New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Spooktober 2020: How is babby feared

Oh.
    Remember that big dramatic speech you gave, Hector? The really guilt-trippy one?
    Yeah turns out that was entirely wrong and you made your sister pull three consecutive all-nighters because of it.
    Heather slooooowly tilts her head down to the fox in her arms. Hector is met with a most un-Buttercup look. One that makes him question if Heather really kept Buttercup's cheer and ditziness or if she merely held onto it willingly to cope with the massive amount of weird this week has been.
    "Hector, oh loving and know-it-all brother of mine whom I love very much?" she says icily.
    "Y-yes Heather, oh benevolent and forgiving s-sister of mine whom I have wronged so many times?" stammers Hector.
    "There. Will. Be Words." and then she brightens again, dropping Hector and waving at Dandelion.
    "You kids have fun at the real party; I'll meet up with you back home, Hector. Tell your sister I'm gonna keep my promise, Dandelion!" And then she quite literally disappears into the trees, specifically a large one that was sitting there with still lots of leaves. Which is now flanked by a pair of rapidly-growing dogwood saplings and a little pond bubbling up from the ground with symmetrically-placed stones and heather flowers around it.
    She's going to leave it behind in the morning five feet from the doorstep of an apparently very nice dryad so she has to make sure that it's nice and aesthetically-pleasing. Vandalizing someone's yard by haphazardly rooting trees there would be pretty rude.

Hector smiles awkwardly at Dandelion, even as a large moth flits past his ear. "You're in the doghouse, mister. You better take care of my stuff." go the beats of its wings. Hector looks down and takes the little fanny-pack that Heather carries her things in now that she can't wear pants. And delicately folds her shirt and hides it under the saplings' branches. At first he wonders why she didn't just take it off but then oh right, there's kids at this party. Better leave it for when she uproots. Hector reforms his illusion and belts on the pack. Somehow.
    "So. Haha. We found her. Yaaaay. Love you, sis." he laughs nervously, ducking under a branch totally blowing towards his ear by the wind.
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

2. - Top - End - #92
    Troll in the Playground

This may not be a slow song, but it is a swing song. Jade knows swing dancing. "Here. Take my hands." She tries to lead the nymph through the basic steps of a swing dance. They can do more complex stuff later. And technically, she's supposed to follow, but she's used to leading, and she's teaching here.
    Awesome avatar (Kothar, paladin of Tlacua) by Linkele!

Quote Originally Posted by William Shakespeare, King Lear, IV.i.46
    'Tis the time's plague, when madmen lead the blind.
    My Nexus characters

3. - Top - End - #93
    Barbarian in the Playground

Yep.

That branch totally just blew in the wind.

Not an irritated gaiad swinging it at her sibling.

Nope. No chance of that.

"Will do. Have fun doing the haunted forest thing," Dandelion says as she starts heading back around the house toward the party. Then she adds. "Your sis is pretty cool."

She liked the way she told Hector off.

That was hilarious.

Though she isn't going to laugh about it. At least not externally. That wouldn't be very cool.

"Okay. Mission one complete," Dandelion says as she pounds one fist into her palm. "Found your sis and you guys made up. Mission two. Figure out how the hell to eat candy corn without barfing my guts out."

She looks out over the party, hands on her hips. The gaiad looks supremely confidant that she could accomplish this goal without difficulty.

"NO idea how to do that."

Hah.

"Hey, do you think there might be faeries that make takeout? Maybe we could order some," she asks Hector.

Calling takeout to a party? Desperate times.

MEANWHILE!

"Umm... alright?" Aries says, taking Jade by the hands.

Then?

Swing dancing lessons.

He starts off by watching how she moves her legs quite a bit, doing his best to follow. This has the upside of providing a really good view of her body, which he appreciates! Though he has enough sense to focus mostly one what he's trying to do. Namely, swing dance. Aries isn't the most nimble person. Certainly not like Snapdragon is. But he's probably a bit more agile than your average Joe on the street. He's competent. He can definitely dance with a bit of practice.

But what REALLY helps here is his ability to read people. After getting a feel for how the dance moves work, how Jade's body moves and twists and twirls with the music, he catches on quickly. He's able to follow her steps. He even tries to improvise a little.

His smile is getting steadily larger. "This is really fun. I've never really danced like this before."

Snap likes dancing at parties, but it isn't quite dancing like this. A little more rave-y is her preference.

Maybe Jade should try something a little trickier? After a try or two Aries will probably be able to get it mostly right.
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

4. - Top - End - #94
    Troll in the Playground

"You're doing pretty well! Now you lead!" Jade says. She takes up a more passive stance, ready to follow what Aries does. Hopefully, he doesn't get flustered and stop the dance outright. This has been fun.

My Nexus characters

5. - Top - End - #95
    Ogre in the Playground

"My sis is so cool." Hector agrees. "She won't let anything get her down...not even getting Buttercup'd four hours after successfully getting me de-barghest'd." Wow that was definitely not a word in the slightest.
    "Okay so I feel like we gotta figure out what the deal with the food is. Is it just not fae stuff? Or is it like iron where it stings for like, stupid fae rules or something? Because I was a boogie for months and I couldn't find a single reason iron didn't sit with me other than 'it's the Human Metal That You Don't Like.' If it's the first, we could totally find someone else who'll make something for an upstanding gaiad like you. But like, if it's just a thing Fae Don't Get Nice Things we're going to have to do some serious digging. I'd ask Beatrice but she's still probably swamped helping people who got Buttercup'd. I guess I can text her and see if she's around. She's been real patient with us. We're getting this, Dandelion. I want Heather to be able to enjoy something besides dry salad, too."
    Heather deserves only the best! Especially after he accidentally made her miserable.

---
    Oh, okay, Master Wenomir. I didn't know you had a girlfriend. Cassandra is a very nice name." Koshal says innocently. And he's not even just saying that because it happens to follow his family's naming convention of starting off names with a K- sound.

6. - Top - End - #96
    Orc in the Playground

Assorted Preteens

"Candy's sweet stuff, right? So, back at my parent's farm, that was mostly fruit. Not so much the chocolate and liquorice I get now. Maybe it's sweet vegetables, for people that can't have chocolate or whatever." That makes sense, right?

"Can I have a brownie please? I like brownies." Cheasadh's very glad they brought Khannie with them. She doesn't know the other girl very well, just that she's the daughter somehow of the guy she stayed with shortly after her parents died. But it's worth getting to know her if it means treats from the snack table.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

7. - Top - End - #97
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Purple View Post
    Also also here is Jack. She's a young woman, maybe twenty years old, with a pair of large auk wings growing from her back, each wing with a grey eye in the central joint. She's missing her little finger on her left hand, and has short black hair and grey eyes. She's wearing a black robe and a pair of red plastic horns, as well as a fake black goatee.
    "Well if it isn't the devil 'emself. A happy Spooktober to you. Could I interest you in your missing finger back?"
    Jack is approached by another partygoer, Omiko. Refresher: Omiko is an anthropomorphic lynx woman...cyborg...crystal demon...pirate. Her costume is that of a mad surgeon, and she is, at the time of this party, seven months pregnant.

Quote Originally Posted by bc56 View Post
    Eao grabs two bottles of beer and, assuming no real adults try to stop her, returns to Shan triumphantly. She pops one open with her hooves and passes it over, then opens the other. "Here you go. This stuff is great. I don't know why they don't let kids drink it."
    Shan puts their extra eye away and accepts the pilfered drink.
    Their face screws up a bit at the taste of the drink...but niphynx birds like them would tend to love their alcohol.
    "Grownups keep the most fun things for themselves, duh."
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

8. - Top - End - #98
    Troll in the Playground

Eao shifts back to child size and replies. "Yeah. They don't want kids like us to have fun. They tried to take me to an oar-fan-age once but I beat them up and escaped. They don't like it when kids are out after bedtime. I don't even have a bed! How can it be bedtime?"

My Nexus characters

9. - Top - End - #99

Aries DOES stop, flustered. But-

"But... um... I don't know-"

Jade is watching him. She thinks he can do it. He takes a deep breath, rallies his confidence, and does his best.

"Okay, I'll try."

-only for a few moments.

It isn't great.

He's not some kind of dance prodigy.

Dancing with others is a new thing for him. A new experience.

BUT!

He's doing his best.

And that counts for something right?

A little stiff at first. A little uncertain. But as he gradually relaxes the steps and pulls and twirls get a little more natural and fluid.

MEANWHILE!

"Beatrice is the one Watcher making Buttercups into other flowers, yeah?" Dandelion asks. She's pretty sure she heard about that. Buttercups, being wandering seeds, usually remains Buttercups for months or even years before they take root and grow into some other flower. By then their old personality sort-of reemerges.

Dandelion isn't sure why she knows that.

There is a bunch of gaiad stuff that she just knows now. It's like knowing how to breath.

"I dunno. I bet it's like the iron thing. But it doesn't make sense. What's iron and candy corn got to do with each other? Why those things?"

She has no idea. It doesn't help that she isn't clever like her sisters are. Iron and candy corn. ...iron and candy corn.

"Wait... I remember something. There's this game I like where you build settlements and armor and stuff and make armies, yeah? And you need to collect stuff. And to make iron you get this red mud and smelt it. Ocher or something like that," she says as she hurries off toward the edge of the woods and begins hunting around for-

"Hah!"

A small seep of water coming out of a bank. The mud there is a deep orange-red color, the water prismatic with an oily film.

Dandelion pulls off one of her black gloves, shoves her hand into the mud, and pulls out a great big blob of it.

A few dollops drop off and splat on the ground, spattering her fancy pants in rusty spots. It doesn't look like she cares much.

[Assorted Preteens]

Khannie retrieves a few brownies for the gnome and a fist-full of assorted candies for the goblin. Once those are passed out she grabs a few candy bars for herself. She likes the ones with chocolate nuget inside the most. Chocolate with more chocolate! What's not to love.

"How come your sis isn't totally sure what candy is?" Khannie asks. "Has your mom been depriving her?"

This is a valid question.

A child being unaware of what candy is sounds like child abuse to Khannie.

10. - Top - End - #100
    Ogre in the Playground

"Yeah, that's her. She has bat ears. They're big and fuzzy. Human ears are lame." That's why he and Beatrice and the gaiads don't have them!
    That's not really the reason.
    Then he watches as she gets the ore.
    "How'd you know that was there? But uh, maybe it's not ore, it's like, iron-iron. You're not gonna try to smelt it right here are you?" He has learned he doesn't know much about gaiads but he doesn't think she can make a forge right here.
    But if she can make a fire Heather would love to know she can do that.

11. - Top - End - #101
    Troll in the Playground

Jade smiles. He can do it. Sure, it's a little awkward at first, but he gets better at it, and soon Jade is happily being twirled and pulled. It's certainly very different to be doing this as a woman. "This time, catch me!" she says as she twirls back towards him. She's going to fall into his arms. But will he catch her? Hopefully he's quick enough to figure it out. But it's a standard move, right? He's probably seen it in movies or something. He can figure it out, right? If he can't, Jade's going to hit the ground hard.

My Nexus characters

12. - Top - End - #102

Dandelion tosses the blob of mud onto the ground and then begins washing her arm off in a nearby stream.

"Could hear the water and the color of the mud," Dandelion replies as she shakes the water off her arm, rolls her sleeve back down, and puts her glove on.

Then smiles a half-grin at Hector and wiggles her great big deer ears.

"Human ears are lame."

Hah!

"Nah, I'm not gunna smelt it. But I know ocher has got iron in it since how else would you be able to smelt it into iron bars?" she reasons. "Ton of iron. And touching it didn't hurt."

If it HAD hurt that probably would have burned the gossamer straight off her arm. Didn't even hesitate.

Hesitation is for cowards.

She crosses her arms under her chest and stares at the mud for a few seconds.

"You're right. Not just iron. Iron made into stuff. What's iron made into stuff got to do with candy corn?"

Dandelion feels like she is zeroing in on the answer, but she wants to hear what Hector thinks.

MEANWHILE!

There's a moment of panic.

Don't drop her don't drop her don'tdropher!

But, thankfully, for all Aries' faults being clumsy isn't one of them. He isn't terrifically strong, sure. But he's reasonably nimble. In a quick motion he bends one knee and straightens the other leg, performing a side-kneel to catch Jade!

...she's slightly crooked in his arms.

Not a perfect execution.

But he didn't drop her!

He pops back upright, lifting her as he goes, and gives her a little push. He holds out one hand, ready to catch hers as she twirls away again.

"I- I didn't drop you!"

Haha, what a dweeb.

13. - Top - End - #103
    Ogre in the Playground

"Well, candy corn is mostly sugar, just processed into triangles and dyed with food coloring. So...I guess maybe just sugar that isn't processed would be safe just like the raw iron ore you're holding?"
    Hector thinks that. The one thing that he lost when he stopped being a barghest was that...sense of how things worked. He's just guessing.
    Which clearly isn't that strong though since he was able to convince Heather of totally wrong information. Whoops.

14. - Top - End - #104
    Halfling in the Playground

"Uh, hey," Adir gently laughs as Snapdragon trots up, probably with at least one of his own kids along for the ride. He's not gonna object to it. He assumes the lady must be okay, if Sakura hasn't detected anything wrong already, but it is a bit odd seeing a stranger give his kid pony-rides. Calling them a herd definitely makes him laugh. "Manage? I just think of it like one of those guys who chases tornadoes. I'm just here to observe and get unsuspecting victims out of the way."

Adir grins and puts out one big hand to squeeze her own. "Nice to meet you, Snap," he says, his ears piqued. "Gaiads? What'sat like... earth spirits?" He looks thoughtful. "One of my daughters... well, she's got hair like me but flowers like my wife... or kinda like you. Growing amongst her hair, I mean."
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

15. - Top - End - #105
    Troll in the Playground

Jade hangs in Aries' arms and looks up at him, grinning. "You did great!" And it feels so good to be held by him. Then she's back on her feet for more dancing. "You're a natural, Aries." And sooo dreamy too. Jade definitely is checking him out again. This song must be almost over, right? They've been swinging for a while.

My Nexus characters

16. - Top - End - #106

"Hey!" Snapdragon heys back with a giggle, shooting some finger-guns Adir's way.

Pew pew!

Snapdragon would be offended by the insinuation that she's just okay. She's WAY more than okay! Snap wouldn't settle for less than okayest.

Adir's reply gets a laugh out of Snapdragon. It's a pretty animated knee-slapper. "Oh gosh now I'm imagining that! Literal child tornado rips through downtown. Devastation, muddy footprints, and empty juice boxes are all that's left in their wake," she says, slowly panning one hand to paint her imagined scene of a-

Wait a sec.

There's actually something there as she sweeps her hand. It's sort of a faint idea of a picture, almost like an after image. But it paints a scene of a neighborhood being laid lower by a tornado of children riding trikes, skipping rope, throwing balls, running with sticks, sucking on juice pops, and a multitude of other childish activities. Behind them the place looks like the room of most kids after being told to clean it up for the third time.

The short lived glamour is gone in the span of a few seconds, but it sticks around long enough to be very silly.

"Thanks for that mental image. I'll cherish it forever," Snap laughs.

Then handshake!

"Likewise! Earth spirits, yeah! Little wider portfolio than most nymphs. Instead of just a tree or just a rock or just a stream it's, like, gardens! Or parks! Or whole forests, even. We're kinda like hermit crabs. Start off with a nice little garden under our influence. Out grow that? Go scuttling around until we find a city garden big enough to fit us! Me and my sisters started out on the big side thanks to a fancy ritual slash dance party slash giant game of Simon Says we came out on top of. TON of eldritch magic got dumped on us and POW! Instant new park for Inside. The party was wild by the way. I've still got some plum wine the satyrs made if you're feeling curious. Word of warning though, that stuff kicks."

At the mention of the bab Snapdragon glances around at the gathered children.

"Must be a little one? Not seeing her among the rest of the yahoos. I bet she's cute as a button. Cherry blossom hair, I'll bet? Best look. Prunus represent!"
    she says, doing a little fist-pimp.

MEANWHILE!

More brainstorming!

"Maybe..." Dandelion muses. "Hey I know! I'm going to bug the host, see if they got a jar of sugar or something. I can try tasting a little bit and if I puke then we know we're still missing something."

She is going to go do some SCIENCE! Her methodology is a little suspect but she seems to be making progress so far. She glances around the yard, trying to figure out who the host might be. They had been the first people at the party aside from the giant swarm of children and that flower-hair chick in the witch outfit. So she's guessing that's who she wants.

Dandelion is going to trot straight up to Sakura and-

"'sup," she greets, giving a tiny rising nod. Somehow she manages to make that simple gesture impeccably cool. "I need a jar of sugar to find out if it makes me puke."

Despite being pretty uncool this demand will seem not at all strange and completely reasonable.

MEANWHILE!

"Thanks! I'm having a lot of fun!" Aries replies.

Oh boy is he ever.

This is, quite possibly, the most fun he has ever had. It's like a dream come true. Jade can use her magic to make him actually feel comfortable. It's amazing! He's always had body image issues. Nothing has ever felt... right. His gaiad form doesn't feel bad. Not like his old human shape did. He doesn't mind it. It's nice. But if he's being really honest, he likes just being the park more. But what Jade did to him? That is a really really close second to Plum Mountain Park.

It might even make it to the top of the list!

After all, it would be pretty hard to dance with Jade when he's sublimed into all the colors of the wind.

"I... um... I don't know if I'm a natural. I still feel a little stiff," he says, that self doubt creeping back. He always tends to be harder on himself than he has to. "But you're a good teacher! I think I can get better."

And then the song changes again.

The following song does not represent a belief in, or endorsement of, Michael Jackson.

THRILLER!

17. - Top - End - #107
    Ogre in the Playground

Hector follows along. He makes his illusory human disguise change into a set of fancy robes for a costume.
    ”We only need a little so we can figure out what’s safe for her to eat. We’ll try not to make a mess.” They’re just lucky Dandelion didn’t actually make a gross mess all over the snack table when she had that candy corn.

18. - Top - End - #108
    Troll in the Playground

Jade blushes at being told she's a good teacher. Honestly, any compliment from Aries would probably make her blush. As the song ends, she leans into him. Then... She gives him a hug. He wanted that earlier, right? She can deal with a little discomfort to make a hot guy feel better. "I'm sorry I made you feel awkward earlier." She's hoping she can make it up to him. He's hot and nice and funny and into her, and she likes that.

My Nexus characters

19. - Top - End - #109
    Ogre in the Playground

The least spooky witch you could ever imagine is approached as she tends to the snack table. She gives Dandelion a friendly smile, but it gives way for confusion quickly. "Sugar? Just, like, what you cook with?" That's an odd request, but the reason even more. "Um, if it's gonna make you puke maybe you should avoid it. You don't want to spoil the party for yourself. "Or anyone else for that matter.

20. - Top - End - #110
    Bugbear in the Playground

[Magical Girls]

"Well...no," Harley responds. "First two times, no. Always wore a mask, too, to stand out better." Plus, to cover her scars. Now she uses makeup to do that.

"Third time...I was impersonating a Vigil member then he called me out so I announced myself and who I was."

Thinking back to the fight, she says, "So...he's really fast. His weapon is pretty weird. I only really 'won' because I wasn't trying to defeat anyone, but instead learn some random things and then get out of there."

So, going along with the slight topic shift, she asks, "So what are the negotiations about? Or are you not going to say anything until it's finished?"
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    (and basically everything else that starts with 'f')
    ALSO! Come roleplay FFRPG in the Nexus!
    Nexus Characters.

21. - Top - End - #111

Dandelion points at Hector.

"Right there. I'm thinking the can't eat candy thing is like the can't touch iron thing," Dandelion explains. Maybe not very well. "Might be the sugar? Or something else. Dunno. The tomatoes were fine, candy corn was bad. So we gotta figure out if plain sugar is bad or okay, y'know?"

She furrows her brow in consternation.

"I'm not explaining this well. I got turned into a faerie. I came to the party since I wanted to do some normal person stuff, right? Tried to eat some candy corn. Nearly threw up. Bad time all around. So my buddy and me are trying to narrow the cause down. If sugar tastes gross then it has got to be something about refining since sugar gets made from other stuff, right?"

A beat.

She turns toward a nearly identical gaiad talking with Adir.

"HEY SNAP! SUGAR IS MADE OUT OF OTHER STUFF RIGHT?"

Snapdragon gives her a thumbs up.

"Right. Is it okay if I just go into the house and grab some sugar ooooor no?"

MEANWHILE!

Aries is...

Pretty surprised?

Maybe just the suddenness of the hug before had bothered Jade.

Or maybe the fact that it wasn't initiated by her?

Either way, Aries hugs her back.

This close he smells like the forest. Like plums and warm fallen leaves. A sweet, spicy, earthy smell.

"It's okay," he says. "I was too busy feeling sorry for myself to think about the good things I still have."

A few seconds pass as he thinks about how to arrange these words so they don't sound lame.

"It would be nice if you were one of those good things too, Jade. Friends?"

Buttercups are the BEST at making friends! But Aries has transcended their friend making power.

22. - Top - End - #112
    Ogre in the Playground

Hector shakes his head.
    ”Dandelion your hooves are covered in mud from the river. Don’t go in the nice lady’s house.”
    He tries to make all of this seem reasonable.
    ”A lot of people in Inside have become nymphs this week, like my sister and these fine ladies. We’re trying to figure out what they can eat so they can still enjoy the holiday.” See, totally just science to help people. One of the scientists is simply a little...bullish.

23. - Top - End - #113
    Troll in the Playground

Aww, that's sweet. Poetic even. "Of course we can be friends." But oh no! Is he friendzoning her? Does he want to be "just friends?" No, that wouldn't make sense. He wouldn't have asked her to dance if he wanted to be "just friends." Jade breathes deeply. Mmmm. Aries smells good. She wouldn't mind just staying here and letting him hold her for a while. Yeah. That feels good.
    Last edited by bc56; 2020-10-09 at 12:22 AM.

My Nexus characters

24. - Top - End - #114
    Ogre in the Playground

[Magical Girls]

"Well. Then that was quite rude. The least a combatant should do is learn the name of his opponent." And remember it. There's no accounting for dramatic tastes, Rein supposes. It leaves Reinholdt with a disappointed frown, however.

"We're negotiating over a soul of the past. I'll explain it all after the party, promise." While Spooktober is a good place to discuss ghosts, it's also a celebration. No need for downers. They're here to show Manja a good time!

"Do you want to go over and say hi, or find something more colorful to do?" Rein doubts introducing his girlfriend - former AMEN leader who has come to blows with Wenomir before - would help his negotiations, but he also has no intentions of displaying any shame about it either.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

25. - Top - End - #115

Aries catches a brief flicker of worry from Jade.

Did he say something wrong? Maybe he had misjudged things somehow?

But then she hugs him a little tighter.

No. That isn't it. She must be thinking...

Oh!

She must be thinking that he was maybe friend-zoning her!

There are a few false starts. He opens his mouth, only to close it again. Why was this so hard to say? It shouldn't be. Why was it so hard to get his mouth to say the words he wants it to so often? And when he DOES speak they come out jumbled. He's often wished he had the clever eloquence or the succinct clarity of his sister but... maybe he shouldn't feel that way? Maybe he should just work on being a better himself?

That's enough to work up the courage he needs.

"Maybe... more than friends, too? If... um... if that's okay with you, Jade," he finally adds.

26. - Top - End - #116

Quote Originally Posted by bc56 View Post
    Eao shifts back to child size and replies. "Yeah. They don't want kids like us to have fun. They tried to take me to an oar-fan-age once but I beat them up and escaped. They don't like it when kids are out after bedtime. I don't even have a bed! How can it be bedtime?"
    "Yeah, show those orphanages what's what!"
    But this raises an important question.
    "Why don't you have a bed? Where do you sleep?"
    Now, on the submarine there's just bunks, actually, but those count as beds, for sure.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

27. - Top - End - #117
    Troll in the Playground

Jade smiles and hugs Aries a little tighter. "Yeah, sure." She gives him a mischievous look. "Does this mean you're asking me out?" Inwardly, she's thrilled. He's great and hot and she'd like to get to know him better.

"I just find a quiet place and sit down for a while," Eao explains, "I like libraries. I can just sneak into the stacks and take a nap." Has she finished her beer already? Wow, she's no lightweight when it comes to drinking, which is probably odd, since she looks what, nine?

My Nexus characters

28. - Top - End - #118

"Why would you want to sleep on a bunch of old books?"
    Shan scoffs. They're still sipping at their drink.
    "You should get a bed, they're really comfy."
    Eao really doesn't know how things work, huh? Must be on account of being an angel.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

29. - Top - End - #119
    Troll in the Playground

"I like books!" Eao protests, "You can learn lots from books! Anything you want to know!" She is truly hungry for knowledge. She also seems insulted by the idea that she needs a bed. "I don't want to be comfy. I want to be strong! The strongest!"

My Nexus characters

30. - Top - End - #120
    Ogre in the Playground

"Oh, well I suppose I can help. Just wait here for a moment." Sakura still looks uncertain, but if she can help someone she'll go out of her way. She walks off and a short bit later comes back with a plastic cup with a little sugar in the bottom. "Will this work?" She offers the cup.