Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Results 31 to 60 of 187
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Titan in the Playground
     
    3SecondCultist's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    UK
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: DrK Way of Wicked Take 2 OOC

    Posted at long last! Sorry for the wait, my week was busier than I anticipated it being.

    DM, even though I posted after the two frontliners, would Raging Song be able to apply to their actions as well retroactively? I ask because of the nature of PbP and differing schedules, my buffs might not get a chance to maximize their effectiveness.
    Spoiler: My Profile
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeno Desaqqara View Post
    You divine bastard.
    Currently Running:
    - Tales of Neutral Ground

    Winner of Total War: Rise of Kingdoms (Ironfang Republic)

    Loser of Total War: The Final Hanrui (Elda Hafnar)


    "The philosophers have only interpreted the world in various ways; the point is to change it."

  2. - Top - End - #32
    Titan in the Playground
     
    DrK's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    UK
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: DrK Way of Wicked Take 2 OOC

    Quote Originally Posted by 3SecondCultist View Post
    Posted at long last! Sorry for the wait, my week was busier than I anticipated it being.

    DM, even though I posted after the two frontliners, would Raging Song be able to apply to their actions as well retroactively? I ask because of the nature of PbP and differing schedules, my buffs might not get a chance to maximize their effectiveness.
    Yes, its how I normally look at things on PbP. I just summarise a logical order of things, unless we've all rolled init and there are some players before/after the bad guys so there is PC group 1 and PC group 2 in the Init order

    THough I'm right in thinking it doesn't stack with Orghash's rage? But he can use your song to activate his bloodrage and not have it come from his daily rage rounds?
    Last edited by DrK; 2020-10-09 at 03:41 PM.
    Thanks to Emperor Ing for the nice Avatar

  3. - Top - End - #33
    Titan in the Playground
     
    3SecondCultist's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    UK
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: DrK Way of Wicked Take 2 OOC

    Quote Originally Posted by DrK View Post
    Yes, its how I normally look at things on PbP. I just summarise a logical order of things, unless we've all rolled init and there are some players before/after the bad guys so there is PC group 1 and PC group 2 in the Init order

    THough I'm right in thinking it doesn't stack with Orghash's rage? But he can use your song to activate his bloodrage and not have it come from his daily rage rounds?
    Wonderful, that does put my mind at ease.

    And you're right, it doesn't stack with Oghash's rage, but it would save her rage rounds since she can choose to take her own bonuses and penalties. Right now it isn't a huge deal, but starting at 3rd level Adrius is going to start handing out rage powers, which will mean in effect that Oghash will have her choice of two sets of powers every combat (and if she would rather start with Adrius' abilities and then start a bloodrage as normal, there is no penalty for that).

    Skalds and Bloodragers are basically perfect for each other!
    Spoiler: My Profile
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeno Desaqqara View Post
    You divine bastard.
    Currently Running:
    - Tales of Neutral Ground

    Winner of Total War: Rise of Kingdoms (Ironfang Republic)

    Loser of Total War: The Final Hanrui (Elda Hafnar)


    "The philosophers have only interpreted the world in various ways; the point is to change it."

  4. - Top - End - #34
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Devil

    Join Date
    May 2018
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: DrK Way of Wicked Take 2 OOC

    Quote Originally Posted by DrK View Post
    Yes, its how I normally look at things on PbP. I just summarise a logical order of things, unless we've all rolled init and there are some players before/after the bad guys so there is PC group 1 and PC group 2 in the Init order

    THough I'm right in thinking it doesn't stack with Orghash's rage? But he can use your song to activate his bloodrage and not have it come from his daily rage rounds?
    Quote Originally Posted by 3SecondCultist View Post
    Wonderful, that does put my mind at ease.

    And you're right, it doesn't stack with Oghash's rage, but it would save her rage rounds since she can choose to take her own bonuses and penalties. Right now it isn't a huge deal, but starting at 3rd level Adrius is going to start handing out rage powers, which will mean in effect that Oghash will have her choice of two sets of powers every combat (and if she would rather start with Adrius' abilities and then start a bloodrage as normal, there is no penalty for that).

    Skalds and Bloodragers are basically perfect for each other!
    If this is the case, I do not believe I lose access to any of my abilities in accepting said raging song, so I will do so. It will add +1 to attack and damage for me, if I am not mistaken (making my attack roll 23 and my damage roll 18), though can't recall if it dips my AC any lower, though that is not really a thing I super care about at the moment.

    Two wrongs don't make a right, but three lefts do.

    He who laughs last doesn't get the joke.

    Spoiler: Stuff I Wrote
    Show
    Elite Races

    Goliaths [Part One, Part Two]
    Axiomite
    Nephilim

  5. - Top - End - #35
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    NecromancerGuy

    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    USA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: DrK Way of Wicked Take 2 OOC

    I will make a minor edit to my last post when I post IC shortly. Since the Bloodline doesn't activate if I use the rounds from Adrius' song but she does get the statistical bonuses I think I will use that for now.

  6. - Top - End - #36
    Titan in the Playground
     
    DrK's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    UK
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: DrK Way of Wicked Take 2 OOC

    Quote Originally Posted by Bansheexero View Post
    If this is the case, I do not believe I lose access to any of my abilities in accepting said raging song, so I will do so. It will add +1 to attack and damage for me, if I am not mistaken (making my attack roll 23 and my damage roll 18), though can't recall if it dips my AC any lower, though that is not really a thing I super care about at the moment.
    I would agree. The blazing challenge doesn't seem like a "concentration based" thing. Maybe Sarris would just get a little more choppy on his challenges when he has the theme music playing

    I'll wait for anyone else to post the next round then can update tomorrow
    Thanks to Emperor Ing for the nice Avatar

  7. - Top - End - #37
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Devil

    Join Date
    May 2018
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: DrK Way of Wicked Take 2 OOC

    Hopefully some others will post soon. Hate for it to die this early.

    Two wrongs don't make a right, but three lefts do.

    He who laughs last doesn't get the joke.

    Spoiler: Stuff I Wrote
    Show
    Elite Races

    Goliaths [Part One, Part Two]
    Axiomite
    Nephilim

  8. - Top - End - #38
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    NecromancerGuy

    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    USA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: DrK Way of Wicked Take 2 OOC

    I'm still here. My dice didn't cooperate on round 2, but I'm still here.

  9. - Top - End - #39
    Titan in the Playground
     
    ClericGuy

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: DrK Way of Wicked Take 2 OOC

    My bad - I’ve had some time management issues!
    Life is ... life. As always bot/cut as necessary.
    DM: "Why do you have so many characters?"
    Me: "Because I never embraced the strategic value of running away."


    Fare thee well, N_R ... you will missed!y

  10. - Top - End - #40
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Devil

    Join Date
    May 2018
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: DrK Way of Wicked Take 2 OOC

    So, umm, ow. I am at 3 HP and grappled. feels weird asking evil characters for help, but well, yeah, that.
    Last edited by Bansheexero; 2020-10-16 at 09:05 PM.

    Two wrongs don't make a right, but three lefts do.

    He who laughs last doesn't get the joke.

    Spoiler: Stuff I Wrote
    Show
    Elite Races

    Goliaths [Part One, Part Two]
    Axiomite
    Nephilim

  11. - Top - End - #41
    Titan in the Playground
     
    ClericGuy

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: DrK Way of Wicked Take 2 OOC

    Oh, well ... there’s that. I could try and use colors spray ...
    @DrK - can Ahkmathi angle a color spray to catch the ‘bad’ guys and not hit the worse guys?
    Life is ... life. As always bot/cut as necessary.
    DM: "Why do you have so many characters?"
    Me: "Because I never embraced the strategic value of running away."


    Fare thee well, N_R ... you will missed!y

  12. - Top - End - #42
    Titan in the Playground
     
    3SecondCultist's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    UK
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: DrK Way of Wicked Take 2 OOC

    Ah shoot, I missed the bit about Sarris being grappled. I might have had Adrius help!

    It doesn't matter, since I rolled a nice natural 1 on my first go.
    Spoiler: My Profile
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeno Desaqqara View Post
    You divine bastard.
    Currently Running:
    - Tales of Neutral Ground

    Winner of Total War: Rise of Kingdoms (Ironfang Republic)

    Loser of Total War: The Final Hanrui (Elda Hafnar)


    "The philosophers have only interpreted the world in various ways; the point is to change it."

  13. - Top - End - #43
    Titan in the Playground
     
    DrK's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    UK
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: DrK Way of Wicked Take 2 OOC

    Quote Originally Posted by Bansheexero View Post
    So, umm, ow. I am at 3 HP and grappled. feels weird asking evil characters for help, but well, yeah, that.
    Even bad guys can have prison friends!

    Quote Originally Posted by Starbin View Post
    Oh, well ... there’s that. I could try and use colors spray ...
    @DrK - can Ahkmathi angle a color spray to catch the ‘bad’ guys and not hit the worse guys?
    You can the were crocodile, you managed to kill the "more injured" crocodile with the magic missile
    Thanks to Emperor Ing for the nice Avatar

  14. - Top - End - #44
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Devil

    Join Date
    May 2018
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: DrK Way of Wicked Take 2 OOC

    If I can kill the croc, my challenge will make it much easier for me to pierce the werecroc's DR. With power attack, if I can chain my challenge will let me do 1d10+16 damage, so I'd be dealing a minimum of 7 damage per hit. Of course, my AC is really, really low, so I would need either distractions or tons of healing.

    Edit - Hurray, I killed that croc, will chain into the werecroc, but could use some serious healing if anybody has it. I'd like to get more than one hit in on it.
    Last edited by Bansheexero; 2020-10-17 at 12:20 PM.

    Two wrongs don't make a right, but three lefts do.

    He who laughs last doesn't get the joke.

    Spoiler: Stuff I Wrote
    Show
    Elite Races

    Goliaths [Part One, Part Two]
    Axiomite
    Nephilim

  15. - Top - End - #45
    Titan in the Playground
     
    DrK's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    UK
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: DrK Way of Wicked Take 2 OOC

    Quote Originally Posted by Bansheexero View Post
    If I can kill the croc, my challenge will make it much easier for me to pierce the werecroc's DR. With power attack, if I can chain my challenge will let me do 1d10+16 damage, so I'd be dealing a minimum of 7 damage per hit. Of course, my AC is really, really low, so I would need either distractions or tons of healing.

    Edit - Hurray, I killed that croc, will chain into the werecroc, but could use some serious healing if anybody has it. I'd like to get more than one hit in on it.
    I have assumed that in the order of things Sarris got the Crocodile to trigger the Glorious challeng and transferred the magic nissile to the were-beast


    Also my coding fail....

    vs Adrius Claw (1d20+8)[14] dam (1d4+8)[10]
    vs Grumble Claw (1d20+8)[20] dam (1d4+8)[9]
    vs Sarris Tail (1d20+3)[6] dam (1d12+4)[10]
    Thanks to Emperor Ing for the nice Avatar

  16. - Top - End - #46
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Devil

    Join Date
    May 2018
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: DrK Way of Wicked Take 2 OOC

    Considering my AC is currently 10 thanks to raging song and 2 stacks of Glorious Challenge, it is actually impressive and fortunate that the werecroc missed, since it would have knocked me below zero had it hit.

    Two wrongs don't make a right, but three lefts do.

    He who laughs last doesn't get the joke.

    Spoiler: Stuff I Wrote
    Show
    Elite Races

    Goliaths [Part One, Part Two]
    Axiomite
    Nephilim

  17. - Top - End - #47
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Devil

    Join Date
    May 2018
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: DrK Way of Wicked Take 2 OOC

    Damn, I think I may have missed.

    Two wrongs don't make a right, but three lefts do.

    He who laughs last doesn't get the joke.

    Spoiler: Stuff I Wrote
    Show
    Elite Races

    Goliaths [Part One, Part Two]
    Axiomite
    Nephilim

  18. - Top - End - #48
    Titan in the Playground
     
    3SecondCultist's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    UK
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: DrK Way of Wicked Take 2 OOC

    Well, if Sarris missed I am hoping that Adrius can prevent a full attack against him. Post will be coming soon.
    Spoiler: My Profile
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeno Desaqqara View Post
    You divine bastard.
    Currently Running:
    - Tales of Neutral Ground

    Winner of Total War: Rise of Kingdoms (Ironfang Republic)

    Loser of Total War: The Final Hanrui (Elda Hafnar)


    "The philosophers have only interpreted the world in various ways; the point is to change it."

  19. - Top - End - #49
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Devil

    Join Date
    May 2018
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: DrK Way of Wicked Take 2 OOC

    If I get hit once to drop below zero, I'll burn my use of resolve, but a second hit will negate it and most likely kill Sarris.

    Two wrongs don't make a right, but three lefts do.

    He who laughs last doesn't get the joke.

    Spoiler: Stuff I Wrote
    Show
    Elite Races

    Goliaths [Part One, Part Two]
    Axiomite
    Nephilim

  20. - Top - End - #50
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    NecromancerGuy

    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    USA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: DrK Way of Wicked Take 2 OOC

    @DRK - do you need anything from the PCs to move to the next round of combat? I am excited about getting to play Oghash and hoping to keep going!

  21. - Top - End - #51
    Titan in the Playground
     
    DrK's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    UK
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: DrK Way of Wicked Take 2 OOC

    Quote Originally Posted by DarkOne7141981 View Post
    @DRK - do you need anything from the PCs to move to the next round of combat? I am excited about getting to play Oghash and hoping to keep going!
    POsting this evening. Just had an intense few days with work. Sadly a lot of zoom meetings with US colleagues which are evening/night time for me so its been some longs days and I just run out of steam.
    Thanks to Emperor Ing for the nice Avatar

  22. - Top - End - #52
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    NecromancerGuy

    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    USA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: DrK Way of Wicked Take 2 OOC

    I totally understand - I've lived overseas and pretty much hate teleconferences. You have my sympathy!

    TGIF!

  23. - Top - End - #53
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Devil

    Join Date
    May 2018
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: DrK Way of Wicked Take 2 OOC

    Not sure if eating the werecroc counts as cannibalism or not. Sarris will avoid it for health reasons, though I think prions only live in the brain, which won't be eaten anyway. Still, don't want to risk getting Kuru, a form of spongiform encephalopathy (literally turns your brain into a sponge with thousands of tiny holes). Croc meat on the other hand smells like fried chicken when cooked, though sadly I missed my opportunity to try it (in the Florida Everglades they sell it). Supposedly it is rather sweet tasting.

    Two wrongs don't make a right, but three lefts do.

    He who laughs last doesn't get the joke.

    Spoiler: Stuff I Wrote
    Show
    Elite Races

    Goliaths [Part One, Part Two]
    Axiomite
    Nephilim

  24. - Top - End - #54
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    NecromancerGuy

    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    USA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: DrK Way of Wicked Take 2 OOC

    I’ve had alligator tail. It’s tasty!

  25. - Top - End - #55
    Titan in the Playground
     
    ClericGuy

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: DrK Way of Wicked Take 2 OOC

    Yup, dat dere gater tail be good eats ... ‘specially blackened!
    Life is ... life. As always bot/cut as necessary.
    DM: "Why do you have so many characters?"
    Me: "Because I never embraced the strategic value of running away."


    Fare thee well, N_R ... you will missed!y

  26. - Top - End - #56
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Devil

    Join Date
    May 2018
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: DrK Way of Wicked Take 2 OOC

    Who has the healing potions, I am at 3 HP

    Two wrongs don't make a right, but three lefts do.

    He who laughs last doesn't get the joke.

    Spoiler: Stuff I Wrote
    Show
    Elite Races

    Goliaths [Part One, Part Two]
    Axiomite
    Nephilim

  27. - Top - End - #57
    Ettin in the Playground
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Canada, Pacific Time
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: DrK Way of Wicked Take 2 OOC

    Sorry, busy weekend. Salem can heal people who need it. Will post IC when able.

  28. - Top - End - #58
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    NecromancerGuy

    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    USA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: DrK Way of Wicked Take 2 OOC

    @Starbin - let's save the potion for when we need it and don't have other options. In the meanwhile, I think spellcasting-healing makes more sense and invites fun roleplaying.

    This assumes that @Athaleon agrees.

  29. - Top - End - #59
    Titan in the Playground
     
    ClericGuy

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: DrK Way of Wicked Take 2 OOC

    No worries … we can hold off.

    And phat loot, woot!
    Life is ... life. As always bot/cut as necessary.
    DM: "Why do you have so many characters?"
    Me: "Because I never embraced the strategic value of running away."


    Fare thee well, N_R ... you will missed!y

  30. - Top - End - #60
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Devil

    Join Date
    May 2018
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: DrK Way of Wicked Take 2 OOC

    Well, at least 7 HP is better than 3 HP. Unless somebody has a better claim, I'd like to take the Mithral Chainmail for Sarris. His AC can take a considerable hit when chaining challenges (Toughness is on the agenda, but may go with Furious Focus first to counteract Power Attack a bit), but early one, I'll take what I can get. Two main things he will aim for are HP and mobility. The Mithral Chainmail helps with the latter. Is it +1 Mithral Chainmail, or did I misinterpret the spoiler tag?

    Two wrongs don't make a right, but three lefts do.

    He who laughs last doesn't get the joke.

    Spoiler: Stuff I Wrote
    Show
    Elite Races

    Goliaths [Part One, Part Two]
    Axiomite
    Nephilim

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •