New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Firbolg in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Default Re: DrK Way of Wicked Take 2 OOC

Sorry for the double-post. HPs for Oghash - (1d10)[3] 5 (average, rounded down) plus Constitution and other bonuses. Total of ten (10) additional HPs at all times, and an additional +3 HPs when bloodraging.

Oghash gains "Blood Sanctuary (+2 vs friendly spell effects)" from being a Bloodrager, and "Touch of Rage (Sp): Standard Action, touch a creature to give morale bonus on attack, rolls, and Will saving throws. (+1/2 character level (1 at this level) for 1 round, 4/day)."

She will be taking ranks in the following adventure skills: Acrobatics, Climb, Perception, Sense Motive, Stealth, and Swim.
    Background skills - Linguistics (Infernal) and Appraise. I intend to have her learn Infernal to highlight her commitment to joining the Asmodean church.

Are there any treasures gained from our trip into the dungeon beyond Sir Balin's gear? Did I miss anything? It's been a while and I could easily have missed something noteworthy...

2. - Top - End - #212
    Ogre in the Playground

Devil

Going along with the Westernized theme, taking Bastard Sword for Weapon Expertise. Doesn't mean much at the moment outside of Quick Draw, main pull will be for Weapon Specialization later. Also taking Celestial with my Background Skill (Linguistics). My feat is Furious Focus, which should allow for some free oomph for a bit. Not sure how much of an update you need, but sheet should be done.

Two wrongs don't make a right, but three lefts do.

He who laughs last doesn't get the joke.

Spoiler: Stuff I Wrote
    Show
    Elite Races

Goliaths [Part One, Part Two]
    Axiomite
    Nephilim

3. - Top - End - #213
    Titan in the Playground

So... before you board the ship. Feel free to access 1000gp worth of stuff frmo the Cardinal's stash. To "buy" yourself some equipment - ignore training time or writing time if you are getting spells, you've had 6 weeks of training

THen ask him any questions and make skill checks
    Thanks to Emperor Ing for the nice Avatar

4. - Top - End - #214
    Titan in the Playground

@DarkOne: I am leaning strongly towards "fear nothing" for Stvari. It will fit with his stoic (if a hair incorrigible) demeanor. Just for the sake of variety and distinction, I would encourage you elsewhere. Perhaps charm or illusion could serve as a more immediate "weakness" for Adrastus to want to shore up.

5. - Top - End - #215
    Titan in the Playground

ClericGuy

HPs - (1d6)[1] or 3

For items, looking at buying four 2nd level scrolls (to transfer), making some scrolls to carry (~seven 1st level and four 2nd level) to carry, and two spring loaded wrist sheaths (if I can use them with a scroll)
    Life is ... life. As always bot/cut as necessary.
    DM: "Why do you have so many characters?"
    Me: "Because I never embraced the strategic value of running away."

Fare thee well, N_R ... you will missed!y

6. - Top - End - #216
    Ettin in the Playground

Level 3 bonuses for Salem:

+(1d8+1)[7] HP
    +1 1st-level spell prepared
    +1 BAB
    +1 Reflex
    Warpriest Bonus Feat: Deadly Aim
    Level 3 Feat: Fiendish Obedience

Increase Knowledge (Religion), Perception, Profession (Soldier), Sense Motive, Sleight of Hand, Stealth, & Survival by 1 rank each. Gained 1 rank in Spellcraft so that it is now trained.

Bonus Campaign Trait: “Strike first, strike ruthlessly and thus be victorious” seems most in line with his martial ethos, and a good mechanical bonus to boot.

Gear:

500g: Masterwork Composite (1) Longbow
    250g: Masterwork Chain Shirt

If possible, can we pool our "extra" gold for a Wand of Cure Light Wounds?

7. - Top - End - #217
    Titan in the Playground

ClericGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Starbin View Post
    [roll0] or 3

For items, looking at buying four 2nd level scrolls (to add), making some scrolls to carry (three 1st level and two 2nd level) to carry, and two spring loaded wrist sheaths (if I can use them with a scroll)
    I’m down with a community CLW wand. I’ll throw 200 in. Changes to purchases above

8. - Top - End - #218

NecromancerGuy

Strongly support a CLW wand. Maybe two. Oghash will pay her fair share.

9. - Top - End - #219
    Ogre in the Playground

Devil

Contemplating if I want to improve armor yet or get a decent assortment of potions.
    Last edited by Bansheexero; 2021-06-10 at 12:44 PM.

Show
    Elite Races

Axiomite
    Nephilim

10. - Top - End - #220

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by DrK View Post
    Feel free to access 1000gp worth of stuff from the Cardinal's stash. To "buy" yourself some equipment...
    I will take some time to look at this. Gut reaction is 200 GP to help with the wand of CLW and then see what else makes sense. I will post more details when I can.

Quote Originally Posted by Farmerbink View Post
    @DarkOne: I am leaning strongly towards "fear nothing" for Stvari. It will fit with his stoic (if a hair incorrigible) demeanor. Just for the sake of variety and distinction, I would encourage you elsewhere. Perhaps charm or illusion could serve as a more immediate "weakness" for Adrastus to want to shore up.
    I'll go with charm-prevention, I think. Part of me really likes the idea of more damage, but that's probably overkill...

11. - Top - End - #221
    Titan in the Playground

So... before you board the ship. Feel free to access 1000gp worth of stuff frmo the Cardinal's stash. To "buy" yourself some equipment -
    I'll need some time on this one also. I'm honestly not even sure what gear a monk would need; the only item I know is more expensive than that.

12. - Top - End - #222
    Titan in the Playground

ClericGuy

I can think of a few things ... potions could help, boots of the cat are awesome for falls early on, and if you but a wand of mage armor, Ahkmathi will cast it on you

13. - Top - End - #223
    Ogre in the Playground

Devil

Really not sure what to do with my gold, no real point until I can either afford some form of mithral armor or a magic weapon, so wondering if I can bank maybe 500 and donate 500 to the group for the CLW wand.

Show
    Elite Races

Axiomite
    Nephilim

14. - Top - End - #224
    Titan in the Playground

You can certainly ask for 500gp in cash / gems if you want as ready cash. Thats not a problem. I'll start moving things along as you guys can sort out pirchases here or in the discord in the background.

15. - Top - End - #225
    Titan in the Playground

It's lame, but I've settled on a cloak of resistance +1. Kinda bummed that the only decent item I can afford further loads a strength, but it's hard to be too upset about solidly high saves in all categories, with a whole laundry list of situational bonuses to lay on top. :-)

Unrelated, I'm good to move on to the next day(s)

16. - Top - End - #226
    Ettin in the Playground

I may have to change Salem's purchases a bit, depending on the cost of the ruby dagger (or at least a metal one with ruby fragments in the edge) needed for Asmodeus' Fiendish Obedience. IC post coming soon, not as long as I'd like but best to keep things moving.

17. - Top - End - #227

NecromancerGuy

A single wand of Cure Light Wounds, caster level 1, costs 750 GP. As noted below we have at least 1,100 GP worth offered up by the party members.

Quote Originally Posted by Athaleon View Post
    Spoiler: Gear
    Show
    500g: Masterwork Composite (1) Longbow
    250g: Masterwork Chain Shirt

If possible, can we pool our "extra" gold for a Wand of Cure Light Wounds?
    Salem will have 50 GP left after buying gear and putting 200 GP in for the CLW Wand.

I’m down with a community CLW wand. I’ll throw 200 in. Changes to purchases above
    Quote Originally Posted by Bansheexero View Post
    Really not sure what to do with my gold, no real point until I can either afford some form of mithral armor or a magic weapon, so wondering if I can bank maybe 500 and donate 500 to the group for the CLW wand.
    Oghash will put in 200 GP.

Given all this, do we want to buy some potions instead? In case those capable of using the wand are unconscious and need resuscitating? I recommend we do something like one wand of CLW (750 GP), and then seven potions of CLW (50 GP each, divide them up amongst the party for in-combat triage and keep a couple on hand to heal unconscious healers). How does this sound?

You can certainly ask for 500gp in cash / gems if you want as ready cash. That's not a problem. I'll start moving things along as you guys can sort out purchases here or in the discord in the background.
    Can we spend 500 GP and then take that much in cash too?

I'm leaning towards having Oghash spend 200 GP on healing (wand or potions or both), and a Ioun Torch (75 GP). This would leave 500 GP in cash and only "waste" 225 GP. Anyone else have any good ideas for the rager?

18. - Top - End - #228
    Titan in the Playground

ClericGuy

Potions and wand make sense to me. Ahk would carry 2. As for rager items, all the primo ones are more expensive. I always like simple items like Boots of the Cat which give you some flavor mechanics like leaping out of a building and taking min damage - Supervillain landing! Or if you intend to grapple, armbands of the brawler for a +1.

There’s always consumables that might be worth it for Oghash, too. Weapon blanch, alchemist fire, acid flasks, or even elixirs of swimming.

19. - Top - End - #229
    Titan in the Playground

@DarkOne

Yup you can request the cash if you want, that’s not a problem. The cardinal understands cash for bribes and contingency can be useful

20. - Top - End - #230

NecromancerGuy

There’s always consumables that might be worth it for Oghash, too. Weapon blanch, alchemist fire, acid flasks, or even elixirs of swimming.
    I like the idea of an Elixir of Swimming, given we're on a boat. I'll get one of them and one less potion.

So, Oghash is spending her 1,000 GP as follows - 475 GP in cash, one Elixir of Swimming (250 GP), 200 GP to the healing fund (keeping on potion of CLW for herself), and one Ioun Torch (75 GP), subject to DM final approval.

Regarding the approaching boat, I think we have two conflicting concerns - the immediate desire to avoid issues on the way to our errand and giving away our powers to the captain, since we intend to kill him too.

Do we open up hard, possibly throwing magical artillery to try and start a fire or something on the enemy boat, or do we plan to ambush them with extreme, melee violence once the Mitrans board the longboat?

21. - Top - End - #231
    Titan in the Playground

ClericGuy

Always the question. I think we need to deal with the boat eventually - it’s faster than us, so can either chase us down or go warn folks - both of which are back. We need to sucker them in and take them. If we we had a good bluffer, I’d say we play it cool and fun our way out of it ... but with one or two of y’all sneaking onto the ship to light a fire or put a hole in the hull. I suppose an enlarged, swimming Oghash could do that from the outside too.

Funny thing is that even if we show our abilities, we can still fake these guys out ... for example, right before we attack, we switch disguises and they send their mage killers after the OG killer herself. Or we all turn into the same figure. Or turn into sailors. Those curlers can be really effective if we think it through.

My vote is to let them close ... ideally get them w/in axe range, then figure a way to sink their ship and kill their troops (w/as little risk to us as possible). I’ll leave the actual maritime tactics to someone who knows better than I.

22. - Top - End - #232
    Titan in the Playground

@Darkone
    The sea is relatively calm out here with a steady current its a base DC15 to splash about effectively

@Starbin
    Some people do trade with the Yutak people of Seal island (although not that many)

23. - Top - End - #233
    Titan in the Playground

ClericGuy

So if we were in agreement to let them get spose, Ahkmathi was going to cast a silent image to effectively cloak our group (and living space) from the boarders ... and perhaps some of the crew, to look undersized/undermanned.

Perhaps during that time we could enlarge our rager and let her slip over the side and swim over during the inspection. If that’s what the party wants to do ...

24. - Top - End - #234
    Titan in the Playground

So if we were in agreement to let them get spose, Ahkmathi was going to cast a silent image to effectively cloak our group (and living space) from the boarders ... and perhaps some of the crew, to look undersized/undermanned.

Perhaps during that time we could enlarge our rager and let her slip over the side and swim over during the inspection. If that’s what the party wants to do ...
    I love this idea and approve wholeheartedly. Assuming we're holding to the idea that Oghash isn't actively looking for an opportunity to backstab Stvari, the Dwarf would gladly volunteer to join her. He's got a +8 swim mod, so it's a fairly safe bet he can get there. ((I'm assuming before combat taking 10 is allowable?))

25. - Top - End - #235

NecromancerGuy

She's looking for Stvari to betray them - at which point she would attack with gross violence. However, she won't make the first move. You're safe, bro!

Also, I am game for this plan, given the DC 15 Swim check.

26. - Top - End - #236

NecromancerGuy

Is Oghash enlarged? Or did we skip that? I'm fine either way, though not sure how that will influence climbing out of the water...

27. - Top - End - #237
    Titan in the Playground

I’m okay if she was enlarged retrospectively

28. - Top - End - #238
    Titan in the Playground

I didn't consider the likeliness of needing another stealth:
    (1d20+8)[20]

Also, It seems to me that (assuming successful stealth), Stvari and Oghash would be starting the fight? Seems to me we would have worked out a clear sign ahead of time, but worst case scenario, when the screaming starts the folks on our boat will figure it out, eh?

29. - Top - End - #239
    Titan in the Playground

ClericGuy

I’ll let Dark One make the call being enlarged ... it’ll last 3 min.

@FB - Agreed that a prearranged signal to start the festivities is in order - whether a war cry or death scream doesn’t matter to me

@DrK - I thought the plan was for our team to stay behind a silent image veil ... so as not to show our hand at disguises just yet and hide the strength of our combined crew.

30. - Top - End - #240

NecromancerGuy

I’ll let Dark One make the call being enlarged ... it’ll last 3 min.

@FB - Agreed that a prearranged signal to start the festivities is in order - whether a war cry or death scream doesn’t matter to me
    I will take the Enlarge Person spell. Estimate that maybe 2 minutes are left?

Cue incoming!