Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Results 121 to 150 of 231
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Ettin in the Playground
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Canada, Pacific Time
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: DrK Way of Wicked Take 2 IC

    Salem watched the servants with ill-disguised suspicion. "A warm welcome for sure. We were already grateful to the master of the house..." He trailed off without finishing the thought out loud.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Sense Motive: (1d20+7)[23]
    Last edited by Athaleon; 2021-01-09 at 03:01 AM.

  2. - Top - End - #122
    Titan in the Playground
     
    DrK's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    UK
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: DrK Way of Wicked Take 2 IC

    Quote Originally Posted by DarkOne7141981 View Post
    Oghash waits until Tiadora finishes giving her orders before speaking. "We bring gifts for the master - more slaves. They aren't broken yet, but they are fresh," she says, her stance confident as her eyes remain downcast. "Grumblejack did help during the escape and trip. He wants to be more powerful...I think the word is 'ambitious.' He can learn." The last bit is said as a gentle challenge but with deference to the woman who so obviously has power in this situation.
    ---
    When ushered into the lavish room with luxuries beyond any Oghash has experienced she suddenly looks uncomfortable and (maybe) self-conscious. It takes gentle but firm guidance from the slaves to help her get presentable for the Master, during which time she acts much like a wild animal that has never bathed or had nice things before. In the end she knows better than to damage anything owned by the Master - including the slaves - but is definitely not quiet or cooperative in the process.

    She does enjoy the good food and water, especially after their trek through the swamp. "What is this meat?" she asks the slaves attending her, intent upon their answer as she continues to eat ever last bite of the meal.
    At Oghahs's comments Tiadora laughs a chilling laugh that seems tinged with pure evil. "Ambition eh? Well... the master had no asked for you. So we can view you a bonus can we, and a useful one if these ones are to be believed. Very well then dearest Grumblejack" she hisses with clear contempt, "You can bed down in the stables. I shall speak with the Master as to your disposition after that." She gestures at a servant who with a blank stare waits patiently and then leads Grumblejack away. Before he goes he pats Oghash on the shoulder, his heavy paws almost driving her to her knees and leans in close, breath foul and hot on her face, a whispered "Grumble not like lady. Oghash and Grumble eat her flesh one day when she not watch." Happy the massive ogre shuffles away, knuckles trailing on the paving stones.

    --

    In the room the servant barely seems to respond to anythig. At the question the servant just mutely shrugs, then maybe 10 seconds later slowly mumbles "Lamb good mistress."

    Quote Originally Posted by Starbin View Post
    Ahkmathi Sek, Elven Conjurist

    Upon meeting Tiadora, Ahkmathi inclined his head in acknowledgement, keeping his hands folded within his robes. He felt something rang false about the woman, but could not yet penetrate the illusion. The confident way she mocked the ogre, as well as the abject lack of concern or fear regarding the newcomers, spoke of a hidden power within. He nodded in slight agreement to Oghash’s comments, but his own response was more pointed. ”The message relayed to us said your master sought individuals possessed of power and evil conniving. I assure you, our assembled group have both those qualities and more in abundance. If you feel your master’s hospitality is insufficient to provide our companion with a suitable living space, perhaps we can all avoid any embarrassment by sharing our collective quarters a with him.”

    It was a gamble, but Ahkmathi was in no mood for games this early. Of course, the wizard was certai. That this was as much a test as was their escape and journey. He would consider everything from the moment they escaped their cells as part of an ongoing interview and continued testing. It would require razor focus and attention to detail, but what else could you expect from this hidden canal on an island full of dedicated faithful of that simpering fool of a god, Mitra?

    When the slaves arrived, Ahkmathi gazed at them all, wondering what secrets they held ... and whether it was fear, love, or sorcery that commanded their obedience.
    Tiadora smiles, "Overly dramatic magister. I do not think you would find the stable comfortable. If you say he has use, we will believe you. The Master always has need of expendable tools and is not one to waste a resource that arrives at his house. It will be for the Ogre to survive or not on his own skills. The strong thrive, the weak...." there is a dangerous pause, "Do not."

    As he surveys her he becomes more and more convinced that the mask she wears is an illusion, and that form may not be her true one although he cannot discern more than that. Looking at the slaves with their blank features and slow movements he can see all are under powerful enchantments to make them compliant if a little dull.

    Quote Originally Posted by Bansheexero View Post
    Sarris eyes their hostess skeptically, keeping his hand near his sword. "Such a warm welcome, all for us? I'm flattered. Why all this fanfare? It seems like a lot to invest in a rabble like us. Don't get me wrong, we're good, very good, but how is your master familiar with us? He is certainly showing a lot of faith in something he has yet to test out himself."
    She laughts out at loud at Sarris' questions. "Patience dear one," she says leaning in, a heavy rich floral musk pervading the air around her causing his pulse to race. She brushes his check with a long finger that feels far too cold and the nail sharper than it appears. She taps it on his lips, "Shh now. Be clean, drink and eat and then come and I shall introduce you to the Master. He can explain all, and he will say of his insterest in you."

    Quote Originally Posted by Athaleon View Post
    Salem watched the servants with ill-disguised suspicion. "A warm welcome for sure. We were already grateful to the master of the house..." He trailed off without finishing the thought out loud.
    Like the others the warpriest can see that the servants are enchanted, minds dulled into little more than walking pieces of furniture, as for her... SHe is not what she seems, but what she is is concealed even from his sharp eyes and cunning ears. One thing he does realise is that the mocking attitude is real, and she must be sure she can kill them if they give her trouble.

    --------

    After you are all bathed and offered clean and neat clothes suitable for a country manor the servants glide back into your rooms and gesture to the doors. Each murmuring and faint "The Master would see you." before trudging down the corridors. you are led down the massive curved stairs back into the grand hall and then through a double door into a comfortable looking drawing room. Books stacked high on the shelves that dominate the walls looking over the pair of sofas. For the sharp eyed and literate the titles of the them surpirse you and make you sure that this is no trap. "THe Treatise of Hell and the Abyss", one with a cover of human skin "The 122 charted layers of the Abyss" and one that Salem recognises "The 9 Knots of Asmodeous" are all books that would see a person in Brandescar burning for heresy. Before you cna tarry longer you are led into another office beyond which is a beautifully appointed office, richly decorated with dark wood and sumptuous brocade tapestry. Sitting in a leather high-backed chair is a devilishly handsome fellow who smiles as you enter. His dark clothing and symbols of the Dark Prince giving no doubt as to what his affiliation is!


    "I believe you to be the first to ever escape from Branderscar Prison. Well done! Of course, you had help from the outside..." he says with a wicked smile.

    "But enough with the pleasantries. You must be curious why I've helped you. Rest assured, this is no random act of altruism. I have brought you here for a reason. My name is Cardinal Adrastus Thorn. I am the last high priest of Asmodeus left on the island of Talingarde. Once the Prince of Nessus was rightly revered alongside the other great powers under the Barcan kings. Now... now, the king of Talingarde has become little more than a puppet to Mitran fanatics who wish to destroy any religion that does not bow to their insipid sun god, who wish to burn any who would dare to seek knowledge."

    "For their blasphemy, I will see the same people who imprisoned and condemned you suffer. I understand what you suffered in that blighted prison, for I too have faced it myself." With that he rolls up the long black sleeve of his robe to reveal his own runic 'F' brand. "I am going to burn Talingarde to the ground and from the ashes, I shall build a new nation that knows its rightful master, that reveres power and knowledge. But I cannot do this alone. I seek allies worthy of our Infernal Father's majesty. Have I found them in you?"

    He rises from the chair and his eyes flash with hellfire and divine purpose. "Join me! Serve me well in this holy endeavor and I will raise you up in the eyes of gods and men. I will make you princes of the new Talingarde. Today, swear fealty to me and to Asmodeus. Put aside forgiveness and I shall give you vengeance. Put aside mercy and gain knowledge and power beyond your wildest dreams. Put aside peace and become my harbingers of war. What say you? Will you swear your allegiance, or will you burn with the rest of the blind fools?"
    Thanks to Emperor Ing for the nice Avatar

  3. - Top - End - #123
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    NecromancerGuy

    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    USA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: DrK Way of Wicked Take 2 IC

    Quote Originally Posted by DrK View Post
    "Grumble not like lady. Oghash and Grumble eat her flesh one day when she not watch."
    Oghash's smile is feral and hungry in response to the ogre's offer of a shared meal. She doesn't say anything in response, but it is clear the two monsters have much in common in addition to their shared experiences since the prison.

    Quote Originally Posted by DrK View Post
    In the room the servant barely seems to respond to anythig. At the question the servant just mutely shrugs, then maybe 10 seconds later slowly mumbles "Lamb good mistress."
    Oghash waves her hands in front of the slave's eyes, trying to elicit a response. "If I bit off a finger or two, would you even notice?" she asks quietly, her tone curious and a bit fearful at the same time. The half-orc woman does nothing to risk her privileged position in the manor, but watches the slaves with obvious distrust from this point on...

    Upon entering the room with Cardinal Thorn Oghash immediately lowers her eyes to avoid looking at him. Her posture and expression become guarded, though not showing weakness - it reminds anyone watching of a dog or another animal that doesn't wish to show fear to a superior animal in the pack, but also doesn't wish to challenge them. It speaks volumes about her reaction - she knows he is powerful, dangerous, and on her side...at least for now.

    Quote Originally Posted by DrK View Post
    "I believe you to be the first to ever escape from Branderscar Prison.

    ...I understand what you suffered in that blighted prison, for I too have faced it myself."
    "We aren't the very first then..." she whispers, appreciatively, before continuing to listen to his speech.

    Quote Originally Posted by DrK View Post
    "Will you swear your allegiance, or will you burn with the rest of the blind fools?"
    "Great One, I don't understand much you say, but I hate the Mitrans and wish to eat their flesh! Help me feast and I will be your weapon."

  4. - Top - End - #124
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Devil

    Join Date
    May 2018
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: DrK Way of Wicked Take 2 IC

    "Coin and glory," Sarris interjects. "As long as there is sufficient coin and glory I'll help. Fortunately, from what you claim, you offer much of the latter, but what of the former? Taking down a government isn't cheap, and we've already been mucking our way through the swamp with our current attire."

    Two wrongs don't make a right, but three lefts do.

    He who laughs last doesn't get the joke.

    Spoiler: Stuff I Wrote
    Show
    Elite Races

    Goliaths [Part One, Part Two]
    Axiomite
    Nephilim

  5. - Top - End - #125
    Titan in the Playground
     
    ClericGuy

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: DrK Way of Wicked Take 2 IC

    Ahkmathi Sek, Elven Conjurist

    Ahkmathi nodded in response to Tiadora’s comments. It spoke volumes without giving away anything. He turned to follow the slaves once the conversation tapered off. In his room, he enjoyed any massage therapy available, soaking in the hot tub, and dressing in the long fur lined silk robes he found. When the slaves called for his presence, he only paused for a moment, then nodded and followed them.

    Upon being brought into the presence of the Cardinal, Ahkmathi enviously watched the poise and confidence the man possessed. He glanced at the others, all still wrapped in their own minds. The wizard, however, knew someone like Thorne did not extend invitations lightly ... so he bowed his head in acknowledgment and acceptance. Service under a great disciple like Asmodeus cool only gain them favor with the man and his god.

    Ahkmathi steeped forward, inclining his head to the Cardinal, and spoke with quiet conviction. ”If what you suggest is possible, Cardinal Thorn, then I, too, will serve.”

    OOC - Ahk’s in!
    Spoiler: Status
    Show
    Str 10 Dex 16 Con 12 Int 18 Wis 12 Cha 10
    AC 13 HP 16 Init +11 Move 30' / F +2 R +4 W +4
    Spells (4/2+1): detect magic, message, ghost sound, mage hand; enlarge person, silent image, color spray
    Skills: Arcana/Planes +12; Local/Religion/Nature/Dungeon/History +10; Geo/Eng/Nob +10; Spellcraft +9
    Teleport: 7/7
    Effect: low-light vision
    Life is ... life. As always bot/cut as necessary.
    DM: "Why do you have so many characters?"
    Me: "Because I never embraced the strategic value of running away."


    Fare thee well, N_R ... you will missed!y

  6. - Top - End - #126
    Titan in the Playground
     
    DrK's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    UK
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: DrK Way of Wicked Take 2 IC

    As both the eleven mage and the savage cannibal answer promptly he grins a cruel smile. Then regards Sarris, "I would have you as one of my knots. And as my favoured vassals you will be expected to be equipped with the best the Dark Prince can provide. When you unleash the Hells upon the land gold, glory, women can all be yours. More than any one man could need I would wager even for one such as you."

    Turning to the rest of you he nods and leans forward pulling out creamy thick sheets of vellum from a dark leather folder on his desk. Waving to Tiadora, he says, "It is simple enough to make it official. Just sign - it is tradition to do so in blood, as your comrade knows well." He nods towards Salem. From Mitra knows where in the white dress, Tiadora retrieves a quill, a silver ritual knife and offers it around to each of you.



    He looks up as you read the compacts, a nod to Ahkmathi, "Maybe aloud for your savage friend here..." as he nods to Oghash. "Even amongst those with similar ambitions, we must have order and rules. The compact will stop me slaying you for no reason and will ensure that there is no strife within my knot. You must function as one to be able to cast down the Eagle Knights, the Knights of Alerion and the hated Church of Mitra."

    "So, questions? Or does it meet your requirements?"
    Thanks to Emperor Ing for the nice Avatar

  7. - Top - End - #127
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    NecromancerGuy

    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    USA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: DrK Way of Wicked Take 2 IC

    Quote Originally Posted by DrK View Post
    "Maybe aloud for your savage friend here..."
    For the first time in Cardinal Thorn's presence Oghash shows some of her feral nature. "I can read just fine, Great One," she says with a subvocal growl of anger. "Give me a minute," she mutters as she settles down to read through the contract. It takes her several minutes to read it all, and anyone watching closely can tell that she is struggling a bit but too stubborn and proud to want help.

    "So...what happens if you order one of us to kill another? Or you betray Asmodeus?" she asks, looking at her companions with a mix of concern and a non-vocal plea for unity. "Tiadora's gift helped us escape, so we owe you our lives, but we have fought beside each other. Unless they betray me, I don't want to have to fight them just because you order it...and the loyalties are in order, so if you betray your oath what happens?" The savage seems to not realize the social faux pas she is committing, but appears genuinely curious. She isn't a lawyer, after all...

  8. - Top - End - #128
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Devil

    Join Date
    May 2018
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: DrK Way of Wicked Take 2 IC

    "Don't get me wrong, I am glad I have not been executed, but this contract's stipulations give you rather open-ended authority over us. If any of us were more familiar with Asmodeus in general, in other words the only authority that trumps yours, I might feel a bit more comfortable about this."

    Two wrongs don't make a right, but three lefts do.

    He who laughs last doesn't get the joke.

    Spoiler: Stuff I Wrote
    Show
    Elite Races

    Goliaths [Part One, Part Two]
    Axiomite
    Nephilim

  9. - Top - End - #129
    Titan in the Playground
     
    DrK's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    UK
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: DrK Way of Wicked Take 2 IC

    Quote Originally Posted by DarkOne7141981 View Post
    For the first time in Cardinal Thorn's presence Oghash shows some of her feral nature. "I can read just fine, Great One," she says with a subvocal growl of anger. "Give me a minute," she mutters as she settles down to read through the contract. It takes her several minutes to read it all, and anyone watching closely can tell that she is struggling a bit but too stubborn and proud to want help.

    "So...what happens if you order one of us to kill another? Or you betray Asmodeus?" she asks, looking at her companions with a mix of concern and a non-vocal plea for unity. "Tiadora's gift helped us escape, so we owe you our lives, but we have fought beside each other. Unless they betray me, I don't want to have to fight them just because you order it...and the loyalties are in order, so if you betray your oath what happens?" The savage seems to not realize the social faux pas she is committing, but appears genuinely curious. She isn't a lawyer, after all...
    Quote Originally Posted by Bansheexero View Post
    "Don't get me wrong, I am glad I have not been executed, but this contract's stipulations give you rather open-ended authority over us. If any of us were more familiar with Asmodeus in general, in other words the only authority that trumps yours, I might feel a bit more comfortable about this."
    The cardinal laughs a slow deep laugh as Oghash and Sarris challenge the contract. "Nothing can challenge me little savage. But if I waste my resources on petty things that do not glorify the Glory of our Dark Lord and increase his standing then I am guilty of the breaking the first compact and as you may say.... all bets are off"

    He nods to Sarris as well, "As you say, Master of the Laws of the Nine is useful. If you wish to study, there is the library out there. But I assure you there are no loop holes. But if you glory Asmodeus as I do then you will be raised up as Lords over the smoking wreckage of this land that we will rebuild into a glorious recreation of the 9th Layer."
    Last edited by DrK; 2021-01-12 at 11:45 AM.
    Thanks to Emperor Ing for the nice Avatar

  10. - Top - End - #130
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    NecromancerGuy

    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    USA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: DrK Way of Wicked Take 2 IC

    Oghash listens closely, but its clear she is out of her league both socially and mentally. "...Did he answer my questions?" she asks her companions quietly, recognizing that she trusts them (as much as anyone and certainly more than Cardinal Thorn). At their eventual nods and signs of agreement she turns back to the Asmodean.

    "Great One, you may call me Oghash, or in the common-tongue 'Fiend-claw,'" she begins, standing proudly and looking directly at Cardinal Thorn for the first time during their interview. There is an unspoken fire in her words, as if to say that she is not just a "little savage" and doesn't plan to be called that without challenge. She continues speaking, now projecting her voice with solemn and ritualistic weight. "I will be your hand and weapon against the Mitrans and all you wish to wage war against!" Then she deliberately takes her axe blade, draws it across her left palm, and after squeezing out enough blood places her open, bloody hand at the bottom of the contract solemnly. She holds it there long enough to ensure the hand print is clear and well defined before stepping to the side and looking expectantly at her comrades.

  11. - Top - End - #131
    Titan in the Playground
     
    ClericGuy

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: DrK Way of Wicked Take 2 IC

    Ahkmathi Sek, Elven Conjurist

    Ahkmathi read the compact carefully but quickly, letting the others pour over it for details. He was confident that he only requires the single read through to be prepared. He listens with no small amount of amusement as the others attempted to challenge Thorn while pretending not to. He sighed inwardly, then finally spoke.

    ”The contract is explanation enough. We pledge loyalty to Asmodeus, the Cardinal, each other and ourselves, in that order. If we break faith with any tenets, our protections under the contract are lost. If Cardinal Thorn breaks with any tenets, he loses authority over us and is fair game for whatever fate Asmodeus deems. Heist orders must be lawful and in line with Asmodeus’ wishes. If you wish to remain untouchable, serve the Lord well and Thorn would be a fool to chance his wrath.

    Most importantly, if you do not wish to sign, you will likely not leave here alive.”


    With that, Ahkmathi stepped forward and signed the contract in blood.

    OOC - Ahk’s in!
    Spoiler: Status
    Show
    Str 10 Dex 16 Con 12 Int 18 Wis 12 Cha 10
    AC 13 HP 16 Init +11 Move 30' / F +2 R +4 W +4
    Spells (4/2+1): detect magic, message, ghost sound, mage hand; enlarge person, silent image, color spray
    Skills: Arcana/Planes +12; Local/Religion/Nature/Dungeon/History +10; Geo/Eng/Nob +10; Spellcraft +9
    Teleport: 7/7
    Effect: low-light vision
    Life is ... life. As always bot/cut as necessary.
    DM: "Why do you have so many characters?"
    Me: "Because I never embraced the strategic value of running away."


    Fare thee well, N_R ... you will missed!y

  12. - Top - End - #132
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Devil

    Join Date
    May 2018
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: DrK Way of Wicked Take 2 IC

    ". . . Well, I still don't like it, but I suppose it beats being back in prison awaiting execution." Sarris steps forward and proceeds to sign the contract.

    Two wrongs don't make a right, but three lefts do.

    He who laughs last doesn't get the joke.

    Spoiler: Stuff I Wrote
    Show
    Elite Races

    Goliaths [Part One, Part Two]
    Axiomite
    Nephilim

  13. - Top - End - #133
    Titan in the Playground
     
    DrK's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    UK
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: DrK Way of Wicked Take 2 IC

    "Excellent!" says the Cardinal after everyone signs. He nods, signalling to Tiadora, who swoops in, rolling the contracts and slipping a ring over each to keep them rolled. He grins as he looks at Oghash's contract, the massive bloody hand print. "A drop would have been sufficient, but this is good, very good."

    He claps a hand and another dead eyed servant approaches beating a tray of crystal goblets filled with what appears to be fine wine.

    "Well done. Your first command is a simple enough one - prepare yourselves. Stay within the manor, for in a few hours, word will reach the soldiers in Varyston that something has happened in Branderscar, and they will launch a manhunt for the culprits. Rest and recover, and in tomorrow, we shall begin your training."

    He grins, "Rest well as the training is hard and the knot tolerates no weakness". He sits there waiting for any questions from the few of you gathered there.
    Thanks to Emperor Ing for the nice Avatar

  14. - Top - End - #134
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    NecromancerGuy

    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    USA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: DrK Way of Wicked Take 2 IC

    Quote Originally Posted by DrK View Post
    [Cardinal Thorn] grins as he looks at Oghash's contract, the massive bloody hand print. "A drop would have been sufficient, but this is good, very good."
    As he looks he notices distinctly inhuman features to the hand print - "Fiendclaw" seems to be not just a name, but a descriptor for the half-orc bloodrager...

    Quote Originally Posted by DrK View Post
    [Cardinal Thorn] sits there waiting for any questions from the few of you gathered there.
    Spoiler: OoC
    Show
    Are we fully healed? If not, what options are there to get there before new action?

    "Master, will we need to defend your home from this manhunt? Or is this 'training' something else?" asks Oghash as she looks to Cardinal Thorn and Tiadora in turn, making it clear that if either have something to say about the defenses of the manor house that she wishes to hear it.

  15. - Top - End - #135
    Titan in the Playground
     
    DrK's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    UK
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: DrK Way of Wicked Take 2 IC

    The cardinal waves you away, a hand resting on your contracts. "In two days training can commence. Tiadora can show you to your chambers now. You shall be safe here, the Mitrans will not find you here."

    As he dismisses you with a wave of his hand Tiadora beckons you back to the library. Once there she looks to you all and pulls vials from a desk. "Drink deeply. It's healing magics to restore you to health. We have some supplies here for training needs. Ask and you shall receive. We begin training tomorrow! Also, you will need these, some more than others. " She adds the last looking at Oghash as she hands each of you a plain circlet to wear on your brow.

    OOC

    All are healed
    You can requisition 400gp of equipment
    Each if you is given an Iron Circlet of disguise (as Hat of Disguise)
    Thanks to Emperor Ing for the nice Avatar

  16. - Top - End - #136
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    NecromancerGuy

    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    USA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: DrK Way of Wicked Take 2 IC

    Quote Originally Posted by DrK View Post
    "Drink deeply. It's healing magics to restore you to health...Also, you will need these, some more than others."
    Oghash follows Tiadora without argument, appearing to settle into her intended role as an obedient, living weapon. When given the healing potion and circlet she looks at them suspiciously. Before drinking the potion she sniffs it and watches the others drink theirs. Seeing their wounds close she nods and drinks hers. Though her injuries are also healed, she seems to wince and grimace at the alien experience of willfully imbibing magical forces. "I may never get used to this," she growls sullenly, though she makes no other complaints.

    Looking at the iron circlet the scarred and tattooed woman asks, "What does this do? Are we all to wear them? Are they magic, like the potions?" Oghash's expression remains skeptical, the foul brand on her face making the expression particularly ugly. She's not argumentative as she inspect the unfamiliar metallic headband, but doesn't make any progress on her own discovering its properties...

  17. - Top - End - #137
    Titan in the Playground
     
    DrK's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    UK
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: DrK Way of Wicked Take 2 IC

    Quote Originally Posted by DarkOne7141981 View Post

    Looking at the iron circlet the scarred and tattooed woman asks, "What does this do? Are we all to wear them? Are they magic, like the potions?" Oghash's expression remains skeptical, the foul brand on her face making the expression particularly ugly. She's not argumentative as she inspect the unfamiliar metallic headband, but doesn't make any progress on her own discovering its properties...
    Tiadora looks with amuesment at Oghash, before picking up the circlet and pressing it gently onto Oghash's head. "Come," she gestures at a mirror in the corner. "Press the thorns atop your brow and imagine you would be like me." (IF) Oghash does so her appearance in the mirror changes to one similar to Tiadora, a but more muscular and with a hint of disfigured skin on otherwsie unblemished skin the creature looking is certainly not the savage tribal orc!

    Tiadora looks the bloordager. "Where the Cardinal would have you walk it may be necessary to hide who you are. This will allow that." Then she pauses, a mask dropping slightly as she looks Oghash directly in the eyes, a mote of fierceness in here eyes as they flash an otherworldy dull red "But little cannibal. Never forget who you, never!". As if embarrassed by the moment of truth she giggles girlishly again before striding from the room leaving Oghash holding the circlet as the servants sweep in with arms heavy with the equipment pulled from dusty storerooms that Oghash had requested.

    ---

    All

    As you have the freedom of the house you are free to explore the library, the impressive hall where servants are on hand to ply you with food and drink or the several small rooms with padded reed mats on the floor and straw bales trussed into the likeness of men to practice weapons. the house is a large manor and you can all but wonder how the Cardinal has avoided the notice of the authorities. The nature of the house is obvious; from the heretical titles in the library, to the massive symbol of Asmodoeus and blood filled font in the red curtained shrine in the east wing to the battered blue shield and chipped eagle crowned helms that can be affixed to the targets in the armoury its obviously a manor where the master venerates Asmodeus. A crime punishable by death in Talingarde.

    Eating a lunch together you are surprised when a band of 4 fellows wander in. The four of them look dangerous, a beautiful white haired woman of middle age with a lithe frame and a whie dress leads them. By her side is a massive hulking barbarian who's slightly tilted eyes and pointed ears hint at elven ancestry. As they spy you the barbarian steps in front of the woman. The other two are tough looking humans of middle age, both with a cruel cast to the faces. One in chain and dark cloths wears a symbol of Asmodeus openly, the other stares daggers at the party, a quiver at his hip and a bow slung on his shoulder a suggestion of his trade.



    THe woman pauses, eyes running over the group of you. "Ah, I had thought the Cardinal had found some new pets to amuse him. Well, come shall we greet them." she says to her companions as they approach where you are sat. As she walks you can all see a faint steam rising from she walks, as if something cold was evaporating. "I am Elise, leader of thsis Knot. THese are my companions Trik and Trak" she offers gesturing to the man in mail and the other man with the bow. By their appearance you'd suspect they are brothers. "And this, is my strong and silent protector Dostan." The massive half elf says nothing, merely dismisses each you save Oghash with a glance, eyes lingering on the muscled and scarred woman for a moment. "You look learned there Master Elf" she suggests to Ahkmathi, whilst the man in mail looks to Salem "A fellow devotee. You know the tenents. May e the best brother win the Cardinal's favour." By his tone he thinks that will surely be him. The man with the bow glances at Sarris, "You, you look familar. What brought you here, I'm sure seen your pretty face on a wanted poster some time back."
    Thanks to Emperor Ing for the nice Avatar

  18. - Top - End - #138
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    NecromancerGuy

    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    USA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: DrK Way of Wicked Take 2 IC

    Quote Originally Posted by DrK View Post
    AS Oghash does so her appearance in the mirror changes to one similar to Tiadora, a but more muscular and with a hint of disfigured skin on otherwsie unblemished skin the creature looking is certainly not the savage tribal orc!
    Oghash follows Tiadora, her expression concerned and confused. The half-orc appears to trust the other for a clear answer, but is unsure about what to expect. With a gasp she looks at her reflection, then at her arms and legs and whispers, "I'm...you? What magic is this?" in awe. It's clear that in spite of her attitude Oghash knows she's not naturally attractive and is shocked by the more-appealing transformation she sees in the mirror. "What an amazing gift...Is there a cost to using this?" she asks. "Does it take power from me when I use it?"

    Quote Originally Posted by DrK View Post
    Then she pauses, a mask dropping slightly as she looks Oghash directly in the eyes, a mote of fierceness in here eyes as they flash an otherworldy dull red "But little cannibal. Never forget who you, never!".
    Oghash watches the woman leave, her face a stormcloud of emotions. "What kind of woman are you...?" she asks to herself as the other woman leaves, appearing to come to a decision as she turns back to consider gear.

    Spoiler: Desired Gear
    Show
    I would like a Masterwork Greataxe (320 GP), Composite Longbow +3 (or +4 if available) (400 or 500 GP worth). Oghash has 300 GP to put into the pool for gear and would exchange her current Greataxe to help pay for the difference.

    Quote Originally Posted by DrK View Post
    "...and this, is my strong and silent protector Dostan." The massive half elf says nothing, merely dismisses each you save Oghash with a glance, eyes lingering on the muscled and scarred woman for a moment.
    Oghash stares back, her expression neutral and controlled as the half-elf sizes her up. "Why is he silent? Mitrans got his tongue?" she asks in a deadpan tone.

  19. - Top - End - #139
    Ettin in the Playground
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Canada, Pacific Time
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: DrK Way of Wicked Take 2 IC

    Salem accepted his contract without much talk or any fuss. He seemed downright casual about the whole thing. "I already serve. Already been inducted, but it was more of a... soldier's type of ceremony, up north. This is just a reassignment. New orders."

    He had similarly few words for his newly-arrived counterpart. "Naturally," he said with an easy smile and reciprocal smugness.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Most obvious items for the shopping list are MW Longbow and Studded Leather. I'll consider in more depth depending on our next assignment.

  20. - Top - End - #140
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Devil

    Join Date
    May 2018
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: DrK Way of Wicked Take 2 IC

    "We are all infamous in our own right. I simply had a price tag attached," Sarris replies to the bowman.

    Two wrongs don't make a right, but three lefts do.

    He who laughs last doesn't get the joke.

    Spoiler: Stuff I Wrote
    Show
    Elite Races

    Goliaths [Part One, Part Two]
    Axiomite
    Nephilim

  21. - Top - End - #141
    Titan in the Playground
     
    DrK's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    UK
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: DrK Way of Wicked Take 2 IC

    The 4 northern folk (well, the witch and the barbarian at least you'd guess) smirk. Dostan gazes at Oghash, a sneer on his face, "I choose not to speak with those who I don't respect, I don't speak with prey."" he adds before nodding to the table. Elise laughs a high pitched laugh, patting him on the arm as they head to the buffet table. Trik nodding to Salem grins a slightly savage grin, clearly a thought of "There can only be one" as both venerate Asmodeus, and competition is to be expected. The other brother, Trak, merely nods to Sarris, They didn't get your nose right." he offers before piling his plate high as they sit in the opposite corner of the room.

    As you finish your morning meals a blank face servant approaches and offers a note informing you that the equipment you had requested has been delivered and the Cardinal had requested your presence equipped for a trial by combat after lunch time.
    Thanks to Emperor Ing for the nice Avatar

  22. - Top - End - #142
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    NecromancerGuy

    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    USA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: DrK Way of Wicked Take 2 IC

    Spoiler: OoC
    Show
    Can I get a response from the rest of the team or the DM about the Composite Longbow? Just so I know which bonus Oghash will have on it? +3 or +4?

    Oghash nods solemnly at the other rager's words. Then she turns and finishes her meal without concern for the other knot.

    When the servant delivers the note she waits for the others to read it. Upon their explanation she smiles fiercely and nods. "Let's do this!"

  23. - Top - End - #143
    Ettin in the Playground
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Canada, Pacific Time
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: DrK Way of Wicked Take 2 IC

    "Trial by combat." Salem echoed dully. Didn't think we'd be up against them so quickly.

    He briskly collected his gear and warmed up with some exercises, to make sure he was used to moving in the new leathers and that any necessary adjustments were already made. Likewise he gave his new bow a once-over and nodded approvingly.

  24. - Top - End - #144
    Titan in the Playground
     
    DrK's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    UK
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: DrK Way of Wicked Take 2 IC

    The servant leads you back to our rooms where you each have time to get changed into the comfortable and well made courtiers clothes that the Cardinal has provided and each can wear your shiny Iron Circlets similar to the one that Tiadroa gave Oghash along with any weapons, armour or other sundry equipment that you had requested. For two of you (Oghash and Salem) these include well made yew bows made of dark black wood. In addition each of you has also been gifted with a fine silver holy symbol of Asmodeous, the silver stylised pentagram shining brightly and hanging no solid looking black iron chains.

    Spoiler: Iron Circlet for each of you
    Show

    This circlet of wrought iron alters itself to comfortably fit any wearer. It allows the wearer to alter their appearance as with a disguise self spell. As part of the disguise, the circlet can be changed to appear as any sort of hat, headgear, or hairstyle the wearer desires.
    Slot: Head/Crown


    Once dressed and ready you are led back to the Cardinal's study where the the distinguished man is sat awaiting you. "Greetings, comrades. Have you enjoyed your gifts? The iron circlets will allow you to move amongst our enemies as if you were one of them. The silver amulets will serve as a reminder to you of our shared loyalties. And the other items - well, those, you shall need now."

    "You have done well to escape from Branderscar and accept my offer. However, you are still not ready to truly play a part in our shared endeavor - not yet, anyway. Thus, you must train and prepare yourselves. A proving ground has been prepared in the basement of his domicile. There you will find nine chambers - one for each layer of Hell - each more dangerous than the last. Somewhere hidden within these chambers is a pendant of silver and sapphire. Recover the pendant and bring it to me. Let nothing and no one stand in your way."

    He stands up and looks out of the room's large window, across the grey moors. "It's almost dusk. You have until dusk tomorrow to bring me my prize. Do not fail."

    Right on cue, Tiadora arrives as the Cardinal retakes his seat. "This way," is all she says and gestures out, a glance through the windows towards a pile of stones in the gardens that you can see is also a cavern leading under the ground with a servant holding a sunrod standing by the opening.
    Thanks to Emperor Ing for the nice Avatar

  25. - Top - End - #145
    Titan in the Playground
     
    ClericGuy

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: DrK Way of Wicked Take 2 IC

    Ahkmathi Sek, Elven Conjurist

    Ahkmathi regarded the banter of the other Knot with inward amusement but outward disdain. He replied to their comments with disdain. ”All of my companions can comprehend the written word. And with regards to your obvious desire to stand alone before our Lord, perhaps you forgot the purpose of what we are setting out to do. The Cardinal AND Asmodeus expect we will cooperate to see their machinations through. You would do well to remember that.”

    With that, Ahkmathi turned to his companions, whispering ”Leave these fools for now. At least until we know more about our new home and our fellow guests within.”


    While the others trained their bodies the wizard focused on mental exercises. He poured over his new spellbook, copy the remaining spells to his own book then hiding the new one. He also used the library studied the history of this land to better understand their foes. When the Cardinal summoned them with a proving test, he was annoyed ... but he suppressed his feelings. ”Thank you for this opportunity to showcase our capabilities, Cardinal. It shall be as Asmodeus would demand.”

    Once the group was preparing to head down to the caves, he turned to the others. ”Perhaps a quick review of the tenets of Asmodeus and the nine layers of Hell would be in order, least we embarrass ourselves.”

    OOC - Copying four second level and three 1st; also trying to purchase a sleeves of many garments and a cold iron-tipped dagger.
    Spoiler: Status
    Show
    Str 10 Dex 16 Con 12 Int 18 Wis 12 Cha 10
    AC 13 HP 16 Init +11 Move 30' / F +2 R +4 W +4
    Spells (4/2+1): detect magic, message, ghost sound, mage hand; enlarge person, silent image, color spray
    Skills: Arcana/Planes +12; Local/Religion/Nature/Dungeon/History +10; Geo/Eng/Nob +10; Spellcraft +9
    Teleport: 7/7
    Effect: low-light vision
    Last edited by Starbin; 2021-01-24 at 02:58 AM.
    Life is ... life. As always bot/cut as necessary.
    DM: "Why do you have so many characters?"
    Me: "Because I never embraced the strategic value of running away."


    Fare thee well, N_R ... you will missed!y

  26. - Top - End - #146
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    NecromancerGuy

    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    USA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: DrK Way of Wicked Take 2 IC

    Oghash stands tall before her master, nodding her head slightly to acknowledge the "gifts" from the Cardinal. As he speaks she looks around, her eyes narrowing slightly. "Where is half-elf? The one who sang?" she asks before scowling in thought. "Oh...he didn't sign the...contract? Yeah, the contract. Is our knot big enough? The other one is only four, but he was useful...sneaky and stuff. Is there anyone else we can add to the knot?"

    The half-orcs questions are mostly her thinking out loud than directed at anyone in particular, but she looks around hopefully, trusting her companions to help her think through the situation and come to a smart decision...

  27. - Top - End - #147
    Ettin in the Playground
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Canada, Pacific Time
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: DrK Way of Wicked Take 2 IC

    "You shall 'ave your prize, Cardinal." Salem said simply, with a curt nod.

    "Time's wastin', and if there was anyone else we could recruit they'd be here now. Maybe there's someone else already there, but it's a test—we're to win or lose this on our own."
    Last edited by Athaleon; 2021-01-26 at 11:40 AM.

  28. - Top - End - #148
    Titan in the Playground
     
    DrK's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    UK
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: DrK Way of Wicked Take 2 IC

    As Tiadora leads the four of you outside she pauses, looking at you. "I should mention, you will be joined by another. We had expected more of you will to join the know and would not have the knot being weak." She clicks her fingers and a servant brings another adventuring type forward. Nodding she smiles a cruel hooked smile, "Here is your new companion, play nicely now with each other" she says and gestures to the mouth of the cavern. "As the Master said. There are chambers prepared to test you below, find the amulet. You have 24 hours. Or you would be found wanting."


    OOC
    Enter Farmerbink

    Thanks to Emperor Ing for the nice Avatar

  29. - Top - End - #149
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Farmerbink's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Texas, again!
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: DrK Way of Wicked Take 2 IC

    A servant paces out of the last antechamber before the exit to the gardens. He seems to be stifling... a laugh? As he notices Tiadora, he instantly masters his features, clearly having not expected to run into her quite this quickly. Just behind him a Dwarf exits the same room, somehow making the human servant look small.

    Built like an ogre- only a forth the height, rippling muscle courses over the Dwarf's broad chest and shoulders- plain to see for he wears only simple loose pants and an almost open one-shoulder sash. A hideous scar mars the left side of his otherwise plain face. His nose- a squat, bulbous thing, flares slowly with breath atop a closely-shorn auburn beard. His forehead and pate are utterly bald, featuring a parallel row of some sort of patterned tattoo. His smile, open and brazen, is an ugly thing- though not for any false mirth. He appears to be genuinely amused by something just said, and isn't the slightest bit concerned about Tiadora or anyone else knowing it.

    He notices your group, first with a shallow but respectful nod to the "woman" leading you, and a series of brief, openly appraising glances for the rest. He snorts, visibly surprised to find Oghash at the end of the line, but otherwise doesn't react to your presence immediately. He turns his attention back to Tiadora with a faintly concerned expression. "Apologies, mistress. Thought you were gonna come get us?" he mutters, plainly a bit confused. At her curt dismissal of his concern, he shrugs, and approaches the group with the confidence of someone who knows he belongs and isn't the slightest bit concerned for his own wellbeing.

    He plainly eyes Oghash, just as plainly amused. "Hells, girl. I thought they were gonna kill you, for sure. Damned high price for you to be walking about, free as a bird." Before she musters more words than an animalistic growl, he turns to the rest of the group and inclines his head- noticeably more shallowly than he did to Tiadora. "I'm Stvari. The Cardinal tells me I'm to work with you."

    He smiles widely. "And he pays damned well, don't he?"

  30. - Top - End - #150
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    NecromancerGuy

    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    USA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: DrK Way of Wicked Take 2 IC

    "YOU!" explodes Oghash loudly at the first sign of Stvari. She seems to war with herself throughout his introduction, openly snarling and flexing her clawed hands but otherwise remaining still at the rear of the procession. When he's done speaking she growls, "You filthy, arrogant, two-faced bounty hunter! I should kill you now before you have the chance to betray us!"

    Turning to Tiadora she asks in a demanding voice, "Has he signed a pact with the Cardinal too? If not, he is dead where he stands!"

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •