New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Spooktober 2020: How is babby feared

[Jade, LL, and Totally Not Some Dragons]

Kai smiles, his shiny sapphire hide reflecting the lights of the party oddly.
    ”You need not be afraid of me nor my companion, my dear. He might talk like a lout but I assure you that he is quite harmless.” Kai playfully elbows Ferdinand in the ribs. Poor girl looks so shy. They need to make sure they don’t frighten her away like...well, like a shy deer.
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

2. - Top - End - #242
    Barbarian in the Playground

[Jade, LL, and Totally Not Some Dragons]

How long did she need to distract them?

Maybe just for a little while?

Hopefully Jade doesn't do anything mean. But Jade wouldn't do that, right? She's nice. And deep down Lambslaural is sure that Chestnut doesn't want to harm anyone. Spooking people is just part of Spooktober.

More index finger tapping follows as the gaiad glances around anxiously.

"W-well do you mean me me? Or... um... my costume?" she asks after a few seconds of hesitation.

That's an important question.

Technically shouldn't she be in character? She doesn't know if she could pull that off devils are supposed to be really mean, right?

There probably isn't a mean bone in Lambsy's body.
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

3. - Top - End - #243
    Titan in the Playground

[Knight, Cowboy, and Magical Girls]

Reinholdt's apology both mollifies Wenomir's growing indignation and confuses him. Does he really not know what his girlfriend has done? It wouldn't surprise him; Harley has presumably never said a word of truth in her whole life. Regardless, this isn't a conversation he particularly wants to continue and Harley isn't even really worth his anger. Especially not on a party. He cranes his neck up to look for Cassandra. She's not here yet. Or just lost in the crowd.

"No offence was taken, don't worry. That said, Koshal and I were hoping to meet someone here, like you probably heard when you approached. We should go look for her. Enjoy the rest of the party."

[Doctors and Wrestlers]

Olvisin shrugs.

"They are a bit more unwieldy than I expected," she admits in the tone of someone who really isn't fond of admitting she was wrong about anything. "They're just wires in coating. I put them on because I hope to have actual cyber-arms on my back one day."

[Pokemon, Gnome, Goblin]

Brinika grabs a set of green bags and gets to throwing herself. Her first throw goes wide, as she throws it with far too much force. The second one bounces off the board and sinks into the hole. The third one hits the hole almost squarely. Brinika gets just a bit too enthusiastic from her winning streak and sends the fourth bag flying too far again.

"So far it's a draw," she declares.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

4. - Top - End - #244
    Ogre in the Playground

[Spooks!]

The two kids are walking away from the snack table, a pumpkin shaped cookie in either hand and their pockets full of candy. Bastion is dressed up in a collection of skillfully assembled cardboard boxes and tinfoil to make him a robot. Jillian has a white jumpsuit and a bulbous helmet, ready for a trip to space; after she's done with her cookies at least.

The girl spots the goat first. She points with one of her cookies. "Look, Bastion! It's a goat. Why's there a goat here?" She looks up at her big brother.

Bastion turns toward the animal with somewhat clunky movements. This costume is not great for moving around in. "Maybe it's someone's pet?" He looks nearby for someone dressed as a goat farmer or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    [Sisters United]

"Yep! But at a different place each year. This time the Frescot people have it." Anika peers at the building. "And it looks like they've done a pretty swell job with it too."

She then turns to Blanche. "Heeeeyyy! What's up, Blanch!" She raises her hand to give the catgirl a give-me-five only to realize that there is no way Blanche could reach that high unless she jumped so she settles for a down-low instead. "You look awesome in that."

Shanti puts her hand on her daughters shoulder. "Looks like there's some people of your age over there." She remarks as she looks around.
    [Sisters United]

"Huh, that's fun." Natharia looks around at the party some more, but her attention is drawn to the other girls who are probably her age. "Um." She glances at her mom, her nerves clear on her face. She hasn't really been around other kids much. She looks back at them. They're playing some kinda game it looks like. Maybe she could join... "Okay, I'll go say hi."

[Pokemon, Gnome, Goblin, Gorgon]

Another girl approaches the group. It's hard to miss her, because she's so tall. Taller than most adults, actually. That must've been one heck of a growth spurt, because she's incredibly lanky. Of course, on further inspection the snakes on her head might be of more interest. They turn and look at the other kids until the tall girl smooths them back in place. "...Hi, I'm Natharia. What game are you playing?"

5. - Top - End - #245
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Purple View Post
    Also here is Natalie, a fifteen-year-old with short black hair and bright green eyes. She's wearing a black sleeveless dress, a black hat with a wide brim and a crooked point, with cotton spiderwebs hanging from the brim and a fake hooked nose. She couldn't find a traditional broomstick, however, so she's making do with a modern broom with plastic bristles on a T-shaped metal pole.
    [Spooky Karalie]

Karasu arrives to find her girlfriend! She's dressed in all-black save for her shirt, made up with all-black makeup (lipsticks, eyeliner etc) and is wearing fake vampire fangs. She walks around the area, all dressed up like a sexy goth vampire, and looks for her girlfriend.

Upon finding her, she won't approach. She'd instead stalk her like a hunting beast stalking its prey, looking for an opening. If she finds one, she'd use her ninja skills to get close enough to scrape those fake fangs on her girlfriend's neck.

"Hi, babe."
    Purple Eagle's character list
    Love is the message.

6. - Top - End - #246
    Troll in the Playground

Default Jade, LL, and no dragons at all

Suddenly, a spooky antlered shadow, far larger than life, looms over the pair of dragonborn. It lingers for a few moments, long enough to hopefully spook them, before it lunges out of the mist at them, shouting, "BOO!" The shape then resolves itself into a beautiful woman, wearing a dress made from fallen leaves, with a rack of antlers covered in chestnut flowers and apple blossoms in her brown hair.
    Awesome avatar (Kothar, paladin of Tlacua) by Linkele!

Quote Originally Posted by William Shakespeare, King Lear, IV.i.46
    'Tis the time's plague, when madmen lead the blind.
    My Nexus characters

7. - Top - End - #247
    Orc in the Playground

Goblin, Gnome, Gorgon, Gengar (ish)

Cheasadh looks up at Natharia... And up some more. Wow, she's tall. Cheasadh's used to talking to people's knees, but this is a little ridiculous. "Hi! I'm Cheasadh, that's my sister Brinika and our friend Khannie. We're throwing these bags at the wood. One point for wood, three points for the hole. Winner is the first to twenty-one points. Like this." Cheasadh takes a red bag of corn and throws it.

Her first bag brushes the wood, but misses. Her second hits the wood, and stays put. Cheasadh frowns and concentrates, biting her tongue. It hits the wood next to the hole, but... doesn't go in. Fourth shot hits the wood and bounces off. Cheasadh frowns. She thought she'd be better than this.

Spooky Karalie

Natalie knows Karasu's coming, and is looking for her. She's still quite easy to sneak up on, however, since Karasu is particularly sneaky and Natalie- whilst observant- usually isn't observant enough.

Natalie jumps when she feels the fake fangs on her neck and squeals, before turning around and giving Karasu a big hug. Her heart's racing from the fright. "You horror. How do you always manage to sneak up on me? I was sure I'd spot you first this time."
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

8. - Top - End - #248
    Pixie in the Playground

[Spooky Karalie]

Karasu gives her girlfriend a calming hug, chuckling a little at Natalie's reaction. "Hehe... great to see you too, babe. You look pretty as always. Look, I'm a vampire!" She steps back to reveal her sexy goth vampire getup... which is much like her usual getup, only now there's the vampire part.

"Hope I didn't keep you waiting long, babe." She says, taking Natalie's hand. "Let's find something to eat, maybe even go find Cheasadh."
    Love is the message.

9. - Top - End - #249
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rebonack View Post
    [Sisters United]

Hey who is that really cool hero running over? A little half drow girl in a mostly blue denim outfit with one shoulder pauldron. Her hair has been spiked up and dyed yellow and she's hauling around a toy sword that's taller than she is. She drops her sword briefly so she can use both hands to hug Anika's leg.

"ANIKA! You came to the party! Your costume is so cool I love it!" Lapis says upon releasing Anika's leg and looking waaaaaay up. A six year old half drow is pretty small compared to a night elf. Then her attention turns to everyone else. There's another girl who's definitely older than her. And another lady who looks kind of like Anika but obviously not as cool. And then there's- "OH! You must be Blanche! I love your ears they're so pretty! I'm Lapis Lazuli I keep the grounds looking nice at VIGIL you're in VIGIL too, right I haven't seen you before."

This is the first time she's met Anika's friend Blanche!

They always seem to miss each other.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arkhosia View Post
    Four Elves and a Catgirl

Anika underestimates Blanche's willingness to accommodate, because she absolutely will jump up to return the gesture with a grin. Presumably there's enough time for her to do so before the night elf readjusts, otherwise things might get awkward.

Heh, thanks! You uh, don't look so bad yourself either." There's a bit of warmth in her cheeks when she flirts back. She's not really sure who her girlfriend is dressed up as, but she can certainly still appreciate how Anika looks. "Damn, did you make all of that yourself?"

She turns to say something to Natharia, but then another child interrupts! Maybe it shouldn't surprise Blanche as much as it does - it was a party for all ages, and the Frescots were apparently on very friendly terms with the Mithars - but she's also never seen Lapis before. Nor is she prepared to how quickly she chatters on.

"Oh, hello - er, thanks- It's nice to meet you! I- she's told you about me?" The catgirl raises an eyebrow. Just what would Anika have mentioned about her anyways?
    Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar View Post
    [Spooks!]

The two kids are walking away from the snack table, a pumpkin shaped cookie in either hand and their pockets full of candy. Bastion is dressed up in a collection of skillfully assembled cardboard boxes and tinfoil to make him a robot. Jillian has a white jumpsuit and a bulbous helmet, ready for a trip to space; after she's done with her cookies at least.

The girl spots the goat first. She points with one of her cookies. "Look, Bastion! It's a goat. Why's there a goat here?" She looks up at her big brother.

Bastion turns toward the animal with somewhat clunky movements. This costume is not great for moving around in. "Maybe it's someone's pet?" He looks nearby for someone dressed as a goat farmer or something.

[Sisters United]

"Huh, that's fun." Natharia looks around at the party some more, but her attention is drawn to the other girls who are probably her age. "Um." She glances at her mom, her nerves clear on her face. She hasn't really been around other kids much. She looks back at them. They're playing some kinda game it looks like. Maybe she could join... "Okay, I'll go say hi."
    [Sisters United]

Shanti smiles warmly as she looks at Natharia going over to meet the other kids.

Then she turns to her sister who have managed to attract yet another child and that small feline human that seemed to follow her around everywhere when she was looking away for a moment.

"Of course I came! Wouldn't want to miss hanging out with all you guys." She would ruffle Lapis hair but she doesn't want to ruin a haircut she assumes must have taken a while to get in order.

Thus she simply pats the girl on the back as she hugs her leg. Her attention then turns to Blanche too. "A lot of it is actually stuff I've kept storage for a while. Don't usually use it until days like this. I've made some adjustments to it though."

The druid looks between the two with a wide smile. "Nice that you finally get to meet. I've said nothing but awesome things about you, obviously." She gestures at the drow. "You know that Lapis beat a boss, Blanche? And she can shapeshift too. She's a bit like Cora, hence that cool swording-girl costume." Then Anika puts her hand on her chest. "As for me, I'm obviously the bandit queen. Arch-enemy of Cora."

Shanti walks up to Lapis and introduces herself next. "I'm Shantariel, Anika's sister, but you may call me Shanti."

[Spooks!]

The goat bleats again as it just stands there and stares at Jillian for a moment. Then it's going to simply walk over and attempt to snatch one of her cookies with its mouth and start to chew it down without a care in the world.

10. - Top - End - #250
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default [Jack & Omiko]

"Just don't accept anything a fae gives you. Puts you in their debt. My debt was a finger, but it could have been worse." Could have been Jack's tongue, or flesh from somewhere else on her body.

"When would you have swapped a finger for a drink?" That's quite an interesting thing to say, and it's piqued Jack's curiosity.
    "Choice advice. Don't worry, the finger was free of charge." Omiko offers a coy catlike smile. There are things they would ask a finger - or worse - for doing.

"It was a long time ago, on my first job outside of archaeology. The port side of the ship had just exploded in a collision, taking most of the supplies, so of course we head for the nearest place to repair and recover, while on the tightest rationing. And it turns out the closest place has become a secret Doorway mining base, full of cannons and guards."
    "So we go on the run from them, with nothing but drops of increasingly recycled water, trying to find some comets that wouldn't take us out of a safe path- and this dragged on for weeks before we finally were able to get anything."
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

11. - Top - End - #251

[Spooks!]

Excellent.

The goat appears to be doing its job.

Jan drifts up in his clever pumpkin ghost costume, settling near the other children as the magnificent goat captivates their attention.

"Hey," says the obviously normal fellow child. "I know who the goat belongs to."

Oh man.

Oh man this spook is going to be so great.

They don't suspect a thing!

[Goblin, Gnome, Gorgon, Gengar (maybe eventually?)]

"Yeah, we're playing whatever this is!" Khannie says, pointing at the board. "Do you want to play too? There are some more bean bags over there."

Khannie points at the bean bags in question. There are still the brown and black ones left.

"I've got four points so far and Brinika's got four, too. Cheasadh's got two but she might make a comeback!"

A beat as she eyes the head snakes. "Are the snakes part of your costume or is your hair like that for reals?" she asks curiously. She's pretty okay at illusion spells even though she only knows two so far. But she isn't sure if she's good enough to make something complicated and moving like that.

[Sisters United Plus Two Non-Sisters]

Lapis appreciates the non-hair rubbing since it DID in fact take some effort to get her hair to stay put like this. Hair that goes up is hard!

"Really awesome things!" Lapis adds to Anika's comment. "Like all the bad guys you fought and how you blew up a bunch of demons at a moon well and how you get to be ON TV!"

Somehow that last one impresses Lapis the most.

Lapis seems pretty glad that Anika is going to talk about how cool SHE is, too. She's done some cool stuff! But she doesn't want to brag. The explanation of Anika's costume gets a gasp, though! "Oh no Cora told me about the bandit queen does that mean I have to help her defeat you again? Cora's dressed as a ninja her costume has got a sword but mine is WAY bigger!"

Then she brandishes her over-sized toy sword for emphasis.

Shanti gets a wave from Lapis. Wow are all the people like Anika so tall? "You're really tall like Anika," Lapis observes. "My mom's bigger, though." An ever important piece of information to share. As far as Lapis is concerned her mom is the biggest and the strongest.

"What's your costume supposed to be Blanche mine's Cloud he's a sword-guy from a game!"

12. - Top - End - #252
    Orc in the Playground

Spooky Karalie

"No, I just got here. Food sounds good. I saw Cheasadh earlier, she's with some girls her age. And height, mostly. Leave her to it, I think. It's a party, you can say hi to her later. But let her not have to crane her neck back for everyone she talks to today." If only Natalie knew just who had just joined Cheasadh and her friends...

"There's tables of sweets this way, and some games I think." Natalie goes to loop arms with Karasu and head over there.

Jack & Omiko

"I'm glad I can swim with these wings. And fly, actually. I'm not really a big fan of the sea, and don't fancy the idea of leaving sight of land." Jackdaws, being corvids, don't migrate and have no way of finding their way back to shore. Jack also is unfamiliar enough with technology that she hasn't noticed the obvious clues that Omiko's ship wasn't on the sea, but in the void between planets. Makes sense either way, as seawater isn't drinkable... Even if Jack doesn't know what a comet is.

13. - Top - End - #253
    Titan in the Playground

Brinika is craning her neck up as much as her sister is. This is definitely the biggest kid she's ever seen.

"Those snakes look pretty real," she remarks.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

14. - Top - End - #254

[Witch and Deer]

"Pretty sure no violence is allowed at these parties, dude," Dandelion replies. "Pretty knowable."

She looks the dress up and down, considering. Maybe just covering it up with a glamour? Actually adding stuff to the dress, well... Lambsy could probably do that but it looks like she's off doing whatever with her new girlfriend. Just adding a glamour is probably something Snap could do, but she's off giving rides to the yahoos.

This just leaves Dandelion to figure it out.

She isn't as great at either of those other things. She's mostly just good at talking to people. Most of the time, anyway. Maybe the witch just needs some confidence.

"I think you look good. Probably don't need to worry about it too much," Dande reasons.

Then at the correction she blinks.

Followed by a little snort of a laugh.

"Heh. Yeah. Identical triplets."

Dandelion and her two sisters are dressed up like Cerberus, as it happens.
    [Witch and Deer]

"If rules would be enougth." Mia says. "But I know about that. I just can't ignore that it might happen.."

Mia does blush a little at the compliment, but Dandelion might notice she is still uncomfortable with the dress. She tries to keep it all in place and without showing much skin. Her education was very strict. As a representiv of her church she had to be a good example.
    Mia did saw the other deer person near Adir, but she still misses the last one.

"So how did you end up with that costum? Didn't sound like your first choice."
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

15. - Top - End - #255

Default [Jack]

"Hah. There'd be no swimming back from the places we went." Omiko says with a laugh.
    "Well, maybe...your wings are a bit special, aren't they?"
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

16. - Top - End - #256
    Orc in the Playground

Jaciko

"Yeah, they see stuff. All kinds of stuff, which I don't always get to understand. Some I get, though." But not everything, like all the stuff that Omiko has going on. "They don't help me hold my breath, though." And that would be important, for reasons that Jack doesn't actually know.

17. - Top - End - #257

Default [Omijak]

"So, if not the seas, what are ya a big fan of?"
    Holding one's breath long enough would also be difficult for Omiko. At some point you just gotta suffocate and then recover from it.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Echidna by Serpentine

18. - Top - End - #258
    Pixie in the Playground

Spooky Karalie

"No, I just got here. Food sounds good. I saw Cheasadh earlier, she's with some girls her age. And height, mostly. Leave her to it, I think. It's a party, you can say hi to her later. But let her not have to crane her neck back for everyone she talks to today." If only Natalie knew just who had just joined Cheasadh and her friends...

"There's tables of sweets this way, and some games I think." Natalie goes to loop arms with Karasu and head over there.
    [Spooky Karalie]

"Yeah, you're right. We'll go say hi to her later. Y'know, I have this feeling that Zara and Chea will get along well. Not just because Zara loves kids, but because in a way, their upbringing's similar. In a way." Karasu muses as she walks with her girlfriend, arms looped, towards the table filled with goodies.

"The Frescots, huh? Never met them, y'know." She says as she selects as many peanut butter flavoured snacks as she can, piling it on a plate that they can share together. "What game do you fancy, love?"
    Love is the message.

19. - Top - End - #259
    Orc in the Playground

Spooky Karalie

"I wouldn't be so sure. Cheasadh's put it behind her, and moved on a lot. She's not happy about it all, and wants to forget it. I hear she's started worshipping a Goddess of Hope." Also, Cheasadh has innocent blood on her hands, if indirectly. Her parents used her youth to disarm and distract their victims before they were captured.

"Really? Mrs. Frescott helps Reelshka with the childcare, and provides a lot of the children to look after as well." Natalie doesn't know them well, but has probably seen Frescotts around.

Jaciko

"Roofs, in Inside especially. There's lots of really interesting things above the streets that lots of people don't know about. There's a whole society up there, all sorts of people. Mostly with wings, but not exclusively so." Jack's part of that society, or at least on the fringes of it given she spends a lot of time on the street as well, making a living as a tourguide. Or staving off boredom by being a tourguide, anyway.

20. - Top - End - #260
    Ogre in the Playground

Goblin, Gnome, Gorgon, Gengar (ish)

Cheasadh looks up at Natharia... And up some more. Wow, she's tall. Cheasadh's used to talking to people's knees, but this is a little ridiculous. "Hi! I'm Cheasadh, that's my sister Brinika and our friend Khannie. We're throwing these bags at the wood. One point for wood, three points for the hole. Winner is the first to twenty-one points. Like this." Cheasadh takes a red bag of corn and throws it.

Her first bag brushes the wood, but misses. Her second hits the wood, and stays put. Cheasadh frowns and concentrates, biting her tongue. It hits the wood next to the hole, but... doesn't go in. Fourth shot hits the wood and bounces off. Cheasadh frowns. She thought she'd be better than this.
    [Goblin, Gnome, Gorgon, Gengar (maybe eventually?)]

"Yeah, we're playing whatever this is!" Khannie says, pointing at the board. "Do you want to play too? There are some more bean bags over there."

Khannie points at the bean bags in question. There are still the brown and black ones left.

"I've got four points so far and Brinika's got four, too. Cheasadh's got two but she might make a comeback!"

A beat as she eyes the head snakes. "Are the snakes part of your costume or is your hair like that for reals?" she asks curiously. She's pretty okay at illusion spells even though she only knows two so far. But she isn't sure if she's good enough to make something complicated and moving like that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post

Brinika is craning her neck up as much as her sister is. This is definitely the biggest kid she's ever seen.

"Those snakes look pretty real," she remarks.

Nathariatouches her 'hair' self consciously when it receives so much attention. A couple of the snakes break ranks and turn forward, looking at the other girls. Their tongues flick out in succession, tasting the air. "They're real. This is what my hair's like." Natharia clarifies. Would that be a problem. She's not sure.

Rather than await judgement, Natharia goes over to the unused beanbags and picks up the black one. "I'll play too." She throws the first. Clips the edge of the board, but otherwise hits the ground unimpeded. Oh no.

[Spooks!]

The goat bleats again as it just stands there and stares at Jillian for a moment. Then it's going to simply walk over and attempt to snatch one of her cookies with its mouth and start to chew it down without a care in the world.
    [Spooks!]

Excellent.

The goat appears to be doing its job.

Jan drifts up in his clever pumpkin ghost costume, settling near the other children as the magnificent goat captivates their attention.

"Hey," says the obviously normal fellow child. "I know who the goat belongs to."

Oh man.

Oh man this spook is going to be so great.

They don't suspect a thing!
    [Spooks!]

"Hey!" Jillian cries out. She frowns at the goat and puts her now free hand on her hip. "That was mine." She insists. She holds her second cookie up higher, ready to raise it out of the goat's reach at any moment.

Bastion, meanwhile, is busting a gut laughing. It's too much. That goat just snatched her cookie like it was nothing. He boy does his best to collect himself when someone comes to talking to them. He wipes the corner of his eye with the back of his hand. "Do they- do they know it's a cookie thief." He giggles.

21. - Top - End - #261
    Pixie in the Playground

[Spooky Karalie]

"Zabb told me, but that's not what I mean, Talie. I mean they probably can find some common ground." Times like this she wonders if Natalie's also on the spectrum. Maybe it's time to get her tested! If it's so, it'll be a way for them to bond further, in Karasu's mind. "Even though Zara has that latent psychotic nature, she's chosen to stay here and care for kids, hasn't she? Besides, she's going to put those killing skills to work as an adventurer, to help people kill bad monsters and people."

"Seen them around, but haven't ever actually met them." She confesses as she finishes picking out snacks for she and Natalie to share. "Zara probably has." Offscreen, at least.

((The OP says Sakura's attending the snacktable, but Ghar's probably busy, so...))

"Look, Talie, there's a dancing area! I wish Bro Mirai and Zither could've come, but they're busy with the baby." She says, feeding Natalie a snack.
    Love is the message.

22. - Top - End - #262

[Spooks!]

Once the goat have finished the cookie, leaving enough crumbs behind to remake half of it, it bleats again before going for the other one. It slowly approaches her and starts to extend its neck to reach the treat when Jillian suddenly pulls it away.
    As its greedy jaws chomp down on nothing but air the goat turns to look at her, seemingly confused. Why was she denying it food? "Maaah!" It tells the girl.

23. - Top - End - #263
    Ogre in the Playground

[Knights, Cowboys, and Magical Girls]

Koshal gives his patented minotaur smile (that is to say, he smiles only a little so his teeth don't show) as the situation is defused. Which is good. He hates to see his master stooping to exchanging insults.
    "You three have a great night." he says with sincerity. This is where Faye would normally pop out of his shadow to give new friends a friendly bark but she thinks that catfolks would probably not appreciate a dog saying hello.
    Last edited by Deathkeeper; 2020-10-20 at 10:14 AM.

24. - Top - End - #264

[Witch and Deer]

Dandelion gives a shrug in reply to that first comment. But to the second?

"Wasn't my idea. My sis Snapdragon came up with it,"
    she says, gesturing at the other gaiad with a child on her back. "She really like the video game this character is from."

Or was that characters?

Does Cerberus count as one or three characters?

[Spooks!]

Oh boy oh boy the dragon robot kid is looking right at Jan! Sure he's laughing and that might reduce the potency of the spook a bit but maybe that's good because it won't spook him quite so bad? These ARE kids after all you don't want to go TOO overboard on the spooking.

Well, to answer Bastion's question Jan reaches up to his pumpkin-head and pulls it off, revealing a spooky floating hound skull made of crackling orange eldritch light!

"BOO!"

Man, that's pretty spooky. Can Bastion handle it? Jan didn't even pour on any of the supernatural terror this time! This one is a pure jump-scare.

[Goblin Gnome Gorgon Gengar]

"That's really cool!" Khannie concludes regarding head snakes. "I've never met someone with snakes for hair before. Do you tell them to do stuff or do they just do their own thing?"

Important snake hair logistics questions here.

And then a throw! Which aaaaaalmost makes it.

"Throw the other three," Khannie gently suggests since their new friend seems a bit unsure of herself. "Once everyone has thrown all four bags then we can start the next round. Whoever gets to twenty one points first wins so who knows who might win?"

A beat.

"Definitely going to be me, though. I'm pretty great at throwing."

25. - Top - End - #265
    Halfling in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by bc56 View Post
    Suddenly, a spooky antlered shadow, far larger than life, looms over the pair of dragonborn. It lingers for a few moments, long enough to hopefully spook them, before it lunges out of the mist at them, shouting, "BOO!" The shape then resolves itself into a beautiful woman, wearing a dress made from fallen leaves, with a rack of antlers covered in chestnut flowers and apple blossoms in her brown hair.
    [Jade, LL, and no dragons at all]

Ferdinand jumps.

He is surprised.

In a remarkable demonstration of commitment to character, he doesn't scream and climb up the nearest tree.

Which is what a dragon that he definitely isn't, would have done.

After a moment, he turns and laughs. "Hah, you got me. Good one."
    Before you criticise someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticise them, you'll be a mile away and you'll have their shoes.

26. - Top - End - #266
    Ogre in the Playground

[Jade, LL, and 0% dragons]

Kai jumps, well, more to the side and up against Ferdinand than up.
    Because obviously Ferdinand would protect him right? Though there is one thing. For some reason his hand finds itself on his waist. Slightly odd, that.
    "Oh, ah. Hello. Nice prank." It's a Spooktober party. People jumping out and yelling isn't nearly as rude here as it would anywhere else.

27. - Top - End - #267
    Orc in the Playground

Gnome, Goblin, Gorgon, Ghastly

Cheasadh smiles as Khannie boasts. "Says you. My grandmother was a throwing champion." Cheasadh's lying; she never knew either of her biological grandparents. Unless she's telling the truth about one of Brinika's biological grandmothers, anyway.

Spooky Natasu

"They could, yes. But I don't think Cheasadh would want to. She wants to move past all that, not dwell on it. She's sad when she talks about it, which isn't often. And... I'm not sure if Cheasadh would want to be an adventurer." Natalie knows they could find common ground; she's not sure if Cheasadh wants to find it. And most of my characters probably fit somewhere on the spectrum; it's very hard for me to figure out what someone who doesn't have autism would do in a set situation.

"Sure, we can dance. I'll try not to step on your feet." Natalie grins and grabs Karasu's hand to lead the way, and she's quite serious about trying not to step on Karasu's feet. She isn't a great dancer.

28. - Top - End - #268
    Orc in the Playground

[Doctors and Wrestlers]

Olvisin shrugs.

"They are a bit more unwieldy than I expected," she admits in the tone of someone who really isn't fond of admitting she was wrong about anything. "They're just wires in coating. I put them on because I hope to have actual cyber-arms on my back one day."
    That would be pretty cool.

Have you considered talking to Magtok, he’s a cyborg, he might know some people who could help with that.

The ones you have now are really sweet, though.

Pony Felandria by Dirtytabs, OOTS Avvie by Purple Eagle, Doll by Recaiden
    FelandriaDeadra Blackfyre

29. - Top - End - #269
    Titan in the Playground

Brinika notices that the new girl seems uncomfortable about her snakes drawing attention. Maybe it's best not to bring them up again. She's also reasonably sure neither of her grandmothers was a throwing champion. Cheasadh could be talking about her old family here, but Brinika is pretty sure she's just boasting.

"Yeah, the game's not over yet. Throw the other three bags and then we'll see what happens."

[Doctors and Wrestlers]

"I've met Magtok, we have a contract guarding his place," Olvisin says. "But a friend put me in touch with another cyberneticist. He'll replace my regular arms with cybernetic ones first. Then I'll think about other upgrades."

30. - Top - End - #270
    Ogre in the Playground

[Spooks!]

Once the goat have finished the cookie, leaving enough crumbs behind to remake half of it, it bleats again before going for the other one. It slowly approaches her and starts to extend its neck to reach the treat when Jillian suddenly pulls it away.
    As its greedy jaws chomp down on nothing but air the goat turns to look at her, seemingly confused. Why was she denying it food? "Maaah!" It tells the girl.
    [Spooks!]

Oh boy oh boy the dragon robot kid is looking right at Jan! Sure he's laughing and that might reduce the potency of the spook a bit but maybe that's good because it won't spook him quite so bad? These ARE kids after all you don't want to go TOO overboard on the spooking.

Well, to answer Bastion's question Jan reaches up to his pumpkin-head and pulls it off, revealing a spooky floating hound skull made of crackling orange eldritch light!

"BOO!"

Man, that's pretty spooky. Can Bastion handle it? Jan didn't even pour on any of the supernatural terror this time! This one is a pure jump-scare.
    [Spooks!]

"Nuh uh! No!" Jillian holds the cookie even higher. She tries to push away the goat. "It's mine!"

Bastion is sure confused about the laughing. What's so funny? When the pumpkin head is removed, Bastion starts a bit and gasps. He takes a step back. Spooked! Well, not a big spook, but he sure was startled. "Um." Oh, he's still spooked. The effective low key lasting spook.

"That's really cool!" Khannie concludes regarding head snakes. "I've never met someone with snakes for hair before. Do you tell them to do stuff or do they just do their own thing?"

Important snake hair logistics questions here.

And then a throw! Which aaaaaalmost makes it.

"Throw the other three," Khannie gently suggests since their new friend seems a bit unsure of herself. "Once everyone has thrown all four bags then we can start the next round. Whoever gets to twenty one points first wins so who knows who might win?"

A beat.

"Definitely going to be me, though. I'm pretty great at throwing."
    Gnome, Goblin, Gorgon, Ghastly

Cheasadh smiles as Khannie boasts. "Says you. My grandmother was a throwing champion." Cheasadh's lying; she never knew either of her biological grandparents. Unless she's telling the truth about one of Brinika's biological grandmothers, anyway.

Brinika notices that the new girl seems uncomfortable about her snakes drawing attention. Maybe it's best not to bring them up again. She's also reasonably sure neither of her grandmothers was a throwing champion. Cheasadh could be talking about her old family here, but Brinika is pretty sure she's just boasting.

"Yeah, the game's not over yet. Throw the other three bags and then we'll see what happens."
    [Goblin Gnome Gorgon 'Gengar']

Natharia nods. She throws the next more confidently. It lands on the board! Encouraged, she tosses the next, which missed similarly to the first. The girl bites her tongue and throws the last. Oh! That was close to going in! "This is pretty tough." She observes.
    Last edited by Gullara; 2020-10-21 at 10:01 AM.