New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 15 of 29 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141516171819202122232425 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #421
    Titan in the Playground

ClericGuy

Default Re: DrK Way of Wicked Take 2 IC

Ahkmathi Sek, Elven Conjurist

Ahkmathi nodded in satisfaction at the defeat of the chieftain, but sighed expressively at the sudden surrendering. Weren't these spear wielding zealots supposed to fight to the death? Shaking his head, he peered at the cloud that was dissipating soon, filled with dark smoke with sparkling red and orange motes. Calling upon a cantrip, suddenly the cloud was filled with whispers ... promises of wealth ... power ... glory ... fame ... all for the price of bending the knee. And who better to bend the knee to than a glorious warrior?
    "Raise your axe high, Oghash. Demand fealty from this lot and send them back home to pay tribute to you for Lord Asmodeus ... in the blood of those who will not join them."

OOC - Casting ghost sound to make sounds of voices promising all the good stuff for their allegiance. Timing it to let the clouds dissipate in time to see Oghash standing in full, bloody glory over the dead body of the chief and the cowering seer and other tribesman

Spoiler: Status
    Show
    Str 10 Dex 16 Con 12 Int 18 Wis 12 Cha 10
    AC 13 (17) HP 16 Init +11 Move 30' / F +2 R +4 W +4
    Spoiler: Spells (4/3+1/2+1)
    Show
    0: detect magic, message, ghost sound, mage hand
    1: enlarge person, silent image, grease, color spray
    2: flaming sphere; euphoric cloud

Skills: Arcana/Planes +13; Local/Religion/Nature/Dungeon +12; History/Engineering +11; Geo/Nobility+10; Spellcraft +10
    Teleport: 7/7
    Effect: ghost sounds w/ cloud; grease (28 rounds); low-light vision
    Last edited by Starbin; 2021-09-24 at 10:56 AM.
    Life is ... life. As always bot/cut as necessary.
    DM: "Why do you have so many characters?"
    Me: "Because I never embraced the strategic value of running away."

Fare thee well, N_R ... you will missed!y

2. - Top - End - #422
    Firbolg in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Oghash takes a deep breath, her feral, manic grin still fixed as she looks at the broken body of the tribal attacker. A barely perceptible fatigue comes over her as she ends her bloodrage, but she raises her voice and proclaims, "The King of Hell's chosen win again, in his name! You there!" she gestures with her greataxe at the surrendering warrior, his befuddled allies, and the skewered witch. "Submit yourselves to his will and serve him in life and death. Give up or I will kill you now!"

She waits several moments, catching her breath and waiting for a response from the tribesfolk. As she waits she walks purposefully to the seer and looks down on her from the ground. "Stvari will kill you if you don't give up, and if you try to trick us I will eat your fingers while you watch. Swear yourself to Asmodeus or suffer - what is your answer? Now! You lead these men now and they follow. Save their lives and yours..."

Spoiler: OoC
    Show
    The italic text is intended to be a quotation from Oghash' brief study of the unholy texts of Asmodeus. She doesn't entirely understand them, but knows vaguely what they mean.

Intimidate vs the seer: (1d20+6)[14] (with some likely situational bonuses).

3. - Top - End - #423
    Titan in the Playground

The tribespeople, still confused by the smoke and fog and awed by the ease which with Oghash has smashed their champion to the ground drop to their knees. The seer looking up at Stavri, a look of confusion on her face. Who is this Asmodeus you speak of..." she looks genuinely confused and you realise that the Ice folk have their Gods and spirits and are probably only aware of some of the tribal gods and Mitra.

Rollo looks at the "Knot" with a grin. "Aye, you smashed him good. What you wanting? You wanting these likely lads to join your crew?"

The tribes people slowly approach Oghash, looking around in worry at the howls and sounds from Ahkmathi's ghost sounds and kneel before Oghash, one of them muttering in broken common "Korgan favours you, blood calls blood and you are the favoured one.."

Are you wanting them to join your crew?
    Thanks to Emperor Ing for the nice Avatar

4. - Top - End - #424

NecromancerGuy

Oghash begins to look more confident as the tribesfolk respond with submission. "Asmodeus is the Arch-Fiend, the First, and our master! He rewards the strong and rules the weak! Swear to obey him - now! - or die like that one!" she declares, gesturing at the broken, bleeding body of her fallen foe. "Only that will save you from the wrath of Asmodeus - and us!"

Turning briefly to Rollo, Oghash grins viciously. "Pay attention - this is their chance. When will it be your turn?" she says, a bit quietly, between her bared teeth...

Spoiler: OoC
    Show
    I could continue with Intimidate checks, if desired, at +6 (personal modifiers only) if needed. Oghash is expecting immediate and overt submission from the tribesfolk. Once they have sworn themselves to Asmodeus - which she understands to be binding, even if they don't - then the discussion of what is to be done with the rest of the tribe can happen.

The threat to Rollo and the other sailors is meant to be both encouraging (based on her efforts to proselytize) and threatening (playing off the PCs' performances in the last several encounters. I'd like it to be more encouraging than not - we still need to sleep on the way to our destination - but if we have to kill a Sailor or two before heading back to the ship to accomplish this, Oghash won't mind.

5. - Top - End - #425
    Titan in the Playground

ClericGuy

While having a group of tribesmen pledged to their cause might seem a logistical nightmare, Ahkmathi considered the opportunities. First, they could convince them to shed blood in the name of the Dark Lord, both at home and afar. Second, if they were to come with them, the Knot would have more resources to throw against the crew, once they moved to eliminate them. Of course, if their efforts to corrupt the crew bore fruit, they might end up with a larger group of devoted followers to utilize at some later date.

But then, what to do with them? Send them to the tribe's home to lay waste to any who do not join? Find a sanctuary that they could retreat to, should the Mithrans prove too powerful to defeat in the near term ... or should Thorn decide their own Knot was no longer necessary? Crew the ship and have them wreck havoc up and down the coast? Too many options, and too many benefits, for a true believer to ignore the potential gains. For now, it was likely best he support Oghash's efforts. But later, the group would need to discuss this further. Especially before they made any decisions that might impact their mission.

OOC - Recasting ghost sound out of line-of-sight, to create continued whispers, all saying "Worship the Dark Lord" ...

Show
    Show

Skills: Arcana/Planes +13; Local/Religion/Nature/Dungeon +12; History/Engineering +11; Geo/Nobility+10; Spellcraft +10
    Effect: ghost sounds (3 rounds, on repeat ); low-light vision

6. - Top - End - #426
    Titan in the Playground

Stvari nods, his expression grim, but one of contentment. "I'd call it wise. Things are changing, on the mainland and asea. Best be ready for what comes, given the choice, eh?"

7. - Top - End - #427
    Titan in the Playground

The seer rises to her knees slowly, and bows to Stavri and the others of the knot. "My new masters... what would have you us do. We are but a small tribe, though with a mighty ancestry." She pauses waiting and watching, wincing still and holding her bloodied leg.

Behind Akthami and Oghash Rollo and the other men look at the fur clad tribes people and nod. "If the little men want to man the oars we say eye.." he offers. The men around him make a few comments, clearly directed at the seer relating as to why they would welcome her aboard the vessel.

8. - Top - End - #428

NecromancerGuy

Oghash smiles a decidedly unfriendly smile down at the defeated shaman. Gesturing to Ahkmathi, Salem, Stvari, and herself, she says quietly, "The four of us are your masters - not them," finishing the statement by looking at the sailors deliberately. The half-orc stares into the woman's face challengingly until the shaman lowers her eyes in submission and confirmation.

Once the shaman submits, Oghash speaks up, this time directing her words so all can hear. "First, you will butcher the body of the man I killed," she says, roughly reaching down and dragging the woman up, heedless of her injuries. The two woman approach the body of the defeated warrior and Oghash forces the woman back down. "Your old name is dead - you're now Hald. Understand? Alright...now take his own weapons and cut out the heart and liver - we will eat those raw."

Oghash then forces the shaman to comply, supervising the process and using all her considerable strength and menace to make Hald obey and eat from the flesh of the dead tribal champion. Once Hald is utterly broken and has finished, the two women continue to cut off the big muscles and Oghash makes Hald call over the tribesmen. "Each of you will eat or die too," Oghash commands, looking to Hald expectantly to make sure each man has a share. As the men eat Oghash gives them all new names too, making it clear that they will learn and only use their new names from now on. As they eat Oghash carefully inspects the man's belongings, looting anything of value and giving it to the other three members of the Knot as she indoctrinates the tribesmen.

Only after all of the new Asmodeans have utterly debased themselves and partaken of the grisly meal does Oghash stop, turning to Hald and bringing her back to the others of the Ninth Knot. "You have served me today. Now it is their turn. Do as they command and be sure the men obey too," she commands before turning to Rollo and the sailors.

"They are ours now. Hald is coming on your boat, so get over it. If the Knot isn't using them, you may have the men row, I don't care. But Hald serves us personally. Got it?"

Spoiler: Mechanics and OoC
    Show
    First, if this is too much, I can edit/spoiler/re-write it. I do not intend to make everything this involved, but I wanted to be sure to hit a couple of the important points, as follows:

• The tribesfolk are beholden to the Ninth Knot and Asmodeus, only, from this point on.
    • I don't care what their names were - they're all getting new names.
    • This is supposed to break them. The goal is that they can never go back to what they had before.

I recommend we do something to mark them all too - a scar or tattoo of a pentagram (Asmodeus' Unholy Symbol) on their foreheads or something would work. Something impossible to hide and of which they would either be ashamed or grimly proud. I recommend one of the other PCs do this - Oghash has probably done enough.

Do we want to attack the tribal village or anything? That is probably off book, but I'm game if DrK and the rest of you are interested.

Do I need to roll any checks to make all this happen? Intimidate checks, Strength checks, etc...?

How many total additional men are there? I figure we should track this...

9. - Top - End - #429
    Titan in the Playground

ClericGuy

Once it became obvious what the rager planned, Ahkmathi turned and headed towards the sailors. It wasn’t that it turned his stomach, although he had no desire to witness cannibalism. It wasn’t because it was too shocking, because he had seen worse. It was because conversion was a personal thing, and needed to be tailored to each individual. The sailors might be overwhelmed by these displays, and might serve to complicate their mission.

”Attend the seals and bounty. Quickly, least the Captain began to worry at our absence and think about departing.”

OOC - For now, Oghash can corrupt without an audience.

Show
    Show

Effect: low-light vision

10. - Top - End - #430
    Titan in the Playground

Stvari smirked as Ahkmathi made his exit, no doubt misunderstanding the lithe wizard's intentions. For his own part, the ugly Dwarf watched intently, standing nearby as Oghash drove the tribesmen to their first act of undeniable depravity. Stvari fingered the hilt of his blade in a disturbingly light-hearted way, looking for signs of reluctance or hesitance among the new recruits.

At the first sight of any such sign, he steps forward quickly, leveling his broad-bladed sword at the unsure tribesman. "So am I hearing right that you'd like to be eaten as well?" The obvious threat prompts a brief and surprised silence. Stvari deliberately sheathes the huge blade and pulls out a wicked dagger, obviously more a ritual tool than a weapon. Grinning in true malevolence, he adds in a much quieter, almost hopeful voice, "I can make sure you're alive and awake for most of it."

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    As a devotee of Zon Kuthon (before signing his will away to Asmodeus), Stvari would be... well-versed in accomplishing exactly what he's threatened. For the most part, this is a bit of role-play and an opportunity to roll another intimidate check: (1d20+10)[15]

At this point, I'm content for DrK to resolve however he sees fit and press on.

11. - Top - End - #431
    Titan in the Playground

The tribes people spend an hour or so in grisly feasting, before they offer their forearms to bear the mark of asmodeus, Salem's holy symbol when heated proving admirable for the ask. Hald looks up at Oghash with a mixture of devition and hate as the brand sears her. "I will serve the knot mistress..." she utters along with the 6 surviving warriors. Oghash strips a fine silver necklace (100gp) and ivory torcs (200gp) from the dead war chief and can see his axes are well made (MW hand axes) but there is nothing magical there

As the feast and the branding goes on Rollo watches quietly, a look of unease on his face. "Woman and dwarf take tribe now? The Captain won't like the extra folk on the boat." Then more loudly he calls to Oghash, "Oghash, we must return to the longship, get your new followers to carry meat and tusks. The Captain awaits us!"

Hald looks to her new masters, "So masters, you take us from our tribal waters now do you? Will we never see our tribe or family once more?"

---

Shortly later you appear at the rocky coast near the Frosthamar and Odenkirk looks at the new arrivals and then with a narrowed pinched face at the Knot. "Who be these folk? You pick up strays? I don't have space on the Frosthamar for them. Get the meat on board then we can set sail, we have tarried too long as it is if we are to meet the Bugbears."

12. - Top - End - #432

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by DrK View Post
    [Hald]: "So masters, you take us from our tribal waters now do you? Will we never see our tribe or family once more?"
    Oghash says, "No, you won't come with us now, Hald." Screwing up her face as she struggles to think all this through she continues, "We have orders...you go back to your families and convert - or eat - them. Do it any way you can. Asmodeus is god of fire, magic, and trickery. Threaten or lie to bring others to him. Enchant the weak and make them slaves. Burn the homes of those who won't follow and bring them down upon their heads.

As you are ours now, they will be yours to command.
    " she quietly proclaims, looking to Ahkmathi and Salem for the next part. "Once all serve the Dark Lord, find us. We will be at Castle Balntyne, near the wall. When it is in ruins be there for your next orders."

[Rollo]: "Woman and dwarf take tribe now? The Captain won't like the extra folk on the boat."
    The half-orc answers, "No - but they will help carry the meat and spoils. They have another task, here. There is still a special place for the faithful onboard the ship..."

[Captain]"Who be these folk? You pick up strays? I don't have space on the Frosthamar for them. Get the meat on board then we can set sail, we have tarried too long as it is if we are to meet the Bugbears."
    "Not strays, but they're not coming either. Hayd," she points out the shaman woman, "serves our master, now. Once all the seal meat is onboard we can go." As she makes her announcement, Oghash looks pointedly at those sailors who have listened to her proselytizing without being fully moved. It's not an obvious threat, but her expression makes it clear that she has expectations that haven't yet been met...

As Hayd and the converted tribesfolk turn to return to their homes with a new, dark purpose, Oghash pulls aside Hayd for one moment more. "Hayd - your name means "fingers." When we next meet if my orders aren't done I will begin eating your fingers, one by one, while you watch. You will be lucky if all I do then is change your name to mean "less fingers" when I'm done snacking. Do not fail me - or Asmodeus."

With a toothy smile that isn't quite friendly, but is certainly more friendly Oghash concludes. "On the other hand, you are like us now - faithful to Asmodeus and his servant. Success will be rewarded, and great success rewarded greatly. Bring many more souls to the King of Hell and you will experience glory and power too. Now, go!"

Spoiler: Mechanics
    Show
    If you need to roll more checks, Intimidate is at +6. I'm leaning into this a bit heavily in the hopes that this pays off on more than one front. Ambition being a tenant of the Asmodean church and all, I hope to have this gamble work and result in additional resources down the line.

13. - Top - End - #433
    Titan in the Playground

ClericGuy

Ahkmathi raised an eyebrow at the Captain and his sudden rush. ”As I recall, it was your suggestion, nay proposal, that we take a day in these waters to fill our coffers with bounty. Let us see this bottle of your finest rum for Oghash and Stvari as we prepare to disembark."

OOC - Ready to move on ... but keeping an eye on the Capt and any others giving Oghash and the group the stink eye

Show
    Show

14. - Top - End - #434
    Titan in the Playground

Stvari frowns thoughtfully as Oghash proselytizes. In the end, he keeps his peace, content with her unlikely methods and even more unlikely decision to send new converts out without immediate guidance. He carries a markedly lighter load than anticipated back to the Frosthamar, and his mood is markedly improved for the change.

Stvari's tuneless whistling is interrupted by an ungracious snort as Ahkmathi jibes the captain. Finding himself growing more and more fond of his Elven companion, the snort grows into a quiet series of genuine chuckles. He swaggers onboard, keen on the idea of a bottle of rum to sooth the senses as they depart Seal Island. "And don't go actin' like 'man' meant human or male. Oghash could piss further than half your crew! It were a pleasant enough little outing, but I'd be lying to pretend that rum didn't sound choice right about now."

15. - Top - End - #435
    Titan in the Playground

As the discussion turns frosty its Salem who steps forward, a serious look in his face. ”My friends” he says, looking to the elf, dwarf and orc and pointedly not Odenkirk, “I can see what is needed. I shall travel with the seer and the tribe to preach if the Lord of Hell’s glory and bring them into the fold. When they are fully versed in our ways I shall send word and you can let us know where best to meet you and with them as many of the Tribes who have seen the true way.”

Odenkirk shrugs, ignoring the implied insult and snarls a brief “If you wish to leave them be quick about it, I will not miss the tide.” Salem offers a brief curt nod then a warmer departing goodbye to the rest of the knot.

As he leaves to the seer and the the tribespeople who fall in behind him you all wonder if you shall see him again?

— ————————-

It’s a long 6 further days at sea before you find the river mouth that leads into the hinterlands beyond the watch wall. Two days of rowing, Odenkirk and Rollo plying a thick hempen knout on the shoulders of the rowers sees you entering a vast lake shrouded in low fogs and ringed with thick pine covered hills and mountains.

Odenkirk makes for the northern shore where a myriad of smoke plumes can be seen that indicate a large force of creatures. Odenkirk growls a warning to his men to stay on his ship and the furry scum cannot be trusted and there be no women aboard. A look to the Knit, “Aye. The armies of the Fireaxe are in the woods, I can deliver my weapons and then after you spoke with filth I’ll take you south to the other side of the lake, then I’ll be done with you.”

His words prove to be true as the Frosthammar glides towards the shore. All along the rocky beach you can see crude shelters and tents coated with furs and rough woven blankets. Between the tents are hundreds of hulking hunched bugbears, mixed amongst them like adults amongs children and ugly looking ogres and bull headed shaggy minotaurs clutching massive axes. Scurrying around the bugbears and giant humanoid beasts are dozens of goblins all wearing variations of leather armour emblazoned with the star of Asmodeus and a bright red axe head.

As the Frosthammar approaches the beach,Odenkirk finding a natural cleft like harbour to pull into the beach fills slow with a furry crowd of goblinoids that jeer and snarl angrily looking at the boat. As the oars are shipped and a gangplank is dropped into the rocky beach a massive bugbear with a half dozen others in tow approaches the ship. He sniffs the air, looking at the Knot and Odenkirk with a snarl, ”Fools to come to Sarrakot’s horde. We kill you and feed flesh to ogres? Why have you journeyed here pink skins?”

16. - Top - End - #436

NecromancerGuy

Oghash, unfamiliar with emotions of affection but learning to appreciate her fellows in the 9th Knot, looks at Salem with a hard expression. "Bring glory to our Dark Lord in the name of the 9th Knot. Hayd should serve you well," she says with a growling tone, somewhere between fond and angry as the warpriest turns to leave. She glares angrily at the ship captain but bites her tongue, instead audibly growling as she passes him.

The passionate devotee of Asmodeus spends much of the next week speaking with the Sailors and trying to identify who, if any, will convert to her faith when pushed. Her newfound focus and deliberateness is sometimes broken by frustration and her bloodborne rage boiling over, but usually she seems to be in control of herself. It is with some relief that their goal comes into sight and she approaches the railing of the ship.

Show
    Continue to try and evangelize the Sailors. Can we get a rough idea of how much - if any - success we are having? Perhaps with long-term Sense Motive checks or something?
    Social skills check (-1 for Bluff or Diplomacy or +6 for Intimidate): (1d20)[18] or take 10/20 it allowed.
    Sense Motive: (1d20+4)[7] or take 10/20 it allowed.

Seeing all the tribal markings and rough, savage dwellings reminds the half-orc of her upbringing, and her expression and stance become clearly agitated. "I need to not talk to them," she tells Stvari and Ahkmathi. "If I do, I'm going to hurt or kill one of them. This is too much like my tribe...I ate them all, starting with my father. Do not let me risk the Great One's quest by losing control..." she warns, her expression like that of a feral animal being circled about by enemies.

When the large bugbear approaches an audible snarl exits Oghash's lips as she bares her teeth (large canines and all) at the furry humanoid. "Try it! Sarrakot will find pieces of you strewn across the river bank!" she says, quietly but only barely controlling herself...

17. - Top - End - #437
    Titan in the Playground

ClericGuy

Ahkmathi sighed inwardly at Oghash's plea. Of course even the simplest task could not be easy with this group. Glancing around, he realized they were a fairly lousy lot to parley with anyone, let alone blood-thirsty bugbears. But there was nothing for it but to press on. Stepping forward, the mage allow his illusion to ripple, showing off the medallion of Asmodeus, a copy to the one they all had received at some point during their training. With a motion, a glowing hand appeared in front of the lead bugbear's face; not in supplication or a sign of peace, but in an imperious gesture of 'hold.'

”Hold yourself, beast and watch your tongue least Oghash rip it out and eat it front of you and your kin. We seek Sarrakot - he is expecting our arrival. Quickly! The shadows lengthen and we have business, for we are all servants of the Dark Lord and he has plans that wait for no fools."

OOC - Let's do this.

PS - updated spells, since it was six days

Show
    Show
    2: flaming sphere, create pit, euphoric cloud

Last edited by Starbin; 2021-10-27 at 10:42 AM.

18. - Top - End - #438
    Titan in the Playground

Stvari joins Oghash in their odd evangelism over the course of the next almost week. More than a few times, the conversation wanders as a sailor notes the Dwarf's unfamiliar holy symbol during their interactions. "Oh that? Heh. I serve The Prince of Hell, but I worship The Prince of Pain. And before you ask, no, I don't particularly care to convince any of you to do the same. Neither bestows gifts lightly, but Asmodeus has the will to inflict his order upon the Mitrans. Zon Kuthon, insists only that I make them hurt. It's a delicate balance, but one I find to my liking."

He continues to encourage conversion from the sailors, though he voluntarily abdicates the most direct roles in favor of judging the authenticity of their new followers' faith.
    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    just gonna roll the sense motive: (1d20+9)[28]

Staring across the short span of water, the broad-shouldered Dwarf smirks. As Ahkmathi calls for Sarrakot, he turns to Oghash. "'Eh. He won't mind us culling a handful of idiots," he comments, perhaps to reassure her? Much too loudly to only be intended for her ears, he continues, "besides, I know it's tradition to put the idiots on rear watch duty, but usually they don't take it so hard!" He turns to the Bugbear on the shore and adds, "Please, do try it. I may never tire of watching Oghash humiliate fools."

19. - Top - End - #439
    Titan in the Playground

The stench from the camp, a mixture of beasts, dung and woodsmoke is overpowering and the bugbears personal aroma at the base of the gangplank only slightly less so . The bugear bear flexes his muscles and pulls out a large heavy spiked flail as he spits deliberately at Oghash. "Blood traitor, you should be in camp not with the pink skins...or the short beards" he snarls. Another couple of bugbears beside him pulling out a cleaver and a heavy looking axe behind him. The others form a loos circle at the base of the gang plank.

Aboard the deck Odenkirk sneers, "Dumb brutes. Every time they challenge. Wait here till the Fire Axe arrives, they are too stupid to fight..." However behind him you can see Rollo shaking his head. The 2nd mate and ~6 of the crew that had accompanied them on the seal hunt had become much more interested in Asmodus on the voyage, listening to Stavri, Oghash and Akhthami speak at length on the subject and all three had noticed Rollo now sporting the pointed star brand tatooted on his forearm (the tatoo still fresh and red and angry). Rollo looks to the Captain shaking his head, "No Capatain, respect is earned through strength. The mighty take what they need, these must be crushed to show who is worthy to rule..." As he speaks he looks to Oghash, Stavri and Ahkthami curious to see what they will do to these bugbears challenging them.

20. - Top - End - #440
    Titan in the Playground

ClericGuy

Ahkmathi snorted, walking back towards the ship and pausing for a moment. He started muttering loudly, words about the stupidity of bugbears and the lack of respect. He continued, moving to the gutteral tone of orcs, suggesting that violence begets violence, strength demands respect, and disrespect should be met with blood. Then he turned, changing to the infernal tongue, continuing a diatribe of hate and vitriol, while gesticulating wildly. As the mage raised his voice, he switched languages again, this time something archaic and vibrating with power. His motions became more precise and measured, then ended with an echoing shout.

As he quivered with rage, he stepped forward with a snarl, touching Oghash on her arm.
    ”Very well. You have chosen to ignore our attempts at civility. You have chosen to be made an example."

He release his will and energy flowed through Oghash, as she began to grow and dwarf all those around her. Ahkmathi continued, this time in the goblinoid tongue, his face a mask of disdain and pure hate. "You choose death. Enjoy, pig dogs!"

OOC - Enlarge person on Oghash as we posture. If we get the surprise round, Ahkmathi will follow with a color spray (DC 16 Will).

Initiative - 25

Show
    Show

Effect: enlarge person (Oghash, 30 rounds); low-light vision
    Last edited by Starbin; 2021-10-27 at 11:04 AM.

21. - Top - End - #441
    Titan in the Playground

Stvari looks over his shoulder and favors Rollo with a wide grin. "Aye, and we take what we want too, often enough."

He steps up beside Oghash, raising aloft a silver skull on a chain. "Witness your coming doom, and tremble! Your blood will feed the earth!" As his hands begin to glow faintly, he presses them to the butt of Oghash's mighty blade. "Not that you need the help, but I'm right behind you," he promises.

He saunters up to the edge of the gangplank, loosing and drawing his own blade as he walks- but leaving a clear path for Oghash to disembark however she pleases.

Spoiler: Stvari, round 1
    Show
    Stvari Inhibiraj
    Male LE Dwarf Monk (Maneuver Master)//Cleric, Level 3, Init 2, HP 25/25, Speed 30
    AC 16, Touch 16, Flat-footed 14, CMD 22 ****, Fort 6**, Ref 6**, Will 8**, CMB +7, Base Attack Bonus 2*
    Unarmed Strike +6 (1d6+4, x2)
    Temple sword +6 (+9 for trips) (1d8+4, 19-20, x2) (trip friendly)
    Flurry of Trip/dirty trick +7/+7 (-, )
    (+2 Dex, +4 Natural)
    Abilities Str 18, Dex 15, Con 14, Int 16, Wis 18, Cha 6
    Condition Hardy, Stability, Dimdweller, Shadowhunter
    Evasion
    Ki pool: 1/1
    Stunning fist: 2/2
    Maneuver defense: gain AoOs for dirty trick and trip, even when usually not
    Most of the spells aren't on the list yet.

Casting Weapon of Awe on Oghash's soon-to-be-enlarged blade.
    Drawing my own blade while moving forward.

22. - Top - End - #442

NecromancerGuy

Spoiler: Oghash's Status at beginning of combat
    Show
    Oghash ("Fiendclaw" in Orcish)
    Female Chaotic Evil Half-Orc Bloodrager/Oracle, Level 3, Init 3, HP 18+9/34+9, Speed 30 ft. (40 ft. base)
    AC 12, Touch 5, Flat-footed 12, CMD 17, Fort 10, Ref 3, Will 7, CMB +11, Base Attack Bonus 3
    Masterwork Greataxe +12 (3d6+17, 20/x3)
    Claws +10 (1d6+11, 20/x2)
    Chainmail +1, Heavy Steel Shield (+7 Armor, +1 Dex, -1 Size, -2 Misc)
    Abilities Str 25, Dex 10, Con 21, Int 8, Wis 10, Cha 12
    Condition Bloodrage (1/10 Rounds Used Today)
    Power Attack
    Charge

Divine Favor (+1 Luck Bonus to hit/damage, +1 from Fate's Favored trait)
    Enlarge Person
    Weapon of Awe

As Ahkmathi's spell causes Oghash to grow, she bares her teeth - a terrifying sight - and nods with the words of the rest of the 9th Knot. "Yes! Asmodeus gives me his favor!" she says, not yet bellowing, but her magically enhanced voice carrying with a deep rumble that can be felt as much as heard.

When it's clear that combat is about to begin, she predictably goes berserk (Bloodrage) and charges the nearest offending enemy - probably the bugbear speaking earlier... "The blood sings in my teeth!"

Show
    Cast Divine Favor, gaining an extra +1 from her Fate's Favored trait.

Initiative (roll twice and take better from War Sight Revelation: (1d20+3)[18], (1d20+3)[19]

When it's time to kill someone, Oghash will activate Bloodrage, Power Attack, and charge/leap to attack the nearest enemy
    Enlarged MW Greataxe: (1d20+14)[32] to hit, (1d20+14)[28] (20/x3), (3d6+17)[25] slashing damage, (6d6+34)[58] critical strike damage (and shaken for one round)

If anything incurs an AoO: Enlarged MW Greataxe: (1d20+12)[15] to hit, (1d20+12)[18] (20/x3), (3d6+17)[29] slashing damage, (6d6+34)[56] critical strike damage (and shaken for one round)

23. - Top - End - #443
    Titan in the Playground

The fight (as it were) is brutally short. Oghash swells as she chants a war chant, her axe beginning to glow and drip with spectral blood as Stavri and Oghash both summon magics to enhance it. The bugbears sling their weapons and ready to meet her but with a contemptuous wave of his hand scintillating colours erup from the elf's hand and three of bugbears collapse unconcious and unseeing, the other two have a worse fate. The first is cloven in twain by the massive axe and the scond one, brave but stupid advances within Oghash's prodigious reach and is summarily hacked in half with a single sweeping blow from her axe....

The silence on the docks is palpable and other bug bears begins roaring, some in approval, some in anger. A hulking minotaur moo's angrily, pawing the ground as the metallic smell of blood hits it and you can feel the Captain and the rest of the men twitching and looking to the mooring ropes with some worry before there is a commotion at the back of the crowd. Whips crack, screams sound and soon enough three hullking bugberas that hulk a good foot taller than the rest push forward, each carrying a spiked whip that trails green blood as they've whipped others out of their way. But its not them that catches your eyes. Its the bugbear that stands with them in full metallic black spiky plate mail with a axe that hisses steam and glow with inner fire - Sakkarot Fire axe you would assume - and as you've been told one of the Cardinal's Agents.

The fire axe looks about, the crowd silencing with fear of their general as he regards the dead. "The weak fall. The weak have no place here..." He drives him the point stamping great steel boots onto the stunned ones crushing their skulls and looks at Oghash, panting and blood splattered and enlarged towering above him. But he stares at her without fear. "I am the Fire Axe... You have my weapons?" he demands, before gesturing at a great tent made from stretched polar bear hides you can see in the trees. "Come, tell me of the weapons you bring and tell me of the weak pink skins to the south so that we may begin their slaughter."
    He eyes the three of you from his beady red eyes and all of you can see the glint of cruel intelligence there....

24. - Top - End - #444

NecromancerGuy

As the foolish bugbears die to her swift and merciless strike Oghash watches the other monsters' reactions with something akin to hunger. When the battle ends before her bloodlust is truly slaked she takes several seconds to breath deeply and recover before addressing the lead bugbear. "The Ninth Knot hails Sakkarot Fire-Axe in the name of our Dark Lord. Greetings, great brother!" she proudly proclaims so that all assembled can hear in her magically-deepened voice.

Confidently looking back to the ship, she makes eye contact with Rollo and orders, "Unload the weapons and then wait for us to come back." The enlarged half-orc deliberately ignores the Captain (who she already considers a dead-man walking) and demonstrates her trust and confidence in the newly converted sailors as she follows their host towards his majestic tent.

Spoiler: OoC and Mechanics
    Show
    Intimidate, if it's applicable, to the assembled monstrous army: (1d20+6)[23] (not counting any circumstantial bonuses due to what just happened, size, etc...).

I am taking a little liberty, but assuming that Sakkarot is also a faithful Asmodean and would recognize the greeting and description of "brother" as a sign of respect. That is how I intend it - not trying to be overly familiar with him.

25. - Top - End - #445
    Titan in the Playground

ClericGuy

Ahkmathi smiled as the gambit played out, walking past the dead bodies, he moved to join Sakkarot and the others in the tent. Presuming everyone makes it there without getting shanked or eaten, Ahkmathi makes himself comfortable. Once they are ready to discuss, the wizard nods in respect to the bugbear and speaks.

”We have brought the weapons as directed by Cardinal Thorn, for your use in bringing war to the weak ones beyond the walls. While you arm your forces, we shall go to Balentyne and ensure the gate is open for you to bring war to Talingarde. What have you learned of the pink skins beyond the Watch Wall?"

OOC - Seeing if Sakkarot has any information that might help with our mission. For the record, he will ensure he is never alone while moving among the bugbears. Not like a bodyguard, but more of a subtle choice to make sure he doesn't have to deal with boisterous and hungry bugbears trying to get an easy snack
    Show
    Show

Effect: enlarge person (Oghash, 30 rounds); low-light vision

26. - Top - End - #446
    Titan in the Playground

Stvari smirks, amused by the display. "glorious!" he whispers, under his breath, as Oghash slings viscera and blood all over the docks. He stands behind Oghash's flank, content to be the second in line for combat, even when his turn never quite comes. As he steps across the gangplank, he peers down at the fallen creatures. "Stupid. Wasteful." he comments. After a few moments, and deep breaths to savor the tinny odor, he grins.

He glances at Rollo long enough to ensure the sailor is following Oghash's orders before turning back to the crowd. "As the prince of Hell has commanded," he chants, striding boldly among the monsters.

27. - Top - End - #447
    Titan in the Playground

On the docks Odenkirk gazes at Rollo with loathing as he realises the friendly nods that you have been directing his way. Rollo though nods to the trio of the knot and begins bellowing orders and the sailors are soon running a hoist up the mast and leveraging the crates of arms and armour over the side into the waiting arms of the bugbears and ogres lined up. Occasionally a giant, whipped by smaller goblinoids lurches to the side of the ship wading into the freezing waters and scoops a crate or two off the desk with its arms. Each time that happens the crew scatter, hands reaching to weapons just in case the giant tries to snatch more than a wooden crate.

Happy that peace is reigning at the dock and leaving a heavyily set albino furred minotaur with one glaring eye and an enormous spiked morning star crafted from the skull of some sort of beast in charge Sakkarot leads you through the camp towards his tent. Outside the tent is a massive spit atop which half a dozen broken and half naked Mitran slaves turn a huge boar over the roaring flames. The slaves look up in terror at the approach of the bugbear and their looks turn to confusion as they see Oghash, Akthmaki and Stavri following the bugbear. Sakkarot though is happy, "The Cardinal spoke true. You have brought steel to my horde. With that I can forge a horde to sweep aside the tin wrapped Knights of Alerion. and bring chaos and death to the Northern Realms". His beady red eyes gleam with excitement as he speaks but you can all see the gleam of cunning intellect in them despite the furred savage face. "My horde grows. When the weapons are unloaded I will have the boat take you across the lake and drop on shore near Balentyne. You will have a month to weaken its defences, to grind don its gates and prepare the way for us to breach the watch wall. " He pauses looking mainly at the wizard and the dwarf.

You are traitors to your own kind. You must know that. When Balentyne falls and my horde pours through its shattered gates, we will slaughter the Talireans by the thousands. Yet I see no regret in your eyes. Tell me, how can this be?”

28. - Top - End - #448

NecromancerGuy

Oghash smiles - a gruesome sight - as she sees the captain's displeasure. "This is fun," she says as she turns to follow their host. Listening to Sakkarot she nods a bit more solemnly and waits to hear her companions' answers.

29. - Top - End - #449
    Titan in the Playground

Stvari snorts at Sakkarot's question. "I just watched you crush the heads of three of your own clan for falling prey to petty magics," he grunts. "I might ask you the same. I've no kin in the Northlands, and the kin I have are by bond, not blood. These fools claim to serve simple ideas of goodness, even while cheating and robbing one another blind every chance they get. Paying off sheriffs and bribing judges, when they can't pretend to themselves that they're still following some hollow law." The Dwarf sneers, and waves a hand dismissively. He glances at the doorway beyond which human slaves roast meat for the harbinger of their own fall and the expression becomes a wicked sneer. "Even those weaklings cook your food like they think subservience will save them. Tell me, can five slaves turn the spit?"

Taken a bit by surprise by Stvari's sudden line of questioning, the Bugbear narrows his eyes and nods. "They can."

The Dwarf nods, and throws open the canvas tent and stalks back into the sun. He approaches the spitted boar, clanking quietly as he begins to loosen the dull gray chain wrapped carefully around his torso. He watches for a moment, as the beast turns, roasting slowly. "You there, what's your name?" He demands of the nearest slave. Not expecting to be addressed, the slave stammers for a moment. "Your NAME!" Stvari barks.

"Ahh, Jenner. Stanley Jenner," he manages to croak out.

Stvari turns and steps towards the man. "That's what it was once. Now, it's Meat!" Without warning, the Dwarf's calm demeanor shatters as he unwinds the chain in one smooth motion. Without breaking the flow, the sharpened edges of the chain crash down from above, ripping and tearing into the stunned slave. Only a moment or two later, Stvari finishes the slave off in a gruesome display of violence. He stands up takes a breath and looks at the next slave. "Your name?"

Terrified, shaking, and soiled, the slave stammers "Mm-m- meat?" After a long pause, marked by heavy but even breaths, Stvari grins. "Smart lad."

He turns back to the Bugbear and the unlikely trio of guests gathered by the tent and chuckles wryly. "We're all monsters, as far as I can tell. Only some have the strength to make the world be what they will it. I'll be damned before I let these beat me."

With an almost terrifying level of calm, he begins to tightly wrap the bloody chain around his torso once more, carefully placing each barbed point outward, and addresses Oghash. "Want him on a spit, sweetheart?"

30. - Top - End - #450

NecromancerGuy

Oghash watches Stvari's actions with a bit of a surprised expectation. When he offers her a nice, well-cooked meal of human flesh she tilts her head to the side in confusion. Then she shrugs and says, "Yes, good idea." She then excuses herself to direct the slaves to put their late-companion on a spit of his own and supervise the initial cooking of the dead man, leaving Stvari and Ahkmathi to continue their discussion with Sakkarot.