New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 29 123456789101126 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Titan in the Playground

Default DrK Way of Wicked Take 2 IC

And so you were captured for your wicked deeds and justly condemned. Perhaps, at first, you weren't sure of your destination - perhaps you did not know where they sent criminals as wicked and as unrepentant as you. Soon enough, you would learn your fate.

You were thrown in a wagon, manacled and bound with other prisoners, with no chance to move, never mind escape. You were hooded with a sackcloth bag by rough hands. You were watched and ordered not to speak a word or make a sound. Any disobedience was punished by a sharp knock to the head or in the gut. You could feel the movement of the wagon, but where were you headed?

-

In the kingdom of Talingarde, many crimes may send you to the infamous Branderscar Prison, but the sentence has but one meaning - you are wicked and utterly irredeemable. Each of you recieved the same greeting in turn after your arrival - being manhandled and dragged into a nearby room with a waiting brazier. Held down by rough hands, a portly man in a guard sergeant's garb branded you upon the arm with a runic F. The mark signifies 'forsaken' and the painful scar is indelible proof that each of you has betrayed the great and eternal love of Mitra and his chosen mortal vassals.

Spoiler: Welcome to Branderscar...
    Show

Condemned, you face, at best, a short life of shackles and backbreaking servitude in the nearby salt mines. Others still might await the "gentle" ministrations of the inquisitors, so that co-conspirators might be revealed and confessions extracted. Perhaps, some of you will be spared this ordeal. Perhaps, instead, you have come to Branderscar to face the final judgement. In three days, the King's executioner arrives and the axe falls or the pyre will be lit. Through fire or steel, your crimes will be answered.

You have all been chained together in the same communal cell, dressed in nothing but filthy, tattered rags.. Manhandled and mistreated, any finery you once possessed has long since been ruined or lost. No special treatment is given to any prisoner - male or female, commoner or noble - all the forsaken are bound and imprisoned together. Your feet are secured by iron cuffs tethered by one long chain. Your arms are secured to the wall above by manacles. A guard is posted right outside the cell, day and night. Little thought is given to long term accommodations, for at Branderscar, justice comes swift and sure.

Escape seems hopeless. You have all been well searched and every attempt to conceal anything on your person has failed. And if you could somehow slip your bonds and fly out of this person, where would you go? Who from your former life would want anything to do with the forsaken? Despised, alone and shackled - all that you can do now is await your doom.

For each of you, your old life is over. For each of you, hope is but a fading memory. For each of you, justice will be fairly meted. And who can blame fair Talingarde after what each of you has done?

THen things had become "interesting". A mere day after your incarceration with a bunch of like minded villainous scum Adruis had been invited to meet a woman, a mysterious lady who had come to visit him. Introducing herself as Tiadora she had an offer for Adrius (and his cell mates). Her Master was looking for people of such power and evil conniving, and had contrived to have them assembled in Brandescar on such a day together so that he could arrange their release - "if you are able... think of it as the first test of many!". She had given Adrius a veil imbued with magic and given him the instructions of a Manor at the edge oft he moors, a stark directive "be there in 3 days or you will fall to your fate"

Spoiler: The Lady
    Show

Luckily for you, Sgt Blackerly the Master of Arms had run the prison guards down, only a corrupt band of gamblers and cronies remained in the prison as the disinterested Warden Richter had let the prison rot underneath. This had been your stroke of luck and with savagery and cunning (and the lock picks on the veil!) you had managed to escape the prison. Now the prison lies in ruins, Warden Richter slain in his study and the guards slaughtered in the barracks and at the gates. Fleeing across the bridge connecting the prison to the mainland you can taste the salty tang of freedom. Even as you pause on the road, you can look at the marshes glowing with phosphorescence in the moonlight or the road - both can lead you to the Manor that Adrius spoke of....

OOC thread
    Thanks to Emperor Ing for the nice Avatar

2. - Top - End - #2
    Firbolg in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Default Re: DrK Way of Wicked Take 2 IC

At the edge of the bridge Oghash looks out across the scene before her. With a crack of her neck, once to the left and once to the right, the hulking half-orc woman growls loudly enough for her companions to hear, "I can lead us through the marshes. Any reinforcements will come by the road and the swamp will help hide our tracks. It will be slower, but that's how I would do it. What say you?"

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ogre in the Playground

Devil

Sarris looks around, hungering for a challenge. The guards gave a good warm up, but he wanted to take something down that was much bigger. His blade is sheathed, but his hand rests on it, ready to draw at a moment's notice. "That sounds boring. Why not find a few more soldiers to cut through? Each one we take down now is one fewer we have to worry about later. What say the rest of you?"
    Last edited by Bansheexero; 2020-10-03 at 08:56 PM.

Two wrongs don't make a right, but three lefts do.

He who laughs last doesn't get the joke.

Spoiler: Stuff I Wrote
    Show
    Elite Races

Goliaths [Part One, Part Two]
    Axiomite
    Nephilim

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ettin in the Playground

"I can lead the way. Don't know if I mentioned it before, but I was a Ranger up north—this'll be a walk in the park."

He looked back to Sarris with a squint. "Assuming there'll only be a few soldiers. And we'll have to make sure we cut them all down; if one gets away the rest'll have an idea of our direction. The lot they send after us won't be Richter's Sh*tters either. We have to be smart about this, and that means staying off the road."
    Last edited by Athaleon; 2020-10-03 at 11:43 PM.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Titan in the Playground

The fair skinned half-elf twists a lock of chestnut hair behind his ear, leaving half of his face still in shadow. Branderscar wasn't exactly known for its hygiene, yet Adrius manages to make the blood and sweat on his stolen mail look fashionable in the moon's half-light. Both the deceased sergeant's sword and Tiadora's magic veil have been safely put away, until either can be made use of. Rakish maroon eyes take in the two paths ahead of the escapees: swamp and road, flicking back and forth between them as though taking the time to weigh each option on its own merits.

"The road may prove easier, but the swamp seems wiser, what with the moon out and the peat lit up. I trust Oghash to find us a path through, and I trust Sarris to help cut down any monsters that are stupid enough to try and lay an ambush." As he speaks, Adrius turns to look at both mercenary and berserker and offers them a wolfish grin. "We were certainly fearsome enough together to cut down Blackerly and his cronies; I doubt that anything in that marsh could overpower us."

Though he has stated his intentions, the skald also looks to the two members of the group that have yet to speak, a wordless invitation for them to share their opinions.
    Last edited by 3SecondCultist; 2020-10-04 at 06:53 AM.
    Spoiler: Stuff I'm Working On
    Show
    Small Justice

An ongoing web serial about politics, vengeance, and miniature lizards. Go check it out!

Quote Originally Posted by Zeno Desaqqara View Post
    You divine bastard.

"Life is to be lived, not controlled; and humanity is won by continuing to play in the face of certain defeat."

6. - Top - End - #6

NecromancerGuy

Oghash glares at Sarris' response silently, her teeth bared in an animalistic challenge. When Salem offers to take the lead and Adrius shows his trust Oghash nods and grumbles. "I'll take the rear and cover tracks. Salem, point out where to step and the rest of you watch your feet!" she spits at the others.

The half-orc cannibal looks back at the keep with open hatred. As she waits for the others Oghash collects tree branches to brush away footprints. Looking at their ogre she tells him, "Grumblejack - duck your head too. Don't break any limbs you can avoid." She then takes a piece of dried meat out of her pack and starts chewing on it.

Spoiler: OoC
    Show
    If the party had spent enough time to clear out the keep thoroughly, Oghash would have made some jerky from her victims. She would be chewing that right now. If this makes any PCs uncomfortable, I am open to RP on the topic.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Titan in the Playground

There is some discussion as you stand by the side of the road, the softly glowing moss filled bog to the northwest and the road curving westwards inland, the lights of the small fishing and trading village of Brandescar a few miles down the down the road. Even as you crouch by the roadside you can see lights moving fast - likely mounted people - riding down the causeways towards the prison (although still several miles from you).

Turning into the marsh the half orc cannibal's dark sight and elves' low light invaluable as you move through the tufts and small lumps of solid ground between the bogs. Even then, you spend half the time wading, only the massive ogre, Grumblejack you found and brought with you happy in the marshes. At one point, after maybe an hour or so, the ogres pauses, scooping a clawed hand of water into his maw. "|Grumblejack live swamp. Little pink skins in blue trick Grumblejack with cart with many barrels. Grumblejack drink ale, too much ale then in stone cage..." he seems sad, before continuing. "Grumblejack out now. Grumblejack follow dark pin skins..." he grins savagely at you all, his ogroid visage even more horrifying as he punctuates by chewing on the mangled still uniformed arm of one of the prison guards, a few more snacks tied to his belt for the walk into the swamp.

A low guttural grunting nearby is enough to distract for you the ogre as there is a soft low hissing and the scrap of scales on mud. EVen as you stand, poised in a small clearing some 40ft across you can see a shape emerge from the trees on the far side of the clearing - a strange man like figure, save for the scales and massive long reptillian maw, a pair of 8ft long alligators either side of him.

The weird hybrid "thing" looks at you across the clearing, a gleam in his yellowish eyes before speaking in halting Mitran, "Strangers. Strangers in my swamp.... My kin and I are hungry, Long time since any of the Mitrans ventured this far into Kyan's swamp..." Eyes washing over you all, glaring at Grumble he snarls, "I only need one of you... One food, rest can move on..."

8. - Top - End - #8

NecromancerGuy

In the darkness the cannibal's eyes do not glow red or show any other sign of orcish darkvision, so when she sees the creature threatening them Oghash starts briefly. She then audibly growls as she whips her greataxe back and forth menacingly. "Not without a fight," she mutters as she looks back and forth between the reptilian creature and her allies. "If you're going to talk to it, do it now. I say we kill it," she says, more loudly through gritted teeth as she barely contains her abyssal fury...

Spoiler: OoC
    Show
    Oghash is built to fight, not talk, and does not have Darkvision (I traded it for other racial traits). If she is going to learn to wait to speak until the rest of the party has attempted bluff/diplomacy/intimidation then she will have to be taught that. Otherwise, my inclination is usually to roll initiative, rage and start swinging.

That attitude is part of how Oghash got captured in the first place, so feel free to overrule her. It will take some time, but as a player I intend her to become a weapon for the party. Until it makes sense she will need guidance.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Ogre in the Playground

Devil

Sarris jests, "Heh, shame the ogre didn't bring enough for leftovers. But hey, I could use a new pair of boots." His hand grips the hilt of his blade, ready to draw. He hopes for a fight, but waits to see what his comrades do.

Show
    Elite Races

Axiomite
    Nephilim

10. - Top - End - #10
    Ettin in the Playground

"Find food elsewhere, or you'll choke to death on steel." Salem sneered with confidence as his comrades seemed similarly ready to fight.

Spoiler
    Show

Salem is the kind of guy who sucks at Intimidate but will try anyways. (1d20-1)[15]
    Last edited by Athaleon; 2020-10-07 at 01:30 AM.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Titan in the Playground

As the orc, the skald and the ex-knight all threaten violence the cursed half reptillian hermit hisses and barks. the two crocodiles either side raising up on their legs and snapping their massive jaws menacingly, each of the beasts some 8ft long or scaled muscle! He grins, "Well, a feast tonight for me and ma' brothers...", he flexes and claws and readies to race forward...

OOC
    THe were-crocodile and his two friends are 40ft across a small clearing. that is about 40ft in diameter, small shrubs, bushes etc... (difficult ground) surround the edge.
    Players have the initiative, if you all post then I'll sort it out...

12. - Top - End - #12

NecromancerGuy

Spoiler: Round 1, Oghash's Status
    Show
    Oghash ("Fiendclaw" in Orcish)
    Female Chaotic Evil Half-Orc Bloodrager, Level 2, Init 3, HP 24+6/24+6, Speed 30 ft. (40 ft. base)
    AC 13, Touch 7, Flat-footed 12, CMD 15, Fort 10, Ref 3, Will 4, CMB +8, Base Attack Bonus 2
    Greataxe +7 (1d12+12, 20/x3)
    Chainmail, Heavy Steel Shield (+6 Armor, +1 Dex, -2 Rage, -2 Charge)
    Abilities Str 23, Dex 12, Con 21, Int 8, Wis 10, Cha 12
    Condition Bloodrage (0/8 Rounds used due to using Adrius' Inspired Rage)
    Charge
    Power Attack

With a feral roar born of abyssal horrors and years of violence and abuse, Oghash seems to burst into a frenzy and charges the threatening were-gator! Canny observers will note her motions are in time with Adrius' song, though her eyes showing no sign of humanity or sanity as her muscles bulge underneath her stolen armor as she brings her battleaxe down in an overhead strike!

Spoiler: Mechanics
    Show
    Edit: The original attack roll gets a +2 from charging. The AoO (if applicable) does not.

Once able, she will use Bloodrage, move (up to 15 feet) and attack with her Greataxe: (1d20+7)[20](+2 from Charge makes this a 22) to hit, (1d20+7)[13] (20/x3), (1d12+12)[20] slashing damage, +(1d12+12)[21] critical strike damage (if applicable)

If anything incurs an AoO: (1d20+7)[25] to hit, (1d20+7)[11] (20/x3), (1d12+12)[24] slashing damage, +(1d12+12)[24] critical strike damage (if applicable)

13. - Top - End - #13
    Ettin in the Playground

Grant me strength to put these creatures down.

Following a quick mental prayer to his infernal god, Salem nocked one arrow after another and sent them hurtling after the were-crocodile.

Spoiler
    Show

Swift Action: Use Fervor to cast Divine Favor as a Swift Action.

Full Round Action: Full attack with Rapid Shot. Sadly they're just a little too far away for Point Blank Shot.

Attack: (1d20+7)[17]
    Damage: (1d8+2)[10]

Attack: (1d20+7)[23]
    Damage: (1d8+2)[5]

14. - Top - End - #14
    Ogre in the Playground

Devil

Sarris gleefully charges towards one of the crocodiles, focusing his attention on it. He charges forth, sword drawn, slicing down upon it as he rushes in.

Spoiler: Actions
    Show
    Sarris challenges (+2 damage) and charge attacks one of the crocodiles.

Attack roll (1d20+9)[29]
    Crit check? (19-20) (1d20+9)[17]
    Damage (1d10+8)[15] slashing
    If crit, add (1d10+8)[11] slashing damage

If slain, Sarris challenges the next biggest thing still living (crocodile first, then werecroc). This increases his challenge damage by an additional 2, but reduces AC by 2.
    Last edited by Bansheexero; 2020-10-09 at 09:17 AM.

Show
    Elite Races

Axiomite
    Nephilim

15. - Top - End - #15
    Titan in the Playground

The skald says nothing when the band of crocodiles approach, although his lips quirk impishly at the corners. Leaning back on his heels, Adrius lets out a rattling breath and waits for the others to reply to the gauntlet thrown down.

"Well," Adrius says at last as he watches several hundred pounds of muscle prepare to rush their enemy's position, "I've always wanted to try gator jerky. Brandr áreiđ! Charge as one, overwhelm them before they can mount a defense!"

Falling into a fighting stance, he draws his blade as part of his movement; Adrius is careful to let Sarris and Oghash close the distance first, so as to maximize his own battlefield positioning in relation to theirs. There will be time yet to draw blood.

Spoiler: Round 1 OOC
    Show
    Adrius is going to standard action activate Raging Song with Inspired Rage. Everyone who chooses to benefit from it gains +2 Str, +2 Con, -1 AC, and +1 to Will saves. During a rage, PCs cannot cast spells or use any Cha, Int, or Dex based skills. He will then take a single move to close in behind Sarris and Oghash.
    Show
    Small Justice

An ongoing web serial about politics, vengeance, and miniature lizards. Go check it out!

You divine bastard.

"Life is to be lived, not controlled; and humanity is won by continuing to play in the face of certain defeat."

16. - Top - End - #16
    Titan in the Playground

ClericGuy

Ahkmathi Sek, Elven Conjurist

The elf had been quiet during the initial part of their departure from Branderscar. His only words post prison had been to warn against the arrogance of seeking conflict on the open road … and a comment that hoof steps towards the prison meant their escape was likely to be known in short order. In short, they should get off the road and do it quickly.

He made it slowly through the swamp, trying not to lose a shoe or soak his socks, to the point where the cannibal half-orc simply left him to his own devices. Of course, that was part of the plan, since the wizard did not feel comfortable with that particular beast behind him. It had been too soon since he had seen her start eating one of the guards at the first pause in violence … and flaying the flesh off of the Warden for her own particular brand of rations. By the time he reached the others, they had already found another fight to engage in, leaving him sighing in disbelief and exasperation. As he drew a wand, skald's song began to push through the air, his own blood pounding in response to the throaty beat. Pushing it away, Ahkmathi glared at the man's back for a moment before launching a glowing orb towards one of the most hurt foes. He muttered aloud, "It seems to me that monsters of our nature should band together, rather than do the work of the Mitrans for them …"
    [hr]OOC - apologies for the late reply. Work and home life have fought a battle for my time and I seem to be the loser.

Advance to be closer to the group, but with them clearly between Ahkmathi and the crocodilians. Will use the wand to strike the most wounded … MM Dam - (1d4+1)[5] 22 charges left.

Spoiler: Status
    Show
    Str 10 Dex 16 Con 12 Int 18 Wis 12 Cha 10
    AC 13 HP 16 Init +11 Move 30' / F +2 R +4 W +4
    Spells (4/2+1): detect magic, message, ghost sound, mage hand; enlarge person, silent image, color spray
    Skills: Arcana/Planes +12; Local/Religion/Nature/Dungeon/History +10; Geo/Eng/Nob +10; Spellcraft +9
    Teleport: 7/7
    Effect: low-light vision
    Last edited by Starbin; 2020-10-16 at 08:02 PM.
    Life is ... life. As always bot/cut as necessary.
    DM: "Why do you have so many characters?"
    Me: "Because I never embraced the strategic value of running away."

Fare thee well, N_R ... you will missed!y

17. - Top - End - #17
    Titan in the Playground

With little willingness to negotiate the recently escaped prisoners hurl themselves at the strange and savage marsh hermit and his scaled companions, even as the young warpriest draws his bow and lets fly with two arrows Adrius gives rise a warcry that fills his colleagues with bloodlust! The twin arrows both thud into the bizzare looking half reptillian figure, one bouncing of its thick scales, the other sinking into its flesh but seemingly doing little damage, the beast's natural toughness ablating much of the force.

Even as Sarris and Oghash hurl themselves across the clearing the elf advances a little behind them, coldly drawing a long thin fluted wand and sending a magical orb of force slamming into the were-crocodile with punishing force. The assault is followed up by the greataxe biting heavily -though not as heavily as Oghash would have expected (had they been entirely rational!) - but still spraying oily reptilian blood everywhere. Beside him Sarris reaches the crocodile and with a singe savage sweep of his sword rends the head from the massive lizard with but a single blow! The were-creature howls with rage and a madness enters its eyes as goes into a battle rage of its own! THe crocodile beside him running up hissing angrily seeking to tear Sarris down even as it's master claws and swings its massive tail at the raging orc!

Spoiler: OOC
    Show

Crocodile #1 = dead from the critical hit
    Crocodile #2 = Advance to Sarris and attack him (1d20+5)[9] dam (1d8+4)[12] and Grapple (1d20+11)[20] vs CMD

Were-crocodile = RAGE!; full attack Oghash
    Claw (1d20+8)[10] dam (1d4+8)[10]
    Claw (1d20+8)[21] dam (1d4+8)[9]
    Tail (1d20+3)[22] dam (1d12+4)[5]

go go party

18. - Top - End - #18
    Ogre in the Playground

Devil

Sarris flicks blood from his blade as he tends the first crocodile, his gaze fixing on the next one. He swings down upon it in a broad, sweeping strike.

Spoiler: Actions
    Show
    Glorious Challenge on crocodile #2 (assuming it is still alive when I attack it, charge attack (My normal AC has a -2 penalty from GC, same as if charging)).

Attack roll (1d20+7)[22]
    Crit check? (19-20) (1d20+9)[26]
    Damage (1d10+10)[17] slashing
    If crit, deals an additional (1d10+10)[14] slashing damage

If slain, will continue the chain to challenge the werecrocodile (for a total of 6 challenge damage, -4 AC).
    Last edited by Bansheexero; 2020-10-09 at 04:27 PM.

Show
    Elite Races

Axiomite
    Nephilim

19. - Top - End - #19
    Ettin in the Playground

As his new friends charged into melee, Salem stepped forward to loose two more shots, determined to find a weak spot or otherwise overwhelm the were-creature's toughness.

Spoiler
    Show

With Point Blank Shot this time.

Attack: (1d20+8)[23]
    Damage: (1d8+4)[11]

Attack: (1d20+8)[10]
    Damage: (1d8+4)[7]

20. - Top - End - #20

NecromancerGuy

Spoiler: Round 2, Oghash's Status
    Show
    Female Chaotic Evil Half-Orc Bloodrager, Level 2, Init 3, HP 10+6/24+6, Speed 30 ft. (40 ft. base)
    AC 15, Touch 9, Flat-footed 14, CMD 17, Fort 10, Ref 3, Will 4, CMB +8, Base Attack Bonus 2
    Chainmail, (+6 Armor, +1 Dex, -2 Rage)
    Power Attack

With spittle flying Oghash screams in pain as the were-gator attacks her. In spite of her pain she winds up and slashes her ax at him again, made rage her only expression!

Show
    (1d20+7)[11] to hit, (1d20+7)[10] (20/x3), (1d12+12)[22] slashing damage, +(1d12+12)[20] critical strike damage (if applicable)

If anything incurs an AoO: (1d20+7)[18] to hit, (1d20+7)[24] (20/x3), (1d12+12)[19] slashing damage, +(1d12+12)[19] critical strike damage (if applicable)

21. - Top - End - #21
    Titan in the Playground

The ground in the clearing is soon soaked with blood, as the dying crocodile thrashes about and claws and axe rend both Oghash and the were-creature. At the back of the clearing Adrius continues to speak words that drive the more "brute" oriented members of the escapees and Salem beside him launches another pair of arrows at the battling creatures, the first finding its mark and penetrating the monster's scales. The second bouncing off its thick armoured hide.

Oghash, lost in savagery swings hard, but the hermit is able to ward away the blow while Sarris drives his sword in tho the back of the other crocodile but cannot quite finish killing the beast as it whips around and pounces upon him. The were crocodile lashes towards Oghash, its beady yellow eyes filled with rage and claws dripping with orc blood. He steps a tiny fraction to catch Sarris in his grasp as well, incensed at the swordsman slashing at his pets

Seeing the trouble, there is a roar from the edge of the clearing as you see Grumble slowly striding forward, readying to join the fray witha torn off tree branch as a club

Spoiler
    Show

Crocodile #2
    Bite Attack (1d20+9)[22] dam (1d8+4)[12] & grapple (1d20+11)[30] Vs CMD
    Tail Attack (1d20+9)[28] dam (1d12+2)[11]

Were-crocodile = RAGE!; full attack Oghash & Sarris

vs Oghash Claw (1d20+8)[10] dam (1d4+8)[11]
    vs Sarris Claw (1d20+8)[9] dam (1d4+8)[12]
    vs Oghash Tail Attack (1d20+3)[5] dam (1d12+4)[13]

22. - Top - End - #22

NecromancerGuy

Spoiler: Round 3, Oghash's Status
    Show
    Female Chaotic Evil Half-Orc Bloodrager, Level 2, Init 3, HP 10+6/24+6, Speed 30 ft. (40 ft. base)
    AC 15, Touch 9, Flat-footed 14, CMD 17, Fort 10, Ref 3, Will 4, CMB +8, Base Attack Bonus 2
    Power Attack

"Grumblejack - smash him!" roars Oghash as she tries to step around the were-gator to find a flank with one of her allies. Then she swings her ax again, murder in her eyes...

Show
    5-ft step if possible to make a flank happen. If it isn't possible, Oghash will risk an AoO from the were-gator to get into a flanking position with a move action. No attack rolls include the +2 flanking bonus - please add that if applicable.

(1d20+7)[11] to hit, (1d20+7)[10] (20/x3), (1d12+12)[13] slashing damage, +(1d12+12)[15] critical strike damage (if applicable)

If anything incurs an AoO: (1d20+7)[18] to hit, (1d20+7)[15] (20/x3), (1d12+12)[23] slashing damage, +(1d12+12)[23] critical strike damage (if applicable)

23. - Top - End - #23
    Titan in the Playground

ClericGuy

Ahkmathi Sek, Elven Conjurist

While the initial onslaught had reduced their enemies, the remaining two were proving as tough of an obstacle as any from the prison. Ahkmathi shook his head in mock disappointment, ”Stop playing with your food, my dear ... it’s bad for your digestion.” He considered his options and the spells he had available. He
    is current memorizations were unsuited to the battle at hand, so he takes the wand once more and fired at the most injured for.
    [hr]OOC - alright I’m back in it ... MM damage - (1d4+1)[3] 21 charges left.
    Spoiler: Status
    Show
    Str 10 Dex 16 Con 12 Int 18 Wis 12 Cha 10
    AC 13 HP 16 Init +11 Move 30' / F +2 R +4 W +4
    Spells (4/2+1): detect magic, message, ghost sound, mage hand; enlarge person, silent image, color spray
    Skills: Arcana/Planes +12; Local/Religion/Nature/Dungeon/History +10; Geo/Eng/Nob +10; Spellcraft +9
    Teleport: 7/7
    Effect: low-light vision
    Life is ... life. As always bot/cut as necessary.
    DM: "Why do you have so many characters?"
    Me: "Because I never embraced the strategic value of running away."

Fare thee well, N_R ... you will missed!y

24. - Top - End - #24
    Ettin in the Playground

Salem growled in frustration as some of hits shots failed to penetrate his targets' thick hide, but he had little alternative but to keep shooting and end the fight as quickly as he could.

Spoiler
    Show

Rapid Shot again.

Attack: (1d20+8)[25]
    Damage: (1d8+3)[11]

Attack: (1d20+8)[22]
    Damage: (1d8+3)[8]

25. - Top - End - #25
    Titan in the Playground

Watching the fight unfold, the skald's eyes narrow even as he lets loose red invectives on the world. With every word, the muscles on his frame begin to tighten and grow, and the grip on his sword whitens.

Stepping in closer to the battle, Adrius takes note of where Oghash is walking and positions himself accordingly. The blade comes up right at the crescendo of his speech, steel flashing under moonlight.

Spoiler: Round 3 Actions
    Show
    Adrius is going to us his move action to (hopefully) flank the were-gator with Oghash. H;s keeping up his Raging Song, so I will factor in an effective +1 to attack and damage from that with the +2 to attack from flanking.

Attack (vs. Weregator): (1d20+8)[9] for (1d8+4)[5] damage (crit confirm: (1d20+8)[14])
    Show
    Small Justice

You divine bastard.

26. - Top - End - #26
    Ogre in the Playground

Devil

Sarris violently thrashes his sword at the crocodile that is on top of him and latching on.

Spoiler
    Show
    Attack roll (1d20+8)[25]
    Crit? (19-20) (1d20+8)[13] slashing
    Damage (1d10+11)[18]
    If crit, add (1d10+11)[17] slashing damage

Show
    Elite Races

Axiomite
    Nephilim

27. - Top - End - #27
    Titan in the Playground

Despite being caught in the jaws of the beast Sarris hacked with the blade and with another savage stroke sheared the creatrue's head off, turning to the were-beast he gestured with a clear and unmistakable and glorious challenge. Even as he was distracted an another pair of arrows thudded into his chest, one bouncing off, but another driving deep into its ribs, the creature slowly turning in a porcupine of arrows all leaking blood. Oghash, weakened by blood loss couldn't land another brutal blow from her axe, caught in the embrace of the monster.
    Adrius leapt into the fray, his weapon missing in the swirl of combat, Grumble also rumbling forward, swinging left and right with great blows oft he club.

Still at the back of the clearing, picking his way carefully across the clearing the elf leveled the thin wand and a ruby mote of light sped forth, leaving a cratered impact in the beast's chest. The creature was beyond fury now, studded with arrrows, in a rage from losing its two pets and surrounded it lashed out with claw and tooth at all within reach!

Spoiler: OOC
    Show

Grumble attack (1d20+9)[24] dam (2d8+7)[16]

vs Adrius Claw [roll]1d20+8[/roll dam (1d4+8)[10]
    vs Grumble Claw [roll]1d20+8[/roll dam (1d4+8)[9]
    vs Sarris Tail [roll]1d20+3[/roll dam (1d12+4)[10]

EDIT: Fixed rolls from OOC
    vs Adrius Claw (1d20+8)[14] dam (1d4+8)[10]
    vs Grumble Claw (1d20+8)[20] dam (1d4+8)[9]
    vs Sarris Tail (1d20+3)[6] dam (1d12+4)[10]

Last edited by DrK; 2020-10-17 at 04:55 PM.

28. - Top - End - #28
    Ogre in the Playground

Devil

More of a desperate and raging swing than anything else, turning his focus to the werecrocodile, Sarris brings his blade to bear down upon him with all of his might.

Spoiler
    Show
    From what I gather, I am flanking the werecroc with the other two in melee with it, so it should help mitigate my power attack penalty.

Power Attack roll (1d20+9)[19]
    Crit? (19-20) (1d20+9)[14]
    Damage (1d10+16)[18] slashing
    If crit, add (1d10+16)[19]slashing damage
    Last edited by Bansheexero; 2020-10-17 at 09:54 PM.

Show
    Elite Races

Axiomite
    Nephilim

29. - Top - End - #29

NecromancerGuy

Spoiler: Round 4, Oghash's Status
    Show
    Power Attack

"Why! Won't! You! Just! Die!" Oghash spits from between closed teeth as she swings her axe at the were-gator. Her expression is utterly devoid of sanity at this point, as her feral grin appears to be the result of contracting muscles that won't let her open her jaws anymore...

Show
    5-ft step as necessary to make flanks happen. Rolls include a flanking bonus now.

(1d20+9)[23] to hit, (1d20+9)[13] (20/x3), (1d12+12)[20] slashing damage, +(1d12+12)[21] critical strike damage (if applicable)

If anything incurs an AoO: (1d20+9)[22] to hit, (1d20+9)[25] (20/x3), (1d12+12)[13] slashing damage, +(1d12+12)[14] critical strike damage (if applicable)

30. - Top - End - #30
    Ettin in the Playground

"Inferno grant me the strength to smite this beast!" Salem growled as he continued to step forward and pour arrows into the were-croc.

Spoiler
    Show

Attack: (1d20+8)[17]
    Damage: (1d8+4)[9]

Attack: (1d20+8)[27]
    Damage: (1d8+4)[10]