New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Spooktober 2020: How is babby feared

[Magical Girls]

"It's okay, I'm actually very forgettable," Harley quickly adds after seeing his frown. "Happens all the time."
    She nods. Negotiations over a soul, then. Makes sense, kind-of. Not really, but it's fine. It sounds complicated.

She bites her lip as she considers the choice: "I'm not sure if I want to..." she says to help reason it out, "but I would like to see his reaction. Sounds interesting; at the very least, it might be funny." Okay, that decides it. If there's the chance of something funny happen, then it doesn't matter whether you want to do it or not.

Harley stands. "Yeah. Introduce me." After quickly checking to make sure the baby is comfortable, she starts walking to go along with him.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    (and basically everything else that starts with 'f')
    ALSO! Come roleplay FFRPG in the Nexus!
    Nexus Characters.

2. - Top - End - #122
    Titan in the Playground

[Koshal & Wenomir]

Wenomir smiles slightly. Koshal is as earnest as ever.

"It hasn't been long yet. Or... well, we used to know each other before. It's a long story. Hopefully we'll find her soon."

[Assorted Preteens]

Brinika's ears flick up and down in an awkward gesture. How to put this without saying too much...

"Cheasadh wasn't always growing up with us. She lived on a farm, then in GLoG, then our parents adopted her. It's a bit of a long story."
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

3. - Top - End - #123
    Barbarian in the Playground

"Cool, that'll work. Thanks," Dandelion says as she takes the cup of sugar and scoops a bit out on her finger and-!

MOMENT OF TRUTH!

Licks it.

She makes a sour face, like she just tasted something pretty rank.

"Gross. But tolerable gross. Not I'm going to puke gross," Dandelion reports, glaring at the sugar in the bottom of the cup. "Bad but not as bad. So sugar gets made out of other stuff, yeah? And then the sugar and other things get made into candy. That's two steps instead of just one. Second step makes it worse I bet."

She glares at the cup of sugar some more, thinking. Now she's wondering about other things...

"Lambslaural touched iron before and it burned her pretty bad. It was this old folding multi-tool we had. Now I'm wondering if, like, an iron ingot would just feel gross to hold instead of hurting like a pair of scissors or whatever."

Same idea.

Fewer steps of refinement.

Dandelion is doing science here. "Hey, thanks again," she'll say to Sakura, handing the cup back. "So yeah, I'm thinking the less refined something is the more okay it is to eat it. That or we need to find someone who makes food out of stuff from the Dreamlands. That would probably work, yeah? You still got your phone, Hector? We're doing elfish take-out."

MEANWHILE!

OOF!

Additional hug acquired!

"I... yes?" Aries replies a bit hesitantly at first. But then he rallies his confidence and he doubles down! "Yes. I'm asking you out. Jade, do you want to go out with me?"

There.

He did it.

He asked a girl to go out with him. And his heart is thundering so hard he's worried it might leap out of his chest.
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

4. - Top - End - #124
    Troll in the Playground

"Yes!" Jade wasn't sure Aries would be able to do it. "You're a nice guy, I would be glad to go out with you." He's easy on the eyes too, which is a good bonus. "Did you have something in mind?" She inquires. "I wouldn't mind seeing your park for myself if it's anywhere near as good-looking as you." Oh no, now Aries has Jade doing the corny lines too!
    Awesome avatar (Kothar, paladin of Tlacua) by Linkele!

Quote Originally Posted by William Shakespeare, King Lear, IV.i.46
    'Tis the time's plague, when madmen lead the blind.
    My Nexus characters

5. - Top - End - #125
    Ogre in the Playground

"In that case, all those all-natural brands might actually be better for you. Less added processed stuff might make it more tolerable. But it'll still be gross. Here, we can use Heather's phone. It's normal sized."
    Hector takes out a slightly damaged cell phone. It's been through a lot. Two fae adventures at least. This one has a durable plastic and glass body, so Heather can touch it without issue.
    1 MISSED CALL: LINUS 2m ago
    "O-oh. Okay. S-so uh. Who am I calling?" Hector stammers, clearly shaken by the name on the phone but choosing to ignore it.
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

6. - Top - End - #126
    Ogre in the Playground

[Cowboys, Knights, and Magical Girls]

Well Reinholdt instantly regrets his words. He didn't expect Harley to actually want to go over, but since she said yes he can't exactly back out. So now Wenomir gets to see him in this embarrassing outfit. Well that's ok. Rein always wondered what it was like to die from shame.

So Reinholdt heads over to where Wenomir and Koshal are conversing, trying to step in only when it's convenient in terms of conversation. "Wenomir." Rein says with red cheeks, glancing between the two, uncertain where to start. "I'd, uh, like to introduce you to my girlfriend Harley and our daughter Manja." Rein motions to each in turn.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

7. - Top - End - #127
    Titan in the Playground

[Doctors and Wrestlers]

Felandria will pass by someone... much smaller than she is. A portly goblin woman with dark grey skin dressed up as a villainous scientist. The mechanical arms seem to be giving her some trouble and she's very careful not to catch anyone in them.

"Excuse me, coming throu- oof." She looks up, and up and up at Felandria after navigating around her.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

8. - Top - End - #128

And then Aries' heart practically DOES leap out of his chest when Jade replies. Mostly because he wasn't expecting her to shout.

Causes him to jump a little like a startled deer.

"R-really? You would?"

He was pretty sure that Jade would agree. He had gotten that impression from her pretty strongly. But just the CHANCE that she would say no had nearly prevented him from asking at all. Getting spurned is never fun.

"O-oh I hadn't really thought that far ahead?"
    Aries replies. "I guess I could show you around Plum Mountain Park if you really wanted to? I don't know how exciting it would be compared to being a super hero. I-"

if it's anywhere near as good-looking as you

Okay that makes him flush pretty hard.

"I-I've been working really hard to, um, keep all the scary and unfriendly fae out. My sisters have been helping a lot, too. Dandelion punched a kelpie that was stalking some- OH!" his eyes light up as he realizes something! "M-maybe you can help me with something! S-since you're a hero. When the park grew lots of people got stranded in it. I've lead most of the ones who don't want to stay out but... I think some of them don't trust me. They think the weald is trying to trick them. B-but maybe if a super hero leads them out? Maybe they would trust you?"

Combine a date with some heroics?

MEANWHILE!

Dandelion rolls her eyes. "Natural brand stuff is just as processed as everything else, dude. If you want to eat something natural just munch an apple."

She's pretty resolute about that. Seeing 'all natural gummy candies' in a store had destroyed any notion that 'natural foods' are actually a thing.

And given that Dandelion is peering over Hector's shoulder she spots the name right away!

"You got a call, dude. Might be someone worried 'cuz of the Buttercupocolypse. Call 'em back and let 'em know you're okay."

Dandelion has VERY strong feelings about friends and family and how one should be good to them. Getting faerie compatible take-out is a pretty minor issue compared to letting one of Hector's friends know that she didn't turn into a Buttercup and then get shot by a monster hunter. As per usual, that wasn't a request. That was a command. Do the right thing, Hector.

9. - Top - End - #129
    Troll in the Playground

Oh come on. Jade wasn't that loud. She just wanted him to know she was enthusiastic about it. Imagine if she'd said it in a normal tone. That could have been misunderstood as reluctant or uninterested. "Stranded in the park? For days? Are they all right?" It would be tough to get enough food and water, wouldn't it? "Of course I'll help! I don't think I'll even need my equipment for that." Plus her equipment is probably not safe for Aries, being very high-tech and representative of civilization.

My Nexus characters

10. - Top - End - #130
    Orc in the Playground

Assorted Preteens

Cheasadh frowns at Khannie. "I know what candy is. A catch-all term for chocolate and sweets that aren't chocolate. I was saying that if the vegetables are sweet, they might have been put down for that reason. They're like candy, maybe." It was a treat, back on the farm, having chocolate or sweets. Mostly fruit, apples and limes. And although there was bad parenting going on, it wasn't depriving her totally of sweet things.

But she smiles as she's handed brownies. "Thank you, Khannie." She'll hand one to Pookie, who is already sticky, who eats it with enjoyment. Although the little bear thinks it would have been better made with honey, rather than chocolate.

Omiko & Jack

"I'm not sure you could. I'm a shapeshifter, and my other form doesn't have fingers. And it was bitten off by a faerie, that might have had an impact too." Since faeries are tricksy creatures, Jack wouldn't put it past the one that bit her finger off to have ensured she couldn't replace it. I don't think it did, but I'm not sure.

"I'm Jack, pleased to meet you." She smiles, and raises her hand. She demonstrates her shapeshifting by growing feathers along her hand, so that becomes a wing.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

11. - Top - End - #131

[Assorted Preteens]

Khannie's ears droop a bit.

Wow.

That is a SUPER expressive mask she has on.

Definitely not a real pokemon.

"Sorry... I guess I didn't understand what you meant..."

Why would sweet vegetables count as candy, anyway? Hopefully the brownies make up for the mistake.

She pulls the wrapper off a miniature candy bar and eats it. Om nom nom! Spooktober is the best!

"Okay what do you guys want to do next? Do you think they've got any Spooktober games?"

What would Spooktober games consist of, anyway? Khannie mostly goes to the Spooktober street fairs and they have... bobbing for apples. And cake walks. And costume contests. And haunted houses! She glances back at the spooky looking house with spider webs and boarded up windows.

"Hey, do you guys think that house is haunted? It looks really creepy."

As for Aries!

"I'm trying to keep creepy things away. And there's water and food. But... it's all water and food in a weald," Aries relies. "And, um, I said before that eating too much of it isn't good for people."

Unless they want to slowly turn into a faerie.

Since you are what you eat!

"Thanks Jade," Aries says, smiling weakly. "I know that might not be a very good first date but I think this is, um, this is important."

12. - Top - End - #132
    Ogre in the Playground

"Master!" Koshal gasps, scandalized.
    "When you take a Lady to a party you're supposed to take her there! Did you make her walk yourself?" Wenomir might remember that Koshal is being trained in etiquette as well as swordplay by Lady Danir.
    And then new people!
    "Hi Harley! Hi Manja!" he says bubbly to two of them, since the man talking didn't introduce himself.

---
    "Yeah, but we're trying to give you an option that isn't that." Hector chuckles. But he continues to freeze up at Dandelion's demand.
    "That's not a friend- uh in the literal sense. That's my- Heather's older brother. Wh-what am I supposed to say? I'm just a copy of how his brother used to be, and Heather deserves to tell her family herself what's happened to her."
    That's weird. He said that and yet he still pressed the big green call-back button. His eyes flash between Dandelion and the ringing icon before bringing the phone to his illusory head with a tiny "Eep!" He instinctively takes a couple steps away from his present company to take the phone call.
    Spoiler: phone call
    Show

Yo. "Uh, hi Linus. What's going on?
    BABY BRO! Not much, what's-wait...Nevermind. What's good, Squirt?
    "Uh, not much. I'm a the Spooktober party. I made a new friend." Aw, good for you, buddy. Are they cool? "Uh, she's pretty rad, yeah."
    Awesome. How's school? "Pretty good." Yeah? You eating right? "Totally." You start exercising like I told you after that party bus disaster? "Yes, actually." Uh-huh. And you're brushing your teeth twice a day? "Ohmygod yes, Linus, I'm not five." Sure you're not, Squirt. And how's Heather? "Oh good, we made up and- wait what."
    Hahaha, gotcha, Squirt. Who do you think told her to go back for you? You can't keep secrets from your Big Bro. "I- uh- I- if you just talked to her why did you call again?"
    Oh, because I wanted to tell her that I tried to keep her secret, really I did. But the second I walked out of the room Dad zeroed in on me using 'Squirt' and 'See ya, Heather' in the same conversation- "Oh gods is he eavesdropping on you when you visit?" I mean his son kinda stopped calling and then he saw his name on my call ID... "Well...fair." Yeah so he heard that and said that his kid suddenly started only communicating via text after they spent a day in Inside on the same day everyone started getting turned into deer-girls and man Dad is just really smart, you know? "Uh. Yeah, guess he is. What...what did he say?" He said he wants to talk to her.
    And then Mom said if he was gonna say it like that she'd hire a fleshcrafter to turn him into a centaur to make her baby feel welcome if her husband's tone wasn't doing it.

"Ohmygods she didn't." She did. She's asked him what color tail he wants three times now. I've never seen him pale like that over the same thing twice in a row. "Pffffff. Hehehe, thanks, Linus. I'll tell her. Thanks for calling." What? That ain't it, Squirt. Since we were already spilling secrets I told him the rest of what Heather told me.
    "...oh?"
    He said he wanted to talk to his children. All three of them. We haven't had a good full-family pumpkin-carving in...well ever, now that we have one more. And that black was alright for him, if he was choosing a color. "I-but-that's-I'm not-" Don't you DARE finish that sentence. You got that, Squirt? I ain't hearin' any of your excuses. And neither are Mom and Dad. If we don't see our spooky nerd when Heather gets here we're going to hire someone to drag you here in a tiny physics-defying capsule by Thanksmas.
    "I...[sniffle] thanks, Linus. You're the best."
    Darn straight. So...why are you answering Heather's phone, exactly?
    "Oh, she's asleep in a tree."
    ...didn't she say she wasn't gonna do that 'cause you said it might keep her from getting fixed if she wanted to?
    "Oh. Uh. Yeah turns out it doesn't work like that."
    ...hasn't she not slept in three days because you told her that.
    "Um...that is correct, yes."
    ...oh she mad.
    "She is very annoyed with me, yes."
    WELP, can't help you there, Squirt. I was gonna say come home tonight, but I ain't messin' with her beauty sleep. Come home tomorrow. Heather said you haven't eaten Mom's steaks since you couldn't before.
    "Thanks, Linus. We'll try. And tell Dad that I approve of his tail-color choice."
    "You got it, fuzzy buddy. Don't keep your new girlfriend waiting, now. "Wh-what? You know-" HAHAHA, it gets you as much as it used to get her! I love it!

click.

Hector goes back to Dandelion, putting the phone back in the pack. "O-okay Dandelion. We're all good." He sounds...sniffly.

13. - Top - End - #133
    Troll in the Playground

"Of course it's a good date. Hanging out in a park, helping people. It sounds great." Jade smiles at Aries. "You're doing great. Is there anything I should wear? Oh! If you don't mind, I should bring some iron. That would help them trust me." Jade has some familiarity with the faerie weaknesses. "And I've got a really cute sweater dress..."

My Nexus characters

14. - Top - End - #134

If you don't want her to agree, then you definitely shouldn't offer. Granted, he did correctly predict that she didn't want to go over, so he still gets brownie points for that.

On the walk to Wenomir, she debates what would be the best: make sure he knows who she is but then be crushed when he doesn't remember her again? Or pretend to just be a random person named Harley who has never met him before, and then laugh about his confusion later in case he does remember her but she continues to pretend to not know him?
    Only one of those options is guaranteed to leave her in a good mood, so that's the one she's going with.

She steps forward, and makes the gesture of 'I would shake your hand but I'm holding a baby right now'. (The baby Manja does reach out towards Wemonir, though, and makes some baby noises.) "Hi, it's nice to meet you," she says, with a friendly and warm smile. "I heard about you when your group came to Riverside. You're the one who uses lava magic, right? I'm a big fan."

Harley looks over at Koshal, adjusts the baby so that she can be looking at Koshal, and moves her own hand so she can grab the baby's wrist. "Say hi," she tells Manja, while having the baby wave. She then lets go of her wrist.
    Manja then reaches out towards the new face, Koshal, as if trying to grab his face or something like that.
    Last edited by 5a Violista; 2020-10-11 at 11:45 AM.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    Nexus Characters.

15. - Top - End - #135
    Titan in the Playground

Wenomir blinks. He really wasn't expecting this kind of response for Koshal. Is he being serious? Must be those... knightly ideas he's been picking up. Wenomir's not entirely familiar with the concept of knighthood, but it really sounds pretty close to the fancy nonsense the nobles and warriors back home got up to. It made his life complicated but also gave him a job, back then...

"I mean, it's not quite- we agreed to meet here-" He's almost grateful for the arrival of... is this Reinholdt? What on earth is he wearing? And who is he here with? Wenomir's face suddenly almost freezes, assuming the expression of a man who can't say what he's really thinking. "No, my speciality is swords and axes. I believe we've met before and you saw me use them both." He motions to Koshal. "And this is Koshal, my student. Koshal, this is Reinholdt, an acquaintance of mine." Sometimes somewhat friendly, sometimes not so much. "I believe he's helping run HALO now."

[Assorted Preteens]

Brinika takes a large candy bar and bites into it with her long, sharp teeth.

"No, it's just the Frescots' house with Spooktober ornaments. Mrs. Frescot works at GLoG, I don't know if you've met her. And our cousin Tuskfang is friends with her kids. I don't know if they've got games, but we should go look for some. Or come up with something if we don't find any."
    Last edited by Morty; 2020-10-10 at 01:40 PM.

16. - Top - End - #136
    Firbolg in the Playground

Omiko & Jack
    Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Purple View Post
    "I'm not sure you could. I'm a shapeshifter, and my other form doesn't have fingers. And it was bitten off by a faerie, that might have had an impact too." Since faeries are tricksy creatures, Jack wouldn't put it past the one that bit her finger off to have ensured she couldn't replace it. I don't think it did, but I'm not sure.

"I'm Jack, pleased to meet you." She smiles, and raises her hand. She demonstrates her shapeshifting by growing feathers along her hand, so that becomes a wing.
    She considers for a moment.
    "Bet I can; it works on other shapeshifters. Your body remembers what shapes its supposed to have even when they're not there. Now, this'll feel a little odd..."
    Clearly Jack lifting up her hand is agreement to be healed; she goes to hold Jack's hand with her own normal hand and her robot hand. The metal might help with any faerie influence. Dozens of spiders legs squirm out of Omiko's fingertips and would go into approximately where Jack's missing pinky should be, distorting the flesh for a moment like pebbles falling into a pond. Over the course of a couple seconds, the hand (or wing) should be made whole, in whatever form it takes. Of course, one never knows how different magics are going to interact.

"Omiko. Nice to meetcha."

Quote Originally Posted by bc56 View Post
    "I like books!" Eao protests, "You can learn lots from books! Anything you want to know!" She is truly hungry for knowledge. She also seems insulted by the idea that she needs a bed. "I don't want to be comfy. I want to be strong! The strongest!"
    "You can't learn while you're asleep. Silly."
    Must be the adulting getting to her.
    "Oh yeah? How strong are you now?"
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

17. - Top - End - #137
    Orc in the Playground

Omiko & Jack

I just checked the Discord, and the fae who bit Jack's finger off also bit the idea of a finger there off. So whilst Jack knows she had a finger there, and remembers it, her hand thinks it's whole already. So unfortunately for Omiko's plan, I'm afraid it doesn't work exactly as planned, as she doesn't grow a finger. Not a visible one, at least. Jack feels a tingle where the finger was, and looks at it with surprise. "I don't know what you've done, but I can feel the finger. I can't see it." She uses her other hand to touch it, and she can feel the spectral finger with her other hand. "This is... quite weird. Feel." She holds her hand out, held in a loose fist, but her invisible little finger is sticking out. If Omiko feels for it, she'll find it, and it's solid, to an extent at least. It'll dissipate temporarily if she tries to squeeze it too hard.

Assorted Preteens

"Of course they'll have games. Otherwise what do they do all day? Tuskfang's friends, I mean." Cheasadh looks around quickly. "Let's find Tuskfang, he'll know where the games are." Or Khannie or Brinika can have another idea they can do instead, Cheasadh's not picky.

"Vegetables as candy is weird. What kind of vegetables, did you see?" Cheasadh is hoping Khannie knows, though she's aware it's not guaranteed. Not everyone grew up on a farm.

18. - Top - End - #138
    Troll in the Playground

Inhuman Kids

"No, but I can learn as soon as I wake up. I don't need to sleep much, so I can learn a lot!" Then Eao asks how strong she is. "I'm super strong! I can cut anything! And I can talk to machines and fly and shoot lasers and I have a lot of guns!" She seems very proud of how strong she is. "But my mom is waaaaay stronger! I want to be even stronger than her someday! I want to be the strongest!"

My Nexus characters

19. - Top - End - #139

"Cool," is the sum total of Dandelion's reply.

She doesn't pry.

She doesn't ask how the conversation went.

Just 'cool' and that's it. Done.

She figures that if Hector wants to talk about it then he will.

"Arright so here's what I'm thinking," Dandelion says, tapping her temple with one finger. "We do a search on the phone, yeah? For 'faerie food'. There's gotta be someone in this giant crazy town who makes stuff that fae can eat, right? Find their number. Give 'em a call. Bam. Real Spooktober food. Better if they make candy too but I would eat literally anything right now that isn't roughage."

She gives Hector an extremely serious look.

"I have been eating. Literally. Nothing but sunlight and dirt for the past three days while being a tree. I need some honest to God real food."

MEANWHILE!

"Oh, I'm, um, I'm glad you like the idea?" Aries replies.

Honestly it doesn't seem like a great idea for a date to him. Aren't dates usually... going to the movies? Or to dinner? Or... something? He honestly doesn't have that much experience with dating. But if Jade likes the idea and if Jade is happy with the plan then who is he to argue?

Then iron is mentioned.

Aries looks uncomfortable and he rubs the back of his neck a little.

"I mean... you could? But carrying iron into a weald is kind of... um... well, some fae might not like it. It's dangerous. To some fae they just don't like being around it. Others are hurt by it. Like... um... like me. I touched some right after I got named Buttercup and it burned my hand really bad."

Aries isn't going to object to the idea, but he doesn't especially like it either.

[Assorted Preteens]

"Yeah it was one of those plates of vegetables grownups bring to parties," Khannie reports. "Carrots, celery, little tomatoes, cucumbers, broccoli, stuff like that. With a cup of dressing and a cup of peanut-butter in the middle for dipping."

Standard veggie platter. Even though some of those are technically fruits.

While the rest of the group is heading off to find games and/or Tuskfang Khannie grabs a celery stick, scoops out a big glob of peanut-butter, and CRONCHes it as she hurries after her friends.

"Aaww... I was hoping the house would be haunted," Khannie sighs. That would have been really cool.

20. - Top - End - #140
    Troll in the Playground

Default Genderbent Couple

"Right. Maybe scratch that idea." And maybe bring a steel tool in her purse anyway just to be safe. Jade understands that although she'd be with one of the rulers of that place, it's still a dangerous enchanted forest. Best not to go unprepared. Maybe she should see about borrowing a weapon from Hilda. But another part of her mind is workshopping different autumnal outfits she could wear. Something reasonable for trekking through a forest. So good shoes, a jacket, and jeans, probably. Maybe tie her hair back too, in case the brush is thick. She probably looks a little distant while she's thinking these things over.

My Nexus characters

21. - Top - End - #141
    Ogre in the Playground

Hector nods.
    He's glad she didn't hear any of it. She might have heard the part where he was clearly talking about her. Which would have been embarrassing.
    He takes the phone out again and starts doing a Moogle search for 'faerie-safe restaurants' and similar things. Not restaurants with a fey/fae theme. Those are no good.
    "Like I said, I'm almost a year old, and I barely ate anything besides fear and raw meat until an hour before Buttercupocalypse. I get you."
    He flicks through the phone as he looks for hits. Flick. Flick. Swipe. Uh...should they talk about something?
    "So apparently Ma threatened to get someone to zap Dad a horsebutt if he doesn't make Heather feel welcome enough." he snickers. He wishes he'd been there to see that. Ma always was the only one who knew how to push Dad's buttons. Kent Elwood is not an easily flustered man. I mean...she wouldn't actually- no, no she totally would. Not permanently, but she's never lied about a thing that Hector remembers. And Hector was born with all of the memories of someone who was good at remembering things!

22. - Top - End - #142
    Ogre in the Playground

Rein raises an eyebrow at the last snippet of conversation. Surely Wenomir didn't leave a lady waiting unaccompanied? Scandalous! But not his place to inquire, though he was an incorrigible gossip given the opportunity.

"You're thinking of Cessie dear." Reinholdt tells Harley, glancing at her briefly. Didn't she just say... Oh. We're doing that. Ok then. Rein can do that.

Though Wenomir's face is too readable and Rein is forced to glance away to look at Koshal. "A student. Didn't know Wenomir had those. Nice to meet you." Rein gives Koshal a smile and an awkward curtsy. "I just help Felandria by keeping things operating smoothly, that's all."
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

23. - Top - End - #143

The Plum Sisters are trying really, really hard to make it as safe of a weald as possible.

But...

At the end of the day it is STILL a weald.

It might not be a rotten, corrupted death-trap like the one the party bus crashed in last year. But that doesn't mean it is strictly SAFE.

The only thing that could make it one hundred percent safe is no doubt the Magic of Thanksmas.

Well!

Since our heroes are just kind of hovering in the dancing area at the moment Aries decides to move over toward the snack table. He's pretty sure he saw a really tasty looking vegetable platter over here. He might not be able to use the dip but cucumbers are always refreshing. And Jade might want something, too?

"Umm... did you want some punch?" Aries asks. They HAD been dancing something refreshing would probably be nice.

MEANWHILE!

There comes a snort of a laugh from Dandelion as Hector mentions his parents. "Would your mom seriously do that?"

Dandelion watches as Hector thumbs through the various hits. There are... a bunch of them? Maybe not a bunch but more than Dandelion expected. Is there really that much demand for this sort of thing? Brownies with Brownies. The Cookie Tree. Buddy the Elf's Candy Cane Emporium. Mostly sweets and stuff but there are a few normal restaurants. In so far as anything run by fae could be normal. One way or the other Dandelion is going to have to check out all these places later. Sure she could just sit around and be a park but that's boring. Food is great.

"Try that one,"
    she suggests, pointing at Brownies with Brownies. "See if they do delivery."

24. - Top - End - #144
    Ogre in the Playground

"Mom never says she'd do something she wouldn't do.
    I mean she'd probably just slip him a potion to last 'till the end of Spooktober. Not permanently. But I can't figure out which image is funnier, Dad with a big ol' set of Clydesdale hooves or getting bothered by Ma asking what kinda tail he wants. He's real serious all the time."

He flips through the ad for Brownies with Brownies, checking the info on their website. His fallback would have been looking at pony sweetshop. If any mortal could master sweets anyone could eat, it would be the ponies.
    If they don't have a website he'll just dial the number.

---

Koshal gives a tiny wave to the baby.
    "Well, it's nice to meet you, Mr. Reinholdt. I've never been to HALO. Master Wenomir has a bunch of students." A ton really, assorted throughout Vigil and Cessie's daughter and himself.
    Last edited by Deathkeeper; 2020-10-11 at 11:52 AM.

25. - Top - End - #145
    Halfling in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Deathkeeper View Post
    Coming over to the druid is a familar bronze-silver dragonfellow, wearing a cheesy set of costume greaves and breastplate with a cape. He was supposed to get sleeves but he got distracted helping Adir decorate the place with the kids. It took him quite some time.
    "Oh, uh, hello Atreyu. Your costume is interesting. Is that fur real?" he asks, surprised.

Meanwhile!

Along with the grey dragonborn is a shinier, deep-sapphire colored dragonborn of equal size, dressed in a deep red suit. A little red spade has been tied to the end of his tail.
    "You know, it would have made more sense the other way around." insists the scholar. But then, that was the point, wasn't it?
    Atreyu chuckles at the sight of G'nichi. "Lookin' good, Kid. Aye, the fur's real, taken from animals that passed away peacefully, mind." He shrugs and steps over to meet him, leaning on his crooked staff, slightly. "Ain't the sorta look I'd normally go for, mind. But it's the time fer it, right? And an old man of the woods can look kinda creepy in his own ways."

Meanwhile...

"Nonsense, you're the only one with the horns to pull off that look!" The be-suited figure's scholarly companion replies, with a smirk. "C'mon, let's go be nosy at what other people are wearing!"
    Before you criticise someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticise them, you'll be a mile away and you'll have their shoes.

26. - Top - End - #146
    Troll in the Playground

Thumbs down Genderbent Couple

"Of course, that would be great." Jade follows Aries over to the refreshments, where she takes a cupcake and another glass of punch. "You want anything?" She doesn't seem aware of his dietary restrictions.

My Nexus characters

27. - Top - End - #147
    Firbolg in the Playground

[Omiko & Jack]
    Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Purple View Post
    I just checked the Discord, and the fae who bit Jack's finger off also bit the idea of a finger there off. So whilst Jack knows she had a finger there, and remembers it, her hand thinks it's whole already. So unfortunately for Omiko's plan, I'm afraid it doesn't work exactly as planned, as she doesn't grow a finger. Not a visible one, at least. Jack feels a tingle where the finger was, and looks at it with surprise. "I don't know what you've done, but I can feel the finger. I can't see it." She uses her other hand to touch it, and she can feel the spectral finger with her other hand. "This is... quite weird. Feel." She holds her hand out, held in a loose fist, but her invisible little finger is sticking out. If Omiko feels for it, she'll find it, and it's solid, to an extent at least. It'll dissipate temporarily if she tries to squeeze it too hard.
    With her hands back to normal, Omiko feels for the phantom finger, only gingerly brushing it with her fingertips.
    "You know, it's never done that before."
    "There's something there, but it didn't get shaped all the way back."

She can only shrug.
    "Better than nothing?"

[Inhuman Kids]
    Quote Originally Posted by bc56 View Post
    "No, but I can learn as soon as I wake up. I don't need to sleep much, so I can learn a lot!" Then Eao asks how strong she is. "I'm super strong! I can cut anything! And I can talk to machines and fly and shoot lasers and I have a lot of guns!" She seems very proud of how strong she is. "But my mom is waaaaay stronger! I want to be even stronger than her someday! I want to be the strongest!"
    "Sounds boring to just wake up and read a bunch." Shan observes.

Now, if Eao wanted to make that really convincing she shoulda flown around and shot some lasers.
    "What do you need all that for?"
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

28. - Top - End - #148
    Troll in the Playground

Default Inhuman Kids

"No, reading is fun!" Eao protests. "I need to know a lot and have a lot of power so I can kill things and get stronger! I have a reliquary that fills up when I kill things."

My Nexus characters

29. - Top - End - #149
    Orc in the Playground

Jack & Omiko

"Have you tried healing something bitten off by a faerie before? Because that might explain it." Different magic works in different ways. And this is probably quite an unusual mix of magics, Omiko's healing and the fae's bite. "Oh, definitely better than before." Jack grins, rubbing her hands together to try and get used to the idea of having a finger again. It's been a few years since she lost it, so she's gotten used to the lack.

I also forgot she's missing her shadow. So that's potentially noticeable to Omiko.

30. - Top - End - #150

The baby switches target from Koshal's face to Koshal's hand. It was just moving, after all.

Harley is pretty glad Rein caught on so quickly. That's one of the things she likes most about him.

"Huh?" Harley turns to Reinholdt. "Oh. I see. Cessie. Yeah, that sounds right," she says. She laughs, and turns back to Wenomir. "Sorry, I've never been good at keeping names and faces straight."

Picking up on his comment about swords and axes, she adds, "I do like swords, though. Normally able to remember those, especially when they're particularly notable. Guess there's a first for everything!"
    "Anyway, it's nice to meet you."
    Last edited by 5a Violista; 2020-10-11 at 05:14 PM.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    Nexus Characters.