New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 11 of 29 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #301
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: DrK Way of Wicked Take 2 IC

Stvari snorts appreciatively as the last zombie falls. He shrugs at Oghash, unable to help her. Turning to the Elf, Stvari smiles wickedly. "Oy, who's there?" he calls, as he begins to fiddle with the latch to the door leading to the voice.

2. - Top - End - #302
    Titan in the Playground

ClericGuy

Ahkmathi Sek, Elven Conjurist

Ahkmathi shrugged at the ideas. ”Let’s hope he’s just a normal knight, and not one of the holy warriors. We shall be found out quickly, otherwise”

The Wizard stepped back, calling upon his circlet to display a scholarly looking human, with fitted robes and a carefully manicured beard. He waited to see what happened.

OOC - Looking about, checking for items of worth and looking for clues about the voice next door. Also using detect magic in the room and next door (i.e., the knight’s room)
    Spoiler: Status
    Show
    Str 10 Dex 16 Con 12 Int 18 Wis 12 Cha 10
    AC 13 HP 16 Init +11 Move 30' / F +2 R +4 W +4
    Spells (4/2+1): detect magic, message, ghost sound, mage hand; enlarge person, silent image, color spray
    Skills: Arcana/Planes +12; Local/Religion/Nature/Dungeon/History +10; Geo/Eng/Nob +10; Spellcraft +9
    Teleport: 7/7
    Effect: low-light vision
    Life is ... life. As always bot/cut as necessary.
    DM: "Why do you have so many characters?"
    Me: "Because I never embraced the strategic value of running away."

Fare thee well, N_R ... you will missed!y

3. - Top - End - #303
    Ettin in the Playground

Salem retrieved his bow and nocked an arrow, and followed the others' lead in disguising himself. He chose the appearance of a different man, still human and of an age and bearing to match his real voice, along with the uniform of a simple Talingarde foot soldier.

4. - Top - End - #304
    Firbolg in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Oghash watches her allies shift their appearances at her suggestion, smiles (a frightening site to say the least), and does the same. After taking on the appearance of a significantly wounded human warrior-woman she nods stoically and whispers, "I'll let one of you do the talking..." Then she takes up a positions to the side of the door and starts cleaning her ax carefully, keeping it handy but trying to look the part of a cooperative, if violently-inclined, mercenary.

5. - Top - End - #305
    Titan in the Playground

Pulling open the door you see a simple room beyond. Again its ~30ft square but there is a simple bed, a chamber pot and small table with a pair of cheap wooden chairs and a half eaten meal. Inside the room standing opposite the door is a towering man in battered plate, a long flowing cloak down his shoulders marked with the eagle of the Mitran church. Around his neck is a beautiful wrought sapphire and gold necklace, clearly the one you were looking for! The man you all recognise, Sir Balin! A proud Knight of Alerion and one that had a hand in seeing several of you captured.

Clutching his sword he looks at you all in your disguies, "Who are you? How did you get here? Are you here to resuce me?"
    Thanks to Emperor Ing for the nice Avatar

6. - Top - End - #306
    Ogre in the Playground

Devil

Also activating his disguise, Sarris allows his wounds to remain mostly visible. "It took us a while, and we had to cut through a few guards, but we found you."

Spoiler: OoC
    Show
    Bluff (1d20+7)[13]

Two wrongs don't make a right, but three lefts do.

He who laughs last doesn't get the joke.

Spoiler: Stuff I Wrote
    Show
    Elite Races

Goliaths [Part One, Part Two]
    Axiomite
    Nephilim

7. - Top - End - #307
    Ettin in the Playground

"We've not seen the last of their guards, by Mitra we've not." Salem feigned nervous concern for their flanks and kept a mock-careful eye back the way they came.

Spoiler
    Show

Aiding the Bluff check: (1d20-1)[13]
    Last edited by Athaleon; 2021-05-08 at 11:44 PM.

8. - Top - End - #308

NecromancerGuy

Oghash tries to stay still, watching her allies for a cue that might suggest she needs to lash out with extreme violence, but content to remain quiet until then...

Spoiler: Mechanics
    Show
    I am not sure if this would be a Stealth check (1d20-1)[0] or just showing that she intends to attack in a surprise round (Initiative? (1d20+3)[8]). EIther way, she will NOT start a fight unless either one of the other party members makes it clear she should or the knight attacks first...

9. - Top - End - #309
    Titan in the Playground

Stvari stays near the back of the group, silently (for perhaps the first time in his adult life).

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Gonna at least give you guys a chance to bluff him before I just walk up and try to hit him with a sword and all.

10. - Top - End - #310
    Titan in the Playground

As Sarris and Salem both speak in their disguises Sir Balin's eyes narrow, sword lifting. "Who are you, speak true or face my wrath. I have been bound and captured here by those who would would worship the fallen evil. I will not be deceived any further." Muscles tensed he is clearly highly suspicious and ready for attack.

"Tell me of where we are held captive and how you came to be here."

11. - Top - End - #311
    Ogre in the Playground

Devil

Impatient and worn from the previous trials, Sarris puts his hand on his blade, ready to attack, advancing towards Sir Baking.

Spoiler
    Show
    Rolled initiative in OoC 17. Will use Fooldhardy Rush if necessary to close any gap, so that I can challenge and use iaijutsu strike on my action.

Show
    Elite Races

Axiomite
    Nephilim

12. - Top - End - #312
    Titan in the Playground

As the silence stretches, the disguised servants of Asmodeus all eyeing each other nervously the young Knight of Alerion finally snaps, and shouts. "You do not bear the blessings of Mitra, I can smell the stench of evil upon you...." Even as he begins to flick up his sword to strike Sarris and Svarti are faster still!

OOC
    He goes to attack, but Sarris and Svatri win the initiative

Sarris/Svarti
    THe young knight
    Rest of "team evil"

13. - Top - End - #313
    Titan in the Playground

Stvari, for only a moment, appears genuinely confused. "I bathed just last night!" he insists, bringing his own blade to bear. After a moment, the ugly Dwarf smirks. "Must be smellin' the elf."

Spoiler: Stvari, round 1
    Show
    Stvari Inhibiraj
    Male LE Dwarf Monk (Maneuver Master), Level 2, Init 2, HP 13/18, Speed 20
    AC 16, Touch 16, Flat-footed 14, CMD 21 ****, Fort 5, Ref 5, Will 7, CMB +5, Base Attack Bonus 1
    Unarmed Strike +5 (1d6+4, x2)
    Temple sword +5 (1d8+4, 19-20, x2) (trip friendly)
    Flurry of Trip/dirty trick +6/+6 (-, )
    (+2 Dex, +4 Natural)
    Abilities Str 18, Dex 15, Con 14, Int 16, Wis 18, Cha 6
    Condition Hardy, Stability, Dimdweller, Shadowhunter, Evasion
    Ki pool: 1/1
    Stunning fist: 2/2

Two maneuver attempts with the temple sword, starting with trip:
    (1d20+6)[14]
    (1d20+6)[22]

I can't actually replace one with a normal attack, but if the first attempt succeeds, I'll use dirty trick to sicken with the second.

14. - Top - End - #314
    Ogre in the Playground

Devil

In a swift motion, Sarris draws and slices faster than the eye can see, aiming to cut down the knight.

Spoiler
    Show
    Challenge, Iaijutsu strike, should be in striking range from Foolhardy Rush.

Attack roll (1d20+9)[24]
    Crit? (1d20+9)[26]
    Damage (1d10+9)[13] slashing and (1d6)[3] precision damage
    If crit, add [/roll]1d10+9[/roll] slashing damage.

Show
    Elite Races

Axiomite
    Nephilim

15. - Top - End - #315
    Ettin in the Playground

Salem dropped his pretense when the others did, uttering a vile curse in Infernal—one of the first words he learned in that tongue and by far the one he used most often—as he raised his bow to shoot down the knight.

Spoiler
    Show

Using Fervor to cast Divine Favor on himself as a Swift Action, then using Rapid Shot.

Attack: (1d20+8)[12]
    Damage: (1d8+3)[7]

Attack: (1d20+8)[13]
    Damage: (1d8+3)[4]

16. - Top - End - #316
    Titan in the Playground

Stavri and Sarris are quick to act in unison as Sir Balin moves to attack, both switching to surround the hapless confused knight! Stavri lashes out Balin's heavy greave armoured legs, the first sweep thunking off the knights shins before the second sends him sprawling to the ground, as if he'd been waiting for the opportunity Sarris is there, blade whispering out his sheath at his waist and Only Balin's heavy steel gorget stops the blade from taking off his head, instead it cleaves into his chest leaving a jagged blood slash between two of the steel plates.

Balin grunts, "Swine, Mitra protect me!" he bellows as he rolls over, shield aloft and swings his sword clumslily seeking to cleave into both Sarris and Stavri before lumbering to his feet relying on the shield to protect him from the worst f the damage.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show

He is tripped, then hit by Sarris

CLEAVE vs Sarris and Stavri (inc. penalty to attack from prone)
    Vs Stavri (1d20+7)[8] dam (1d8+7)[12]
    Vs Sarris (1d20+7)[11] dam (1d8+7)[15]

Then stan up drawing AoO from sarris and Stavri

OOC
    Stavri and Sarris get AoO, all the party actr and I'll sort the order out for the end of Round 1 and the start of Round 2

17. - Top - End - #317
    Titan in the Playground

Stvari grunts, grinning sourly. "Don' think she kin hear ya, lad." His blade lashes out again and again, harrying the fallen knight even as he attempts to rise.

Spoiler: Stvari, round 2
    Show
    Stvari Inhibiraj
    Male LE Dwarf Monk (Maneuver Master), Level 2, Init 2, HP 13/18, Speed 20
    AC 16, Touch 16, Flat-footed 14, CMD 21 ****, Fort 5, Ref 5, Will 7, CMB +5, Base Attack Bonus 1
    Unarmed Strike +5 (1d6+4, x2)
    Temple sword +5 (1d8+4, 19-20, x2) (trip friendly)
    Flurry of Trip/dirty trick +6/+6 (-, )
    (+2 Dex, +4 Natural)
    Abilities Str 18, Dex 15, Con 14, Int 16, Wis 18, Cha 6
    Condition Hardy, Stability, Dimdweller, Shadowhunter, Evasion
    Ki pool: 1/1
    Stunning fist: 2/2

AOO: (1d20+5)[19] temple sword
    (1d20+5)[25] CC (24+, x2)
    (1d8+6)[10] damage (used two-handed)
    (1d8+6)[13] crit bonus

Two maneuver attempts with the temple sword again, starting with trip:
    (1d20+6)[15]
    (1d20+6)[19]

I can't actually replace one with a normal attack, but if the first attempt succeeds, I'll use dirty trick to sicken with the second.

18. - Top - End - #318

NecromancerGuy

Spoiler: Round 1, Oghash's Status
    Show
    Oghash ("Fiendclaw" in Orcish)
    Female Chaotic Evil Half-Orc Bloodrager, Level 2, Init 3, HP 3+6/24+6, Speed 30 ft. (40 ft. base)
    AC 13, Touch 7, Flat-footed 12, CMD 15, Fort 10, Ref 3, Will 4, CMB +8, Base Attack Bonus 2
    Greataxe +7 (1d12+12, 20/x3)
    Chainmail, (+6 Armor, +1 Dex, -2 Rage)
    Abilities Str 23, Dex 12, Con 20, Int 8, Wis 10, Cha 12
    Condition Bloodrage (7/8 Rounds Used Today)
    Power Attack
    Charge

"TIME TO START THE KILLING!" Oghash roars as she charges the knight with murder in her mad eyes! Her many wounds look no better than before, but from her approach one could assume she means to end the fight before additional wounds will matter...

Spoiler: Mechanics
    Show
    Charge and flank, if possible. Rolls do NOT include a flanking bonus - please apply them if it's possible.

Greataxe (w/Power Attack and Charge): (1d20+9)[27] to hit, (1d20+9)[24] (20/x3), (1d12+12)[23] slashing damage, (2d12+24)[37] critical strike damage

19. - Top - End - #319
    Ogre in the Playground

Devil

Easily dodging the Knight's clumsy swing, Sarris uses the opportunity to swing downward at him, hoping to put him down permanently.

Spoiler: Attack of Opportunity
    Show
    Not sure if it will matter, but I am assuming this is against Flat-footed AC, since he is standing up from prone.

Attack roll (1d20+9)[25]
    Crit? (1d20+9)[12]
    Damage (1d10+9)[14] slashing
    If crit, add (1d10+9)[19] slashing damage

Show
    Elite Races

Axiomite
    Nephilim

20. - Top - End - #320
    Titan in the Playground

The savagery of Svarti, Oghash and Sarris is too much for the hapless Sir Balin, even as he lashes out with the heavy cleaving blade from the ground he tries to struggle to his feet once more, even as he does so Sarrisa nd Svarti both slash at him despite the heavy plate both landing savage blows that leave blood dripping and poolingon the floor. Sir Balin's face pales as blood pours from his wounds, but he steps back ready for to face them once more.

The savage roar from behind terrifies him tough as he looks up as Oghash charges, the massive orc warrior hewing at him with the axe as large as he, the shield is smashed out of the way before the axe buries itself in his un-helmed head and with his skull caved in his mangled body is smashed to the ground!

Both AoO hit sadly (i shouldn't have gone for the cleave! which leaves him on 8 hps before Oghash's attack!

As his body cools on the ground you are able to take a moment and look around the room and see the small wooden bed, a tray of half eaten food and a chamber pot and wash pot. You realise that the Cardinal must have kept the man penned up here awaiting your arrival. A sign of twisted humour or a sign of dark genius who plans far ahead! You also can see around Balin's neck the heavy silver and sapphire holy symbol of Mitra that you realise must be the one you were sent to retrieve.

Also present is a MW longsword, A blue cloak of resistance +1, MW full plate

21. - Top - End - #321

NecromancerGuy

With a yank that is a bit more violent than necessary, Oghash pulls her axe free of the late-knight's head with a satisfied grin. "Ah, that feels good," she grunts, huffing as she catches her breath again. "Balin was a right bastard - he's one of the two I blame for going to Branderscar..." the half-orc looks at Stvari with open dislike as she cleans the worst of the grime off her blade. "That sword looks sharp, but I think I want his calves more. They'll make nice steaks tonight. Think the Master will allow that?"

With an tired-sounding sigh, Oghash sits down on the bed, staring at the others intently. With several bad wounds, the berserker looks to be done for the day, violence-wise, but seems remarkably comfortable with her companions, showing very little of the distrust and surly attitude she had before. The only one she seems to watch more closely is Stvari, though perhaps that is just because of their history...

22. - Top - End - #322
    Titan in the Playground

Stvari looks down at the broken form lying in a pool of its own blood. "Dunno how he got ya down here, but you shoulda fought harder then." He shrugs, turning away and catches Oghash' glare. A snort of amusement escapes his broad nose. ""Told ya, they paid really well. Kinda starting to figure why, truth be told. He offers her a nod of appreciation and a slightly amused grimace as the hulking woman reclaims her blade.

Without much ado, he reaches down and snatches the amulet from the slain man's neck. "He's been here a while," Stvari mutters. "If that's not encouragement to stay on Thorn's good side, I don't know what is. Let's take this back up and be done with it."

23. - Top - End - #323
    Titan in the Playground

Stripping the body down you wearily head back the way you came in, past the myriad rooms with various traps and deceptions. It does make you wonder at the power and resources of the Cardinal to have such a complex hidden in his gardens under the very nose of the Mitran church, clearly he's blessed by the Dark Lord Asmodeous to be able to keep such things secret!
    Returning to the surface you see the charming Tiadora has departed but one of the slaves nods dumbly at seeing the holy symbol clutched in the dwarf's meaty hand.
    "Come, the master awaits" the servant mutters, voice flat nd emotionless matching the servant's dead eyes.

Leading you back into the hose, heedless of the blood and filth you are trekking in you are led to the study where once more the bald man dressed in red and black finery emblazoned brazenly with the symbols of the Lord of the Nine welcomes you. Adrastus sits in his study seeming almost as he has moved not an inch from where he gave you your orders at dusk yesterday. “You’ve returned.”

Gesturing for the symbol the high priest holds the trinket and pauses as if in deep contemplation. He watches the holy symbol glitter in the light. “A pretty enough thing, eh?” he muses. “This is a holy symbol of Mitra in particular the sort favored by the Knights of the Alerion. Perhaps you already knew that." His face curls into a near snarl as he stares at the gleaming mithral symbol, “Remember this symbol. This is the mark of those who destroyed our faith and sought to banish all trace of the worship of our Father from these shores. These, my friends, are your enemies.”

He tosses the holy symbol back to Stavri and waves carelessly. “Keep it. It may aid you in disguising yourself.” Then he clicks a finger and another dead eyed servant appears this time with trays of deep red wine, He smiles. “You have done well. Escaping from Branderscar, slaughtering Sir Balin … yes, you are worthy. Now, let us complete your training…”

24. - Top - End - #324
    Titan in the Playground

Stvari catches the symbol with surprising dexterity- perhaps especially for a Dwarf. "Aye," he grunts, his wide, ugly face beginning to spread into an odd grin. He nods a head towards the servant. "What's in the bottles?"

25. - Top - End - #325
    Ogre in the Playground

Devil

Wiping off some of the gore and blood from his armor, Sarris chimes in, "Maybe next time I could get something to help see in that accursed darkness. My dumb human eyes are not as well adapted as my more exotic compatriots. Using lights serves to give away position, and I'd rather not make myself an immediate target."

Show
    Elite Races

Axiomite
    Nephilim

26. - Top - End - #326
    Titan in the Playground

The Cardinal eyes the dwarf and shrugs, pouring a glass of the wine and taking a long sip. "Merely a fine vintage Master dwarf. One from the southern sunny counties I believe. I am not a monster, I enjoy the niceties of life as much as any." As Sarris mutters about the darkness Thorn sneers, "You must overcome your weakness. Master your strength. These are things that Tiadora will teach over the coming weeks. You have the power to be my 9th knot, my glorious Nessian's, and I have a mission of vital importance for you but you must first prepare. You must train, you must master your skills and only then will you be ready for what I have planned. But..." he raises a glass, "What I have planned will see the Mitran's and the Knights of Alerion fall in fire and blood till the continent drowns in it."

27. - Top - End - #327

NecromancerGuy

Oghash stands up from the bed and follows the others out, dragging the body of the dead knight to the servants at the entrance of the dungeon. "Have someone cut his calves off and prepare them as steaks - cooked rare, with lots of spices - for my dinner. Understand?" she orders the dominated servants nearby before continuing to an audience with Cardinal Thorne. Once there she lowers her eyes submissively until recognized and then silently listens as their success and upcoming training are discussed.

At the description of "dumb human eyes" she glares angrily at Sarris, unwilling to mention her own, un-orcish limitations. She doesn't speak up, but instead nods and grins viciously at the Cardinal's description of the fall of Mitra and the Knights. "May it be as you command, Great One!" she says with enthusiasm before they are dismissed.

Spoiler: OoC
    Show
    I assume that healing will be administered and the additional training will happen behind the scenes? Do you need much more posted in character?

28. - Top - End - #328
    Titan in the Playground

The Cardinal grins, especially at Oghash's mute acceptance of his authority. Then he nods, "Enjoy your well earned rest this night," and a second more chilling "Your leg of knight is ready Oghash, my servants shall prepare it for you as best they can."

You rest for the night, feasting on Knight of Alerion, drinking the wine and in the morning Tiadora welcomes you. "Your training will begin. You have the right clay and now you shall be moulded into weapons ready to strike against the sun of Mitra." She smiles a cruel smile and then begins laying out what will be occupying your time. The lessons begin soon after as you begin your training, learning new weapons, being taught the noble houses of Alerion and the ways of he book of Nessus.... training montage

Its a long 6 weeks and you end each day exhausted, both from the mental exertion and the physical activity before you finally get the news that the Cardinal has returned to the Manse and is ready to see you. He demands your presence this evening

29. - Top - End - #329
    Ettin in the Playground

Once Sir Balin had succumbed to the group's onslaught, Salem gave him a swift, savage kick to the head to ensure he was dead. Then another, for spite. Then he spat on the fallen knight's face.

"'s what you get for sticking your nose where it don't belong. Should've stayed in your cushy southern courts, you ****."

============

When they were brought before the Cardinal for congratulations, Salem allowed himself a small but genuine smile. "We're honored by your trust, lord. May we earn the power to crush these fools."

30. - Top - End - #330
    Titan in the Playground

After six long weeks Tiador bids you to come and meet your Master Cardinal Thorn and has fine clothes in dark blacks and reds laid out for you. Heading down she leads you not into the study but into the dining room where surrounded by the bookshelves of ancient tomes a feasting table has been piled high for you all. The Cardinal Adratus Thorn at one end and Tiadora in diaphanous silks taking a seat at the other. As you enter the Cardinal stands and motions for you to take your drinks. "Come, let us seal the forging of the Nessian knot with blood and fire!"

At his words he beckons one of the servants forwards and the hapless young man kneels down in front of the fireplace in the centre of the fine woolen rug that Akmathi notices bears a silver filigree woven pattern in the shape of the Asmodean star and the boy kneels in the centre. The Cardinal begins intoning words of power and beside the servant the air seems to ripple before with a savage screaming of souls a creature of nightmares, a barbed devil, a manlike creature studded with spikes all over its green scaled back leaps out and falls upon the servant ripping into the man who falls without a sound bar the tearing of flesh and crunching of tooth on bone.

Tiadora approaches the edge of the symbol that shimmers now with power and suddenly stabs forward with a silver athame, the tip devil roaring in shock as the tip tears into and is coated devils blood that sizzles. Seconds later Thorn utters a single word of power and the bearded devil is sucked back through the portal leaving only the smell of brimstone and slaughter behind. Tiadora, wordlessly scoops some of the blood into a chalice and mixes in the devil's viscera before approaching each of you. She grins as she then adorns your forehead with the mixture that burns slightly. As she does so the Cardinal follows and offers a strangely personal embrace to each of you and a what seems like a blessing as he touches lips to your foreheads. "Behold" his voice speaks out, echoing around the room, "My Nessian knot is forged..."

As the ceremony ends and he waves you to eat. Great platters of cooked meat, and a leg of very rare servant for Oghash the Cardinal nods to the window where in the dim twighlight you can see what looks like a longship, a dragon's fearsome face carved on its prow just morning on the river close to the mansion grounds. Excellent timing. I can now tell you of the first steps in our great plan to bring down the continent. "
    Taking a sip of wine he waves a hand and a shimmering floating image of the map of Talingrade appears, the vision focusing on the northern border where the Watch Wall defends the northern kingdowm from the savage lands of the far north where the beastmen, the orc and the giant lair.

“Training is at an end. You have proven yourself worthy. Now, it is time for you to use that training and take on your first mission. Your mission is war, my children. You will bring war to Talingarde. You have two objectives.
    First, you will see a shipment of munitions delivered to a bugbear chieftain named Sakkarot Fire-Axe. He makes his camp on the northern coast of Lake Tarik beyond the Watch Wall. With this shipment, the Fire-Axe will have resources enough to unite the barbarous humanoid tribes of the north and light the fire of war.

He pauses to gesture at the newly arrived longship. “Sitting on the dock as we speak is the longship Frosthamar captained by Kargeld Odenkirk. Tomorrow when the ship is resupplied it will be your transport. The captain is a ruthless mercenary and not to be trusted. He knows nothing of the specifics of our mission and you should keep it that way. He knows he is smuggling cargo to the north beyond the Watch Wall. That is all he need know. Once the cargo is safely delivered, he will take you just south across the lake under cover of darkness and land you near the town of Aldencross. There our contract with Captain Odenkirk will be concluded.

“It is shame how greedy he has proven. I had hoped to let the captain serve me again but it seems he is too much of a liability. Kill him. Kill his crew. Burn his ship and leave no survivors. It is crucial that no one suspects our involvement and that loose ends are taken care of. Be sure to reclaim the coin I gave him. Best not to be wasteful. That done, you will begin your second task. We will do more still to aid our ally the Fire-axe. The bugbears are mighty warriors but poor siege engineers. You will infiltrate the tower Balentyne, keystone of the Watch Wall, kill its commander and open the gate for Sakkarot’s horde. Once the shaggy monstrosities pierce the Watch Wall, the bugbears will pillage and lay waste to the townships of the north and the local garrisons will have no choice but to meet the Fire-Axe in the open field. Sakkarot is the most brilliant, gifted and murderous bugbear of his generation. I expect these battles will go poorly for the knights and yeoman of fair Talingarde.

“Do all of this and then when your task is done, break this clay seal.” He hands them a delicately carved clay seal adorned with a tangled knot of thorns surrounding the holy symbol of Asmodeus. “I will have more instructions then. Succeed and I will see you rewarded handsomely. Fail or betray me and you will pray for the comfort of Hell before I am done with you. The mission you start upon today is a holy mission. The people of Talingarde think they have seen the last of the mighty Asmodeus. Soon enough we will remind them that there is no escaping the grasp of Hell. Let us toast our success.”

He pours one glass of deep red wine for each of you and then finally pours one for himself. He raises the glass and offers a toast.
    “To war.”