down at her costume briefly. "Thanks. I'm Catra from She-Ra." Rachel does a full spin ending with her hands outstretched in catpaws and a silly grin on her face. "Nyice to meet ya!"

"I actually think your hair is purrfect as is. I understand not wanting to cover it up." Oh-ho! Was this one's cheeks flushing at the signs of a cute girl? Just like Rebekkah! Had Rachel found the proverbial golden goose? She certainly seemed oriented in the right direction at least. "My name's Rachel. Err, my not stage name anyways."
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

17. - Top - End - #407
    Halfling in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Deathkeeper View Post
    Adir 'n Babs
    Hector is also not paying attention to Adir. If he were he'd probably laugh. He's looking hesitantly at Laurie.
    "I guess you can a little." he eventually mutters.
    He doesn't really want to be a cute critter. But he is one. So might as well make the kid happy.
    [Adir n' Babs]

Laurie does her best to contain a little squeal of delight, stamps her hooves, and crosses around beside Hector to lean over him. She starts to very gently stroke his back. For a kid who wants really badly to touch all the fluffy animals, she's surprisingly considerate. Must come with being Sakura's daughter.
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

18. - Top - End - #408

Sisters and Not Sisters

"Y-yeah, it's pretty good." The full spin is pretty impressive, but it doesn't exactly give Blanche a great view of Rachel's costume due to the circumstances. A good view of very different things, unfortunately. That said, the compliment to her hair gives her a bit of a different reason to blush. Her locks are something she's a bit proud of.

Blanche blinks as she processes what Catra says to her. Rachel... the name sounds vaguely familiar, but that's not where her mind goes to. "...Er, s-stage name?"
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Spoiler: Quotes from Friends <3
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SliiArhem
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? Try joining our Discord server!

19. - Top - End - #409
    Ogre in the Playground

Sisters and Not Sisters

Rachel smiles broadly. "Well, yes. I'm a professional cosplayer. Err... aspiring professional cosplayer. Amphitrite. That's the name I use online. I'm not surprised you haven't heard of me if you don't run in those circles, but maybe you've seen a picture or two and didn't know that it was me!" Rachel can only hope.

"It has been hard balancing cosplay with... other aspects of my life though. That's why I love Spooktober. Nyobody can stop me, nyahahaha!" Rachel's villainous laughter is exaggerated, but genuine. "Plus it's fun meeting so many beautiful new people."
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.